Light and Dark (Illuminatus Temple) -Chyril 23rd NT

Moderator: Mods

Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Light and Dark (Illuminatus Temple) -Chyril 23rd NT

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((After shopping run))

Temple of Illuminatus

The great stone Temple of Illuminatus stands proudly; strong, stable, ageless. Its broad steps beaconing worshipers to enter and find knowledge within its pristine, white marble walls. Towering stone pillars flank the vast wooden double doors, which lead into the sanctuary of the god.

Within is a hive of activity, yet often only the scratching of many quills upon parchment and quiet conversations can be heard. The chamber’s soaring ceiling is supported by pairs of sculpted pillars, and wooden tables are set about the space, with an altar at its centre, creating perfect symmetry throughout. At the tables, priests and priestesses sit, lovingly and painstakingly coping texts from all over Tazlure, creating beautifully illuminated works of both literature and art.

The large polished-stone altar itself stands upon a circular raised dais. At the centre of the stone surface, a sculpture of gemstone gleams. Intricately formed from deep green jade stone, it depicts a pair of jade trees; their trunks and branches intertwined. Dozens of pillar candles surround the united trees, and, lit by the hopeful and the gratified, the light of Illuminatus glints from the many leaves of the sculpture.

From the main sanctuary, a central hallway leads to several much smaller chambers. These are reserved for teaching and studying the wisdom of the Light One. The personal quest for knowledge is esteemed above all here.

~~~~~

Bright... bright! S'sinith adjusted his glasses and was immediately uncomfortable. The only soothing sound was the etching of the scribes, as it reminded him of home. He had a feeling that even setting foot in here was going to raise Nether, but he had to get more information about the surface theology and philosophy.
“Welcome into the light,” an older Human woman smiles as she offers the formal greeting. She wore a simple robe of spotless white, despite her ink-stained fingers. She had intelligent hazel eyes and her long grey hair ran down her back in a single plait. “How may we of Illuminatus aid you this day?”

S'sinith chuckled to himself and shook his head.

<Human>

"In Gulanadur, that greeting is an insult... but I understand you have other views. I am S'sinith D'Illil-Devir, Lord Ambassador of Gulanadur. Illuminatus has much to do with my country's history and I wish a better understanding of the theology. I am also here to check on a Paladin I had met during the fire last night."
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The greeter stepped back a few paces in shock when she realizes what Ssinith was. "You will find nothing here but pain, dark one!" The priestess proclaimed. Her hands moved almost automatically in a gesture surely meant to ward off evil. All the sounds of scribbling quills died away as the whole room turned to look at the doorway.

Into this moment of silence, a male voice called out. "I think he might sister." The speaker was a man of about thirty yarhen sat dressed in robes of a very pale yellow. His blond hair was about the same shade worn slicked back over his head. "You are the one that came to the aid of Aspirant Talanwei." He stated. "For that you have my thanks and a foot in the door. I am Brother Quillan, instructor and scrivener for Illuminatus." Ssinith noticed the ink stained fingers and quill callouses that marked a fellow scholar.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith wasn't going to budge, he was expecting something along these lines. He wasn't the purest creature, yet he was not an evil scoundrel. At least not in his own sight. His face was patient with both of them and bowed slightly in respect to Quillian. His face was grim as his ears slowly lowered.

<Human>

"Tell me... are they both well? My magics are not that of a master and I passed out before knowing... did the sailor live? I know the paladin passed out from exhaustion shortly before I did... and he was burned and wounded from before that time... and there was a woman there as well."

It was hard to tell ink on his skin, but the callouses of his fingers also betrayed his thirst for knowledge. His scars across his cheek as well as his splintered ear revealed his time in war. He wasn't expecting a pleasant answer, as S'sinith knew nothing about healing when he performed his spell. Still, he recalled the sailor's skin being warm under his touch before he passed out. Perhaps he did make it out alright...
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

In the main chamber of the Temple, Talanwei sat among new Aspirants and established priests alike. He was dressed in a cream colored robe that was smooth and comfortable cotton. The events of the gravetide before were so fresh in his mind and there was not a shortage of those who wanted to hear of them. The young Achadhiel, however, was simply glad to be free of soot, dirt, blood and most of all to be alive.

The soothing nature of transcription had allowed Talanwei a measure of relaxation and his quill was scratching its path along the parchment. Some considered it a menial task but for some odd reason or another, the half Adhiel enjoyed it immensely. With almost all of his concentration focused, the bald young man did not even notice when Ssinith entered as his back was turned to the entrance of the Temple. What he did hear, however, was when Marta exclaimed and immediately Talanwei turned to see what caused the disturbance. His quill was laid down and he saw the figure of Ssinith. Talanwei’s face lit up in a brilliant smile and he nearly upended his chair as he rose. The Achadhiel made a quick pace to where Marta and Ssinith stood. It was across from Ssinith that he stood after bowing to Quillan respectfully.

