PI: Fixing the farmhouse -- Neit & Rae?-- Samheen 27th M

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Tristam

PI: Fixing the farmhouse -- Neit & Rae?-- Samheen 27th M

Post by Tristam »

Morning arrived this day not with the usual bright light of the sun but with the dark gray of the sky turning to a light gray. The dark clouds and scattering of stones from the sky that plagued their journey out here continued to hang over their heads.

They had found the farmhouse easy enough. As the sacking of the soliders and had not stretched out this far they found it largely intact. The doors were kicked open and any scrap of food, clothing or easily carried tools and valuables were long since gone. Still the walls were solid and the building secure. On the way there they passed rows upon rows of grapes growing on wooden stakes and trellises. Hard to tell in the dark but it smelled like some at least were rotting on the vine.

The soldiers that came with Torc helped to secure the farmhouse and give the farm a quick look over for trouble. Following their orders, two of the Oneists went off with Torc on whatever scouting mission he had been assigned. The other three stayed with the farmhouse to help keep watch and generally assist.

OOC: OK Neit and Rae feel free to post yourself waking up or coming off watch or whatever and start your morning.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Raevyn had woke up unusually early this morning. She was still a bit tired from the long journey to the farm house and her own excursion the night before. However she needed to be awake earlier than the most of the others in order to try to find a mirror of sorts in which to again apply the small touch ups she need to make sure her disguise was still in tact. A disguise that she had quickly grown weary of.

It was one thing to pose as an ordinary adhiel. It was almost unbearable to continue pretending to be a Oneist. It was something that hopefully she wouldn't have to endure much longer. So the assassin went about the routine of looking for something in which she could see her reflection. If she found something suitable she would go about her routine and hope that everything looked the way it did the day before.

Raevyn had kept up her disguise surprisingly well up to this point. It had held up during Tigrin's trial where she sat very close to the new King himself. It had held up during that miserable airship journey from King's Court to Pan's Isle, but even she doubted she could do much to it considering she was no expert. She would have to rely heavily on keeping her gloves on her hands and to make sure that none of her dark complexion was visible to anyone. As for Raevyn's face, her cloak worked well to conceal her face from the prying eyes of the others.

Blessed Anasati Raevyn thought to herself momentarily. She wasn't praying or using her newly chosen diety's name in vain. Raevyn just wanted to say it to herself. She wanted to hear how the words would roll off of her tongue and sound to her ears. Shecouldn't though, not now. For now Raevyn would just have to settle for saying in her mind.

It made the killer happy, and she tingled on the insides. It was as if her conversion had liberated her somehow. Raevyn felt free for the first time in a long time, and there was work to be done. Raevyn was certain that this would be her last night with these people. She was heading to Gulandur tonight. Izy was welcome to join her if he so wished to do so, and maybe even the half giant. The others were going to die. Izy and the big girl too would die if they tried to stop her from going.

Tonight Raevyn was going to let them see her, the real her, for the first time tonight. Raevyn thought Izy might have had a clue about her from the things the two had talked about before, but she couldn't be certain. Neit was clueless Raevyn was willing to wager on. Raevyn had no qualms about killing them either if she had to. Either they were with her or against her, and may whatever god they paid lipservice to have mercy on their souls if they weren't.

She smiled, and was ready to face the day with all the happiness she could muster as an impsoter Oneist. Until tonight, everything would be as it has been as for as she was concerned. Catherine Sinclair was who she was known to them as, and Catherine Sinclair she would be for just a few more marks.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Raevyn knew from their intital walk around the farmhouse that there no mirrors nor even a shiny pot in the kitchens. The looters were rather skilled at picking the place clean. Rae had to make do with a metal basin full of water. It was enough to let her touch up the worst bits of her disguise. It was fortunate that it only had to last one more day.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Rawvyn cursed silently at her luck, those pesky imbeciles had taken everything of import, to her at least. Would it have hurt any to leave behind something in which to gaze upon oneself? Even if it was just a piece of a mirror? No, and it seemed as if Dominicus' puppets had taken just what she needed to spite her. It will have to do she thought to herself as she ran her hand backwards through her hair. Witht he way things had been going as of late, Raevyn figured it was a small price to pay for what lied in store.

