The Ceremony of Handfasting - Chryil 22nd Early ET

Moderator: Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Professor sighed and pondered what to answer Morgan when Abbajea's voice rang out. "We'll talk about it later. Besides, such a public occasion isn't a place suited to discuss those things. As to lessons, I don't see a problem there. Come see me tomorrow around the fourth mark of tradetide. I think I'll be in my quarters by then."

The Professor's eyes focused on his two friends standing before the Priestess and he sighed. "I never understood why declarations of love should be so public. It's between the two of them. I'll never understand this."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Mairi Armstrong
Envoy

Post by Mairi Armstrong »

Mairi was glad that Ulder appreciated her gift. He seemed like a pleasant gentleman, and one she hoped she would have the chance to get to know better in the future.

"You're welcome," she replied. "Things in Islay are still...complicated, too much so to go into on this happy day, but I am pleased to say that Hafne is getting back on its feet and the people are in a much better situation."

When Thavia appeared she realised she ought to return to seat - clearly the ceremony was about to get underway. She nodded a farewell to Ulder and quickly retook her place.

Mairi was no stranger to the rituals of the Mother, although she did not favour the goddess herself. However it was still fascinating to observe the rites that Abeaja was performing. Ulder and Elaine looked so natural together, so in love. A slight jealous pain manifested itself suddenly in Mairi's heart as she thought of the joy she had once known, and lost. She dispelled it quickly.
~The shadowy mountains and the echoing sea~
[size=75]avatar made from a photo by [url=http://www.sxc.hu/profile/alesia17]alesia17[/url][/size]
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie squeezed the Baron's hand, while considering if he could indeed help her. His contacts so far had not been disappointing. She gave him a beaming smile while whispering huskily "I shall always let you know, Illish." Yes, why not? This relationship had been growing into an alliance such as her mother had with her father. Maybe in time she would even grown to love him. For now though she respected him and she thought that was enough.

Her eyes fell on Andolin. She would have to contact him, but after her wedding. There was much between them that she need to mold into opportunity. "Isn't it sweet," she whispered to her intended as the words were spoken, her mind more on the wedding than anything else. Good grief, tomorrow it is my turn. Dominicus, tell me how I am not to run away from it all. Especially with ghosts trailing her. It was not fair.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

He looked deep into those blue eyes, completely lost in them, completely unconcerned that they would never see him back. He knew she could see him in her own way, and perhaps it was scoffed at, scorned and laughed at, but he knew standing here, that whatever this world brought forth for him to face, he would face it with her at his side forevermore.

His voice began somewhat shaky, not out of fear, but more of a nervousness to share his heart in front of so many, including so many that would rather he be dead and forgotten, than standing before them today.

"Elaine..."

He paused, allowing the waves to crash and the gulls to cry for a moment before continuing.

"There are few that have ever walked these lands that ever known me like you and you have enriched my life in ways I'm still only beginning to understand. With you I have no fear of saying what I wish to say, even it comes out poorly, perhaps like it will now at the worst possible time for me to trip over my own tongue."

He chuckled softly at his own folly and continued.

"I can be truly me, and not have to wear any sort of mask at any time. You understand me better than anyone else ever will. I love the way I feel when I am near you. I love the way that being with you makes the entire world fade into the background."

He clutched her hands tightly, the way he always did when he wanted her to know that he was there, truly there.

"You have amazed me with your bravery, your integrity, your strength and your determination. You have silently asked me to look within and find those qualities within myself and each time I do, I find the source of my strength flowing from you. You make me aspire to be more than I am, more than I can ever be. Reaching so far that it's the reaching itself that becomes the important part instead of if I succeed. You make me want to be better than I am."

"You have become a part of me, like a seed within my soul. You have made me happier than I ever dreamed I could be on this day and before the Mother and all those gathered here, I promise I will spend the rest of my days trying to get you to feel the same way."

"I love you with all that I am, and all I will ever be..."

