A Girl and a Dog Walk Into a Bar (Chyril 26th late TT)

Moderator: Mods

Rum Ginny
Civus

A Girl and a Dog Walk Into a Bar (Chyril 26th late TT)

Post by Rum Ginny »

The sign above the doorway read, in a less than skilled hand, "The Ha'penny Mermaid," and the mermaid was evocatively if crudely carved with a rather lewd smile, both hands cupping her not inconsiderable bosom. It was not an unusual sight near the harbor, and it seemed to fit well among the more rowdy and boisterous establishments that lined the Bower Market, only a few doors down from Hadvin's Oddities.

Ginny looked up at the sign with distaste written all over her features, and pointed with a dirty fingernail.

"See that, little monster?" she said, looking over her shoulder at a small puppy, who was poking his head out from her leather knapsack and panting as though nothing in the world could possibly be as exciting. "That's resortin' to crudeness and lewdness to sell a product, that is. That's what tells me their beer'll be worthless. Places what don't need sex as to sell a pint, that's what I'd like to see."

The puppy whined in her ear. She eyed the establishment critically, tilting her head to one side. "Looks to me this is the sort of place we'd be wise as to avoid, little monster. All sorts o' rough types might be in there. Brawlin'...carryin' on with women...gettin' sloshed..."

A wave of nostalgia swept over her, perhaps the first signs of an unexpected homesickness. She knew the whole of the Ha'Penny Mermaid without stepping foot inside, for she was sure it would be just like her father's bar - something only halfway solid for flooring, tables scarred and holed from countless injuries as innocent bystanders, the lone drunk at the bar signing a sea chanty in an inebriated falsetto, the familiar, inviting smell of vomit and brine, the improvised seating...

"But...I am...awful hungry," she admitted slowly, rubbing her complaining stomach. "Ain't had nothin' but sea biscuits for a fortnight now...and you look as though you could use some fattenin' up, little monster. You're skinny as a witch eel. But we'll only go in for a flicker."

Feeling justified, she stepped confidently through the rough wooden door.
Last edited by Rum Ginny on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Please continue here here
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”