A Dozen Roses (Give Or Take) 27th noon

Moderator: Mods

Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena was taken off guard by Trevyn's words. She wasn't expecting how someone she had just met would describe her, but it was pretty delightful to say the least. After smiling back to him Yelena turned her attention to Paige. Her hand moved forward wanting to touch the woman's hair for a flicker or so, but Yelena pulled it back immediately. The blonde took a deep breath. “Paige is a mysterious woman, from her dark sleek hair to her bright azure eyes. They indicate hope, a hope that she may become herself and pursue her own goals and dreams. Her soft hands and slender fingers say that she can be gentle... and it would be best to stay on her good side.” Yelena smiled at Paige, unsure how she would receive her assessment.
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Paige gave Yelena a gentle smile after she had finished with her description. She was impressed with Yelena's description of her for only knowing each other very briefly. The dark haired adhiel found herself enjoying this little game and the company of these new acquaintances. It was a rare moment in time when Paige felt that she could actually just let her hair down, and the time was now. With a slight turn of her head, Paige looked to Aerin and thought of how she could best describe a person she barely knew.

"Aerin holds herself with great confidence. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it," Paige smiled at Aerin, hoping she was bordering along a correct description, after all, the crimson haired beauty did strike her as a confident person, "She radiates beauty as well as wisdom, and when one is around such a woman, it is easy to forget the stresses of everyday life." When Paige had finished she awaited Aerin's response patiently, hoping she made some sort of success.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

“With eyes like hers, even the most free of men or women stand the risk of becoming willing slaves…” Aerin stated, giving the woman a smirk below still-blushing cheeks. It was always good to give and receive complements and this little band was good at doing both. “Her skin is smooth and radiant, like freshly-stirred cream mixed with just a hint of cinnamon….” Aerin kept her eyes locked onto Paige’s as she heard the clunk of the drinks and brownies arriving, not wanting to look Flo in the eyes as she continued the game undaunted. “Her lips…throat…the swell of succulent flesh further down… Makes one lick their lips in curious wonder if she tastes as good as she looks.”

Aerin tilted her head to the side just a smidgen and leaned closer toward Paige, looking for signs of discomfort as she pushed the envelope a bit further. “But it is her mind that is the most alluring…captivating…even the most venomous of vipers can hide in a rosebush…” With that final comment, Aerin gave Paige another wink and nodded toward Yelena, wondering how Paige would handle the second round. She took a brownie from the plate and nibbled at it, washing the cake down with a swallow of her ultra-rich coffee, wondering the same of the other two. Her childhood game had taken on an erotic edge, she had noticed, for she found that the confidence that Paige had praised was lending itself to her ego at leading such an game among strangers – so intimate a game within such a public place.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Blushing from Aerin's words, Paige gave the woman a quick wink and took a small sip from her drink that had just arrived. The intense sweetness from the warm liquid, was almost enough to make the young woman cringe and wish she had never ordered what she did, yet Paige hid her distaste rather well and politely. She had never been to a coffee shop before, so naturally the adhiel was clueless as to what to order, or even what would appeal to her tastes and what wouldn't. However, it was decided from here on out, that Paige didn't like coffee. The brownies were a different story.

Swallowing a bite of brownie, Paige turned back to Yelena. It was time for Paige to describe the golden haired beauty, an adhiel like herself. Carefully, she thought about her words and how Yelena was in her eyes.

"Yelena is a vibrant, gentle spirit. Her presence alone can captivate an entire room full of people. Her eyes tell a story of passion and her beauty can turn the heads of anyone who passes by," Paige smiled and continued as she gently brushed the crumbs off of her hands, "I say to anyone who doesn't take the time to get to know her, they would simply be missing out on finding the finest of treasure."
Last edited by Paige on Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Yelena smiled as she turned from Paige over to Trevyn. She felt really happy to be called a treasure. Words held a lot of power in the right situations. The treats looked very good, so she politely took one of the brownies Looking at Trevyn, Yelena looked to see how she could describe the man. The adhiel took a small short breath and let her voice sail.

“From the moment one sets eyes on Trevyn, they can tell that he is understanding, and mindful of his surroundings. His eyes can spot the minute details, and his lips tell you that he is articulate. His gentle looks will grant him many things and put many people at ease.”
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Trevyn Sayres
Civus

Post by Trevyn Sayres »

Trevyn smiled at Yelena's description of him. He then turned to Aerin and began his appraisal.

