UofM: Taking stock and moving forward Chyril 27th MT

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

UofM: Taking stock and moving forward Chyril 27th MT

Post by Tristam »

The first night in Sierra passed relatively quietly with all within sleeping behind heavily warded chambers. At least those that could sleep did. Many were about that night gathering data or working to set right spells that were sundered. The morning found the Professors of the University and those apprentices suited to such matters gathered in a large conference room.

Professor Peckerton sat at the head of the long oval table as per usual but the seats to his right and left were conspicuously empty. Neither Professor Redgrave nor Professor Ventalla were present.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Sleep had not come easily to golden haired sorcerer. Dark smudges were clearly apparent under his eyes, marring his usually flawless demeanor. His dreams had been plagued with images of Sezja's face, twisted in torment, her soul snared tightly in a demons fist. Ashtallion knew this was only his guilt surfacing in his subconscious, yet that did not help him. He would get over it, he possessed enough mental control to ensure that much.

The magus had to admit to some severe anxiousness keeping him awake. What was to become of him now? At least one Professor had seen Sezja within the University walls, he had promised Ashtallion he would see him before the Faculty. Did that mean banishment? Would they strip him of his powers? Was that even possible....

Now was not the time to think on that though, he had to remain confident and concise. Sitting at that table did not help to ease such feelings though. But, he had to be thankful that he was not standing before the assembled sorcerers and sorceresses in chains.

Ashtallion wore black robes. Another subsciousness action on his part to best reflect his mood? Who knew. Outwardly he expressed a face of alertness and curiosity, as well as a suitable amount of anxiety over the situation, to appear so otherwise would suggest non-chalance, and he was anything but that at present.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The many professors of the University began to file in. Professor Moore took the chair across from the door and kept a wary eye upon it. Professor Pralix came in with Professor Baldeserrato and they were talking in muted tones. Pralix kept looking more and more uneasy as Baldesarrato talked. Professor Acantha stalked in proudly and took a seat by Moore. The dark adhiel Durell smirked at Ashtallion as he entered and took the seat directly across from Ashtallion.

A familiar face entered next. Alexu Auros strode in with that easy panther like grace of his. He exchanged a friendly nod with Acantha and slipped into the chair next to Ashtallion. "Glad to see you got through the night, Urdil." He greeted him warmly. "I was worried about you and your sister but trusted that we trained you both right." Alexu clapped him on the shoulder. "How bad did it get by you?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Durell's smirk caused an equal amount of fury, and uneasiness to rise with the 'lighter' natured adhiel mage. Did the dark bastard know something Ashtallion did not about what was to come? Or was it merely his arrogant way of reinforcing his own superior standing as a full sorcerer within this room.

Either way, the 'Golden One' itched to fling a lightning bolt at that smirk and see how quickly it was wiped from his face. Regardless of what he felt, Ashtallion returned the smirk with an impassive stare, a slight snort, and then he turned to Auros, glad to have the strong presence of the battlemage next to him. If he could have, Ashtallion would have drained the will of steel from the mage to bolden his own resolve, but he supposed he had to be content with his presence.

Asht ran a hand casually through his hair, sweeping it back lightly before fixing a small smile of his lips. "I got it bad.", his voice was low, the smile on his lips a stark contrast to his words. He just didn't want Durell to see him in any form of negative mood. With the smirk still displayed. "You might not want to sit too close to meet at this meeting, Professor Auros, much of it, I feel, with prove englightening to alot of the assembled. Let us just say, I know more of what transpired last night than the vast majority in this room, and why ."

His golden eyes travelled up and down the table to check who were in attendance. Most of it not all the Faculty. Asht wanted to cringe. Yet he would not. He wouldn't give Durell the satisfaction of seeing him crack, and he wanted to present a confident and strong front to everyone else. He made a mistake, he would pay for it if need be.

With a glance back at Auros, "Did you end up battling any of the creatures? I fought but one of them, and even that would have proved.....challenging, to defeat. Though, I'm confident I would have.", he smirked again, this time, it reached his eyes. If Auros was any judge of character, he would have known how proud the adhiel mage was, and how confident he could be in himself and his power.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Durell's smirk grew slightly wider when Ashtallion snorted but his attention was diverted from him as another trio of mages entered the room. Professor Imrelinda, Mistress of Illusion, was petite in stature but her presence demanded attention. Her ubiquitous teacup was in her hand and she sipped from it as she chatted with Professor Arden of the Elementalist tower. He nodded to Ashtallion as he entered. Behind them came Professor Thran. He was nominally of the Illusion tower but styled himself the Twilight Mage and focused on magics of light and darkness. Half of his face was covered in a darkness weave. Rumor has it that the face beneath was disfigured but even on the Aether one could not determine the truth of things without challenging Thran's ward.

