Drinking at the Dragon (open to all) - Chyril 26th ET

Moderator: Mods

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: Just a reminder for the nice people to wait for everyone to reply before posting again. Sidethreads are a wonderful invention if you wish to hyperpost to your heart’s content. And even they you best wait for a mod to make a judgement at critical junctions.

Yelena passed by a rather tall dwarf, though his height was partly due the stool he was standing upon, his right hand bandaged and held to a chest. He was given a glance, but the bearded fellow did nothing to keep her from entering the common room, the busy night keeping the bartender away for a flicker, though a reply came back as she was moving away from the bar and towards Paige. “Bill’s the grumpy dwarf at the front desk.” The man glanced up at the girl, smiling politely and bowing from the waist up. “I am Corp….. signore Antoine Ciccone. Pleased to meat you, signorinas. If you will excuse me I believe I need a drink and the barmaid seems to be busy at the moment. Would you like me to fetch you something.” The man held himself confidently, his eyes meeting Paige’s at the last question, conveying that she just needed refuse to send him away.

Yosie’s brow arched at Corbin’s display of magick, the maid’s lips curling into a somewhat impish smile as the tendrils of force disappeared under Valya’s clothes, a glint in her eye a clear sign she enjoyed the spectacle. She was not so quick to take a seat, glancing towards the door leading to the foyer first and then slipped to a chair next to Ralph and slid it across the floor so the aged mercenary blocked Bill’s view of her. “Gee now, I think surviving Bill’s wrath is dangerous, but that if we decide he is more scary than some battle, then I got you beat fair and square.” She chuckled and poked Ralph in the side, making him squirm and swat her hand away. “And if I know Bill, old Ralphie here will face the Archgrump soon enough. Ever since he burned his hand he is extra grumpy. Poor dear won’t admit it hurts, and yells each time I offer to kiss it better.” Pursing her lips the maid, turned to Ralph, her eyes on Corbin’s face. “Now tell me these don’t look like they could send the pain away.” The old mercenary flashed a grin at Corbin, but resisted the urge to try those luscious lips, earning himself a pat on the knee by the mischievous barmaid.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

it was quick, just a flicker but it caught Hex's attention. When the younger of the two soldiers kissed the half-elf's hand, there was an effect.

A magical effect...

While still appearing to be in a state of relaxation, Hex took another good long look at the people in the room and then brought her gaze back to rest on the soldier. She could see that he was well travelled and from the callouses and way he moved his body, used to sword work. His open and frivolous use of magic surprised her. Perhaps a priest of the whore god Pan? Perhaps a warlock? It did not matter, this was not her home and these were not her people.

She was once again back on her guard and that one had her attention. She was not obvious, but she kept him out of the corner of her eye.

Langredoc, what little nest of trouble have you lead me too?...
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

A gentlemanly gesture, Antonie Ciccone made with his offer, curved Paige's lips into a friendly smile. Perhaps she shouldn't have been so quick to judge the man. Feeling a bit embarrassed by her impolite thoughts towards the man, the young woman shifted uncomfortably in her chair. Who was she to judge another when so many took it upon themselves to judge her?

"That is very kind, Mr. Ciccone, "Paige replied after arguing with herself, "I pray you will accept my apologies, I haven't came across the most friendly of people today. My day has been pretty eventful, so to speak. Still, it isn't an excuse for the impoliteness."

"You are more than welcome to sit here," she winked, her mood starting to improve, "as for a drink, I will let you do the choosing. I am sure you have fine taste, sir."

After she had spoken to Antoine, Paige turned an eye to Langredoc. She was beginning to wonder if he was going to have a seat...It wouldn't hurt to have a handsome face to look at.
Last edited by Paige on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena looked back, bowing slightly and making eye contact to convey her thanks to the bartender. It must have been pure luck, but as she turned back she caught sight of Corbin's magickal effect, the silvery strands surprised her for a flicker.

Her curiosity was broken as she felt her feet ache somewhat, and the minor soreness of her shoulder from earlier in the day. Her eyes wandered from Paige to Langredoc to the new man that appeared, Mr. Ciccone before tensing the shoulder again and feeling the same ache. Doors... She took a deep breath and let it go, giving a smile.

"I shall have what you choose also."

Yelena was not in any particular rush to do anything, she was tired and had not touched a book since she got off of the ship. In a quick and careful motion she placed the pack on the top and pulled out a bound book to peruse. After a few pages her eyes came back up to meet with the faces of the other patrons again, noting the vast differences in the people.