Next the assassin looked at her palms, and then her fingernails. You nasty little creatures, need cutting, she thought whistfully. Her hands didn't hurt, but they would probably have an annoying sting for the next day or so. Again, a small price to pay, for the glory that awaited. The glory of Anasati. Chills ran down the adhiel's spine.

Two guards had gone Raevyn noticed. That would be two less to worry about for the time being. Torc was gone too it seemed, and that was blessing. He was the only one that she felt posed a threat to her, then again anyone who used magick made the adhiel a bit nervous. The rest she figured, she could handle in one way or another. Sweet talk and charm, or slit throats while sleeping. It didn't matter to her in the least.

Raevyn then went to check on the other two that she had journeyed with to see if they were still fast asleep or not. Izy probably wasn't. The guardswoman doubted that he would waste time sleeping in order to think of various ways to make money. An endearing quality tot he adhiel as making money was one of the few things she did like. She listened for a moment to see if she could hear them.

Choose wisely my friends Raevyn found herself thinking about Izy and Neit. Tonight they would see her, the real her for the first time. How the two reacted was a concern for the dark adhiel. She would have to put some thought into this. Maybe she would be better off by not telling them or showing them. The three guards however, they would have to die for the simple fact that Raevyn didn't know anything about them. She knew little of Izy and less for Neit, but she at least new something about them. She had a chance to feel them out.

Showing the guards was out of the question, they would just as likely kill her if they found out the truth. Raevyn played scenarios in her head. At best it would be an even fight fi everythign went well. At worst Raevyn could find herself alone trying to fight the five of them. If that was the case, she would need an advantage of sorts.

She had an idea, and out into the fields she went. There was a variety of plants and flowers to be found she was certain of. Some of which were poisonous. The assassin would look for things that she knew to be poisonous. She had some training and knew what to look for. If her mission were to prove to be fruitless, she did have the two vials of poison she had gotten while still in Taloh, and there was the poison in two of her daggers.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Post by Guest »

ooc: sorry about not posting sooner...bar exam classes have been all-consuming.

IC:

A booming bellow from the posterior of Neit shook her awake. It had been a nice night of sleep for the half-giantess, as she had slept surprisingly well despite being nervous about being out in the wilderness without any weapon training at all.

She stood and stretched, her muscular arms running into the ceiling prior to reaching full extension. ~A bigger room will certainly be necessary...~ Neit looked around to make sure her possessions were still piled next to where she fell asleep and then went for the main door with her hammer in hand. It wasn't necessary to her to put on the armor again, and without Izy's help, she wasn't sure if she could remember how all the buckles and straps fit together. It would be something that she'd give a bit of time towards learning later in the morning. Besides, the room was starting to fill with the stench of her release and she needed fresh air.

As the door opened and the fresh morning air entered the house, Neit took in a deep breath and enjoyed the bright sunlight for a moment. She forgot briefly that they were there on a military mission and that soldiers were present as well. Soon, the soldiers would be gone, and Cat and Izy would be all that was left to help build the outpost.

Of course, the half-giantess had no intention of helping the army of Dominicus. Sure she would help to build an outpost, but it would be rigged up to collapse if certain parts were struck just right. An attack on this position would be made particularly easy by her intended sabotage. It would only be the start of her terrorism of the army of Dominicus. She would spend some time here...talking with soldiers, learning of their maneuvers, and learning their plans. Eventually, she'd try to find allies that would take her information and allow her to use it against Dominicus. The army would fall, and she'd be right there with the victors.