With a last, tender squeeze of her hands, he fell silent.
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca had expected... Serah was it? to drag Elaine into conversation, so she'd felt... Well, slightly less guilty than she might have for letting her attention wander. Especially considering that she had spotted Morgan - she'd mentioned the wedding to him, but she hadn't been sure whether he'd come or not. And. Well. Between him and making a note to Gently Remind Mister Motricé that he had promised not to do tricks at the wedding, her mind was rather definitely elsewhere until Elaine tugged at her sleeve.

"Oh, sorry Lainey!" Becca looked around her until she saw Thavia waving her arms and pointing to a priestess. The illusionist nodded and grinned, saluting Thavia before turning back to Lainey. "It's over this way, come on."

When they reached the spot they were supposed to be at, Becca smiled at Ulder, then covered Elaine's hand with her own for a moment and squeezed it gently. "All right, this is it." She hesitated for a moment, glancing around her. It almost felt like she wasn't going to see Elaine again or something - like she'd said, this was it. "Good luck." Becca touched Elaine's headdress one last time, as though making sure the flowers were straight before she stepped back - not disappearing back into the crowd, but out of the way of the ceremony itself. "I mean - I mean be happy. Or something like that anyway."
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

The opening of the ceremony was almost exactly as she expected it to be. No fuss, just a statement. Elaine could taste the sea salt on her lips. The sand moved under her feet. This was no perfect show by far with the grains blowing into her face, itching in her neck. Yet it was part of life. And as soon as Ulder began to speak, none of it mattered.

The blind Achadhiel listened, hearing the words and feeling them reverberate in her heart. For a moment there it was hard to swallow. Of course she'd attended a wedding before and of course people had always been crying there, but somewhere inside the girl had never thought to feel the need on what should be the happiest day so far. And yet she had to swallow again when her beloved fell silent.

She did not want to let go of his hands. Every word she had thought of in the last few days before the wedding fled her mind. For a precious flicker she drew a complete blank.

Then words came, albeit not the ones she had thought up.

"Yahren ago I woke up to find the Song that saved me from a chaotic world. Following it I felt assured that whatever happened, it would lead me and I should not let myself get distracted from that goal in any way." Elaine could not help but chuckle. She'd been so silly.

"That changed." She lifted her head to meet his eyes despite her blindness. "When months ago I woke up to find a man who made my heart want to sing out loud. His strength kept me up right throughout my first hesitant paces. His confidence made me want to be worthy of that. His love...distracted me just as I had expected. And yet it only added instead of taking away. And then when I realized there was no way I wanted to continue without him..."

Another pause. The girl frowned. "It changed again." It was a deliberate choice of words, one aimed at chasing away the remainder of the shadows. "And still life moved on, turned a corner and brought us together once again."

She moved her hands to encompass his. "Without movement, there would be no life. Without you, I would not be a part of life. Without you, I would be truly blind. You have made my heart sing and I wish for us to live out that Song together.
Mother has blessed us.
Life moves around us.
Let us turn to them
And live."

The frown had long since changed into a smile which Elaine could not wipe off her face even if someone had threatened to do it for her.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Mother Abeaja smiled silently as the pair before her exchanged their vows, several ladies in the crowd sniffling into readily available handkerchiefs, Thavia amongst them, though she paid attention not to smudge the kohl at the corner of her eyes. The lady at Raevyn's side was much more interested in Ulder's vow, smiling almost proudly as he uttered the words, finding herself unable to suppress a chuckle at the man's apparent discomfort. Apart from the occasional sigh or chuckle the gathered people were quiet for the most part, Kercher beaming proudly and holding back what might have been a shout as his wife poked him in the ribs with her elbow.

"Rejoice. Be merry. We have just witnessed another couple join in an effort to be part of the wonder of life. You have witnessed a beginning of one of Tazlure most amazing wonders. New life shall spring forth from their union. Their love shall give birth to other beings that make this world alive." Kneeling before them, the priestess kissed Elaine's hand, gently pulling her fingers open and letting the soil in her palm drift to the ground. She repeated the same with Ulder, her face beaming with genuine happiness, before she rose and her assistants stepped forth throwing handfuls of flowers high into the air, the tradition saying that those upon whom they fell would be blessed with happiness as long as the love of the married couple lasted. Rosalie, the lady at Raevyn's side, Mairi, Hagen, Andolin, Hector Anzillo, and even the short form of Luther Dethrek found themselves the target of flowers.