Auros looked very curious as Ashtallion claimed to have greater knowledge of the situation. Clearly he wished to ask more but answered Ashtallion's query first. "No, the demon spawn did not make it to the Battle Mage spires." He sounded disappointed. "But one of them decided to cause some mayhem for us. The bestiary doors were blasted open and several of the cages ripped apart. We spent the night tracking down many a poisonous beast I can tell you. Still not sure they are all accounted for." Alexu admitted. "I'd tread the halls carefully if I were you."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Durell's increased smirk was lost of the adhiel sorcerer, and just as well, the dark adhiel mage had already grated on Ashtallion, he did not need further provocation. As more mages entered, his golden eyes flittered from one face to another, returning Arden's nod with one of his own and a polite smile. His gaze lingered though on Thran, whose manipulation of dark and light intrigued him. Asht made a mental note to seek out the Twiligt Mage at a later time.

When Auros described the dangerous beasts possibly still being loose about the University, Ashtallion suppressed a groan, though the strain would be evident on his face. Just what have you done, Urdil.....stupid fool of a sorcerer.....

"Indeed I will, Professor Auros, my thanks for the warning.", his unease continued to build within him. "I do hope nothing else as severe occured last eveingtide, bad enough to have demons break through the University's wards......I'm not even sure if many of the students were injured....."
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca's only plans for the day had involved sleep. Coincidentally, that had been her plans for the next week or so (she was on her third day of surviving on catnaps. A week was a minimum.), especially if she could have somehow tricked Morgan into sitting still long enough for her to use him as a pillow. Instead, she'd spent most of the night trying to fuss over him, and then watched with utter bewilderment as his sense of duty appeared to triumph over his common sense and he went off to do something useful for the University.

So instead of doing the sensible thing and getting some sleep anyway, Becca went to follow Morgan's shining example. Admittedly, her version of following his example involved slipping into a meeting she wasn't completely sure she was invited to, wearing the smooth, saccherine smile that meant she was Not In A Good Mood.

Her mood improved, very slightly, when she saw who she was following in - it was only the fact that she really did enjoy breathing that stopped her hugging Imrelinda right then. Instead, she slid into place next to her professor and said "I trust you slept well last night? Did you have any trouble in your tower?" She glanced around her, smile taking on a certain amount of sharpness when it rested on Professor Thran - he'd not made a favourable impression on her the first time they met, and she'd seen no reason to change it - and Ashtallion.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Auros nodded. "I know several of the battle mage students were injured but nothing life threatening. I've not yet heard about the main campus." He informed Ashtallion. "The Mender has been busy I am sure."

Imrelinda slid her gaze over to Becca and took a sip of tea. "My time passed quietly enough. Only one of the Nether beings approached the Tower of Illusions and it never realized that the tower it explored existed for his eyes only." Imrelinda smiled thinly. "We have other troubles though. We can talk more after the meeting.

After waiting a few more moments, Peckerton cleared his throat loudly and rapped a gavel on the table thrice to signal for quiet. "I th-think this is all that will be c-coming so let's b-begin." Peckerton announced.

"I w-would like to begin b-by confirming most of the r-rumors flying ab-bout the University." Peckerton sighed. "First, Professor Redgrave is dead." He announced bluntly. Roughly half of the room reacted with shock. The other half nodded as if they already knew. "He was killed by sorceries that shredded the mind and spirit and afterwards his heart was removed." There were many possible implications of that. None of them were pleasant. "When the grounds are s-secure, we shall arrange for a memorial and return his body to his family for b-burial."

Peckerton sniffed and wiped a tear from his eye. "He deserves m-more than to be a short item on our ag-genda." He said softly. "But there is much to d-do still." He looked at his checklist. "In addition to he, there were five student deaths: two from poisonous bites and three from those Nether crabs. Many are injured but Mender Abagail feels that all of them shall recover in time."

