PI - Reason to Belive - Chyril 22nd TT

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Gotham Devoue
Civus

PI - Reason to Belive - Chyril 22nd TT

Post by Gotham Devoue »

So I keep waking up...

Was all he could contemplate while chopping wood for the night's fire. The branches and trunks of the trees had been damaged during the battles, and so Gotham took most of the morning candlemarks lugging it back to their new camp. He wasn't that familiar with an axe, but still, he struggled through the work out getting better at splitting as time went on. He had stripped down to nearly nothing since the humidity in the air was making it difficult to breathe. Normally he would have worn a long sleeved garment, chainmail, followed by a cover shirt, which was quite excessive in PI. The muscles in his arms and torso slid on the bones with every swing he took, and as the burning in his body didn't cease the man continued with the pleasurable feeling. He took a small break and scanned the area.

His fluffly friend, Squeeker, was scurrying around collecting nuts and just getting to know his surroundings just a little bit better. As he viewed the new life, the crusader noticed the simple things in life. Some of the adhiel painted pictures, while other worked like Gotham. Only a handful played music, entertaining and giving others something to aspire to. The melodies helped the white knight work; giving him an up-lifted sense of being.

He took a drink of water and went back to the chore while listening to the instruments.
"Protect life... until death."
--Leeloo, The Fifth Element.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

It was easy to fall into a rhythmic routine of swinging the axe up with a smooth motion and letting it fall with a satisfying thunk. As the burns slid into a mark, Gotham noticed that the musicians started to play around him and more to the point, around the sound of his falling axe. Each split log and branch puntuated a trill of the music or formed a solid baseline thump for them to add melody.

When Gotham next took a break, he was greeted with sound of clapping as two adhiel approached him. One carried a flute and the other a lute.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

Little beads of sweat formed above his brow as he chopped the wood, and as he stopped for a brief moment, two unfamiliar faces came into view. Squeaker, his squirrel friend, had been sitting in a tree, feasting on a nut that he had found.

"Hello," he said in the adhiel language that he was getting better at. "I'm Gotham," the crusader added. "You two are amazing musicians, and the others are quite intense. It's amazing how lost you can get in music," finally noticing the massive pile of split trees at his feet.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"If you do not get lost in it, then the musician is not playing it right." The one with the lute chuckled. "But do not call us amazing. We merely play as the spirits moves us. I'm Penn and this talkative fellow is Firmir." A lifetime ago or maybe just half a yahen, they were the guards at the Gatetown portalm young boys given that duty because there were not others to spare. Now they were young men with gazes older than their age. Still, now those eyes danced merrily enough. Carrying musical instruments suited them much better than bows and blades.

Firmir untied a flask from his belt and offered it to Gotham. "I know that is thirsty work. Will you drink with us, friend?" He offered.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

"Water, I hope," the man said regardlessly taking a drink anyway. The notion of it being an herbal poison didn't even cross his mind, assuming that no one would exactly want him dead - aside from the Oneists.

Placing the axe on the ground, blade closest to the stump, he stood with his newly acquired friends and bantered.

"How long have you been playing?" he inquired, to the both of them.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The contents of the flask were definitely not water. It was tart with a bit of an alcohol bite. A spiked limeade would be his best guess. Firmir held his hand out to take back the flask while Penn answered the question. "I've been playing since my hands were large enough to hold a lute." He answered easily. "My mother was an Artling you see and decided that her young son was going to keep plucking at her lute strings he might as well learn it proper. Our house was always full of music. My mom playing while my dad and his cronies sung loud over their drinks." He sighed wistfully.

"Firmir only started with the flute a few yahren back but has taken to it like a duck to water. His Da wanted him in the scouts you see but it really wasn't the place for him." Firmir nodded in mute agreement and took a swig from the flask.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

Gotham's face didn't show shock or surprise when he took a swig of the tart beverage, just the fact that he was expectinging something sweet, like a wine, not something that would jump start his taste buds. Either way, it was an enjoyable drink.

"It's interesting to see how many people follow solely on or the other parent. You see, my father was a farmer, and my mother a midwife. I was with her for so many years, a practicioner of healing, eventually becoming immensely talented with it. She was the one who showed me the benefit of life and exactly how precious it is. It's sad to think of the many people she birthed, their families came her to take the very thing that my family valued so much. I guess some days you can't have it all," he said with a smile.

Scanning the both of them, the crusader said, "Whatever my purpose is, I hope I find it."

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"A healer and a warrior too as I recall." Penn commented. "That is a potent combination but also one that tugs in many directions." Penn draws back one of his lute strings like a bowstring and lets its go with a discordant twang. "Have you been seeking your purpose here among us then?" He asked. "Or does this pass the time while waiting for the gods to step in?" Penn smiled at that for Pan often worked that way.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

"The more I spend time on this isle, the more it seems like my purpose is right under my nose. Like puzzle pieces, the greater picture of it all is coming into focus, but on the other side of things, the picture is still a gargantuan blur. I have to find the fragments of what I'm supposed to do and do the things I haven't accomplished. Death is nothing to celebrate about, but it's all around us, even here. Before I came with the Oneists, your people populated this entire island, and now, only a portion of it is still yours. The warrior in me wants to reclaim it for our people, however the warrior in me knows that our people need protection - as little as it is. I was always told that one person couldn't change anything. We were to work as a unit and as that unit we would be unstoppable. I only am one person, but I feel quite differently," he added.

The white knight considered the gods and Pan, and wondered exactly what they and the horned one had in store for him, and he pushed the notion out of his mind. "As for our beloved gods, not even they can alter the fate of some," his thoughts reverting back to the man who had violated Allegra. I'll start there. I only have to find him, though. His facial expressions didn't reveal his future plans and for that he thanked the Purificato's training.

"You mention the scout's guild early, is it still running in the midst of all the chaos?"
Last edited by Gotham Devoue on Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

OOC: Closed; player has moved to WM due to inactivity. Skilling to occur shortly!
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Skillzed.

Return to “Aveas Archive”