Facing darkness - Pier 17 - Chyril 27th Early ET

Moderator: Mods

Langredoc
Civus

Facing darkness - Pier 17 - Chyril 27th Early ET

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc's grin turned wolfish in front of the man called Michael Cain. He shrugged of the remark about being able to to pay for his own food. His life had been filled with remarks like that, always said by men who proved to be the lesser of him.

“There always will be fools or smart men to offer me their money when I should have need for it..” he dryly responded. “Now my needs are from a different matter... more entertaining in some ways.. I search for a special female... and word goes that you know most of the things that happen in this place.” The warrior hated the way the words left his lips. It felt like a betrayal to Paige or her sister Paiyne, women reduced to simple toys for pleasure.

From the corner of his eye he watched the little wolf enjoying some food, then turned his attention back to Cain and his thugs.

Automaticly he counted the number of cronies and figured a way out of the restaurant if all would go wrong, forgotten were both talking woman. If he judged this man right he would be very dangerous, and if he was wrong he preferred to judge him as dangerous anyway. It would make him live longer something he owed to himself.. and a woman who made it clear that she wanted to see him again.
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Michael frowned at the suave comment from Langredoc regarding the offer of money, though the second comment had him raising an eyebrow and pulling a chair out, offering it to the mercenary. Every wall held at least one escape route and other than Michael and his two companions the rest of the visitors looked quite harmless. “A special female? Now, a man would have to wonder how such a rumor about him came to be circulated around this fine city, but let us not speak of that. Why don’t you tell me of this woman you seek and I can see if I have heard of her and maybe even help you find her.” He paused and sipped a bit of wine from his glass, pouring another and pushing it towards the warrior. “For a price of course. Nothing is free in this city.”
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc accepted the chair and sat down. He smiled briefly at the remark of the man, to Langredoc everything had a price nothing was for free, even love. It was just a matter if you were willing to pay the price, that was all.

So after a flicker he said "I am searching for a adhiel woman, 19 years old, her name is Paiyne. Sky blue eyes and hair as dark as the night. About a head shorter then me. Sold into slavery when she was 13, and rumor has it that she is in Citadel or that you know her whereabouts. Still rumors are rumors, so I am here."

Langredoc felt strange while describing the woman, his eyes saw Paige in front of him while he told Michael how the woman looked like. He hoped that he could bring her some good news when he returned to her.

Still that was in the hands of the Red Warrior, for now. So he tried reading the mind behind the eyes of Michael Cain and hoped for the best.
Last edited by Langredoc on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

A single glance from Michael was enough to send his cronies away, the boy taking up places at the two nearest tables, and pretending they had been sitting there since the moment they walked in. Michael took another sip of wine and with a sigh leaned against his elbow. “Paiyne? That a rather unusual name. I might have heard of her, though I am not really sure.” Another sip of wine, another pause. “What interest do you have in her? I’m not saying I know of her, but given a proper incentive I could look into it. If she is still a slave, it might cost pretty banner to set her free. Especially if she is pretty. So, tell me why you are looking for her, and how important she is to you?”
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc was a tat surprised when Cain send-off his cronies, the meeting had reached a different level. The young warrior evaluated the questions think what to do now. He could be honest and just tell the guy why, and keep it to himself. If the guy was half as dangerous as for now Langredoc assumed him to be he would know where he stayed and with who spend his nights with before he left this place. So a smile curled his lips when he answered.

"She is pretty, even more then that I guess. And for now I only need to know if she is alive and where she is. Getting her free is a different matter... About my relation and reasons to do so.. tell me why I would trust you enough to tell you ?"

