UoM: Divining secrets - 22nd Chyril MT

Moderator: Mods

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion never took his eyes from Elvin as he spoke, however when his silver haired colleague had finished, the golden adhiel tore his gaze from Elvin and allowed it to linger on the Secrets of Creation. "If you need a strong Inner Circle.....you will have my support, Elvin. As you stated I am a competent sorcerer, powerful enough to hold my own against most mundane things. At present my skills do not lie in sublety..especially where my magic is concerned. My elemental prowess means I can reap much destruction when I need to....so you could consider me the 'heavy hand' of your Circle?" he smirked slightly.

"As to the financial issues....I can of course add some of my own funds to aid you. Bare in mind I am also a Noble. Such will allow me to move in the social circles of the higher classes of the Citadel and the Court. There is also, naturally, the financial benefit of being a Lord. I will need to consult with my sister...I can assure you she would also join Shadowstar. Her skill as a sorceress may not be as defined as my own, and she is expecting a child, however her charm and beauty are both refined skills." once more he looked towards Elvin. "I admit to feeling slightly hesitant in sharing this book with you, my friend. I seem to have a habit of wanting to keep my secrets close to me.....but with what you are saying about darkmages and demons, I can't help but think that two of us using this book will help us greatly. Dark-magic may be powerful, but I think this book holds the Key to Greater Magicks."
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin smiled: "Yes, the both of you would be more then welcome to join. It would be a great help," the Professor shook his head sadly when Ashtallion made his joke about a heavy hand: "I'm afraid that we'll need to use a heavy hand at times. Not everything can be resolved by talking, unfortunately."

"Financial funds will always help. But the first thing on hand is to find a purpose. Something tangible to do. We have our own goals but without a tangible task we won't be able to do something," the Adhiel responded.

A hint of surprise showed on the Adhiel's face when he heard that Alustriel expected a child, he had been so busy that he hadn't even heard about that development. "Everyone seems to be starting their own family. It's unfortunate that the only relative I could relate to fears me..."

He laughed: "It's only natural that a mage wants to keep his discoveries close to himself. There are several reasons for us to do so, not all of them are good excuses though. I have to agree with you on the book, yes. Furthermore, we should visit a certain lady in the city. I think we might learn something from her as well," his eyes twinkled, "she knows the secrets of mindcraft and that information comes from one of the most informed people in the entire Empire."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Mindcraft? Interesting. I admit though that it is a branch of magic with which I have severely limited knowledge....I'm most intrigued." the golden mage paused for a few heartbeats, allowing what Elvin had said to sink in. "As for a purpose....I'm inclined to try and discover the identity of other Darkmages throughout the Citadel, though primarily the University. Such evil magic users must find the number of impressionable youths here a gold mine for recruiting into the Dark Paths."

"But that is something that will require more thought and alot more work. They've done well to hide themselves if indeed there are more within the University...which I don't doubt."

Ashtallion straightened, still holding the Secrets of Creation in his hands. "I will leave for now Elvin. Please keep me informed of Shadowstars progression and I would be extremely pleased to meet the other members. When do you want to meet with this Mindcrafter you spoke of?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin nodded in assent when Ashtallion made his assesment and waited until the mage finished. "I'll keep you informed. And you'll meet those members sooner then you'll expect. You might even tutor some of them..."

He smiled when the gold-haired mage asked about the mindcrafter: "I'll have to send her a message first. She was grieviously wounded and from what I've heard she has a lot on her mind right now."

The Adhiel stood up and, with a gracefull wave of his hand, disabled the wards in the room. "I have some things I need to do. If there's anything I can do for you, let me know."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion nodded in silence, walking to the door and placing his hand on the handle. He paused a moment and without turning. "Thankyou, Elvin, for trying to help."

The golden haired sorcerer pulled on the door and left the fellow adhiel's quarters.

(Finished I assume!)
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"No problem, my friend. That's what I'm here for," Elvin replied, smiling.

(Fin!)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread archived with no skills awarded.

Thanks for a fun thread!
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”