"P-point the second." Peckerton continued. "Professor Ventalla has sealed himself into his rooms and sealed it tight with defensive wards. Professor Moore?"

At the prompt, Moore rose from his seat and scratched his jawline. "The wards on his door are impressive." There was a murmuring from the assembled wizards at that. "They are thickly laid and tightly interwoven. There are even a few I don't recognize." The room fell silent once more. "I managed to send a few message winds through the cracks to let him know that the danger had passed or to ask if he needed help. I received only three words in reply. No more voices! Then he sealed up the cracks in his wards." Professor Moore sat down again.

Peckerton took up the meeting agenda once more. "We can only guess at what has happened to Professor Ventalla but for the moment he is lost to us until we can spare the time and energy to unravel his wards. I've p-p-posted a g-guard at his door to monitor the s-situation." Peckerton paused there to let things sink in.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Six were dead......

By the Gods of Light, what have I allowed to happen.

The golden magus stared at Peckerton, then at Professor Moore, his shimmering eyes flicking between the two of them. Five students, and Professor Redgrave. Any grief or guilt that he might have felt was suddenly overwhelmed by a cascading wave of fury that boiled in his veins. Now he wished he hadn't let those demons away so easily, had he known they had slain others within the Univeristy.....You would have done what, Ashtallion? Taken on a dozen demons by yourself? A likely way to get killed.

At least it would have been equal payment for what he had helped to cause. What was he to do? Lie? Never. That was not something he was prepared to entertain. At that moment he was many things, but he was not certainly not a liar.

His robes rustled slightly as he rose from his seat, pushing it back slightly so he could stand. His face held a grim, yet resolute expression.

"Forgive my interuption, Professors, however I believe I can shed some significant light on what transpired last night. I am....partly...to blame for all of this."

He took a deep breath and face Professors Moore and Peckerton, his eyes sliding to take in everyone else, when they rested on Becca he knew he wouldn't have got away with lying at any rate. Whilst she may have may have gave the impression of not hearing the conversation he had had with the demon in his chambers, she had seen them leave, that would have caused suspicion enough.

"Some here already know, that I have a book in my possession. A very powerful book. One with which I have been attempting to unlock its many mysteries. It is called, The Secrets of Creation.", he swallowed, trying to moisten his drying mouth, "Despite my efforts, controlling the power within this book has proven to be extremely challenging. There is a Key to unlocking it, controlling the energies which seem to be inherent in it. Almost sentient."

"Last eveningtide, a woman appeared in my chambers, her name was Sezja. A sorceress of considerable talent. She claimed to have knowledge of what this 'Key' was.....in exchange for giving me this knowledge, she wanted me to cast a spell from the book. One through which she could alter her destiny. I can assure you all that the energy needed for such a thing is indeed tremendous.....I refused to cast such a spell when I did not know the methods of proper control....however she stated I need only aid her endevour."

"So I did. I looked into this womans future and saw the moment of her death, when it would occur, but not the how.", his hands where clutched tightly together within the cuffs of his robe to prevent himself from shaking. Ashtallion let out a small sigh, trying to ease the tension so that he could find the strength to continue.

"This sorceress was trained at the Basilisks Stare, she consorted with demons.....and gave me a story of repentance. I believed her. She herself knew her death would be caused by those she owned alligence to....or some sort of contract....", he waved the latter with gesture of his hand, "I cannot remember precisely. Unfortunately, instead of pushing her death further ahead into her Destiny....she lacked the strength.....and it receeded. I tried to help, but it was like trying to shift a mountain with but one finger....", his eyes held an odd shimmer as he felt into rememberance of last night. "Then the Demons came. They came for her. Sezja owed them and they came to collect on whatever bargain had been struck."

"I fought one of the creatures.....", he shook his head lightly, ".....and would have continued....Sezja cast another spell from the Book. A sanctury spell designed for protection I believe, I did not see it myself....but....something else were awry. I can only imagine it to be the Ancient energies of that book and the very magicks held in the walls of the University conflicted...or merged...but the result was the entire University being ripped from the Citadel and given, Sanctury."

He paused, realising he was rambling. Catching his breath.

