Aveas: Scatha+Fin - Seinor - Chyril 25th

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Finodborn
Special Branch

Post by Finodborn »

Finodborn tried his best to translate what was told to Scatha, but gave priority to understanding everything properly himself. The news gave him an undefined unpleasant feeling, as if somebody had just poured a pincher of lukewarm oil into his shirt. He could have slapped himself for totally neglecting his contacts with the Thorns the past few tides - they might have been able to provide more information.

These dark creatures... they wouldn't be some kind of underground cousins of you, would they? he inquired with Whimsy.
More disturbing than rumors about undefined dark creatures, however, - not to mention the presence of dark adhiel on the surface - was the lethargic attitude of those presently around him. He tried to contain himself but his disdain got the better of him in the end.

"You cowards," he hissed. "Sure, let's sit back and let the others fight out which one of them will take the credit for desecrating Pan's Island in the end!"
He just hoped Paloma would steer this chaos in the right direction. If it came to voting, this empty heads might very well constitute a majority.
Verum et factum convertuntur.
Avatar by the Artist Currently Known as Eira.
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

The crowd was in turmoil as more of the people present decided to chip in on the debate. Those who represented the factions involved were also debating amongst themselves now, leaving Paloma somewhat stranded in between the two groups. Whimsy fluttered closer to Finodborn, whereas Scatha seemed to move further away. Some people being rude and pushing from behind to move forward and get a better seat to shout from.

"I don't know."

Whimsy sounded a little less upbeat, dodging people deftly as she manouvered to get a sitting position on Fin's shoulder. She'd never really gotten that close before. Finodborn picked up a hint of green and some red in her usually brightly pink and golden aura. "I'm not sure...it can't...can it? Naah, that can't be it. Or... No." She seemed very busy convincing herself when Paloma took the podium once more.

"People, people. Let's not rush to conclusions. This is exactly why we wished to deba..." But the people did not listen. They were too busy argueing amongst themselves. Having been holed up in Seinor for moons, thrown out of their homes by the Oneists and now threatened by centaurs and dark adhiel, whatever their message, had set some bad blood.

"...if you will just..."

"SILENCE!"

The voice of Dilan Tiani burst through a miriad of vines and hollow branches that seemed to have sprouted overhead throughout the hall. The living canopy had shaped to form a massive megaphone of reflective leaves and hollow tubes that now amplified his voice. The short man stepped forward and eyed the crowd menacingly.

"Now, This is where we stand. We are faced with this potential threat regardless of what you idiots think of it. We did not ask you in here to turn these halls into a public scene, we asked for constructive comments. If you are unable to provide them, then leave. NOW!"

The shaper had made a point, and most everyone sat down immediately. Some muttering went on to Fin's left, but aside from that the hall quickly fell silent and Paloma could continue.

"We know how much you have all given up, how much the war has cost us. And frankly a second one is not something anyone is waiting for. Pan has always taught us the ways of love, we should try to keep that in mind, and heart. Even if there are others who question these beliefs."

The centaur emissary stepped forward again.

"The humans went to Kel'thwa, this we know. We do not think they know what they will find. If what the...emissary..." he looked at the dark adhiel "...has said is true, and the dark creatures also come from the island, then it may very well be it's inhabitants need help aswell."

"No one here wants another war. And no one here is asking any of you to go out and fight it. But if there are those among you that would venture to the island of their own accord, to contact the inhabitants before the Oneists do, then maybe we stand a chance at stopping one threat and maybe gaining an ally." Paloma resigned with a final question.

"Are there those among you who would go?"
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Finodborn
Special Branch

Post by Finodborn »

He looked at Whimsy with narrow eyes. Her unusual radiance confirmed the obvious hunch that she was holding something back. Ok... just tell me already what you know before I plunge into more idiocy...

The fingertips of the hand in his pocket traced the treacherous edge of an onyx arrowhead. After all these tides, he had learnt little more about it, and no matter what new menaces threatened Seinor, finding out more about it was the only way to save the Isle, that much was certain. The centaurs knew more - they had given it to him in the first place - and some of these other creatures mentioned were possibly of importance too. After all, he was seeking to reunite. If only Scatha would - ... Of course, he couldn't find her anymore in this chaos. No matter, he'd find her back at the exit. And surely she would come. If she understood three words of adhiel she probably would have set out already, whistling a merry tune and carrying a red knapsack with white spots over her shoulder.

