Land'Ho! (Gate Thread)

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Land'Ho! (Gate Thread)

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Traveling by ship has had it's moments, and one that will alwayss be remembered was when the lookout cried, "Land 'ho!". Several marks later and the harbor master had boarded and the ship had pulled into a berth at a not so busy harbor.

Disembarkment went without much trouble as everyone carried their luggage off board and qued at the guest registration desk where several young scantly clad wood elves stood playing music on various instruments or handing out flower necklaces and hair peices to all new comers to the Isle.

Soon the almond-skinned, doe-eyed youth looks at you and smiles, "Cormamin lindua ele lle." he says as he fondles the long plume of some exotic bird. "May I have your name for the record, and your business on the Isle."
Last edited by Vanir Alfheim on Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Aden got off the ship, hoping that nobody would notice that he hadn't paid to get on it in the first place. Holding all of his belongings close, and trying his best to act calm and nonchalant in the crowds of people, Aden stepped off the deck, his green eyes drinking in the surroundings.

As he moved toward the registration desk, he was surprised when a necklace of flowers was put around his neck. The place seemed rather like an alien world, with its colors, sweet smells, and half naked elves. All things that Aden had heard of, but only in half-believed rumors.

Of course, Aden wasn't about to let off that he was completely culture-shocked. Instead, he did his best to smile at the elf who handed him the necklace, realizing how odd it seemed on top of his drab peasant clothing. Still acting calm, his eyes betrayed his wonder as he looked from place to place, child-like amazement filling them with a twinkle.

When at last his turn had come, Aden looked at the youth who asked him what his name was. Figuring it wasn't that much to ask for a chance at fortune, Aden replied calmly, "My name is Aden O' duran, and I guess you could say that I'm a... street performer." He thought about a better word to use, but finally decided that the title suited his profession just fine.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Excellent opening post, welcome to Pan's Isle, hope you enjoy your stay! :D

IC:

"Welcome to the Isle of Pan and the playground of the Gods Aden. Pan looks kindly upon bards and merry makers of all kinds, your presence will be appreciated here. If you are needing a place to stay the Tinu Tavern is open to all guests, however Pan's Touch is for a clientel of Elves only." He quickly jotted down the information provided by the human and looked up from the roll of parchment in his hand. "So are you just looking to make a name for yourself here O'duran?"

Beyond the gate people milled around doing their afternoon chores. Many were dressed in brightly colored clothing, pinks, blues, and yellows. But, just as many were dressed as Aden was, in normal everyday browns and whites.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Aden nodded in reply to the youth's question.

"Thats the plan, although I can only hope that my skills will be able to buy me my bread in there," he gestured vaguely beyond the gate. "Everyone here seems to be skilled at something, and perhaps I can pick up something from them."

He looked back at the youth and smiled, feeling comfortable suddenly, almost at home amid the color and excitement that seemed to fill the air.

"Thanks for the information about this place. I know I hide it well," he rolled his eyes, "but I'm not exactly from these parts. I can only hope that the apparent tolerance on this island stretches to poor farmers from Dort."
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Pan's arms open wide for everyone with faith and a true heart, though especially so if they have a mischiveous nature." He grinned wickedly. "Alright, you are all set to go then my friend. Merry be your travels upon the soil of the Gods." The man turned from Aden and looked to the person behind him. "Next." He said in a friendly tone while waiting for the new arrival to get along on his voyage.

OOC: You may start a new thread when you are ready.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Raythe Silvus

Re: Land'Ho! (Gate Thread)

Post by Raythe Silvus »

Clutching her bag tightly, Raythe looked around the Isle, grinning quite happily as she saw the musicians playing their instruments with such skill.
She smiled bemusedly as she surveyed the young elves dressed in bright colors, laughing and playing music. It seemed to her as if they were a totally separate species than the demure, cheerless youth of her village.

When the human in front of her moved away from the desk, she stepped forward and smiled at the youth. "Saesa omentien lle!" she said with a smile. "Raythe Silvus, and I'm...." She thought for a moment, contemplatively frowning. "I suppose I'm a musician looking to settle down and find inspiration here."

Glancing to her left at a particularly attractive young male who was handing out flower necklaces, she raised an eyebrow appreciatively. Raythe decided right then and there that she was going to like life on the Isle.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

ooc- Sorry, you seem to have been overlooked. :(

ic- The young man at the desk smiled at Raythe and wrote down the information in his book. He turned back to her and spoke in a cordial voice. "Welcome to Pan's Isle, Miss Silvus. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know."