Talanwei turned a grin to the Dark Adhiel and he was restraining the urge to throw his arms around Ssinith and embrace him as a brother or close friend. To say Talanwei was quick to trust and befriend may have been an understatement but he felt a kinship with his dark skinned cousin after the previous days events. However, this was the Temple of Illuminatus, not the Burpin’ Dragon and he was an Aspirant and Ssinith an ambassador not a pair of brothers or even close friends. So instead, Talanwei veiled this with a thin layer of polite friendliness laid over his excitement.

"I hope this tide finds you well achroiliel DIllil. I never had the chance to sincerely thank you for your aid so I do so now. Without you, surely more would have died and I give thanks that you were there to lend aid when it was needed most," Talanwei took a breath and his features drew in concern as he continued, "As for the sailor, I am afraid I know not his condition. I have been unable to find out information as of yet."
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith's gaze softened slightly as he saw Talanwei safe. There was one worry off his chest now, and he sighed as he heard that the other was still accounted for.

<Human>

"Praise be to our respective gods, Paladin. I am the Firebrand of Molten, but I recognized your will to fight when your god blessed you with the power to escape the blaze. I may speak for another god, but I can not deny that yours played a part in Molten coming to greater power in the underground after the Party of Light quelled the avatar of Asanati."

He knew not everyone in Gulanadur liked that outcome, but the Queen would not have gotten the throne if they hadn't done anything. If not a token from Gulanadur, then at least his own peace was set. Now he only owed Pan for the time his people had saved his hide from the war.

<Human>

"I... learned much from that tragedy... I have only seen humans in wartime, and watched the Dort walk our lands and abuse their allies. There... I saw the heart of action in the surface races. I still do not understand you, nor do you understand me... but I believe we have both recognized a semblance of respect. Knowledge is both power and enlightenment, thus pleasing to both our gods. I believe at least a talk to better understand one another is necessary."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"The sailor lives." Quillan informed them both. "He has yet to wake but our healer seems convinced that if he has lived this long then he will continue to do so. No doubt he will thank you both for your actions."

Quillan listened carefully as Ssinith spoke as much to parse the words as to commit them to memory. "So you have walked from darkness into blinding light out of concern for one that caught your interest and in search of knowledge." Quillan spoke without inflection as though this was a simple matter of fact. "Then join us at my table." Quillan decided. Sister Marta opened her mouth to object but Quillan stilled her with a glance. "Illuminatus has led me down many strange paths. I shall walk this one as well." Quillan gestured for Talanwei to lead Ssinith through the main chamber of the Temple.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith simply nodded in respect to Quillan and followed the two of them to his chambers. He did not even give the woman another glance... he found her rather hypocritical. War was bred from ignorance which would seem to be a grave sin to a faith such as this. He kept his respect up, though was visibly uncomfortable around here.

The only place more uncomfortable would be on a boat in the middle of the ocean. He would almost be... phobic of that scenario. But he also looked at the similarities between Illuminatus and Molten to ease his troubled soul. Both with aspects of the Father, lava had its own source of light, and these people taught things to people instead of giving hand outs. Respectable... but alien in element.

That bright... bright light. No balance in it what so ever. It was almost painful to his psyche. He spoke of strange paths, and this was one of them for Ssinith as well. Still, if he was to know more about surface theology and philosophy, he had no better place to investigate then straight into the maw of the light.

Was this the discomfort the surface felt towards the darkness? It was like something crawling in his soul with these alien elements. None the less, he silently offered up to Molten as a step closer to learning about these... creatures. Why did they bring it upon themselves to destroy the temple of Asanati? Perhaps there were deeper secrets to the hate between their people.

He took a deep breath, trying not to visibly shake.

<Human>

"So... alien. I feel like a flame existing at the bottom of the ocean. Do I do this to your people?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

It was evident that Marta was disquieted by the presence of Ssinith. Perhaps disquieted wasn't the word, outraged was more Talanwei, for a few flickers, was confused but realized all too quickly why. The woman had devoted her life to Illuminatus, god of light and wisdom, and Dark Adhiel had been regarded as being the polar opposite to that which was "good" and "just". Though Talanwei could understand he did not share her mistrust and apparent defensive anger. In the Aspirant's mind, the stigma that colored nearly everyones opinion of the Dark Adhiel did not apply in the slightest to Ssinith. The man was brave, skilled, and selfless in a way not very many were. Quillan, much to Talanwei's delight, was both understanding and willing to speak with Ssinith. With but a glance the scrivener of Illuminatus quieted Marta’s would be objection. Needless to say, Talanwei did not plan to be on the receiving end of such a look in the near future.