Time to speak up. Even if it will do more bad to my cover.As loud as he could without abusing his voice too much, he replied: "If that is what is called for, I am willing! Sending somebody along who can properly defend him or herself is probably a good idea, though. "
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha stood in an absolute whirlwind of sound as various people and creatures yelled and argued and cussed, or at the very least made noises that sounded like they were cussing in whatever language they spoke. She hadn't seen anything like it since the Kittywich and Bigwich councils fell into dispute over responsibility for silage disposal at the Hayhurst farm, which was incoveniently situated on the border between the two villages. The ensuing fist fight had drawn in most of the adult males in both Kittywich and Bigwich, and was the root cause of several feuds in the district that were likely to simmer for the next hundred yahren or so. And then, just to top it all, a short man with a large voice told everyone off. It was all very exciting.

Scatha listened very carefully to what the short man had to say; it seemed that he wanted someone - anyone - to go and contact someone on an island, and at this her ears pricked up. Someone had once told her that travel and variety were the spice of life, and although Scatha didn't care much for spices - they got up her nose, and made her sneeze - she did like seeing new places.

She was just about to blurt out I'll go when Fin got to it before her. Somehow she'd managed to get seperated from him, and she wriggled her way through the crowd to stand next to him and Whimsy. "Me too," she called out to the short man. "He'll only get lost otherwise."
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

As loud as the crowd had been before, as silent were they all now. Upon the question of Paloma an eerie silence fell that was so stark in contrast to the noise before that some people looked around uncomfortably and turned their eyes to the ground in shame.

Upon speaking up, Paloma looked at Finodborn and Scatha and smiled. From behind her the blonde shaper apprentice stepped forward aswell.

"I will join aswell."

From amidst the people on the other side of the room two men stood up.

"We will join!" they said as one.

The dark adhiel and centaur emissary glared at one another. Then the dark adhiel spoke. "Ko'sstin will go with your group to ensure that my people's interests are being met." One of the guards beside him stepped forward, though somewhat reluctant. Emissary Gha'chek glared even more intently at this remark, but seemed to compose himself a flicker after.

"You will have to travel through centaur land to get to Kel'thwa. We will guide you as far as the meadow's boundaries."

"Then it seems we have an understanding." Dilan Tiani replied. He looked around the hall, causing more people to turn their eyes to the floor. "Those of you who have offered to go have the thanks of the people of Pan. I ask you to remain and the rest to leave now. There are preparations to be done. Meeting adjourned."

People started to leave the hall, glad to be away from the piercing stare of the shaper. As they walked towards the exit, whispering commenced again. The two men who had spoken out were walking towards the stage, where the rest of the party and the emissaries already converged. As soon as Scatha and Finodborn joined them, and the people had left, she looked around the group. The two men were adhiel, not very old. Dark blonde hair and greenish eyes in faces that looked identical.

"Iolon and Kelon, it's good to have your skills for this cause. Deirdre, thank you aswell." She said to the shaper apprentice. "And not to forget Finodborn and Scatha who so selfishly add their blades to the fight. So to speak."

The centaur emissary towered over the rest of the people present. "We will leave in one mark. The journey is long. I do not expect us to reach the border of Kel'thwa before the next tradetide, if we travel on hooves speed."

"Not everyone is as good as running as you are." One of the dark adhiel commented. The two centaur guards glared at the man who quickly shut up.

"If there is anything you need to bring or arrange before we leave, then I suggest you ask for it or do so now." Tiani added. "It is of vital importance that we find out where the people of...Kel'thwa stand and what the Oneists have done there already and how much they have to do with the dark creatures that threaten the people of Gulanadur."
Last edited by Brytan on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Finodborn
Special Branch

Post by Finodborn »

What a relief that capable people were going too. This way, there would possibly be an easy way out should it become blatantly clear along the way that Finodborn was unsuited for the mission.

The dark adhiel coming along made him slightly less enthusiastic, but he had worked with their kin before. It was mostly the leader of the bunch that seemed somewhat of an unpleasant character. A centaur tagging along could just be the ideal opportunity to find out some more. Having some normal Panlings coming along was of course a pleasant thought.

What lifted his mood the most was of course Scatha. He was happy to have relocated her - she had the tendency of being hard to find when she had misplaced herself - and that she - as he had expected - was coming too. He smiled to her as she put forward her candidacy.

He pulled up his shoulders. "I'm ready to go, as it is" he said, after the crowd had left the Hall and he had shuffled along with Scatha. "My name is Finodborn. Pleased to meet you all." He had a good look at each member of the company to see what he could make of them based on their appearance.
Last edited by Finodborn on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha examined her new travelling companions with interest. There were the two adhiel, Iolon and Kelon, not very old, with dark blonde hair and greenish eyes in faces that looked identical; are they twins? she mused to herself.

