Uncle Erwin wants YOU (Samheen 29th TT) - War of the One

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

OOC:Sorry for the delay in posting, but I was unsure if I was supposed to wait for a reply to my PM or not. ;) In any case, I'm here.
BIC:
Percivat sighed quietly, impatient and somewhat nervous as he stood waiting his turn. Used to acting when need be, albeit, at times impulsively, the drudgery of the wait was torture to him.

To pass the time he mentally practiced his introduction, trying to decide how he'd make the best impression. "Well met. I am Percivat, heir to the house of Greymantle, grandson of former Guardsman Parcivel..." hmmm. No. Sounded too pompous and presumptuous. "Good day, my lord. I am Percivat Greymantle. Apprentice to my grandfather, Parsivel, formerly of the Purple Guard." Hmm. Closer. Perhaps...

His reverie was interrupted by the coarse conversation nearby between the adhiel and the dwarf. For a moment, their words confused him, especially when he heard that they had been Purple Guards. A long moment passed as the young swordsman contemplated it, then, rejected the idea. Not only was the idea improbable, it was almost laughable.

Yet, they scheme to use Captain Urdal's good name. Surely the Duke will see through such a flimsy lie. Yet, the more Percivat thought about it, the more the idea concerned him. The Duke and his men were seeing a huge number of applicants. A mindnumbingly huge number. Perhaps their ploy would work. What then? These two would be acting in the name of the Purple Guard, and less than likely to uphold the honor of that name.

Percivat scowled for a moment, then readied himself with a quick exhale. He had to act. But what to do? Call them out? Decry their plan and expose them? But surely they'd only deny it, and perhaps find a way to get Percivat removed from the line, eh?

The simple thought of it all, and the dishonorable intentions of the two mercenaries angered the dark-haired swordsman, but he did his best to suppress his frustration.

After another moment to compose himself, he leaned slightly towards the duo and said, in a quiet, conspiritory voice, "Planning to use that Captain's name to get in too, eh? Fine idea, that. Thought of it myself. Not our fault if we never had a chance to be in the Guard. Great minds think alike, eh?"
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The pair before Percivat fell silent after their brief exchange flickers ago, but their heads snapped back sharply at the sound of young man's voice, the adhiel simply glaring at him, while the dwarf looked lost, or perhaps confused would be a better way to describe hers, for it indeed was a lady dwarf even though it was not so easy to tell. Her brows were furrowed as if in deep concentration, lips pursing and silently mouthing letters. "Too? HEY! We thought of that first? You can't go around and l-mumph-mumph-mumph" Adhiel's hand clamped around her mouth and for a flicker or two more she tried to mumble, before angrily looking at the adhiel.

"Shut up, gerd." He waited a flicker before removing his hand from her mouth and then turned to face Percivat. "I have no idea, what you are talkin' 'bout, bub. And who'se are you to be listenin' to our conversation? You don't see me listenin' on yours? Ooooooh, that's right...... You don't got no friends. Pathetic." The dwarf nodded at adhiel's words, and added a single "Yeah!" at the end. The adhiel simply turned and snorted derisively.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

"Alllright. If that's how you want it, fine." Percivat spoke just loudly enough for the two to hear him in his best patronizing tone, one he'd heard his father use on HIM time and time again, "..and I won't offer to let you in on the family information I know about the Captain. You know, the stuff that would make your stories more credible..."

The dark-haired swordsman crossed his arms and hmph'd in a slightly over-dramatic manner.

Heh. There's no way they can resist THAT leading comment..., he hoped.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The pair ignored Percivat at first, but it was the adhiel that grew irritated by the youth's attempts to strike the conversation. The dwarf was easily ignoring him, her attention easily wondering this way and that, the lass not being the brightest star in the sky. "Give it to him, Gerd." It was the adhiel that nudged the dwarf and after an initial "Huh" she turned towards Percivat, looking up and smiling. Then she savagely kicked him in the shin, the impact shooting sharp pain up his leg, making him almost crumble down under the impact. With a grin, she made a rude gesture at the boy and turned humming happily. The line moved a bit more and the pair was next in line, with Percivat behind them.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled and archived. :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”