"I spoke to whom I can only assume was the Leader of those Demons. He stated that Sezja belonged to him and that if I hand her over, he and his foul ilk would leave the University. I did not know so many had died and were injured....I didn't know....my only concern was for the University and its students, the staff. I wanted to fight, but I knew it would result in bloodshed, so I.....I gave Sezja over to them. Then they left."

His eyes once more found Professor Moore's.

"My arrogance has cost this University the lives of five students and one esteemed Professor. I will not ask forgiveness, for I cannot even forgive myself. This place.....it has become my home. Any that know me, know that I live and breath The Art. I would never intentionally lead the university or those within it, to harm. I will abide by any action that the University deems appropriate for my actions."

With that, he fell silent. Letting it ring loudly in his ears. His heart thudded heavily in his chest, so hard he thought it may well burst from his chest. Were it possible, he would have given his own heart to replace Redgrave's. He did not seat himself with his eyes sheepishly downcast. Ashtallion Urdil Alrul was a Sorcerer, though he was guilt ridden and regretted his actions, he would accept whatever Moore had to say with dignity. Those gilded eyes of the Golden Magus never left the Professor.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The reactions to his story were as varied as the professors that sat within the room. All seemed shocked at the name Sezja and many were incredulous that he did not know of the black souled sorceress what with the her arrest after the Changer wrecked Divale. He heard Auros comment to one, "The lad was in Kislovan at the time. How could he know?"

A few sorcerers reacted to the name of the book, Secrets of Creation. In fact, Professor Baldeserrato shot an accusing glance at Professor Peckerton who ignored it. Arden's shoulders slumped and his hands balled into fists. Peckerton looked on Ashtallion with pity while Moore's eyes reflected a cold disapproval. All looked to Peckerton for his reaction. As the only member of the High Council present, the decision was his and the many eyes of the faculty demanded that his next words had better be damned good.

Peckerton swallowed thickly. There was a time when he would back a Mage Hunter no matter their transgressions. The cards would not select one of impure heart. Then Fauna went bad. Very bad. Had they lost Ashtallion as well? Peckerton wished Ventalla was here. His own senses seemed inadequate to the task of rooting out evil these days.

"Ashtallion Urdil Alrul, you will hear the verdict of the High Council." Peckerton intoned formally. Professors Baldeserrato and Auros both moved to object but Peckerton cut them off. "Under the provisions of our University Charter, I claim the Emergency Powers due a High Councilor and shall submit to review when the danger is past and the Council is again whole." His tone brooked no argument.

"Ashtallion Urdil Alrul, you are hereby stripped of the title of Professor of the University of Magick." Ashtallion could practically hear Durell's smirk. "You will surrender the Secrets of Creation to Professor Moore who will attempt a more competent binding upon it than his predecessor managed. You will also surrender all notes in your possession regarding the Secrets of Creation. I now pronounce you in Blood Debt to this University and to the families of the fallen. You will be so bound until those to whom you are indebted release you from this obligation or until death frees you from all obligations. Do you accept the ruling of this Council?" Peckerton demanded.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Each word hammered upon his soul with the weight of a Gods hand.

Yet he faced Peckerton with a look of determination and composed alertness. Just what he had expected....he wasn't sure. Banished from the University? He supposed that would have been the easy way out, to leave the place that would eternally remind him of his folly and the consequences. No, this was a harsher punishment. Stripped of his position, he would have to remain and be ordered about.....well, if there was one person he refused to abide by, that would be Durell.

No longer a Professor, Ashtallion would ensure though that they all remembered that he was still Lord Alrul. Though, he supposed many wouldn't care about his Nobility.

"I...I accept the High Council's judgement."

That was all he could say. Suddenly a lump formed in his throat, and he had to swallow to keep it from causing tears to shed from his eyes. Oh, how he wanted to roast Durell at that moment. But he would wait, and make sure that smirk was permanently removed from his face one day.

Along with everything else, there was a burning anger. They were going to take the Book. My Book! So much power, so many secrets, so much wisdom bound within it. It would be lost to him. Was this better though? Who was to say he would ever become the Master of it?

A Blood Debt. He prayed the immediate families were all human, at least he would have a chance of outliving them if not the memory. Just what that would entail, he could not envision, though he made a mental note to ask Moore when he handed over the book. But what was he to do now? Leave the room? Simply sit back down and wait for the rest of the meeting to finish?

No. He couldn't sit there with everyone's eyes on him, especially not Durells'. Though, he had Auros. The man's comment had not fallen deaf on his pointed ears, and he would remember to thank him.