Looking at Ssinith, it was evident the Dark Adhiel was as uncomfortable if not moreso than Marta at being in the temple. If the Achadhiel had known how deeply his friend was unsettled, he likely would have commented on it immediately in an attempt to allay any fear Ssinith had. Talanwei led the trio through the Temple’s main chamber to Quillan’s table and pulled out a chair for his dark skinned half cousin. The Aspirant waited for Quillan to be seated and took a seat where was convenient. After a deep breath, Ssinith spoke candidly of his feeling of unease. Talanwei leaned forward with a look of concern.

"It is surely not the intent of the Temple to make you feel so, Ssinith!" started Talanwei, "Those who seek knowledge are welcomed by Illuminatus no matter their race or creed."

"I hope I do not speak only for myself," Talanwei spared a concerned and harmless glance to Marta, "but I am not threatened by you. The differences between our two peoples are what make us and also what inspires us to learn more of one another. Be at ease Ssinith, because in front of you there is an ally and, if it is not too impetuous of me, a friend."

Talanwei spoke warmly and with a kind smile to the Dark Adhiel. One of the last things he wanted was for Ssinith to feel threatened but he understood why the ambassador could feel uncomfortable.
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith's gaze softened, but the surface one did not quite understand. Getting shunned really didn't make him uncomfortable anymore, as he was quite used to that back home. No... this half-cousin was young and had not likely seen much of the world, though he likely was raised with his 'better halves' with his speaking of Adhiel.

He politely awaited the scribe to be seated before he would seat himself on the offered chair.

<Human>

"Rest assured, Talanwei. It is not scorn I speak of. It is... being someplace so foreign to you. Someplace so different from home and what you believe... not only in belief, but in raw energy. Illuminatus is a strange god to me... as I am sure you will find Molten to be to you."

S'sinith paused for a moment before speaking... he knew his position well as the ambassador for an entire country. He was not willing to change his views about his people, and wanted to make sure this paladin knew how potentially grave this meeting could become. This was powerful... powerful knowledge that the both of them were about to share.

<Human>

"You welcome those who seek knowledge... but I represent all of Gulanadur... including those who may still honor the dark lady. I do not worship her, and frankly think she is a wastrel... but not all of the people I represent may like this knowledge I seek here. I am loyal to my nation first and foremost, friend. For whatever you believe to be its better or its worst, it is mine and proudly so. This knowledge is for my nation to better understand the surface. This understanding may potentially bring more hate between us, depending on what people in both of our worlds wish to do with this understanding. Are you willing to face these revelations with such an open heart? Even if we find that we are, truly, bitter enemies in belief?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I am." Quillan answered simply as he takes his seat. "I fear no challenge here at the center of things. It is the nature of light to reveal and the nature of darkness to conceal. So let us see what your time here here reveals, shall we?"

Quillan unrolled a fresh sheet of parchment and sharpened the point of his quill with a small knife. "What would know of us, Ssinith of Gulanadur?" He asked.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith accepted that response but shut his eyes with a relaxed look on his face.

<Human>

"And yet the brightest of light still impairs vision as much as the darkest shadow. So are we truly that different?"

Sighing, S'sinith at last took his offered seat and began his questions, taking out his own paper and quill with notes. Yes... he remembered it this time! His mushroom-based paper was quite durable even in his satchel.

"So... what does the surface consider good and evil? Why are we considered evil in your eyes? For the mere darkness?"
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Well you don't waste time with the small questions do you? Quillan smiled thinly. "Well I shall answer the second question first. It is taught that your people were consigned beneath the earth by the gods in punishment for their betrayal of Charlesmagne and the color of their skin made as black as their hearts. The Moonlady came to you to encourage you to redemption while Pan was set to guard against your ascension until such day as it was safe to release you."

Quillan gestured with his quill at Ssinith. "The gods have not seen fit to remove the blackness of your skin. Many take this as proof that the blackness had not left your hearts. The fact that your people ascended by force during a time of Pan's weakness instead of a miracluous ascention by the gods also concerns some. Too long have we considered your people an enemy to take at face value this more genteel face that you present. Tell me Ambassador. Do you consider yourself a typical member of your race?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith listened profoundly to the surface man's words. They considered black as a curse and a symbol of evil... intriguing. Writing down his own notes in his native tongue, he pondered the scribe's question and answered it accordingly.