It really is an interesting place, the Citadel.
Last edited by Yelena Kintessia on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"Dreadful times?" Corbin said with a grin. He had caught the look on Valya's face as he cast his little illusion, and was pleased to see it had hit the mark. "If they did not feature demons then I would say you had a normal Citadelian day." He winked with the statement. "Forgive me, I do not wish to belittle your day. It is just that these days the Citadel seems to be anything but quiet. Demons, assassins, murderers - it seems to render one's own concerns somewhat irrelevant." He said.

As he spoke he reflected on how much he had changed since he had left the reasonably comfortable existence of Roque d'Ancourt. Near death under the Citadel, ageing yahren in a day to shut off the Changer's path of retreat and then finally defeating the Changer - not to mention the reasonably minor events in the Red Banner. No, his days in the Citadel had not been peaceful in any way.

"As for bravery, I can admit to merely being a student at the University. Bravery sits better on a man such as Ralph here." Corbin said generously. These days he felt thoroughly liberated, having chosen to leave his Amulet of Ego in his room most days.

Corbin then smiled at Yosie who had taken a seat, and positioned herself so that Bill could not see her.

"Bill's wrath is like a storm. It can thunder and lightning for awhile, but eventually it blows away." He said with a laugh. "I'm sure that you shall weather that particular storm - but tell me, how did he burn that hand of his?" Corbin enquired, before laughing at the sight of Yosie's pursed lips.

"I'm quite sure those lips could distract a man from his pain." Corbin agreed, then turned his gaze back to Valya.

"Well then Valya, if you will permit me to call you such, from whence do you hail that you have been walking for days and days?" He enquired.

As he spoke Hex might have been disappointed to note there was no further magical activity thus far. Corbin kept himself open to the aether in observation, as was his habit, but he was not weaving any magic, bar keeping a small amount under his control in the eventuality that he might need it.

For a flicker his eyes moved about the Dragon, as they did frequently, surveying those present. They came to rest on Yelena, a young adhiel sat with others. He offered her a friendly smile - a smile was always free, after all, and one could never have too many friends.
Last edited by Corbin Dillon on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

“Well, I daresay there weren’t any demons…” she hastily replied “not that I haven’t had truck with those before. Ghosts, mostly.” Valya flicked her hand and rolled her eyes as if to say ‘you know how these things are’. True, she had been part of an exorcism squad though it had only been made up of her old Aunties and maid or two. The cause? Thumping in the root cellar and the milk turning sour twice in one week! Valya decided to leave that part out.

Valya felt like she was rapidly losing her way in the conversation. She smiled uncertainly at the flirtations rapidly firing around her head, pleased that her new friends were all so fond of each other but she had a nagging feeling that these innuendos went a bit deeper than her own. Why, these two may very well have been lovers! Val began to feel her seventeen years and lack of worldliness very keenly. Her bravado retreated and she looked from Yosie, to Ralph, to Corbin with wide, entreating eyes.

“Why, just a small place. Two days walk from here, just outside the city. I got lost trying to…to find the University,” she added shyly to Corbin, “I want to study there. To do what you do.”
It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green,
it's memories that I'm stealing
but you're innocent when you dream. - Tom Waits
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc carefully took a seat and sat down near the ladies. A quick glance to Hex, to make see if she would join then as well.

He took little Reiker out of his cloak again, and the little cub was happy to be free again, expressing it clearly while he was placed on the table within a arms reach of the warrior.
Tension had lessened now the other man reflected in a more positive way to the ladies, that made it also better for Langredoc, who was also very tired.

Having no money, he could not order any drink. Well that problem would soon be fixed.. he hoped. He checked all the faces on the table and the one's around the bar for about the hundreds time to see if someone was familiar. His mind was filled with uncertainty about Hex and Eyrekra until he decided that time would tell.

He nodded to all who sat at the table and then responded to what Paige had said "Yes, I could use some relaxation, I would prefer it if people would be more open sometimes, before they try to claim something that was never offered in the first place. My name is Langredoc by the way, and what brings the Ladies to Citad..."

Something distracted the man, he thought that he had seen some magic,,, he disliked magic, but he was not sure...