With the couple joined and married in Mother's eyes, Abeaja joined their hands and ripped the ring of flowers from around their forearms open, uttering the final words of the ceremony. "As these flowers held you together, let your love do so in the future. Go now and share your happiness with those gathered. Let this day be a beginning of your new life as one soul in two bodies." With that she released them from her hold, letting them move into the gathered people who had gathered on that day.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

As the flowers fell on her Rosalie smiled appropriately as if she was honored. It was no use upsetting the heathens with her real opinion of the matter. That was the most curious wedding she had ever attended and she prayed to Dominicus to absolve her from sin for having even attended it. Handfasting with flowers. Improvised wording. Honestly, such chaos, such disorder. No wonder they nearly lost a war. Without the Mouth's assistance they would never have stood a chance against the regiments of the One. Rosalie held the smirk she felt building inside of her carefully at bay.

"Do they do this at every wedding," she inquired of her intended in a low husky whisper, some of her amusement slipping out "covering the guests in flowers?" It is quaint. She took up one of the flowers and sniffed at it.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

"My name is Raevyn," she said as she watched the proceedings. There was a bit of happiness in her usually hardened heart for her friend Ulder. It was a happiness she had felt when she was younger, and more recently when she was fawning over Morgana when she was still alive. Yet there was no time, nor space in Raevyn's heart to dote over her deceased flame. This was Ulder's moment, and the woman whom he was marrying.

"Ulder and I, we knew each other a long time ago. We were guards together on a caravan journey," Raevyn found herself saying almost instinctually. It wasn't like her to be this open about herself or her past to a complete stranger. "I heard of his upcoming wedding in town and I decided to attend, hoping to see him once again."

Raevyn continued to watch the ceremony as people gathered and things were said that even from this distance away, she didn't have too hard of a time understanding. The vows shared between the two were very nice and Raevyn imagined that they were truly heartfelt. A small smile parted her lips as she listened on.

He's marrying a blind woman. Now that is interesting, and funny, she found herself thinking. Surely somewhere in a distant land in a time that seemed like forever ago, she might have said just that. Only a blind woman would marry you Ulder, you pathetic human. She frowned. It's amazing that the two greeted each other as casually and comfortable as they did considering what a bitch Raevyn had been at the time. Or maybe Ulder was a better man that the adhiel had ever giving him credit for being, and had forgiven her for her brashness and her harsh words.

Or, maybe he just plain forgot.

Which ever it was, Raevyn was thankful for it. Perhaps it was better this way. For the first time in a long time, Raevyn found herself happy for someone other than herself for a change. As the flowers fell about the guests Raevyn asked the woman in white who she was, as she tried to continue the banter between the two.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

He closed his eyes and listened to her speak. Letting her soft voice mingle and mix with the sounds of the waves and the wind. There were many things that more traditional wedding spoke of. Vows and such things were common, formal declarations intermixed with prayers and hymns. But her words, her earnest sincere words were all the music he needed.

When she finished speaking he pulled her close and kissed her deeply. He whispered in her ear.

"I love you."

She was his wife.

Every moment in Ulder's life paled against this day. There had been many victories, many moments to shine and be proud of. But those things seemed lackluster and dim compared to how he felt right at this moment. It was a deep, abiding happiness he felt down in his soul and to the core of his being.

Whatever came his way now, forevermore, he would not have to face alone. Whatever came now was for the two of them.

He held her close, not wanting the moment to end. From this breath, and for every one he could muster, they would be together.

He turned to face their assembled friends and acquaintances with a smile as wide as the heavens, all the while gripping her hand tightly.

Morg

Post by Morg »

Morgan bore the delay with characteristic stoicism. I can wait one more day. I have already waited three months to broach the subject, after all, and I waited nineteen yahren to come to the University. Patience was not something he tended to lack.