<Human>

"As general philosophy, yes. Some are more kind than I, and some are more cruel. In social terms..."

S'sinith had to laugh at himself and shook his head at the stir he caused in both the Mage's Guild and the temple of Molten.

"I am unsure if the rivalry between the arcane and divine magic centers are as fierce as below, but a mage becoming the Firebrand of Molten raised much alarm with my people. It is also not common for a favored servant, let alone a male, to hold an office of power. We are a matriarchal society, but we work side by side in different roles. The women are the leaders of the household as we males are generally protectors. Scholarly positions such as mages and priests seem to be even."

He tapped his quill thoughtfully and furrowed his brow in confusion.

"Our symbolism depends on the faith. As a Moltenite, the ocean is the furthest separation one can get from the volcano. If you hear one of us making derogatory remarks about 'funeral's at sea', that refers to a Moltenite being dishonorable and wasteful... I ... at first, wasn't going to help the sailor. With his twitching, I had thought his state left him beyond the state of reason. When I heard him sobbing, however, I heard a man who still had desire to fight to live. That fight is sacred to a Moltenite. Though I despised his profession, it would a sin if I let his life be wasted... the first time I tried to use my magic for healing was on my dying brother during the War. The will of Molten is to shape oneself to become stronger... to not attempt to save this man now would dishonor what I learned from my brother's death by not using it."

He fell silent for a moment, remembering the incident the night before. Looked back up at the scribe, allowing him to draw conclusions about his actions.

"Tell me... why is black such a symbol of evil to the surface?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Quillan too took his notes in a precise hand though the script he used was unfamiliar. He listened carefully but showed no reaction to Ssinith's story.
Quillan answered his question swiftly.

"Evil beings have made it so." He explained. "Netheric beings that take physical form in the Tether often take on blackened form. The Dark One and the undead dragon Jet for large examples. And when the gods chose to mark a race as betrayers, black was the color they chose for a warning." Qullian reminded him. "On a more social level, black is the color we wear durig periods of mourning and grief so the color is associated with death."

"However, I should point out that the stigma is mostly attributed to creatures or people in black." Qullian added. "Black stones such as jet and obsidian are consider precious. Blackened sticks from the fire are used for writing. Even some formal dress is required to be black. But in creatures, we are on our guard."

Quillan finished a line of writing then looked up. "My turn for a question. How did your people react to the first sight of the sun and sky?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith stopped in a realizing shock when he mentioned Netheric beings take the energy form of black. The black energy which ran away from him from the portal. His deductions were correct about that situation, but he kept writing, putting an underline and a notation on it. He calmed down when the second question was asked.

<Human>

"We have had surface trackers before the Ascent to hunt down those who would illegally try to escape, so we had some interaction with the sun. To actually see the outside and the sun with so many, though..."

He leaned back, remembering the first time he walked across the lush fields collecting data on every plant that he could find.

"At first... annoying. Our eyes do not adjust well. This is why we made a magical shade over Ft. Dusk. Still, even with the eye problem, it is a part of nature which the scholars found an interesting mystery. Once you get past the initial annoyance, however, we found it a powerful tool in the war. The army who keeps the sun to their back has it in the eyes of the opponents facing them. I never truly found it a thing of beauty until I stopped and saw the sunset..."

He paused for a moment, remembering the first sunset he ever saw. He was an elf... he still revered nature, even with things considered oddities. He was a Moltenite... fire was a grand, grand thing.

"The fire from lava has it's own beauty. This fire was so... exotic. I had never seen those shades of orange or purple in my life. It was hard to keep staring long, my eyes even with the spectacles were not used to it. I was... almost pained that I could not fully enjoy it. It may seem ironic that Molten's power is of fire, but that of darkness. The obsidian you speak of if the child of that fire. In the glow of lava is the black melted chunks of rock. This fire as the light of the open sky is alien to us. Our people prefer the moon and stars, as we are less likely to need our eye wear."

His mind went back to his notes as he sighed... his happy memory obviously troubled about what he said about Nether energy.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I have always found it curious that the Goddess that came to your aid took a name based on a celestial body now only a memory at best to your people.' Quillan commented. "No doubt you were meant by her at least to yearn for that which you had lost."

"What did Molten think of this rising to the surface?" Quillan asked. "A being of darkness and lava would find little to enjoy above ground I would think."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith paused, seeing their point of view. They thought that his people had lost something. Had they? Not his generation, it would seem, but perhaps it was a hidden memory of his kind.

