The Status of Tygs

Moderator: Mods

Tygress
Retired Game Designer

The Status of Tygs

Post by Tygress »

In case no one noticed.. I'm retired. I know, no big fanfare or anything? Am I sick?

No. :D I submitted my resignation to the GD's at the end of March, and have been giving myself some time to step away from anything and everything, to give myself some space, before coming back to the semi-temp consulting role the GD's have graciously allowed me. I apologize to anyone who was left in the lurch by my abrupt leaving- it was a hard decision, and once I made it, I needed to go, or risk changing my own mind, which was NOT for the better. I wanted to take this time to thank everyone for all the love, support, fun and good times I have had at Tazlure the last 2.5 years. As has been evidenced lately, I'm mever really gone. The GD's have been nice enough to let me continue to stick my nose into things here and there, and Meri and I will be working together to improve the chatroom in the future.

Much love, and Adventure on, Tazzies!

<hr>

For the curious, a copy of my letter of resignation:

I find myself writing this letter, well past the time it should have been written and with a heavy heart. As I approach the end of my third year as a Game Designer of Tazlure, I have been denying what is an obvious truth I should have admitted long ago- I am no longer earning nor deserving, nor even desiring the title of GD in this game. I have been, for at least 6 months if not more, a figurehead, with half-hearted attempts to rekindle my love of moderating in Tazlure, or even in developing, but I think its time to admit that at best all I will ever have anymore is a slow-burn.

It was recently pointed out that I am overly posessive of my locations and creations, and realizing this, I know it is time to step down and let those who still have the fervor and love of the game to run things as they see fit, rather then grasping desperately at creations no one can enjoy due to my lack of time to administer them. I give them over to Tazlure with a proud heart and the knowledge that you can do with them as you will. I leave behind what I hope will be lasting legacies- The CAT, the Modding Seminars, Trothgard, the Kanthrop and my beloved Thanion and his Duchy.

I have enjoyed- overwhelmingly enjoyed- my time at Tazlure, but in the last 12 months, I find myself feeling more and more out of touch with not only the events in Tazlure, but the staff as well. There's so many of you I have not had the chance or time to get to know, and thus been unable to assist or help out when you needed it. It is one of my biggest regrets and something I see as a personal failure- unavoidable as it was.

I'm immensely proud of our growth, our progress, our standing in the gaming community and all of you and the contributions you have all made towards Tazlure. We would not be where we are without such a fantastic staff. Thank you for making it a fantastic, rewarding experience I will never forget.

As for my PC's, I admit to being torn- I vainly enjoy being in the know, and I don't know how much frustration I am going to experience being just one of the players after almost 3 years of knowing any and everything. I'd like to try anyways- I think both Dakyna and Leaf are in some interesting situations that I'd like to at least play out.
Last edited by Tygress on Thu May 06, 2004 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Baldwin You'san

Goodbye

Post by Baldwin You'san »

Dear Tygress,

I have not had the chance to meet you, or be under yer moderating wing, but your letter has moved me to words, and seeing that you are a important role-model to Tazlurian society, I will say that I miss you as would a personal friend. If I am at liberty to say, we will glady take you back, when ever you feel you are ready and willing to come back to Tazlure. We will miss you!

Sincerely,
-Baldwin-
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

I have worked with Tygress since the thought of bringing Tazlure online in this version first sparked to life, and she has been instrumental in organizing us in our starting days, bringing her extensive experience in the gaming community and the IRC community as well, giving us an air of professionality from the start. I can always trust Tygress to speak up and pinpoint sometimes uncomfortable truths. In this she always remained a GD, even when real life started to keep her away from the many other duties that moderators share in Tazlure. It is no exageration to say that Tazlure would not be here today, if it was not for Tygress' continued support even through our darkest days.

Like you all, I've been saddened beyond belief that it has come to this. At the same time I know and belief we owe her the respect to be able to withdraw at this point of her own chosing, even if it would be so much easier to ones mind to nag and beg for her to stay.

This is not a final goodbye, for Tygress will remain a valued advisor, and member of our community. :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Well, although I have only met you one or twice at #tazlure, I heard a lot. Mostly it was good stuff :P.

From those times I managed to get your attention you were nice. I was even dubbed a stalker by you. Well, I was curious to meet the infamous Evil GD. And I was disapointed. You were not evil.

Have fun and pester us for a long time more.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Since the tone of these answers has been formal I will do my best not to ruin the solemnity. Tygz, after chatting with you on numerous occasions, enjoying your humor, your spirit, your charm, and your playfulness, I can honestly say that to me, figurehead is not an adequate term. You were a model of inspiration and integrity that made Tazlure all the brighter for me. I am so relived to hear that you will not be quietly stepping out of our lives, and I hope this resignation leaves you the time to enjoy what you truly enjoy about Tazlure, and continue to spend time with the people here who love you. I love you Tygz, and I'm proud to call you my honored friend.

Edited for my awful spelling. ^_^
Last edited by Gia as Rendia on Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Ok, now we all know that it would be VERY unRaevyn like not to try and ruin a perfectly good goodbye thingy. Well sorry to disapoint, because I won't.

I will say that as a former mod it was HELL trying to run things that she was so possessive over. It was a hard standard to live up to since such high expections were in place. Sadly I failed to live up to her great expectations of me. yeah it's true.

However it was a great hell, which I thoroughly loved. I love Tygs with all of my heart. Even though I have been quite the 'problem child' at times. I've bickered and fought with her on a few occasions, only because I didn't want to see her as right. And I would chew ANYone's head off for doing the same to her and/or the rest of the fine staff here. That was MY job. :D

Anyway without further digression into utter nonsense. There isn't a finer person to know than our beloved Tygs I have learned many a valuable lesson from her. You can't replace a person like Tygress, no. You can only hope to find five or six people to do half of what she did.

She has touched my life and my heart. I love her to pieces and bits. I'm a better player and person from knowing her. To that I say thanks babe.

*goes off to stay out of trouble*
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com

Return to “OOC Archives”