"...del.." he finished his sentence..
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Antoine hesitated a flicker, unsure how to view the sudden shifts in Paige's mood, viewing the wolf cub Langredoc placed on the table with some suspicion. In the end politeness over-ruled his wariness, the tall ex-Corporal of the Condotierre, bowing and withdrawing towards the bar. He waved at Yosie on the way there and soon was making his way back with a bottle of red wine, and quite a number of glasses, balancing it all on a tray quite well. Placing the tray on the table, he uncorked the bottle and poured each of the girls some wine, pausing before actually pouring to see if they desired him to do so. Langredoc too was offered the wine in the same fashion, before Antoine sat down, choosing a chair between Yelena and Langredoc, and placing himself opposite Paige, with the expanse of the table between them.

"Riots, looting, fires and pillaging." Ralph added, soon followed by Yosie's voice chirping in. "Coronations, free drinks and food and huge celebrations in the streets. You boys really know how to show a girl a good time. I mean, why would a lady choose a dance over being in the middle of a riot is beyond me." Truth was, the shapely barmaid found the idea of being part of a riot more than simply appealing, but knew how dangerous such things were and preferred to satisfy her need to physical action in other ways. "Bill is part of the Citadel voluntary fire-brigade. He helped put out the fire at the Red Banner a couple of days ago and came back with his palm blackened and in the foulest mood I have ever seen him. Can't say I blame him, cause it looked like it hurt badly." Then Valya mentioned ghosts and Yosie perked up. "Ghosts? You've seen them? Or were they invisible?"
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

"Thank you for your generosity," Paige said to Antoine, her mood slightly improving at the sight of the wine in his hand. The adhiel knew that she would feel somewhat better once she had a drink. It had been quite a journey for the blue-eyed beauty, and she was ready to unwind into the simple pleasures of wine and conversation. She knew that it wouldn't hurt to get to know a few people, besides it would probably be a benefit to her in the long run. However, it was far too early to tell.

Paige's thoughts were suddenly filled with images of her twin sister, Paiyne. She longed to find her, even if it was just a glimpse of her. At least, she would know she was alive, not knowing so was enough to drive the adhiel insane. It made Paige angry that her sister couldn't be here with her, enjoying a drink. Although, if Paiyne was with Paige, the two of them wouldn't be in the Citadel. No, it would be the Aveas and Paige wouldn't have to worry about pleasing men in order to make ends meet. Whoring is what Paige had succumbed to, and it wasn't because she enjoyed it, but more along the lines of a way to survive and get information out of men. She was making most of her money to find someone who would help her find her sister, and right now business wasn't go so well.

With a quick glance from Antoine, Yelena and then to Langredoc, the young woman beamed at the wolf pup: it was the cutest thing she had ever seen. Trying to make eye contact with Langredoc, in order to answer his question, Paige realized that the man had never told them his name.

"I have come to the Citadel to find work and help in finding my sister," she replied to Langredoc politely, "May I ask your name, sir? That way I know what to call you."
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: I just assume its my turn.....

Langredoc politely accepted the wine Aintone offered him. "Thank you sir, its gladly accepted."

His attention was drawn to Reiker and Paige, the little wolf was clearly fond of the woman and trying to get all the attention he could get. It brought a smile on Langredoc's face.. His eyes turned to Paige when she asked his name.. he did not answer directly, chewing a bit on her words.

"My name is Langredoc, nothing less, nothing more........ how can someone lose her sister ??" He had the odd feeling that he would not like the answer. He took a sip of the wine, tasted it. He never had drunken much wine. Beer was the norm in the area where he had grown up.
Last edited by Langredoc on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya listened to the talk with an interested, half comprehending look on her face. Her brows contracted over her soft dark eyes and quirked up when the group mentioned the riots. “D’ya mean what all’s been happening outside?” She looked at Yosie. “That sounds more like a county fair than what I saw…Maybe I wasn’t in the right part of it.” That must be it. If Yosie said it was exciting then Val thought she must have just missed the good part. In truth the rushing people with their hard, frantic faces had frightened Valya badly. They had looked right through her, their agitation something she could almost feel. And even that was better than the ones that had seemed to see her. Men with violence in their eyes and some other expression that she didn’t understand but repelled her none the less. Of course, she’d rather die than betray her fright.

