War of Coffee - Chyril 27th

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

War of Coffee - Chyril 27th

Post by Grey Wolf »

Initial plotting was done here
https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=14520

Things have happened recently that brought this back into focus and the events have been set in motion in the Citadel, PCs and NPCs moving to get this on track.

The only thing that has changed since that is that I have moved the date forward to the Chyril 27th because the plot has not been implemented yet. I advise you create an event thread and let it roll from there, giving players a chance to choose if they want to get involved, but also make the consequences quite obvious. While I understand we want the players to be able to influence it, I do have to insist it goes as it is listed here at least initially. This is a player initiated plot and has thus already been influenced by the players enough.

Very early morning Lycos will appear on the horizon and land in the Aveas harbor and the majority of its Condotierre contingent will disembark and move to take control of the most important locations in the town. One of thos will be the portal and the governor's office. They could be delayed, but if they manage to take the portal, a contingent of former Purple Guards in IMperial Trade Guild employ will move in to reinforce them. If the portal is not held, they will move to Gulandur instead and emerge under Fort Dusk and move overland to the Aveas.

Situation has changed. Tai Carloni is dead along with several prominent Magisters as well as the Admiral. With World's Mouth closed and under martial law, the official excuse for the action is to protect the Mouth interests and secure the coffee harvest. Marcada's involvement is simply as support to his wife and the troops used will not bear any Guild insignia. They are nothing more than mercenaries in Rosalie's and Ramius' employ. Their true allegiance might slip out accidentally, but I will leave that open to you.

What happens from the point an air frigate appears on the horizon is entirely up to you. But it will be there and the 500 Purple Guardsmen will come through a portal either at Aveas or Gulandur and climb up at Fort Dusk.

Luckily I am sure we can pull this off together and that players will be able to adapt to this shift in the situation and help us mold it into something new and nice.

If you have any questions pertaining to the background or need any help feel free to ask me in a PM.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

I was reading the initial plotting of this back when the idea first arose and the coffee trade was mentioned as a plot line for the isles. As things stand now, there are no players in the major hubs of Aveas (being Aveas city, Seinor or Gulanadur). I am not certain if these plans involve player involvement on the part of the invasion side, in any case the players currently on the isle will be hard pressed to get to these locations in time to resist the incursion.

An event thread for this will be rather empty while both the Mouthie expedition in Ursa and the Seinor away mission have all my players on the 25th at least. Where they will be in two days is anyone's guess ofcourse, but my bet is Ursa, unless Quinlan takes his Condotierre back to Aveas.

All in all I do not think there will be much resistance in Aveas, considering the Mouth has the upper hand there already. If the ship chooses to pick Gulanadur to occupy, they will be in for a couple of nasty surprises aside from the dark adhiel resisting ofcourse...

This should be fun...
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Return to “Aveas Archive”