[UoM] Fauna: Like An Unwanted Weed You Can Never Kill

Moderator: Mods

Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

[UoM] Fauna: Like An Unwanted Weed You Can Never Kill

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

TIME: UNKNOWN
Aftermath of the Deamon Hunt

In that void of darkness, in that depthless of her mind, she majestically stood there gleaming like a beacon of light, her hair glorious and radiant as the morning sun, clothed in a diaphanous, silvery dress and the staff of Myra glistening like quicksilver. But another part of her stood there as well. Dark, shadowy and maliciously garbed in a dark translucent same-cut gown, looking at her with that same beautiful face, the staff of Myra, pulsating with dark, shadowy hues.

“We are almost there.” The dark-clothed woman remarked emotionlessly, moving a step forward to face the woman in front of her.

“Perhaps,” The silvery dressed woman replied in that same tone, although her voice was vibrant and full of life. “But you see, my power is growing as well, Flora. With the continues flicker of the mark, my power will grow and by then, I can abjure you from Fauna.”

“From Fauna?” Her dark face frowned as she dubiously looked at the woman in front of her. “But we ARE Fauna!” She spat out with vehemence.

She laughed a vibrant laughter, smiling radiantly at the dark clothed woman. “Oh yes, we are Fauna, but you see, with your separation from her, I also awakened, an entity that is a complete opposite of you, Flora Missanthrope. We are within Fauna’s mind and I will have her back.” She turned her flawless face and before them, out of the chasm of darkness, a naked, blond woman appeared with her hands and feet shackled.

A malicious smile came up her dark lips, “Ah, so, Fauna has created you to fight me, or perhaps, it was Ventella’s machinations. Nevermind, the game hasn’t been played out yet, woman. With or without you, I shall reign supreme and all shall despair against my power.”

“Perhaps.” The silvery woman intoned regally, looking at the dark woman with her radiant blue eyes, “but I will fight you to the end, Dark Enchantress and Fauna shall be free from you.” Slowly, she moved towards the shackled blond woman and gently caressed her flawless face. “Fauna dear, wake up, the battle has begun.”

The shackled woman moaned and whimpered lightly.

Imperiously, the dark enchantress walked towards the chained woman and with a cold gesture she slapped the chained girl right on the face, the sound of flesh hitting flesh echoing upon the voideless chasm. “WAKE UP, YOU WENCH!”

And she slapped her again.

[hr][/hr]
With a loud gasp, Fauna Winthrope woke up, her bosom heaving and her blue eyes dazed and confused.

ooc: Um Tris, what happened to Fauna's Gauntlet? Do we have to continue it?
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: The testing thread is still there if you wish to play it out. Else I can write up a summary ending for it to close it out.

Timestamp: Sam29th ET

Fauna awoke to the feeling of being bound and constricted. It took a moment for her dream clouded brain to realize that these were not the shackles of her nightmare but white sheets that she had twisted around her in her sleep.

"Easy now. Easy!" A female voice urged her. "You're safe now. The battle is done." Sitting by her side was a middle aged woman dressed in a simple white robe. "You're back at the University with the Menders. I'm Abagail."

Looking around Fauna could see she was in a small room with a couple of cots at one end and a desk and bookcase filled with various alchemical substances at the other. The air was scented with woodsmoke and sweet smelling herbs. Abagail offered Fauna a steaming mug of tea. "Here, drink this. You'll feel better."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

ooc: Yes, please, I want to finish the Gauntlet, Fauna wouldn't feel she had passed it without closing it personally.
[hr][/hr]
There are many kinds of women, I'm pretty sure you know that. There are those who are pretty when waking up, some who are glorios even if her hair was dishevelled and some who are just as fresh as the morning dew even when burdened with stress. Now our Fauna, I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised to hear this, was part of those of women I mentioned, I mean, she wouldn't be Fauna if you see her waking up everyday like a hag or a troll, I'm sure you agree with me on this.

But it was more of a feeling of being bound, there was a certain heaviness to it, a feeling, like a huge yoke was placed upon her back, drowning her when she woke up, as if her mind was fogged and even though she had slept for more than countless flickers, even though she had rested, there was still remained a weariness upon her, a fatigue that slows her down as she blinked disorientedly at the matronly woman sitting beside her. Perhaps it was the event of how immediately she woke up and as she owlishly looked at the steaming mug offered to her, all traces of her nightmare had vanished.

Carefully, she took the offered mug and sipped it, letting the aroma of the tea wash over her, the warmthness of drink spreading inside her like quicksilver. With a small contented sigh, the blonde mage returned the mug and settled comfortably once more to her warm cot, sleep taking her over once more.

And then she remembered...

Elaine. Deamon. Becca. Ulder. Jolanda. The Tower.

...But that was it. Everything was foggy after that, after she had slashed out with her spell to help Morgan with his weaving. And then she remembered her Staff, Her priceless Arcae Staff.

"Where is my staff?!" She quickly demanded from Abagail, frantically sitting up and looking around her, her voice almost throaty, as if she had never used it for more than a month. "What happened to Elaine?"

"Tell me, is the Deamon vanished?"

Damnation! I shouldn't be sleeping! Stupid woman! She quickly pushed herself from the bed. There are so many things to do and I couldn't afford to waste my time. How long...

"How long have I been asleep, Mistress Abagail?" She slowly stood up, trying to test her limbs. "What day is this?"
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”