“Ghosts? Oh yes, I’ve known them.” She looked a little surprised, after all…hadn’t everyone? Ghosts, sprites, omens and augers were a part of daily life, or so she thought. Valya may have learned to dip a curtsy and dance a reel in the drawing room of her mother but most of the education of her young mind had gone on below the stairs. Her ‘aunties’, the cook, the seamstress, and the maids had been a superstitious lot. Pan may have received his dues among the silver and brocade and during the shadowy conclaves Val was shut out of but everywhere else the Mother held sway. Well, the Mother plus the traditions of hedge-witchery handed down from ages past.

Valya gazed at Yosie fondly and indulgently. “Of course, you probably don’t have so much of a problem with haunts” she pronounced it ‘haints’, “in the city. Too many people bustling around. They’re invisible to the eye but you can feel them sure enough, if you’ve a mind to. We gathered together, you see, lit a candle and some incense and cast a circle. Salt for the circle, its best for cleansing, and the candle to draw the haunt on to the next plane. The incense calms and placates them…that’s the problem with spirits. They’re lost and restless and you’ve got to get them moving on in the right direction.” Valya rattled this off with supreme confidence. Had not Helena given her an almanac of her very own filled with invaluable advice when it came to these things? True, the cook had led the party and spoken all the words but Val remembered with a thrill the feeling of being a part of it. Funny, though it might sound to the others like the rankest ignorance and suppositions heresy, it seemed to contain a kernel of the things mages were taught – the gathering of energy, the focus of purpose, the circle, the ritual of it all.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"To find the University, eh? Usually the easiest way is simply to follow those with the longest beards." He said with a laugh, though he knew this was not strictly true. "In all seriousness, I can show you the way to the University - I have engrained in my mind the direction from the Dragon to the University so that I might make it when I am rather the worse for wears." He said flashing Valya a smile and a wink. "As for doing what I do, I can assure you that whilst there is certainly excitement and interest to be had, there is also danger of every conceivable sort - and some inconceivable ones." Corbin said. "Of course, you need not expose yourself to those - but sometimes it becomes... difficult not to." He said with a shrug, as if his words did not entirely convey his meaning.

"The Red Banner, you say?" Corbin asked Yosie. "I had the pleasure to experience that conflagration, though I made my wait out underneath the brothel. Not a pleasant experience, I can assure you." He said, recalling the stench, not to mention the dead body.

He settled back whilst he listened to Valya discuss ghosts.

"Ghosts are one things I have not encountered." Corbin said. "Demons, yes, serial killers, perhaps, zombies, naturally, and dark wizards, certainly. But no ghosts. I can't say I am too disappointed." He said with grin. "All good things come to those who wait, after all. Though, they seem to sound more of an annoyance than anything particularly deadly - floating around, making moaning noises." He shook his head. Those would certainly annoy him.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Oh no, silly. That riot outside is no fun at all. You just were unlucky to come into the city a day late for the wonderful party yesterday. And I hear they had a proper ball up in the palace. They even say Caesar Andolin picked a girl for his first dance and that she will be his Caesarii. Grand-daughter of the Muchisllian Ambassador." She nodded sagely and added. "Those nobles aren't that different from us common folks. We marry for those that will help us live well and not be poor, and they do the same, though sometimes they marry for connections and power instead of money. Don't you find that amusing?"

Yosie had seen the ruins of the Banner and had seen Bill's hand, but Corbin did not look injured in the least and that made her cast a wary eye on the mageling, though she did not say anything, Valya's ghost story catching the girl's attention. "Ah, so you protect yourself and then do a ritual to send the ghost away. Interesting." At this point Ralph gently poked Yosie in the ribs with his elbow and whispered. "I think you best go and do yer work, luv. Bill can't see you fer now, but best not test your luck. And I better go and take over from Magda." Turning to Valya and Corbin he touched his brow with fingers and grinned. "It's been a pleasure meeting you two. Enjoy the rest of the evening." Yosie rose as well and dashed off with a grin, and a muffled shriek, as Ralph pinched her bottom and dodged between the table before she could react.

"Oh, signorina, you will make me blush." Antoine smiled at the thanks, and arched a brow when she mentioned looking for her sister, glancing towards [b]Langredoc[/]b unsure if the man was joking or truly was a bit slow. "I think signorina wanted to say she parted from her sister in the past and longs for a family reunion of a sorts. She just does not know where her sister is. Am I right, signorina?"