"Everything about Aerin is suggestive of the heroines of epic poetry," Trevyn began, "from her copper tresses to the pout of her lower lip to the exotic purr of her speech. She carries herself with a confidence and allure seldom seen outside of the temptresses of such stories. Her verbal assessments of each of us have been both artistically crafted, and also tinged with a bit of eroticism that suggests that Aerin is an extremely sensual woman. And yet, there seems to be a vulnerability as well, ever so slight. I noticed it each time that she touched me, that briefest of pause, as if pleading with herself to trust in that one gesture."
[size=84]Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
- Hassan I Sabbah[/size]

[size=75]Avatar courtesy of Fialessa Valenstri, with my deepest gratitude.[/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin could not help but smile at Trevyn’s words, nor the words of anyone else at the table. Despite their many differences, be it cultural, gender, racial, or otherwise, they seemed to be well adapted to teamwork. To family. To people that she felt that she could trust. Ashari would most certainly kill Aerin if any of the three turned out to be some sort of spy or killer or something along those lines, but Aerin felt as if none of the three came to the table with that kind of intent, nor (she hoped) would they leave with it.

After a silently-mouthed “Thank you” to Trevyn, Aerin pondered continuing the game with a cross-pattern, pairing Paige and Trevyn and herself with Yelena, but as she looked at the almost eager faces around her and felt the last of her coffee warm her gut, Aerin unfolded a small kerchief on the table and began transferring leftover brownies from the plate to the center of the cloth as if taking home ‘leftovers’ was the right thing to do.

Besides, if Ashari was not pleased with these three and still angry at Aerin for what had happened to Wrinkles, Aerin hoped that the gift of chocolate would work well to dull the blades in Ashari’s eyes, whether they really existed or were just a figment of Aerin’s imagination. Aerin stayed quiet, smiling placidly, until only four brownies remained on the plate and, in one motion, traded the small satchel of brownies with her coin purse, pulling out the appropriate amount for the brownies, drinks, and a tip and placing them on the table. She gave a cursory glance around for Flo, wanting to direct the woman’s attentions to the coins before rising from the table.

Once she had done so – if she had been able to do so – Aerin would rise and take one of the four remaining brownies with a wink. “I want you all to know that I deeply enjoy each of you and no…” she uttered sincerely “…that is not a fresh round of the game. I really mean it.” Her crimson tresses bounced in loose, lively curls as she nodded toward the door. “I will understand if any of you cannot follow at this flicker, but I think that the time is right to deliver this bouquet of Roses to a woman who really needs it, don’t you?” Aerin smiled once more at the trio.

“If you care to follow, I would be most honored to take you for the introduction that you have been awaiting, saving any other games for afterward.” When any and all were ready, Aerin would lead them to Thalas Manse.

OOC: Fin for me, I think – if you guys want to get some ‘last words’ in, we can wrap up this thread and begin blossoming into new ones. :D
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Paige nodded in agreement to Aerin's words, quickly deciding that she would follow the crimson-haired beauty now. The adhiel had nothing else on her agenda for the rest of the day. Besides, all of this talk had made Paige all the more curious to see what lie waiting for her around the next corner, so to speak.
Rising as well, Paige brushed off what crumbs from the brownie she had eaten, from her knee-length red skirt and smiled at Aerin, "Yes, I believe I shall accompany you."

OOC: Fin for me as well....
Last edited by Paige on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Yelena believed that all three of them would be willing to follow Aerin to meet Ashari, so she also accepted the invitation. Following the lead, she rose from her seat and headed towards the door. Aerin was taking them to meet Ashari. That was her main objective since arriving to the Citadel, so there was no way she would pass up this opportunity.
Trevyn Sayres
Civus

Post by Trevyn Sayres »

"Thank you for your hospitality, Aerin," Trevyn said as he stood up and headed for the door. "I look very much forward to meeting Ashari."
[size=84]Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
- Hassan I Sabbah[/size]

[size=75]Avatar courtesy of Fialessa Valenstri, with my deepest gratitude.[/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

OOC: Looks like we're finished here, GW. :) Thanks for the brownies!
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

locked, summarised, archived.

* awarded to conversation for aerin, yelena, paige and trevyn
* awarded to language [human] for yelena and trevyn
Last edited by Turi on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”