"The surface is darker than the underground sometimes. Find a night with thick clouds, and you might as well be walking in a cave if you have no lamp. Lava that surfaces becomes land and volcano. I am sure he is just as comfortable here as he is down there. The billows of smoke can also darken the sky, so I am told. But enough of my opinion... would you like me to ask Molten personally? That is mine to do as the speaker for Molten. I know I am but a guest in this divine house, so I will be polite and ask the host before I do anything."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Talanwei was thinking of Ssinith's words and soon he had no room for extraneous thought once the Dark Adhiel and Quillan began to speak. The achadhiel deferred to his much more learned teacher in these matters of philosophy. He listened with a students ear and an eager expression as each man gave insight onto Illuminatus' teachings and those of Molten.

The aspirant was quite familiar with the teachings of his god but when Ssinith spoke, the point of view of his dark cousin's was amazing to hear. It was a completely separate way of thinking but it did not frighten Talanwei. When the Ambassador of Gulandur asked Quillan if he could commune with Molten in their Temple, even the Achadhiel was not sure how his teacher would react. Without meaning to, he was holding his breath expectantly.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Quillan's eyes widened at Ssinith's suggestion. "In my experience, the gods prefer not to enter the home of another." He explained. "Even in the temple of the Mother, I have felt removed from the influence of her son. You are welcome to try if you wish, but I would not expect an answer here." Quillan cautioned.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

It was hard to tell if he was removed from Molten this far away. Since he had been chosen for a special purpose, perhaps this meeting was meant to be.

<Human>

"This is a meeting between two faiths. One not of conflict, but one of understanding. For something as simple as the answer to a question, I need not a lot of power. Still... one of the elements to our respective gods are direct opposites... so you may be correct that it may not work. As a Moltenite, however, the path of power is through experience, and the attempts made to learn. Something you have in common with Illuminatus and the path of knowledge, I am sure... so perhaps it might work."

Ssinith sighed, knowing that this could potentially be dangerous, as he was slightly crossing into the affairs of other gods. Still, knowledge was power. Therefore, even though one of the elements clashed, another element, in his eyes, matched.

He focused on the candle light... it was as close to fire as he would get around here. Fire which was in Molten's element as light was to Illuminatus'. He touched his brand, and tried to reach a state of meditation before praying. A part of him was still a little drained from the use of Molten's power the night before.

<Human>

"Knowledge is power, despite the opposites between light and darkness. I invoke the element of power in the name of Molten in order to bring better understanding to the surface about my people and my god. I merely seek an answer to the man of Illuminatus' question. What does Molten truly feel about the Ascention of my people?"

It was a question he was truly curious to have the answer to himself. He knew that the Queen would not have ordered it without Molten's consent, but was he excited? Proud? Or perhaps simply pleased that the volcano would erupt at the surface?

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The brand on his chest remained cool and the candle flame barely flickered as Ssinith called out to his god. Flickers stretched into burns without any sign that Molten had heard him. Whether he chose not to answer or could not, Ssinith could not tell. It is said that truth burst from the mouths of Firebrands like lava from the earth and that no mortal ever knew when to expect it. Perhaps Molten would speak in his own time.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

<Human>

"Hmmm... perhaps you were right. But from the legends of my people, Molten's truth spouts out from the Firebrand like the lava of the volcano... when one is least expecting it. I was branded but months ago, it is likely I am too young to ask such a thing. But... I offer the learning experience up to him."

He sighed a moment, knowing he was young and impatient. He shrugged, waiting for the next question.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"What do you hope will happen now that your kind are on the surface?" Quillan asked him. "Could the surface ever be home again for your people? It is a big question I know, but the central one at the heart of it all don't you think?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssnith paused a moment on that one... quite frankly, he didn't like the surface all that much.

"You say 'return' as if all of our people know and respect the surface, my friend. Generations have gone by without seeing the surface, particularly with my generation. Many have no desire, and almost loathing to even see the surface. The rest of my people, however, are curious. I believe that the desire to remain on the surface will depend on who welcomes him. With the reports that some of our people were encased in glass and killed does not give a kind offering. Myself? I serve and respect my Queen. Where she tells me to go, I follow without question. It is her desire for us to rise and gain the respect of the world as a noble and powerful people. One day I hope to return to her and my homeland, not because I hate the surface... but because she is safer there."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Quillan nodded thoughtfully at his response. "Most of the surface has long assumed that the only reason your kind would ascend would be to destroy what we had and claim what is ours. Whether for spite or jealousy or revenge was under doubt but always it was the assumption that you hate us for having what was denied you." Quillan shook his head. "But the truth is that is little here that your people care about is there? You don't hate us for living in the sun. You just wonder why we put up with the brightness when cool caves are available." Quillan chuckled. "Perhaps once such an attitude was true among your people but today it seems more vanity than reality."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”