A hulking figure entered through the door at that moment, the tall and muscled female warrior that stood watch over the front door stepping in and making her way to one of the few vacant tables, slumping into a chair, with her spear leaned against the nearby wall. Within the next burn Yosie delivered a mug of ale to her table, the tall women sitting stiffly in the chair, sipping her drink quietly and observing the patrons with mild interest.
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Smiling at Antoine, Paige shot him a wink, "Yes, that is correct. I won't delve too much into the situation, but the last time I saw my twin, we were separated by a slave trade in Amun Rah. That was about six yahren ago."

Clearing her throat, Paige took a sip of wine and continued, "Her name is Paiyne Skiewynd, by the way. In the recent past, clues have led me here to the Citadel. I'm not sure if I am on wild goose chase or not, only time will tell, I suppose."

Turning a suspicious eye to the female guard, the adhiel woman shuddered at her appearance. With Paige being so small, nearly everyone was intimidating to her, but she didn't worry too much about this and turned her attention back to her company. Letting out a sigh, Paige smiled at Langredoc and shook her head.

"You see, I did not lose anybody," Paige replied playfully, "The situation was forced upon she and I. There is only so much one can do."
Last edited by Paige on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

OOC: Please do not wait fro me to post if anyone is RL is very busy but I will get in when I can.

IC:

Hex was enjoying the atmosphere, the food and the mead. her brow winkled a bit as Eyrekra had not returned. She was a grown woman and hex was not her mother. Hex had kept a corner of her eye on Corbin's table but once again had relaxed.

When the woman formally of Trothgard made her way in Hex took the time to take in all of the woman to see what had changed. Doing mental shrug after a few moments Hex mentally then wrote the woman off. Just another warrior that had lost her way. It could have been her, but she had been called. She had survived every test....survived yes, but there was much left undone.

The mead suddenly was not as good as it was a flicker ago. Hex stood and picked up her gear. The pup was trained enough to follow. As Hex passed Corbin and his party she gave the man a good hard look and then moved on to Langredoc.

Walking up to that table Hex stood and looked over the other three. Her mood had become more foul as moving reminded her of her hurts.

"Soft...so very soft. You should have told me if you had needs such as these. I will get us a room...for two."

Hex looked from Paige to Antoine to Yelena and back to Paige.

"Well they are such small things I guess they will not take up much room."

Hex just gave Langredoc a look and went to the bar to arrange the rooms.
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena tried to study Paige's expression and appearance. The woman's hair was dark, and her eyes a nice compliment. They stood about the same from what she could tell, at least after seeing the height of Langredoc who was also sitting at the table. Light and dark was the comparison Yelena was coming to as she looked at Paige. Of course, she was going by looks only.

“Your sister?” Yelena's eyes looked up from the pages of her book and rested on Paige. She had been listening intently for the past few burns and was successful at becoming even slightly unnoticed in the conversation. “You should still tell us. Is she nice? What are the chances that she is here?” The words came in a bit of a flurry, but she was interested. Yelena closed the book and straightened up in her chair, signaling her attentiveness.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

ooc: I think I’ve put myself into a corner seeing as I’ve already started a thread about being left behind in Citadel…so she might just get too drunk to go with him ^_^

Valya gazed at Corbin with a silly look on her face. “You’d really show me where to go? Oh, that would be…perfect.” At his smile and wink her dark eyes grew bigger as she clasped her hands together at her bosom. She was developing a school-girl crush of truly epic proportions. “Oh, I don’t mind a bit of danger,” she says breathlessly, “One time I swam out to a rock so far off our shore that I couldn’t see land…but I couldn’t get back so an hour later they sent the rowboat for me.” Gosh, that sounded…dumb. She tried to cover her slip with a winning smile.

Val nods at Yosie’s marriage remark although from anyone else she would have hotly contested being called ‘common’. Natural born, maybe, but surely not common! she thought to herself soothingly. Valya bid farewell to Ralph and watched Yosie leave with a feeling of dismay. Suddenly she felt quite unchaperoned for the first time in her life, and she cast around for something, anything!, intelligent to say. “Oh, um, well…care for some wine? I certainly would.”
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

OOC: Don't worry, I'll take care of that in this post ;)

Corbin nodded merrily to Ralf and Yosie as they made their goodbyes and headed off to serve and protect the customers. He chuckled as Ralf pinched Yosie's posterior. As he turned his attention back to Valya he noted a well-built a very pale woman giving his table a searching look. She certainly seemed a woman who could take care of herself, and brought to mind the mysterious Red. She continued on and Corbin focussed his attention on Valya again.