He certainly bore the ceremony no ill will for interrupting his personal agenda. It would have taken a heart of metal to be insensitive to what was transpiring before him, and Morgan was certainly still very human. Furthermore, he was a worshipper of the Mother, and he well knew the significance of the ceremony. A formality, it was, but far from an empty one. It simply served to celebrate the natural wonder of a couple's union. Morgan's older sister had married only a yahren before, and he had been reduced to tears by it. For a flicker he saw himself as Ulder and Becca as Elaine - not a selfish fantasy, just a glimpse of what might come to pass. Sallow face flushed with happiness, Morgan leant forward in his seat.

They will be happy. All that we went through that night at Carling's Point? It was worth it just for this... for them.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Mairi Armstrong
Envoy

Post by Mairi Armstrong »

The vows were said; the marriage was complete. Mairi couldn't help but smile as the couple were joined. There was such hope in the air, such joy and such expectation - and it was infectious.

She was surprised to find a flower landing in her lap. What was it supposed to symbolise again? Luck, certainly. She was going to need it over the next few days, and even though she wasn't sure she believed in such superstitious nonsense, a little bit of help from the gods wouldn't go amiss.

And now what? Mairi wondered how the wedding would proceed now. Perhaps she would have more time to talk to her fellow guests...although it was nearly time to leave, if she was going to make it to Islay on time.
~The shadowy mountains and the echoing sea~
[size=75]avatar made from a photo by [url=http://www.sxc.hu/profile/alesia17]alesia17[/url][/size]
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

A heart so full that it was just about to burst.
Skin so warm that she felt almost feverish.
A kiss so loving that time stopped.
Just for them.

Everything fell into place. All was right now. They were together with Mother's consent and even her blessings. Their families agreed and even rejoiced. Finally there was a moment where the world worked with them instead of against them.

"I love you." Ulder whispered in her ear. The blind woman smiled, anwering his kiss, her arms around him as if never wanting to let go again. Of course the moment had to end, but this time it left no hole. There was only a promise for more to come, for every day to be theirs.

Elaine brought his hand to her lips and placed a kiss on it, turning to the crowd with him as they faced the world together.
As husband and wife.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

As the people rose in the wake of the vows, the woman next to Raevyn leaned closer to whisper into the ear, her eyes resting on Rosalie. "That is Rosalie Lo Russo, former Consul of World's Mouth in Citadel and more recently the Mouth Ambassador. She played a big part in the peace talks that brought the Pan's.... I mean Aveas conflict to a close." The white-clad woman's voice took a distinctly acidic tone "A dangerous little thing. Has an abacus in place of a heart. The man next to her is her future husband. Their wedding is tomorrow." The woman called Rosalie little, though she was hardly taller, though definitely more muscled, despite her light adhiel frame.

"Not every wedding. This is ceremony of the Mother. Each God in our Pantheon has a different ceremony. Dwarves have a most peculiar one. It can last for days or weeks as the couple fashions a present for one another from metal or stone, depending on the individual's talent. Luther there crafted a sculpture of his wife from pure gold, without using his magick." Illish's chin motioned towards the dwarf who was just now stepping forward, the pair of his men carrying the casket they have brought with them.

"Milady." The dwarf spoke looking up at Elaine his voice coming somewhere from around her waist. "As s the custom, my people would like to present you and Captain Ulder with a present. A pair of presents actually." Opening the box he held, Luther unlatched it and drew forth a necklace, crafted of silver with a small, finely crafted key hanging upon it. He turned and inserted the key into the lock upon the casket, unlocking it with a soft click and opening to reveal a set of armor, each little piece crafted with remarkable attention to details. The remarkable thing about it was its color, the dwarves somehow managing to make it dark purple. Turning Luther looked up at Ulder. "This is yours, lad. May it protect you from harm others may wish upon you." He left the casket open for several more flickers and then closed it again, locking it once more and returning the key into the silver box. He stepped forward to Elaine and pressed the box into her hand. "And this is for you, lass. So you could protect him from harm he would do upon himself. May Molten watch over ye." With that he grumbles something in dwarven and stepped back , letting the others present their presents as they saw fit.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

There was a sweetness to the sea air as he watched Luther's little ceremony. He watched with rapt attention as the Dwarf and his brethren handed over their gift to them. He was touched and awed by the whole thought of it. The generosity, the forethought and the craftsmanship was all near to overwhelming.