A smile was on her face as she continued on outside...it was time to start building.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Raevyn headed out into the field about the same time Izy and Neit awoke from their slumber and looked to see what the day brought. Around the farmhouse itself Raevyn had noted a traditional herb garden but thyme and basil were of no use to her now. The fields themselves also proved disappointing as they had been largely cleared of all other plants to let the grapes in the vinyard thrive unchallenged. She would have to reply on her poisons or trek farther afield in search of ingredients.

----

Neit found Izy just leaving through the front door as she approached it. "Good morning to you, my not so dumb as she pretends to be friend." Izy grinned slyly at her. "No prying ears at the moment so better tell me what thoughts you have to share before the act is needed again, yes?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Neit looked around to make sure no soldiers were present before she spoke. "I figured today we would inspect this building and see how fit it is for a base for our outpost. If we determine it to be solid enough, we build from its base...if not, we raze it and start from scratch. I'd say we also need to put up some basic defenses and alarm mechanisms so we can be alerted to enemies and protect ourselves. What are your thoughts?"

The large woman stretched once again as she waited for Izy to give his reply. Her motivation was based largely on her being interested in learning from the gnome during their construction and not so much on actually helping the army of Dominicus. "Of course, if we could get the soldiers to leave or at least be out of earshot, there are a few other things I'd like to speak with you about. It seems like I was not the only one that was bothered by how we were treated by the captain in his office..."

Neit did not know where Izy's loyalties were at the moment...though she knew that money was a clear motivation for him. She hoped that he would be interested in helping her to form an organization of individuals that would terrorize the army of Dominicus and help to bring it to its knees.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn was slightly frustrated by not being able to find anything poisonous in the immediate vicinity. It was farmland after all and she should have known better. The thought of venturing further had entered her mind, but she didn't want to risk it just yet.

Upon seeing the half giantess in the distance, Raevyn decided that her search for poisons was over for now. She didn't want to raise any suspicions about her so she headed back towards what was effectively base in the farmhouse.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"They are out 'patroling the perimeter'." Izy grinned. "Means they are out of our sight so they can walk slowly and drink on duty. Soldiers." Izy shrugged fatalisticly. "So we get to do the real work and get paid the real money." Izy leaned in and up and smiled up at the giantess. "So you have plans soldiers will not like, eh? Good girl. I knew there was thinking up there." Izy poked at his own head since hers was clearly out of his reach. "You look tough but you're no skull thumper. So why is you here, eh?"

Raevyn arrived back at camp just as this conversation was getting started. "Soldiers out patrolling." He greeted her. "Have you too words the soldier's don't want to hear?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"I have more than two words they would not want to hear," the bitter assassin said. She was angry now, for some unknown reason. Maybe it was her inability to find anything to poison the Dominican soldiers with, or maybe she was just angry. In either case, Raevyn wasn't in a talkative mood. She didn't want to deal with some stupid little gnome, or some half giant whore.

The only solace Raevyn would be able to find right now was the fact that she would soon be going home. She would soon be with her own, and that soon, very soon, she would be getting a long overdue revenge on the humans that followed Dominicus.

Raevyn pressed on, to her room where she kept her things. The adhiel came to the conclusion that now was the time to go. She didn't have to wait to poison the guards. It was pointless. Leave now, while they were gone. If they tried to stop her, she would kill them. No questions asked.

It was obvious the rash little adhiel was letting her emotions get the best of her which she was prone to do. But the feelings, all of them were strong. Her hatred of Dominucus, and his followers. Her wanting to go home. Her desire to give herself to Anasati. She would do it, tonight.

Raevyn sat down, on her bunk and put her head into her palms.
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Neit looked down at Izy and smiled. "I plan to find out as much as I can about their army and their plans...and then kill them all in a jubilant explosion of flames and smoke." She said the words as if they were trivial, even though she was completely serious. "I imagine an organization that is dedicated to nothing else than to bring down Dominicus and all his followers through planned strikes designed to bring terror to the followers. Without followers, Dominicus shall lose power. Eventually, he will fall as well."

She watched the gnome to see his reaction. Most would regard her as a lunatic for making such a statement.

