The Sky and a Fire (Ch. 26th, Late MT)

Moderator: Mods

Yelena Kintessia
Civus

The Sky and a Fire (Ch. 26th, Late MT)

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena was finally pass the harbour gates, ready to explore the city. It was vastly different than Taloh, but that would be obvious because Taloh had more trees. She gave a smile as she slowly walked deeper into the city. The lady guard that admitted Yelena was truly a shady person. Even so, she had gave Yelena information about the Red Rose Guild and... maybe even a lesson. Lessons, she let out a sigh, I don't even have the slightest clue what constitutes companion training. Well it wasn't that she didn't have a hint, she didn't know how it would be. Literally she was throwing herself into becoming a companion. I'll just find out tomorrow. She peered up into the sky before continuing forward again.

The explosion in the sky. It was like a firebird, the way her mother described them in one of her poems. Flowing in the sky like a rolling flame, striking awe in the onlookers. The only problem was that Yelena didn't think they whistled or exploded in midair. Something was going on in this city, it seemed exciting and even stressful. Buildings catching on fire, the Caesar's coronation (She heard a few people going on about it while she was walking), the Citadel didn't seem like a calm and boring place at all. Not that Yelena did not enjoy settings similar to that. Looking up again, her thoughts wandered back to the exploding object and the dark cloud that appeared. She really wanted to know what happened. It was a way to pass some time and see some of the city. She wanted to find the remnants of the Red Rose Guild, but she didn't have a map. Would they really put a companion's guild on a map? Yelena clutched her backpack and followed the dark cloud like a woodsman or a hunter would follow the north star. Would it be too late to see what caused that?
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The explosion drew attention, though not many people did as Yelena, most staring up at the sky for a while before continuing on with their business. It was a bit hard to fight the flow of people, most of the passers by going towards the walls and harbor, forcing Yelena to the side, near the houses where the press of people was less severe. It was her closeness to the wall that made it possible for the door to strike her shoulder as it flew open, even the glancing blow she received sending a flash of pain through he frame.

To add insult to injury, a tall, muscular man, wearing little but a pair of breeches shouldered his way past her, a half-chewed chicken leg in his hand, the meat spreading a faint garlic scent around him, his eyes going to the sky and remaining fixed upon the cloud for a flicker. "Holy fuck." He dropped the half-eaten leg and shouldered his way past Yelena once more, leaving the door wide open as he burst through another door into a back room. A plate with the rest of his chicken laid on the table in the front room, discarded pieces of clothing scattered about, as fire crackled in a small fireplace to the left. An opened book sat in the comfortable chair before the fire, a low foot-stool holding a pair of slippers upon it.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Whack. As she was walking closer and closer toward ground zero a stray door swung open and struck Yelena's shoulder. The door gave her a nice jolt that echoed in her fragile bones and she responded with a sharp yelp of pain. She clutched her shoulder trying to erase the pain by massaging it away. With a tear in her eye she looked up at her assailant. He shoved by her to get into the street. The aromatics of the garlic invaded her senses and when Yelena noticed his lack of outerwear she turned away for a moment. He looked up at the sky and spoke a vulgar word before nudging past her again, back into his home.

Yelena peered into the room and noticed how extremely littered it was. Unkempt and uncouth. Hmph. It was that and the fact that he had hit her with a door without apologizing to her that made her quite bitter toward this man. Her anger formed on the inside, however. She massaged her shoulder for a few more flickers and stepped just inside the doorway.

“Would it not be polite to apologize after knocking a person down?” Yelena said with a clear tone.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Sounds of hasty fumbling came from the other room, followed by another curse from the uncouth man, something rattling heavily before his voice filtered back. "Okay, Jordan. Calm down. Twice left, thrice right and then pull up." A few more flickers passed and he emerged from the room, donning a soft padded armor vest, latching a strap onto his shoulder. From a wide strip of leather he began pulling various knives and daggers, slipping them into convenient straps and sheaths upon his body. Only then did he notice her, lowering the hand that kept a the leather knife rack, his right hand closed around the handle of a dagger that was only half-sheathed just over his heart. "Would it not be nice if you asked for permission before entering a private home? I advise you to get out of here, before things turn ugly. And forget you saw anything or ugly might still come to bite you in the ass."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

"Would it not be nice if you asked for permission before entering a private home? I advise you to get out of here, before things turn ugly. And forget you saw anything or ugly might still come to bite you in the ass."

Yelena did not know what he truly meant, but it was certainly a threat. She backed up very quickly when he had clutched the dagger on his chest. She didn't know who he was apart from when he had said his own name while tinkering in the other room. He didn't seem real nice either. Yelena wasn't one to take a threat lightly, but a few questions started to manifest in her mind again. Armor? Weapons? Who is he? Is he a guard? He did look up, maybe he'll know something about the cloud...

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't mean to intrude," She said peeking from the edge of the doorway, "but why have you grabbed your gear? Does it have something to do with that dust cloud in the air?" Yelena clutched the straps her backpack, ready to run if he was truly willing to backup his words. She just wanted to know more about the situation, not to tempt a man into hurting her.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Black and dark green were the man's choice in clothing that day, even his armor painted that way, making him very likely to be quite discrete and unnoticeable during the night. Even in the dimly lit room, Yelena had some trouble tracking his movements, especially when she stepped back and blocked the door with her body. "Just get out. Can't you see I am busy." He stepped closer and slowly released the handle of the dagger, coming within a few feet of the girl he had struck. "Look. I am sorry about hitting you, but you should go now. Find someplace safe and lock yourself in. Things are about to go to Nether around here. Trouble is brewing and someone is going to pay for it. Now go, and forget you ever saw me. For your own good." He paused, waiting for the girl to step away so he could close the door and lock it from within.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

“Ah yeah, okay, I'll... just leave.” The adhiel stepped away from the doorway, her palms raised up just to chest level. At least he apologized. Yelena turned up the street and started to walk toward the scene again, this time taking extra caution for any flying doors. Her shoulder still ached every few burns but it was nothing to be alarmed about. As she continued the thought of the man lingered in her mind. Jordan, Jordan... If he is reacting to the cloud then I may see him again... but what good would that do? In a short time as the prolonged pondering continued, a slight fear started up in her. What if something around the area was bad? Nono... She shook her head.

After her exploration of the situation, the next step would be to find the owner of the Red Rose Guild. With it being burned down however, it was not shaping to be an easy task at all. She did not know the owner's name, coupled with the fact that their building was no more. There was also the deal she made with the guard at the harbor gates. There were a lot of interesting people in this city. With a sigh she continued, hoping for minimal to no interruptions.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Yelena never saw Jordan emerge from his home, the man obviously having another exit somewhere in the house, and as she moved towards the disturbance, panic started reaching outward. People were moving rapidly away from the point above which the black cloud loomed, looking back over their shoulders, concerned looks on their faces. Someone was shouting up ahead, and soon a sharp whistle rang in the air, repeating its shrill call every couple of flickers. Had she been a native of Citadel, Yelena would have known that to be a signal for the City Guard to converge to that spot, a sign that a crime had just took place there and that there was still a chance that the criminal could be caught quickly.

OOC: Please proceed here
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Lovely thread, but without skills!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”