Between the cloak from the University, and this armor from Luther, its a wonder people aren't calling me "the Wine Knight" or something else that's equally silly already...

"Thank you my Lord Dethrek. Your prowess and skill are... are... I just don't know what to say... I guess you've knocked me speechless."

He made sure that Elaine got the key. In following the spirit of the gift, he was sure to honor the giver, and that was as important to him as anything else. Luther was a trusted friend and ally now, and Ulder's mind was already trying to think up a way to repay the Dwarf Lord's kindness.

He ran his fingers lovingly over the metal skin and in the process came the birth of an idea. It was a fleeting glimpse of something that with vision and purpose, could be brought to fruition. He pictured a knighthood, an organization of men equal to task of defending the Empire. The Purple Guard had been an army of sorts, dedicated to defending the life of one man. But Ulder's vision was something a bit beyond that. A vision of something grander. It had been far too long since the people had an organization to turn to. Knights had been gone from the realm and empire for far too long. His vision saw a return to those glory days. In a time where the struggles of an Empire meant sending out men and women like Voslaf, Lagnora, Sosa and others. In the west, the Knights were famous for slaying dragons. In the Empire, no such group existed. Until now. They were only a fleeting thought in Ulder's imagination at this moment, but the former Captain could feel the spark rising within him. It was only through the bedrock strength of Elaine's love and support where such an idea could have been forged by him. A new fire was about to burn.

He shook hands with the Dwarf Lord and other well wishers.

Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn listened as the woman spoke to her, all the while her eyes remained on the woman that she spoke of. This Rosalie person was obviously someone of influence and it could probably suit her to get in good graces with this person. The dark adhiel then diverted her attention back to Ulder and his new bride, a happy couple it seemed. She found herself to be genuinely happy for the pair despite her usual frigid demeanor.

"Will you be in attendance," Raevyn then asked of the adhiel speaking to her. She too was becoming someone that Raevyn felt that she should know. The assassin didn't think she would be attending Rosalie's wedding simply because she didn't know her, and figured it to be rude to just show up uninvited. Not that Raevyn had any quarrels with being rude or anything. However she was new her, and discretion was probably best. For now at least.

Raevyn also wanted to at least congratulate Ulder once more. She had nothing to give him and his wife, but could perhaps have dinner with them or something. After she was done talking to the woman beside her she would try to make her way through the mass of guests to talk with Ulder once more.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Elaine listened and heard the meaning behind the gift. A lump got stuck in her throat as she nodded. "You do us a great honour, lord. Rest assured that this will never be taken lightly, nor will it be forgotten in times of need."

With gentle hands she put the necklace on, leaving the key out for a few flickers before dropping it in the neckline. After that she held out her hands in hopes of shaking those of the kind lord.

Somewhere she hoped the key would never be necessary and yet...she knew their life would not be without confrontations. They both needed to grow from these instead of settle in peace and quiet. There was too much left to do, to learn, to teach. Oh, there was no doubt that at some point the key would be used. The question was whether it would be here in the Citadel again or someplace else. Whatever the occasion might be, the blind woman would have to be there. That was one important outcome of this day and everything that lead up to it: they would never stand alone again or seek to protect each other by shutting them out.

After thanking the dwarvenlord Elaine turned to Ulder again with a radiant smile and whispered: "You're doing well under the attention, love."
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Oh how she knew him! She might have just as well been inside his head and heart.

Her whispered words brought on a great deal of comfort to him. As a Captain the in Guard, there was strength in anonymity, he could hide in the uniform. But now here in front of all these people, he was reminded of the tournament and everyone looking on, watching carefully each move and step. Some waiting for him to falter, some looking for him to stand tall and strong.

Regardless, he squeezed her hand warmly.

"Thank you." he whispered back. "I think you're doing quite well yourself Mrs Synkaaros."

