The noteboard in the Great Hall

Moderator: Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

The noteboard in the Great Hall

Post by Elvin Motricé »

This large board situated next to the clerk's desk contains notes on events yet to come and also a copy of the class schedule.

<hr>
<table><small><tr><td><b>Time Estimate</b></td><td><b>Battlemages</b></td><td><b>Non-Battlemages</b></td> </tr> <tr><td>Last Mark, Gravetide (Before Dawn) to First Mark, Morningtide (one mark past dawn) </td><td>Morning Physical Fitness</td><td>nothing scheduled (although they might be woken up)</td></tr> <tr><td> First Mark, Morningtide to Second Mark, Morningtide </td><td>Cleanup / Breakfast</td><td>Breakfast</td></tr> <tr><td>Second Mark, Morningtide to Fourth Mark, Morningtide</td><td>Energ Manipulation Basics</td><td>Energy Manipulation Basics</td></tr><tr><td>Fourth Mark Morningtide to Last Mark, Morningtide</td><td>Academics I</td><td>Academics II</td></tr> <tr><td>Last Mark, Morningtide to First Mark, Tradetide</td> <td>Lunch</td><td>Lunch</td></tr><tr><td>First Mark, Tradetide to Third Mark, Tradetide</td> <td>Academics III</td><td>Academics IV</td></tr><tr><td>Third Mark, Tradetide to Last Mark, Tradetide</td><td>BattleMagics</td><td>Magery</td></tr><tr><td>Last Mark, Tradetide to First Mark, Eveningtide</td><td>Dinner</td><td>Dinner</td></tr><tr><td>After Last Mark, Tradetide</td><td>free unless given special assignments</td><td>free unless given special assignments</td></tr>
</small></table>

Under it was scribbled:
Energy Manipulation Basics for now will be the same for all classes.
Academics I/II - History (one class)
Academics III/IV - Herbal Lore (one class)

<hr>
<b>ATTENTION ALL!</b>
<i>To celebrate the influx of so many new students we'll be holding a party on Enchanter's Square on the eveningtide of Samheen the 6th. We would kindly ask that all new and old students attend as there are some announcements to be made.</i>

<hr>
Another note was hung up on the board in a small maticulous writing:

<b>Private Teachers</b>
<i>Students that wich to acquire a private teacher for a subject that they find interesting can ask the clerk in the Great Hall for a teacher on the subject. If one resides in the University he shall direct you to him.

Do keep in mind that your studies will ask a lot of you and that a private study will only make the burden more heavy.</i>
<hr>
A little notice was put up on the bulletin board:

"Dear students, because of private circumstances our student Flavius has been withdrawn from this institution. We wish him well in his future life."
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

A new note was hung up:

<hr>
Dear students

Due to the recent events student Gavin Magnus has decided to depart from the University and find his luck elsewhere. We wish him the best.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

A large yellow pamflet hung on the noticeboard:

Field Trip
Tomorrow, samheen 8th all battle-mages report for a field trip.
all other students are strongly adviced to come, but not required.

take outdoor clothing and camping gear
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

A pink small paper was pinned on the noticeboard. Funny about it was, when students or teachers passed by it, they can smell a waft of fragrant perfume from it, like the early hint of spring to come. And on close scrunity, the small paper itself was fragrant. As if the ink were made from that perfume. It was dated Samheen 11.

A note was elegantly scribbled on it, a flowing script of female handwriting, saying...

My Dear Fellow Teachers and Classmates,

I will be going to the Red Rose Guild to start on my dancing class after lunch and up to evening tide.

Fauna Winthrope, First Year Student Mage
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

A new notice, recently pinned up, is on the board:

First Year Study Group

A study group for first year students has been formed. First session will be on Samheen 16th, all those wishing to participate can simply turn up on the appointed day. Supervision will be provided from one of the Professors.

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle-Mage Student

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”