"Well, if you are prepared to swim in deep and uncertain waters, perhaps you are ready to study magic." He said with a chuckle. "Though I think it is always safest to stay within sight of land." He added. Like Valya he had noted Yosie's inclusion of him in the 'common' folk, and he thought to himself wryly that whilst it might be technically true, his mother and father would have been distraught to hear it said. And perhaps they were equally distraught in the knowledge that their son had made little progress on changing that during his time in The Citadel. Still, he had had far more interesting things to do in that time.

Corbin also noted, with a smile, that the departure of Ralph and Yosie seemed to induce a degree of nervousness in the young girl with whom he sat.

"I could certainly partake of some wine." He said with a smile. "Not too much, or I might suspect that you are trying to get me drunk. My mother warned me of girls like you." He said with a wink and a broad grin on his face.

"Now, the University of Magic. I probably shouldn't take you back this eventide - the staff are always on the look out for students trying to sneak women back in. They are very observant as well. Especially my Professor." He said with a shrug. "But if you are staying here then I shall come by tomorrow morning and show you the way, if that is acceptable?" He asked. "And what, exactly, is it that you hope to do as a magic user? Have you any particular idea of what you would like to study?" He asked, leaning in to the table and resting his chin upon a hand.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc just listened to Paige, still he was not happy.. slavery and abuse was something he could not accept. Partly because of his own background.. partly because it was just unfair.. and for other reasons he did not want to think about.

So he just smiled back at Paige and said "Well everybody can only do so much alone.. I would change the situation and get some help..", it was as close as he would get to offering help to a stranger even if she seemed to genuine. It took time for the man to trust someone.

he only glanced at the warrior woman, as she entered.. just making sure that he knew where the weapons were..

It was at that moment that Hex decided in all her warrior might to visit the table and look down on them.. Langredoc got a Trothgard feeling when he saw her coming towards him. He had hoped that the woman would join them... but now he was not so sure anymore...

"Soft...so very soft. You should have told me if you had needs such as these. I will get us a room...for two." she said.

Langredoc's mouth dropped open.. closed, opened again to say something really bad..

When she said "Well they are such small things I guess they will not take up much room."

His mouth snapped close again... the man was angry.. very angry.. so he rose slowly from his chair. The little wolf yelped and jumped for the nearest save spot, Paige's arms.

The little wolf distracted Langredoc a bit, and he watched Hex walking away.. he had a feeling that he watched history walking.. a person not part of the present time. He liked Hex, she was a great brother in arms.. But the way she differentiated between those who were hard and tough and thereby good and the .....others, was beyond his understanding..

In the back of his mind a little devil asked him if he was angry because now two troth women had tried to take control over his body and life without even asking.. a problem for his male ego perhaps ? NEEDS... HAH. He decided here and then that he would forfill those NEEDS.. but NOT with her !

"I apologise to the ladies here.. my SISTER IN ARMS, has a different view of the world in many ways. She is from Trothgard, a cold place were women once ruled over men, viewing them as the weaker sex... " He chuckled when he resumed "And maybe they are right... but noone should decide over a other's persons life ever ! Noone should judge those different as weaker or worse like this.."

Yes he was angry.. he grabbed the glass and emptied it.

"I think I need some fresh air... " he ended.

What's wrong with those women... he thought... Its that Goddess of them it not only freezes their hearts... it also freezes their bloody brains........ Tonight he would talk with Hex, but for now he would stay away from her as far as possible !!!!!!!!!!

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Antoine was silent and merely chuckled at Hex' comment, finding the tall woman's insult a silly thing in present circumstances. Shrugging it off as inconsequential he rose in his chair when Langredoc announced he was leaving and turned his attention to Paige. "I doubt you shall find your sister without some help, signora. And I doubt the City Guards will be of much assistance. If I were you I would go to a place called Pier 17 and ask for Michael Crane, though I warm you that he is a dangerous man. If anyone knows of where your sister is, he would be that man."
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Paige was about to answer Yelena, but suddenly found herself listening to Antoine explaining something about Pier Seventeen. It made her slightly nervous to know that she would possibly be encountering danger if she went, but she had no choice, Paiyne had to be found. With a frown, Paige stared blankly into her glass of wine, and for a few burns she tuned everyone and everything out. Could she really be this close to finding her sister? Paige could hardly contain herself, but something just didn't feel right.