He smiled at that. Now he could think of her no other way. She would always be Elaine, but now there was the added surname that gave him a great sense of peace, contentment and pride. He never had to face anything alone again.

It the forefront of his vision came the odd sight of Raevyn again. only odd because because to see her here, and dressed as she was, it still struck him as out of place, as if she were wearing some sort of mask.

"Raevyn, I'd like for you to meet my wife, Elaine."

...my wife...

"Elaine. This is Raevyn. She and I were guards on a caravan together what seems like a hundred yahren ago."

Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Synkaaros," Raevyn said to her as she was introduced to Ulder's new wife. A polite bow followed on the part of Raevyn. This of course was done as a courtesy to Ulder. Raevyn had a slight disliking of half breeds like Elaine, and she would gladly gut one of them as soon as look at them. Yet there she was. This half breed, blind, in love, and happy, on her wedding day."You are a lucky woman, Mrs. Synkaaros," Raevyn then said as she looked at her and then to the groom.

Despite her disliking of humans, and half breeds, the assassin couldn't help but feel an unusual happiness inside and for them both. It was radiating inside and it made her feel uncomfortable and rather awkward. Like that one time in Taloh at an inn. She was on a date with some man and all she wanted to do was get into his sister's dress. Raevyn had to compose herself for a moment before continuing.

"Forgive me but I did not have time in order to get a gift for you," she said as she placed a hand firmly on Ulder's. "So you will have to allow me to invite you both to dinner one night." Raevyn wasn't normally one for cracking jokes but she found herself making one, at her own expense even. "Not mine however, I am a terrible cook, your husband can attest to that I am sure."

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

With a frown the white clad adhiel at Raevyn's side nodded and sighed. "I'll be going to the wedding. Hector asked me to come along and...... Well, he has to go and he asked nicely, so I could not refuse. And someone has to make sure he does not make a scandal..... And if he does I want to be around to see it." She grinned and cast a glance at a man nearby, who was deep in conversation with a nervous looking mage. She rose as well when Raevyn did, making her way to the married couple.

Despite being a proud member of dwarven race and prone to grumbling as the next guy, Luther could not help but smile and offer his hand to Elaine after she had thanked him for a gift. he did withdraw quickly, leaving the pair alone for a flicker. Another figure from the past approached, garbed in simple white robe with faint silver stitching along the hem. "Another lousy cook. My my Ulder you do know how to pick your girls. Though you struck a motherlode with Miss Bannon here. Or should I say Mrs Synkaaros?" Sosa smiled at his former Captain and gave Elaine's hand a gentle squeeze. "Hold on to this one, girl. He's a handful, but he does seem to love you."
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

"Lucky...yes, I know it. It does not happen often that one's beloved returns from the dead, nor that the follow up is an actual wedding." Elaine smiled at Raevyn, wondering what the tinge of awkwardness was that seemed to hang around the woman. Of course her eyes did not pick up on the difference in skin colour, yet the soft accent betrayed an adhiel heritage. It would make sense if there was some hesitance towards an achadhiel like herself.

This was not the time to linger on old hopes and fears. It was a time for new beginnings and the smile in Rae's voice souned genuine. "Dinner sounds lovely, lady. I assure you we did not organize this day for the gifts." She laughed.

Sosa's appearance got her by surprise. "Lady Sosa! You are here! Oh I know what I got here. More than a handful, I'd say, and luckily so. Never a boring moment, I am sure."

Mrs Synkaaros. It felt right. It would not change who she was, just add something to the mixture. She returned the handshake with a broad smile.

Jonah came walking up from behind and slapped Ulder on the shoulder. "Congratulations, mate! May you find her as annoying as I did when she whooped my ...err...behind." He grinned at Elaine's shocked face.

"Jonah! You deserved it and you know it."

The young man lifted his hands in a defensive gesture. "Hey now, I never said I did not deserve it! Just...take care of each other, eh?"

Nathan kept in the background, arms still folded and smiling at the proceedings. Somewhere he wished his sister could have been there to see her daughter get married. Yet in her absence he simply took her place, beaming proudly at the happy couple.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

To a man who had a passionate heart and a cheery outlook, this ceremony was most touching. True love was evident. It was a rare and joyous thing to be celebrated. The vows were poetic. The service had been inspiring.