"Of course, we'll build this fort, and build it well. We'll do whatever it takes to get on the inside. We'll make all sorts of great things for them....all the while imbedding devices into the structures to make them explode later at a time of our choosing."

Rae then began to approach them, and Neit once again became very quiet. It wasn't that she cared about the adhiel, but she didn't trust her at all. The adhiel was cold and withdrawn, and though Neit knew not to cross her, she also had no interest in getting to know her at all.

After Raevyn went on inside, Neit continued.

"I'd say we befriend these soldiers and learn of what is going on from them...at least to start. Perhaps after we learn all we can from them, we can start to kill them off one at a time while they're out on patrol...making the leaders think this is a dangerous area....thus sending better or more soldiers. Eventually, we'll be done here, and we can move on to other places and continue to learn and develop our secret network. We will be patient like a cat...waiting for just the right moment to begin our strikes."

The half-giantess smiled a big smile at the gnome. "Of course it could fail and we could die...but I'm pretty pissed about being conscripted."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Dying is very bad for business." Izy said seriously. "Last thing I ever want to do." He grinned. "So you have a cause. Also bad for business." He shook his head. "I make deal with you. You help me make map and study for money man back in Aveas. I'll help you make plans for the fort complete with your modifications. Then you let me back to money man for all I can take him for and I get head start away from fighting and deathtrap. Sound good to you, O Mighty One?"[/i]
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Neit smiled. The gnome was always thinking...and that would hopefully allow her to encourage him to join with her. He had a sharp mind, and knew how to negotiate...both traits she needed in the organization.

"Tell you what. We will make the map and make a lot of money. Then we will build the fort and perhaps receive additional orders...allowing us both to rise up in the ranks and gain money and opportunity." The half-giantess smiled at Izy. "Money helps us both, don't you think?"

She looked at the farm house. "I do not intend to strike so soon as you may think. A cat may sit for days while its prey goes along unsuspecting. It wouldn't make sense to destroy the fort so soon...or to expose our hand when we're just at the beginning." She studied the tiny many carefully. "I suspect that you don't like military service any more than I. I would even suspect that your mischevious side is at least intrigued as to my ideas...or at least to the possibility of a tremendous payout..."
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn reemerged as the two were talking, her bitterness still raging deep inside of her. For her there was no waiting around, not anymore. Now was the time of action, and if these two dolts wanted to stick around and wait, so be it. The assassin had been the cause of an accidental forrest fire in the past, but this time, it would be no mistake.

"Burn it all," the assassin said coldly, her voice full of determination. The rather brazen adhiel then set about to find anything she could that could start a fire. She didn't however come to make a bold statement without being prepared to defend herself against any that might try and stop her. In her grip was her bow. "Grab all of your belongs and get out of here as soon as you can."

"Do it, or you leave me no option but to kill you both," she then added without a falter in her words.

Post by Guest »

Neit listened to the words of the adhiel. She was obviously pissed about something, and Neit was not about to confront her at this time...namely because Neit was unarmed and the adhiel had a weapon...and apparently the intent to use it. Nevertheless, burning the structure would not help Neit in her goals nor Izy in his. So the adhiel had to be stopped...somehow. In a fair fight, Neit would lose...so she would have to be careful...

"Your timing and locale is faulty. The army will pay eventually...neither our current situs nor the time appropriate for such a brazen statement. The purpose of your act will be without consequence...there is no appreciable damage inflicted upon our enemy with the demolition of a non-defensible structure that is to function merely as an outpost anyway. If it is hate that you have and vengance that you wish to exact, at least have the intelligence to effectuate it with rational thought and planning."

The half-giant expected no response, so she merely added, "Now, Izy and myself have a feasibility study to complete, if you don't mind." With that, she turned from the adhiel and headed for the building. Her drawing supplies were needed to make preliminary sketches and to take notes....plus getting a weapon might be...necessary...
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Izy's shrewd eyes flicked back and forth between the half-giant and the cold adhiel. "I too will be getting my stuff. Then I will go outside. What happens inside after that." Izy shrugged and waddled off to follow Neit. "Giant girl." Izy called over. "If there is one thing Izy knows, its when not to deal. Her eyes are like the Oneists, crazed. Get your things and let's go. This lump of wood is not worth it."