Then there was Deirdre, who apparently was a Shaper. Scatha's immediate reaction was that there seemed very little point in bringing a potter who shaped clay with them, but then a nagging doubt that shaping had something to do with magic rapped her smartly on the head. Having someone who understood magic was no bad thing, and perhaps Deirdre could help her understand the peculiar ice crystal that the Kona had given her in Trothgard, and which Scatha still carried with her. And even if she was wrong about Shapers, at least they could always rely on Deirdre to make them something to drink cocoa out of.

Scatha had dealt with centaurs before, having briefly led them a small band of them during the War of the One, and she had a healthy respect for their abilities. It was better to have them on your side rather than against you, and for that reason she was glad to have them there.

The dark adhiel was something very new, and Scatha took a long look at him. To be honest, he did looked like a darker version of Iolon and Kelon and Fin, and she was just a little disappointed to discover that he wasn't in the least bit grimy. There was something different about him though, something almost ethereal that set him apart from the other adhiel. Even his name was different. Scatha blinked, realised she was gawking at him like a village idiot starting at a ewe, and returned to the matter in hand.

And, of course, there was Fin. Scatha was glad he was coming; although he seemed very unsure of himself, and had an extremely amusing tendency to go red everytime she pinched him, Scatha was quite sure that if push came to shove he would be as true and as straight as a steel blade. All he needed was a little bit more self belief. She debated briefly whether to pinch him again, decided it might not be a good idea amongst new company - after all, she didn't know whether bottom pinching in front of dark adhiel might be a deadly insult in their culture - and instead clapped her hands shaprly to get their attention.

"And my name is Scatha, Scatha Ashtir. I am from Dort. I am a long way from home, and I have travelled to many places and lands, and in that time I have discovered that there three things that absolutely essential; do we know where we are going, do we know how long it will take, and do we have enough food, water and shelter for the journey there and back?" Scatha had spent enough time wandering through various wildernesses to know the value of hard tack, a full waterskin, a bedroll and a flint and steel to ensure that everyone in the party carried those.

She looked expectantly at the company, especially the centaurs and Ko'sstin; after all, they were the ones seemed to know the most about what they were going to see.
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"We would need to go grab some items." Iolon and Kelon replied as one to the centaur's request. Deirdre laughed at the two and they winked at her and rushed off saying; "We'll be back here in a little bit!"

The centaurs made way as the dark adhiel passed between them quite roughyl and moved to the exit. Some words were exchanged in whispers with Ko'sstin before they departed. He nodded in reply and remained silent, grabbing a stool from the table and sitting down checking a pack that had been stowed beneath the wooden surface.

Sure enough the two brothers, for that was indeed what they were, returned shortly, wielding bows and quivers, wearing a mixture of green and brown tinted leather and linens. Ideal for hunting in the forests of the island. Deirdre had been talking with Dilan, mostly in adhiel concerning the trip through the forest and the centaur meadow.

As far as Finodborn was concerned these people seemed fairly earnest in their appearance. Youthful exuberance within the two brothers was mixed with excitement. Deirdre had the blues and greens in her aura of Shaper magic, which was much stronger in the older Dilan. Scatha was her normal self, the only human in the group which was something most strongly noticed by Ko'sstin, who eyed Scatha with care. Not that he ignored the others, his eyes were vigilant and he was very hard to read, his face a rigid mask betraying no emotion, his aura similarly vague.

Whimsy had settled on his shoulder and seemed to observe the others aswell for a while. When the two brothers returned all eyes turned to the centaurs who had been standing patiently there, talking amongst themselves in their own dialect.

"Good, it seems all are ready then." Paloma looked over the group and smiled. "May Pan's love go with all of you and keep you safe. May it light your path and may his thorns not sting you as you walk the brambled path." She looked at Finodborn specifically as she spoke this last sentence.

"We will go. We have a long trek ahead of us. While we travel the centaur meadow you are to stay near to us at all times, this goes for the forest aswell. We do not want to upset the fae."

Whimsy giggled.

"Nope, wouldn't want that."

OOC: Let's wrap up here. I'll start you off in a new thread shortly, kickstarting you along the way to the island. If you want to do anything specific along the way, PM me, otherwise I'll assume a rather uneventful journey.

Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled and archived. :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Aveas Archive”