Getting Started and Playing in the Citadel: FAQ

Moderator: Mods

Guenhwyfar
Retired staff

Getting Started and Playing in the Citadel: FAQ

Post by Guenhwyfar »

This list will be updated as more questions and more answers arise.

Q: I'm new to Tazlure. How do I get started?

A: If your character is new to the Citadel, post in the "Oaken Gates" thread. If your character already resides in the Citadel, post in the "Herald Square" thread. The gatekeepers and heralds will want to know who you are and what you want to do. This is our way of getting a sense for the way you write, trying to think up exciting plots and adventures for you, and answering any questions you may have about where to start. It's an important step in making sure you get the kind of thread you're looking for. If you don't know what it is you want to do, browse around the current threads in the various forums to see what's possible and what other players are doing; if you have any more questions, feel free to ask them in character, or, if they're questions you can't very well ask IC ("I'd like to be an assassin!") you can put a post in one of the OOC threads.

Q: So what's up with this new forum?

A: This is the entrance for all players entering the Citadel. Regardless of whether your PC is a Citadel native or has only just arrived, you must begin here. You can also find news and annoucements concerning the entire city here.

Q: But my PC grew up in the Citadel. He's got roots here. Can't he just start in the city somewhere?

A: No. Having all new players start in one place lets the mods see who's entering, and makes sure that no one falls through the cracks. It's a big forum, and we want to make sure that every player gets the mod attention he or she needs. Your mods will take into account the fact that your character is a native in your threads, of course, but you still must start in this forum. This helps us help you.

Q: I've been playing in the Citadel since the age of the dinosaurs. Do I still need to look at this forum?

A: Yes. Rather than post announcements in each one of the subforums, mods will use this forum as a central location to let players know about goings-on in the Citadel that may affect their characters. If you want to keep abreast of the latest Citadel news, both IC and OOC, you should check this forum.

Q: I'd like to be a Rose/ Purple Guard/ Battlemage. Do I still have to come through here?

A: Yes. Tell the guard that's where you're headed and they'll send you on your way. The mods in charge of those organizations will take care of you from there -- but you have to start here. NOTE: The Red Rose Guild is currently NOT ACCEPTING new applicants.

Q: I think my mod forgot about me. What do I do?

A: If it's been more than about a week and you haven't heard from your mod, and there's been no posting in Banter saying that he or she is going to be away for a time, please leave a post in the OOC Q&A thread here, and we'll check on the situation for you.
Last edited by Guenhwyfar on Sat May 22, 2004 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<i><small>She's not quite as nice as She looks, nor you quite as tough as you think.
--W.H. Auden, "Circe"</small></i>

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”