Breaking from her thoughts, Paige grimaced at the back of Hex. She couldn't understand what the big woman's problem was, and the adhiel didn't care. It was obvious she had some personal issues to work out. With a friendly gaze back to Langredoc, Paige smiled and removed her cloak, thus showing off her body in its tight fitting attire. This man was indeed very interesting to the young woman, and she couldn't help but wonder if she could convince him to accompany her to the pier.

"You strike me as a man who knows how to protect a woman, such as myself," Paige said, with a playful wink to Langredoc, "Would it be too much of me to ask you to accompany me to this pier, sir? I can assure you some form of payment....whatever your desire may be."

Turning her blue-eyes to Antoine, Paige smiled at the man and stood up to leave, "For your information, I am very grateful.....Thank you, Mr. Ciccone and you, Yelena, I hope we may meet again soon."
Last edited by Paige on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc was already preparing to leave when the man told Paige about her sister.. he could not help but feel bad for her, and the fact that she had a great smile, well she just looked great did not harm her also. Still he would prefer staying out of trouble.... and trouble he would get in if he accompanied her. His gut feeling was clear about that.

Still he watched her eyes and well something was very... very attractive in them, maybe Hex was right.. maybe he had "needs", but not those she thought... maybe he was just lonely.. Well Hex would call him soft he guessed, and she would be right.

"You strike me as a man who knows how to protect a woman, such as myself," Paige said, with a playful wink to Langredoc, "Would it be too much of me to ask you to accompany me to this pier, sir? I can assure you some form of payment....whatever your desire may be."

Langredoc laughed happylee.. it was the best offer he had had in ages.. He bowed and responded with "I only accept offers like that in friendship, never as a payment from someone in need. As for me it lessens the value if one puts a monetary value on it." he said it with a smile. The lady had her ways... and he had surrendered to it. "I would love to accompany you.. shall we talk on outside the inn ? I bet that you also have other things to do, and so do I probably. " He looked at Hex and sighed, he really wanted to leave the inn.

Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

His answer succeeded in putting her at ease, her expression relaxed and her whole body swayed towards him a few inches. Of course he would overlook her silly comment; a gentleman always phrased his words so a lady wouldn’t look foolish. Therefore, he must be a gentleman. This was, in fact, unassailable logic.

“Oh, did she now?” Valya’s eyes lit mischievously, warming to the familiar coquettish games. And yet, a something like a shadow crossed her face, as if her thoughts were plainly written there. I bet she warned you. Bastards, born out of lust and deceit can’t help but be thus inclined. But that’s neither here nor there since I’ll never tell and he’ll never know. She swept her lashes to veil her eyes and deepened her smile. “My mama warned me too. About smooth talking gentlemen who tease poor country girls.”

Val looked a little shocked at what he said about ‘sneaking women’. “La, is your Professor particularly sharp eyed because you’re so thoroughly disreputable?” She fluttered her hands in mock anxiety. “And to think Yosie left me here all alone with you! What would mother say?” She was enjoying teasing him and his attention acted on her like a tonic. Her eyes sparked and snapped like embers in a fire. "But I suppose you may call on me here. If you're on your best behavior, that is." She smiled modestly, as though she was granting him some great favor.

“An idea of what…I’d like to study?” She blinked at him. “You mean there are different types of magic? I thought it was all, you know,” she waved her hands around and wiggled her fingers, “Ta-daa!”
Last edited by Valya Nix on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"Not entirely like that." Corbin chuckled, as Valya indicated a less than extensive knowledge of magic, but then why should she know anything? Corbin only had a vague understanding of it before he began his learning, though that of course had developed over the time he had been at the University.

"As for being disreputable, I assure you I am the paragon of virtue." He said with a grin, then a thoughtful look came over his face. "But I think that to maintain that image it would be best if I retreated to he safe confines of the University for now." He said with a wink as he finished his drink. "I shall see you tomorrow to take you to the University." He said with a smile, unaware that he would be completely incapable of doing that very thing.

With a smile, and a wink, he stood up and made his way to the door.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Antoine nodded and rose politely as Paige and Langredoc departed, turning his attention to Yelena once they were left all alone at the table. "Signorina, I do hope you do not mind my company, nor you mind my boldness, but perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me what brings you to this fine, if a bit dark city. From your accent I would not from here." He paused and tapped his chin, glancing towards the ceiling. "Somewhere west I would think. Border Reaches of the Western Kingdom? Am I right?"

OOC: Once you are ready to either engage someone else in conversation or wrap this up, poke me either here or in a PM.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”