To a man who was smug and lived under the jaded notion that true love was a weakness ... something that he had perhaps tasted in a fleeting fashion ... but that he would guard himself against in the future, the ceremony was mostly a spectacle of idealism and false hope. This man might admire the pageantry of the ceremony, and plan how his own ceremony would be far greater. He would feign a smile of happiness, while at the same time speculating how soon it would be before tragedy struck. Both of them seemed to attract danger as they might a stray dog.

As to which man was Andolin, it would be left to the reader. He was smiling, after all, so he could have been either.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: My apologies for the extremely long wait without notice. My exams absorbed more time then I anticipated and the last week I've been struggling to pick up all other things in RL en RP

IC:
Elvin approached his two friends, smiling warmly. After everything they had found each other again and were happy. The Adhiel knew that happiness and was glad that both had found someone to hold onto. "Aether know they'll need it. Sooner or later something will happen again. Both of them have too strong a sense of justice to live a quiet life..."

When he reached the newlyweds he dipped in a small bow: "Hello, my friends," he smiled again as he unwrapped the cloth package he brought with him, "I've been traveling so I haven't had a lot of time to arrange for an appropriate gift. I did bring you back something that might be to your tastes though," a dark bottle appeared and a small package wrapped in paper. He handed to bottle to Ulder: "Kislovani red, from an exceptional year if I might believe the merchants back home. Something to celebrate on a quiet night," he turned to Elaine and handed her the small package, "And this, my dear, if for you. To remember your own strength."

Inside was a delicate silver necklace with a detailed tree formed from silver, it looked alike to the tree Elaine used when visualizing shielding. "World's Mouth has undoubtedly fine mages and jewellers."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Claire Owens
Civus

Post by Claire Owens »

It was all so terribly rich, terribly lavish and awfully romantic. Certainly, this day would be something to tell the grandchildren about (assuming Claire ever had any - true love wasn't anywhere on her agenda). With the ceremony completed and the guests lining up to offer the happy couple their gifts, it was time for her evening's work to begin. She picked up a tray of the iced cakes and began to circulate as unobtrusively as possible, straight-backed with perfect posture, smiling pleasantly as she offered them to the various dignitaries.

Eventually her path took her to a purple-clad lord surrounded by a squadron of armed guards in imperial armour. While smiling as warmly as anyone else at the celebration, there was something aloof about him and the way he made no attempt to join the flock around Ulder and Elaine. Claire still wasn't entire sure who everyone was, but she reckoned that she could make a fairly good guess as to this one's identity.

The beginnings of a plan began to form in her mind. A little publicity stunt for the business, although she really wasn't sure how well it would go down with his Imperial Majesty. The popularity of a small coffee shop would be of no concern to a man of his stature. A waste of his time, really.

Although, who knew, maybe she might manage to amuse him. It was worth a shot.

"Cupcake, Lord Caesar?" she murmured, sidling up to Andolin, wide-eyed and innocent. "I kept this one for you, since it's the pwettiest." She smile sweetly. "And it comes specially laced with ultewior motives."
[size=75][b]"The heart wants not coffee nor coffee houses. The heart wants a friend. Coffee is only an excuse." - Old Turkish saying[/b]

Avatar by crystaldragon at allavatars.com[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Now that the formal part of the ceremony was over, people seemed to be crowding to present their presents and well-wishes to the happy couple. Morgan didn't know either too well, and he had nothing to give, so he realised he was at something of a loose end.

He spotted Becca in the throng. Briefly he considered approaching her... but Becca was supporting Elaine, and Elaine was the centre of gravity of the entire gathering... so Morgan was worried that, if he disturbed Becca, the whole cluster would tumble down like a social house of cards. Rather than rocking the boat, therefore, the mage simply gave a general and rather peremptory wave to anyone in the vicinity, making his way away from the ceremony and back up into the city.

I think the correct thing for a student of magick to do in these situations is to vanish in a puff of smoke. I'll have to work on that one.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”