Langredoc felt a bit tense while the words left his mouth.. maybe he had been too daring.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Mike refilled his wine glass, tilting his head to observe Langredoc with apparent interest, saying nothing as flickers passed by. "Why should you trust me? Well, it is fairly simple. If you don't tell me, then you'll get nothing out of me. If you do, and if I think you are not lying then I might help you find this Pa.... whatever her name is." He took a long pull of the wine and looked straight in the warrior's eyes. "Let us talk of the price. Say I have someone find this slip of a girl for you. That won't come cheap. The guy has to eat, he's got to bribe a few people, heck he may even row bored and need a good lay. So, here is the deal. You pay his expenses.... Whatever they are, and garnish me with a little bit extra... Since I am going to put him to work and you have a deal." He paused and arched a brow. "What was this girl doing in Citadel anyhow? I mean who owned her?"
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc watched Michael Craine's eyes in the hope that something would tell him what happened inside that head. There was something about the man, and beyond the suggestion that the man was dangerous that made the young warrior very suspicious about the man's motives. Maybe it was the way he talked about the woman.. "this slip" not remembering her name. The way he asked for a large sum of money to cover the costs...

He would really prefer to kick this guys ass.. but he needed him so her forced a smile on his face and responded "Lets say that I have a deep personal interest in her... " the words tasted sour on his tong but he would keep Paige as long as possible out of this. "Deep as she has something that I want from her, mostly her body. But she also maybe knows something about me. And I want to know what she knows, its rather important to me. Money... well I don't have money. I have weapons that make money for me. And I can track the bitch down on my own, so maybe we could work something out to our mutual benefit ?"

It was the last thing Langredoc wanted, to work for a snake with the same mentality as his former lord, or worse...

"I bet you can make sure that I don't go bored here... just make sure that I get the information.... I probably still need a job when I get her.." he added drylee.

He waited for the lightning to strike.. This was nothing like the weaponmaster had told him to be honorful. Still it was the same man who told him about goals and means. If he was able to get Paiyne back for Paige it would have been worth it.
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Even as he spoke of Paiyne, Michael showed little care for the fate of the girl, relaxed and calm, as if she concerned him naught. It was not hard to read in the man's posture and in his eyes that Michael Crane cared about one thing in the whole world and that was Michael Crane. Everyone else was just a tool, to be used and discarded when he or she were no longer useful. The crime-lord was engrossed in his own thoughts when Langredoc spoke, and something in the warrior's words caught his attention, causing him to look up and into the other man's eyes. "There are plenty of women for you to track this one down, no matter how pretty she is, but perhaps we can make a deal anyhow. Still...... I could give you a try and see if you are any good. And I am sure you won't mind if I get the first taste of the little bitch when we find her." He grinned evilly. "I promise she won't be marred in any way, and after I have had my fun you can extract your information and do as you wish. But, I get her first." He almost offered Langredoc his hand before adding. "Oh, and you work for me until she is found and for a yahren more. Whatever I need. And just to show you what a nice man I am, you'll get paid for doing it. Deal?" Now the hand was offered, the broad-shouldered man smiling suavely.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

To force a lustful grin on his face was the hardest fight Langredoc ever fought. Now was not the moment to back down, even though the picture of this man forcing himself on Paige who looked so much like her sister was courting his rage and loathing so he grinned and accepted the hand.

"I knew you are a smart man, Caine, we have a deal. You play with the bitch and I kick some people, and get paid. Sounds like good deal to me, and I will not be bored this yahren I guess. So I am going search for a place to stay, ill be longer in this town then I expected."

The man released the hand of Craine and suppressed the urge to wipe his own one clean.

He would serve this man as dutifully as always, until he had his information. Keeping Paige away from him would also be important, no more meetings in the open. This would not be a simple time...

"If you don't mind I will go now sir..." he ended
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The man's grip was strong though he lacked the calluses of a warrior, his palms soft and well cared for. He kept Langredoc's hand in his for a flicker longer, increasing the grip a fraction. "Crane. My name is Micheal Crane. Not Caine. And you can call me boss or Master Crane from now on. Mike when you prove yourself enough. Is that understood?" He held Langredoc's gaze and then let go, before nodding. "Get yourself a room at the Burpin's Dragon. Come here every day and if I have work for you I'll leave a message. And let me add one more thing. I hope it will be a pleasure doing business with you." With another nod he dismissed Langredoc and turned back to his wine. "I'll be seeing you around then." His thugs waited for Langredoc to leave before taking their places at Michael's table, the conversation becoming light and teasing once more.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Langredoc - * to conversation
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”