Imperial Guard Headquarters - Jygust 30th MT- OPEN

Moderator: Mods

Zenith Persimus
Civus

Imperial Guard Headquarters - Jygust 30th MT- OPEN

Post by Zenith Persimus »

Just near the grand entry hall of the Citadel fortress itself, this series of narrow hallways and square, severe, windowless rooms, where once the Purple Guard roamed, now houses the Imperial Guard. Flanking the entrance to the fortress, they're positioned such that the defenders might quickly reach vital areas of the building quickly, including the entry hall, the Council Rooms, and the chambers of the Caesar himself.

One of the larger cells to the left of the entrance houses the Offices themselves, a series of low, spartan, windowless chambers decorated with simple, sturdy furniture and thick, tough rugs. Very few decorations marked the walls of these almost severe chambers, though numerous weapons were displayed alongside banners, pieces of archaic armour, and tapestries of some obscure historical event or another. It was from these offices that the Citadel's fighting force was organized, coordinated, and sortied on various tasks within and beyond the fortress itself.

Within the chambers, the sounds of activity could be heard at all marks of the day as guardsmen either returned from, prepared for, or went about their duties, the sounds of clashing armour and the smells of resin, oil, and sweat thick in the air.

Zenith walked along the cobblestoned streets, watching the edges of the fortress. Large cobblestoned walls, and cobblestoned streets with sporatic patches of greenery seemed to be the call of the day. People of every race and creed (although, they appeared predominantly human) swarmed the streets. Voices filling her ears, and excitement budding in her chest. Shouts filled her ears and a small smirk crossed her hawklike features, as she walked in front of an exercise yard. Surveying the targets and buildings that she hoped would house her for the next few years of her life.

She reached behind her to shift her quiver of arrows, touching her raven hair as she did so. She looked like she usually did, her waist length hair plaited down her back and tied simply at the bottom with a thong of worn black leather. A few wisps of black hair that had broken off framed her high cheekbones, and her bright eyes suddenly appeared a few shades paler in her excitement. Her excessively thin waist was hidden by a plain but crisp white cotton shirt, it was loose and every breath of wind made it flutter suggestively against the hint of her breasts and the curve of her waist. Her black leather pants hugged tightly against her athletic legs and making soft noises of friction with her every pace. And as she brushed away a loose piece of hair from her porcelain skin, the bracer on her wrist moved to reveal a small silver thread and the hint of a daggers hilt. Her thick lashes - the only beautiful thing she found in her features - brushed against her cheeks as she swept her eyes from one end to the other.... Preparing for the interaction she was certain would ensue, the biggest question to her; would it be in her favor?

She had gotten an early start on the day, because a part of her anticipated spending hours waiting for someone to pay attention to her. She was nervous, she felt somewhat threatened by the overwhelming percentages of men but she wouldnt let it get her down. Shifting the wolven, her solid wood long bow interlaced with silver threads that had been created for her by her father she prepared to move forward towards the main stand. She didnt know what to expect, and she certainly had no idea if they would be inspecting her equipment or not.

Turning a sharp right into the practice grounds she looked around for an authority figure, her eyes darting around and taking in the surroundings. She nibbled slightly on her lower lip before pulling her shoulders back and walking a few more paces deeper, her light blue eyes taking in every person she could - waiting for someone to make eye contact with her.
Last edited by Zenith Persimus on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over and through me.
When it has gone I will turn to see its path.
Where fear has gone there is nothing.
Only I remain
[i]Avatar by Drakonis[/i]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Even though all the men who were training were quite focussed, there were some eyes that noticed the woman entering the training grounds. She was quickly noticed by one of the men standing at the entrance. They were dressed in pristine white tabbards and black cloaks. As most of the other men there were working out, the white tabbards stood out from the men in training gear.

As a contingent of the Imperial Guard had been sent out to aid with the troubles in Trothgard, the traininggrounds didn't seem as full as they usually were. One of the guards walked up to Zenith, immediately checking out what she was carrying and taking in her posture. The bow certainly didn't go unnoticed. He gave her a slight nod and kept a natural look on his face, not being too stern, but certainly not overly friendly as well. "Good day, Miss. Welcome to the Imperial Guards. Is there something I can help you with?"
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Zenith Persimus
Civus

Post by Zenith Persimus »

Zenith raised her eyes as someone approached her, raising one black eyebrow before pulling back her shoulders and shifting the bow slightly with one hand. Her violet eyes taking in the appearance of the man before her before she nodded a greeting to him. These men looked much more decent then the men of the city guard had, in their tattered and dirty purple cloaks. The thought of that disgusting pig faced man at the front gates made Zenith want to hurl.

Indeed you can sir, I was looking into possible employment with the Imperial Guard. She said, feeling somewhat uncertain in the face of a man who was easily a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier then her. She was not an exceptionally strong sort, but she had enough agility and speed to outrun almost everyone in that training arena if she had to. Such things could be just as valuable as brute strength in some occasions. I didnt know if you would be wanting to see my equipment or not so I brought it anyways.... She said, her soft and melodic voice softening the appearance of a woman whose soul was as hard as crystal.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over and through me.
When it has gone I will turn to see its path.
Where fear has gone there is nothing.
Only I remain
[i]Avatar by Drakonis[/i]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

The man kept a neutral face as he listened to Zenith's question. If it was possible he straightened himself even more and then looked around the training court where all the men were still training. Captain Summers didn't seem to be in sight. Good,he thought, this will be fun.

"So..what kind of employment are you looking for, lady? We don't really have any administration positions open...although between you and me, the changing rooms and bathrooms could definitely use a good cleaning. Perhaps that is something you might be interested in?" He chuckled and now the two, three men who were standing closest to them stopped with what they were doing and were now listening in on the conversation with a grin on their faces.

He grabbed an apple from a small table next to him and polished it with his sleeve before continuing. "Aside from that, I'm sure I speak for all of us if I say that we're always interested in seeing your equipment." He looked at Zenith from top to toe and back again, a wide grin on his face as he took a bite from the apple. Chewing it with arrogance he snorted. "So. If you're interested in the cleaning job, we can go inside for an interview and you can show me what you've got."
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”