Raevyn has no trouble finding kindling for a fire and even scrounges up some cooking oil to help spread the flames. The farmhouse is wooden with a thatched roof. It won't take much to get it burning.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

The assassin stood for a moment, totally confused by the ramblings of the she giant. Raevyn's understanding of the human language wasn't all that good to begin with, which is probably why she lost most of what the girl was saying. In any case, Raevyn had played her card, and there was no turning back for her now. If she did, the two might find her to be weak, or indecisive. Even if she was wrong, Raevyn wasn't going to change her mind about what she was going to do.

"Izy," she said as the gnome started to walk off, "it is for your own good." Her words broken as she was still getting used to the mostly foreign language. "The Oneist's kill people like us." The Guardswoman didn't want to appear as if she were pleading with either of them, but she did want them to take her warning.

Raevyn also didn't want to go into too much, she chose to keep what happened in the Oasis to herself believing that niether would believe her. They would have to take her word for it, at least that's what she thought. For Raevyn thought she was more experienced in these sort of situations than they were. She felt as if the needed to be lead instead of going about things blindly on their own.

One thing the assassin knew was that their paths would more than likely seperate here. She doubted that either would be able to journey with her. SHe was certain that the path she had now chosen wasn't one that either would be willing to walk.

"This outpost means nothing to them," she then shouted out to both Izy and Neit, "but if we destroy it, it will send a message to them." Raevyn hoped that the two were listening, but couldn't be too concerned if they weren't. The adhiel knew what she had to do, and she was determinded to do so. After gathering her belongings, Raevyn set forth and began to torch the farmhouse.

Post by Guest »

ooc: sorry about not replying sooner. For some reason, I'm not receiving emails when Neit's threads are replied to.

ic:

Neit just shrugged. Raevyn was no better than the Oneists...both were fanatical beyond reason. There would be no settlement with her. She simply went inside, grabbed her things and left the building to the insane adhiel.

Once outside and away from Raevyn, Neit looked about and then turned to Izy. "Now about that survey, where shall we start? I've never done anything like this. Also, we should probably prepare ourselves for how we are going to answer to the soldiers when they arrive and see the damage done." She looked back to the farm house for a moment. "It's a shame for us to lose all that wood just because of that one's insanity. Her temper will be her downfall, I fear."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Already the smoke was rising in the distance from the licking flames, the evidence that Raevyn was as good as her word.

Izzy looked to Neit. "I think it best that we are far here soon, yes. We know nothing of the crazy adhiel of the fire. We were out before dawn." Izzy nodded. "Let's go into the fields. They'll want to know what is still growing and what they can still sell."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: sorry about not replying sooner. For some reason, I'm not getting emails about replies to Neit's threads. :(

IC:

Neit nodded at Izzy's suggestion. "I agree. That insane adhiel is dangerous...to herself and all around her. That rage will be her demise. Though I have similar plans, emotions must be controlled, otherwise they will blind you. I fear she is already blind with her anger." Neit shrugged. "Oh well...no big loss, apparently."

She turned towards the fields where the crops were located. With her possessions in hand, Neit headed that direction. "I do not know much about growing crops. I suppose though it will be easy enough to tell which crops are living and which are dead or dying."

A look back at the farmhouse made Neit realize that their task there was not yet complete either. "We should notify the soldiers that were with us. I would suspect that they would want to catch her and kill her for setting the outpost ablaze. More importantly, I want them to know that it wasn't us." Neit looked around them at the surrounding land, attempting to spot the soldiers.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn was moving at as quick a pace as she could without overly tiring herself out for as long as she could. The assassin knew that they would be looking for her, or at least begin to chase after her once they found out who did this.