The 'Golden One'.....at that moment he was the depiction of 'The Fallen One'.

"I will leave and compile my notes, Professor Peckerton, for Professor Moores collection if that is agreeable?"
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Peckerton hesitated for a moment. He had no wish to subject Ashtallion to further humiliation. Yet, he could not be seen to fully trust Ashtallion much he wanted too. Peckerton nodded his agreement to Ashtallion's request but added. "Professor Moore will accompany you. The sooner the book is dealt with the better." Moore rose and strode to the hallway to await the golden sorcerer.

Peckerton then returned to his agenda. It was a long litany of want was found intact and what was found broken within the University. The main points were these.

1. The portal was still functioning with only minor readjustments needed. In fact new students have already been arriving through it.

2. The basements did not travel with the rest of the University. This has resulted in the loss of the Vaults, the prisons, and many research labs. Morgan Scrylock has been sent to Citadel to arrange for the retrieval of as much of their property as is possible.

3. The primary and most ancient magics of the University were tied into the magical foundation of the isle of Citadel. Thus, they are all dwindling or have already failed. Rooms have disappeared, protective wards are weak, and various creatures and spirits bound into service are now freed. Most have simply fled but all would do well to be careful. Professor Octava was in charge of raising new temporary wards until permanent ones can be inscribed. The isle of Sierra seems most receptive to such magics though some question the wisdom of tying the wards into the isle once more lest they move again.

4. On that point, there is little chance that they would be able to move the University back. The energy required would be phenomenal and it was a fluke that caused the move in the first place. Recreating it would be as unlikely as being able to power it.

"For n-now," Peckerton concluded. "She shall focus on the rebuilding of the University and the training of our students s-so they can help with this enormity of work. F-focus more on practical applic-cation than theory for a time. We sh-shall also need to see what the town below can supply us and m-make a full survey of the University to clear it of dangers. Those that volunteer will be spared being assigned as needed." Peckerton added. No one seemed to want to be the first to do that.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion simply bowed his head towards Peckerton, and slipped between his own chair and Auros'. He had not expected Peckerton to send anyone with him, but he supposed his recent actions would not have inspired a great deal of trust from the higher mage. The golden haired adhiel suppressed a sigh as he walk out of the room, catching only snippets of what Peckerton was listing off.

No doubt he would be informed soon enough with what he was to help restore within the University, so he paid little attentiont to the stuttering sorcerer once he stepped into the corridor, where await Moore for him.

He did not speak, but simply looked at Moore and nodded his head, striding forward with a pace perhaps a little more swift than was perfunctionary. In truth, he did not want to give Moore the chance to start a lecturing conversation about how disappointed he was or how embarrassingly incompetant the 'younger' sorcerer was. Ashtallion hated the fact that the superior and more experienced mages within the University still held the ability to make him feel like a child, despite the fact he was possibly older than most of them. Something he would have to address and quickly if he was to ever pull through the ordeals to come.

So with nothing else to do, he headed for his chambers where the Book was stored, protected by what wards he was accomplished enough to weave.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Professor Moore was content to be silent and leave Adhtallion to his thoughts as they walked the halls of the University. Ashtallion found his room as he had left it with his wards undisturbed and secure. Moore let Ashtallion into the room and then leaned in the doorway to watch him.

Only then did he break his silence. "He was lenient, you know." Moore commented. "Peckerton chose the only appropriate punishment that allows the possibility of reinstatement within the University. Were you aware of that?" He asked.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Oh I am well aware that my punishment could have been far worse, Professor Moore."

He did not turned to face the Professor as he spoke, but simply continued into his chamber, and proceeded to the chest where he had locked the book away, pleased to see that none of his wards had been tampered with. But then, would he have noticed if someone more skilled had gotten through them? He would have liked to think he would.

Taking the book out, the golden sorcerer turned, and yet he still did not raise his eyes to meet Moore, but instead he kept them fixed on the Secrets of Creation. His heart suddenly started to thump hard in his chest. Oh, how he did not want to hand it over. But he knew he would be hunted down if he attempted to run, not that he had any hope of getting past Moore anyway.

