PI: The Warrior's Respite (Aveas, Sam 29th, ET)

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

Post by Hastarl Ras'diath »

Both Hastarl and Sweeney were silent for a moment, and listened to the babbling around them, snapping up pieces of conversation and information. How I ended up here? he thought by himself, as a reaction to Sweeneys question. It all seemed so long away, he would have to think to realize why he actually was here. Of course he knew it. It was just so sudden to happen. "It's quit' a complicated stori. Ai was cought without mai lisense on me, an' was given few opportunitiis. Pay, sel' meself or join this legion." He took a sip of his drink, a took a deep sigh.

"Unfortunateli Ai had a wrorng pic' of what Ai 'ad done. You see, mai fahter trained in the stealthli arts. As usin' thos' wer on' of mai dreams, Ai joined with the thorght of bein a spi. However, that was onli a thorght." He looked a the half-giant again as he said, with remorse. "An' this is the first tim' Ai have a swort in mai hands," meaning the swortsword he was given when he was sent away.
[i]"Abandon the Search for Truth... Settle for a Good Fantasy"[/i]

Quote [url=http://www.rpggateway.com]RPGGateway[/url]
Reise Silverskye
Adventurer

Post by Reise Silverskye »

Rhoddin wrote:Rhoddin watched as Bartran headed out, preparing to set the wheels of the next part of their journey in motion. Looking at those remaining at the table, he was about to pose a question to Storch, when Reise took his hand and asked to speak to him, alone.

The young bard nodded his head, looking to the others he commented, "Gentlemen, a moment if you please." Standing he looked around, and led Reise off to a quiet corner.

Smiling gently he spoke quietly to her, "Yes my lady, I am yours to command." He hadn't meant the words to be flippant, he actually meant what he said.

Reise smiled back at Rhoddin, and once again, she thought she detected the unease, maybe even the disappointment behind his words. "I'm not a lady yet, and you can do whatever you damn well please," she returned, and to her own surprise, she thought she meant that. No, he's supposed to be doing what I want him to do, a voice said inside her, but she knew she didn't want that. Not for Rhoddin. He was too nice to be used. At least, that was what she was telling herself.

"Look," she said, leaning close to him, looking into his eyes, "if I thought there was another way to get Maglio to talk, without letting him realize that he's talking, I'd do it. But you know that's not possible, and we need to know what's going on here." She hesitated, and took his hands in hers. "I just... I want you to know that I'm not doing this casually. I... I feel something for you, and I... well I like you very much, and I want you to know that by taking this mission, I don't mean to belittle what you and I have shared together... and what I hope we will continue to share together."

Then, not caring who might be watching, she leaned him and kissed him firmly on the lips. "Remember that when you head to Fort Dusk," she finished softly, and wondered what had come over her.
"Oh look... my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." [i]National Treasure: The Book of Secrets[/i]
Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

Rhoddin listened whilst Reise talked, his emotions a bit confused, but he listened none the less. As she finished speaking a soft smile crossed his face, reaching his green eyes which smiled with the rest of his face.

Surprise changed his look as Reise kissed him, but that didn't stop him accepting the kiss, or returning it. As they broke apart, the twinkle was back in his eyes as he smiled at his lover. "It is a good thing to remember, it'll make sure I come back."

Taking Reises hand he steered them back to their table and Brytan and Storch. "C'mon my lady, let's get this party under way." Rhoddin wasn't at all sure that he had made a good decision to investigate this Fort Dusk, but it did seem one of the unexplained issues on the Island. That and what Maglio was really up too, and he would have to leave that to Reise, at least for the moment.
[color=blue]Back from the brink, but still lost, damn some times just never change.[/color]
Sweeney
Civus

Post by Sweeney »

Hastarl's story confirmed what Sweeney had already guessed: the adhiel had been caught up in the sweep of the Elven Quarter and offerred the same non-choices Sweeney had, slavery or soldiering. The half-giant had never given much thought to politics, but the injustice of their situation was, to Sweeney, obvious and infuriating.

"Yeah, seems like there's plenty of bad luck to go around," commented the half-giant. "But we're here now an' we might as well make the best of it...." He trailed off, wondering silently what "the best of it" actually entailed. The adhiel had mentioned his lack of experience with a sword, and Sweeney was no more familiar with his mace. The pugilist knew that his size and strength could make up for lack of skill to a point, but only up to point. This was a war, and many of the soldiers present (and presumably on the other side) were professionals. Green recruits like Hastarl and Sweeney were just fodder. No one, he was sure, expected or cared about their survival. In fact, it seemed likely that the powers that be would be more pleased if all the pagan "volunteers" could meet their end here.

"I wouldn't worry too much 'bout using that thing," he said with a forced cheerfulness while gesturing at the blade. "They don't seem to have any plans for us. Maybe they just wanted us out of the Mouth." Sweeney was lying through his teeth for the sake of sociability. It was bad form to dwell on your new acquaintance's (not to mention your own) imminent violent death.
'Apeneck Sweeney spreads his knees / Letting his arms hang down to laugh
The zebra stripes along his jaw / Swelling to maculate giraffe.'
--T.S. Eliot

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

All the way Hastarl thought this Sweeney was someone who knew what he was talking about. Yet at this moment he caught a piece of sarcasm in the half-giants voice. Make the best out of it! Who do he think we are. no one will ever make anything good out of this. He obviously had as dark, depressing thoughts as his companion. Although the adhiel had at least a purpose in holding on, enduring the time here. He wanted to return to the Mouth. He had slept there one night, then to be dragged of to a war he had no intentions in participating in.

However, Hastarl was not that sharp in the moment to catch the lies Sweeney poured out. "I'm not quiet sure," he said thoughtfully. "Noone will ever leav' a bais' unprotect'. We maight just be the gard'." He sat a while thinking again about the army, which had left the camp. "An' noone will win a battle with green soldiers on therr saide." His dark thoughts began to gather in his head again. The same questions over and over. What if we are attacked? What if I have to fight? What if I fail to fight?

Sweeney
Civus

Post by Sweeney »

"Guards?" replied Sweeney doubtfully. "What's here to guard? I seen alot of mud an' some tents so far. Nothin' I can imagine people fightin' over. Speakin' of which, you heard where 'here' is yet?"
'Apeneck Sweeney spreads his knees / Letting his arms hang down to laugh
The zebra stripes along his jaw / Swelling to maculate giraffe.'
--T.S. Eliot

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

For a moment Hastarl was in doubt. Of course there wasn't anything valuable as far as he knew, in the camp. He thought a bot of what they had seen already, as he yet again realized that he, as Sweeney didn't know where the camp lied. Probably somewhere on the Isles, at least he thought he had heard that somewhere, that they were going there, but exactly where was a riddle to him. His mind went back the known inventory of the camp, as he saw a light. "The Portal. If, 'hoeve' wi're fighting, gets their hans' on that, thei hav' free access to the Mouth." He loved thinking puzzles like this one out, though he wasn't often given one.
Last edited by Hastarl Ras'diath on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Skilled!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “Aveas Archive”