The guardswoman didn't know if Neit and Izy would tell them that it was her. Well she didn't think that the gnome would anyway. He was intelligent and would probably come up with some crafty ruse if ever questioned about it. The half giant though, that the adhiel was uncertain of.

The one thing that Raevyn was for the most part certain of was the fact that she probably wouldn't be found by the guards. For more than one reason. The first being she had a pretty good lead on them. Even if the guards were to follow on horse back, the direction she went off on would probably not be known, and lastly, she had been disguised the entire time.

That remind Raevyn that to wash her face and skin off of to remove the stuff she used for her disguise. The assassin would then have makwe sure to travel mostly during the night time hours. That way her keen sight as well as hearing could be more of an advantage for her.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Neit

"I think it best the soldiers be left to do whatever soldiers do." Izzy advised. "If we find them, we have to explain why we take all our possessions out of the house before it catch fire. I no have good answer for that one. Better we go about our business, hide our stuff somewhere safe, then go back and weep over the ashes of our fortune, eh?" Izzy smiled.

Neit could not catch a ready glimpse of any of the soldiers from where she was. Likely as not they had gone a fair distance from the farmhouse expecting no problems from that quarter. Still, the smoke plume was rising high as the farmhouse burned. If they were not already on their way, they would be soon.

OOC: Raevyn We'll just assume you escaped notice, ditched your disguise and went safely into your current thread, OK?
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: sorry about the terribly long delay. I am wanting to make a change of location/goals for Neit, if allowed. I will write her thoughts to give you an idea of what she is wanting to do in this post:

IC:

Neit thought about the words that Izy spoke. She thought for much longer than was obviously necessary to reply to her much shorter friend...

With her eyes focused on something other than the immediate surroundings, she spoke. "Izy, this is not a place for me. I sense I have a purpose elsewhere." A cruel smile formed on her face. "I'm not saying that I have suddenly been struck by a charitable, noble cause, but I just feel out of sorts here."

Her eyes looked down at Izy. Her gaze was once again sharp. "Money. Power. Those are important to me. I have the means to get both, but I need a new locale, and I need those that share a similar interest. I don't intend to do the work directly, as I'd rather use other people to execute my ideas since that leaves me safe from the grasp of the law and out of the way of any blades that might protect that which I want to acquire."

Her smile crossed the width of her face. "I need a trustworthy partner. You game?"

Neit knew that she would have to travel somewhere that she would fit in, and it would have to be someplace where a certain criminal element could go largely undetected...it would have to be a major city. There would be competition there already, but she was certain that a new style of doing things would shake up things enough to either give her a niche within which she could operate, or it would get enough attention that an existing organization would decide it better to hire her than compete.

She waited for the gnome's answer...
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Izy shrugged "I'm not done here yet. Town could use me. Many riches there, methinks. Where you going?"

OOC: Please note that you'll have to find passage, which means not all locations are open to you and it will depend on where you'll find passage. Having said that.. the world is your oyster!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

"I do not really know, my friend. I think that I need to find the largest city in all of Tazlure, as it would afford me the best potential to remain a part of the masses...well, at least as much as possible. It would also allow me the best opportunity to find those of similar mind set and ambition." The half-giantess smiled a sly smile, knowing full-well that her words were completely charged with colorful meanings.

"If you do not want to join me, Izy, I suppose this is where we part ways. It was a pleasure travelling with you for the short while that we were together, and I wish you the best in your endeavors."

She gave the short man a genuine smile. "If you ever get to where I am heading, stop in to say hello."

It was her way to reduce the hurt feeling that hit her when she realized the gnome would not be joining her. It surprised Neit to know that she would probably miss the gnome greatly. At this point, Neit knew that her life was heading down a path of mystery, darkness, secrecy, and misery...though hopefully not her own.

OOC: What would be the largest city that is reasonably within travelling distance? Someplace preferrably with some degree of unrest already present...someplace where a kick in the right places could throw the whole city into complete turmoil. :twisted:

Return to “Aveas Archive”