"Professor Peckerton may have choosen the path that could potentially lead to my reinstatement......but I do not think that will ever occur. I might outlive many of the sorcerers here whom will do everything in their power to see that my reinstatement does not happen.....but something as momentous as the University of Magic being uprooted and transported will never be forgotten, and neither will my part in it. No, Professor Moore. I doubt it very much that I will ever teach again....at least within these walls.", he looked up at that point, those gilded eyes shimmering seemingly of their own accord, but most likely reflecting light. There was a fire behind those eyes...

"If you know of this Book, Professor, then you may already know that there are few wards in existence that can hold it. The Book presents itself to those it wishes....and from others, it may well hide. I am telling you this, for if the Book ever disappears....I will not be held authomatcially accountable for that.", he looked back down at the Book, stroking its cover.

He let out a dispairing sigh. "It is for the best that I hand this for. I am not strong enough to control it....no one alive is I believe. But I will miss it....its secrets.....its power.", he shook his head and reigned in his emotions, facing Moore with a passive and cold face. He walked forward, his robes whispering across the rugs on the floor, and handed the Secrets of Creation to the human Professor.

Once taken, he turned his back. "While I am no longer a Professor within these walls. Please ensure the other sorcerers are aware that I am still Lord Alrul. I would prefer to be addressed as such, seeing as I will not be called Professor."

Ashtallion glanced over his shoulder, the hardness on his face not quite reaching his eyes. "Please....pass on my thanks to Professor Peckerton. I know he was lenient, and if you can also let me know when I am to begin paying back my.....Blood Debt. I will be here."
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca looked around at the professors, then sighed. "I'll do it. Going to the town -" and she could almost see the horrified look on Mister Motricé's face at the thought of Becca being an emissary for the University. "- or looking for 'dangers,' where ever I can be more use." She smiled faintly. "I can probably drum up some other idiots to help, as well." Perhaps not Morgan - he was off being the bloody responsible person that he was and she'd acquired a burning desire to keep him as far from harm's way as possible, but Elvin would be in his element once he found out there might be monsters to hunt. When he found out about the demons, he'd probably be furious that he hadn't answered Becca's call. The student hesitated, then turned a vaguely disapproving look on Peckerton. "You could've said before, you know. I always seem to end up doing this sort of thing anyway."
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Asht

"We are well aware of your rank outside these walls, Magus Urdil." Moore replied as he took the book. Ashtallion felt a momentary tug as if the book clung to him but Moore grasped it firmly and slung it under his arm. "Those titles mean nothing here. But Magus is one you've earned and it shall be respected. You should have seen the fit Durell threw when we refused to use his title." Moore commented.

"I shall pass along your thanks." Moore agreed. "And if this book goes missing don't be surprised if we check here first. It tends to form attachments to people. Do let us know if it tries to renew your acquaintance." Moore said firmly. "You have as free a run of the University as you did as an advanced student. We will find you when you are needed." With that, Moore left Ashtallion to his thoughts.

Becca

"The situation is such that I preferred a call for volunteers before I drafted people into service, Miss Acerbi." Peckerton smiled. "Rest assured I would have called on you first. I shall provide you with official credentials and the like and an escort if you wish it."

OOC: I think this is a good place to stop.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The gilded magus felt that slight tug, almost as though the book did not want to leave him....and how he shared those feelings. One day....one day you will be mine again. This I promise. We may have to wait a life time, but I can afford that wait.

Ashtallion turned away as soon as the book left his grasp, and just as well, for Moore's words about his title meaning nothing within the University walls stung somewhat, causing his golden eyes to flame a little in ire. "I won't be going anywhere anytime soon, so I will be here Professor.", Same freedom as an advanced student. He wanted to scoff at that, but held his tongue in check.

He did not turn as Moore left, and he doubted the other mage cared much. As soon as he was confident he was alone, Asht left out a heavy sigh, placing a hand over his eyes, holding back tears of anger, humiliation and frustration. He had to be grateful for what small mercies Peckerton granted him, at least he was not banished. Though is some respects that might have been easier. He knew he could have counted on Ashari putting him up for a short while.

It was one thing he had to enquire about, whether or not he was allowed to leave the University to visit the Citadel...but he assumed he would have to help repair the wards and structure here first before they even considered such a thing. He meandered over to the window and stared out over the strange jungle of sierra...losing himself in his thoughts.

OOC: I agree. Finished from me. :)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread Skilled!
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”