The attractive elf that had caught her eye walked over and offered her a flower necklace. "Greetings, cousin, and welcome to Pan's Isle. Do you need any assistance finding anything on the isle?"
Last edited by Vanir Alfheim on Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Raythe Silvus

Post by Raythe Silvus »

Raythe grinned, taking the offered flower necklace and putting it around her neck. She smiled slightly at how the exotic, colorful flowers stood out against her dark clothes. Although, in actuality it was more that her dark clothes stood out against the exotic, colorful background...
Adjusting the flower necklace absentmindedly, she turned her attention back to the attractive elf that had spoken to her.

"Nice to meet you." she answered politely. "Is there an inn or tavern nearby where I may rent a room?"
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

The young elf smiled politely at her and nodded. "Yes, there is the Pan's Touch Tavern down that street." The elf pointed in the direction of the famous inn. "There is also the Tinu' Tavern as well over there." The elf pointed once again towards the establishment. "Both are fine choices, but the Pan's Touch is our kind alone, while the Tinu serves humans as well. You are sure to find what you are looking for at either of them." He added to last part with a soft wink.

ooc- You may start a new thread at either one. You will be picked up promptly. :)
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Zander Urya

Post by Zander Urya »

Zander's coal-black hair glimmers in the warm sun as he walked up to the registration desk. The half-elf's dark eyes widened as he stopped there and looked about. His heart began to beat faster, and he did not bother to hide his wonder at this strange land. The birds-- so amazing, colorful, beautiful! He whistled to himself. The elves around him-- the same and yet different from his high-elven kin. They were all so joyful, so raucous, in such attention-grabbing, adventurous clothing, the kinds that made a slight tinge of pink spread across his pale, high cheekbones. Never before had he seen so many people in one place, at one time, except on the ship, and those weren't nearly so attention-grabbing. What an amazing sight this is! he thought. He'd never seen wood-elves, humans, or dwarves before at home, except in books, since he mostly stayed in his mother's house, but lo! soon he would see every one of those, and perhaps even all together. Now, then, pull it together. You'll see much greater sights then this in your days here! he told himself.

He walked to the wood-elf. "I am called Zander Urya. I hail from Kislovan, and I come to Pan's Isle to seek adventure, and begin my life away from home," he said in his blunt tone. He wasn't very socially developed yet, for his age, for he'd spent most of his childhood at home. Then he realized he had to specify his race; confusion often followed him in that category. "I'm a half-elf," he added quietly.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

"Welcome Cousin," the tanned male elf looked up and smiled warmly before making notes of the information in the record book.

"You will find much in our fair city to do and see. You will want to check into one of our inns, Pan's Touch or Tinu' Tavern. Pan't Touch Inn will be found down this way," he absentmindedly gestured to a path behind him to his right.

"You'll only find other elves there. Tinu' Tavern is off down that way," he gestured again " and you'll find an assortment of elves, humans and everything else," he grinned broadly displaying dazzling white teeth against his tanned skin.

"Merry be and enjoy your time on our blessed isle!" he winked as a female approached Zander standing on her toes reaching up with a ring of brightly colored flowers. The waves of long brown hair smelled faintly sweet and fruity and her dark brown eyes sparkled in a playful smile as she leaned against him for balance and slipped the flowers over his head.

"Welcome to our isle," she said, her voice sounding faintly of music before she kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Is there anything else we can help you with Cousin?" she smiled brightly as she lowered down off her toes still standing very close to the half-elf.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Zander Urya

Post by Zander Urya »

Zander's eyebrows arched and he said, "No, thank you, Cousin. I need nothing else." He was surprised at the wood-elf's kiss. They do it to everyone, old fool, he thought. He tugged at the straps of his pack, easing it so it hung from his arms, not his shoulders. "I think I'd like to go to Tinu Tavern." Suddenly he chuckled. "Would you believe that until I travelled on the boat, I'd never seen a human?" He sighed. "This place will take some getting used to."

He glanced over to the ocean, and saw the sunlight glinting on the water. He turned back and saw the smiling elves, smelled the flowers on his neck, and felt the warm wind ruffle his hair. "But I believe I will like it here," he said, and the corner of his red mouth turned up in a half-smile.
Last edited by Zander Urya on Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Giggling, the petite elf brushed against Zander. "Oh humans can be so funny. Sometimes you just never know what they are going to do," she looked up into the new arrival's face and beamed a cheerful smile at him.

"I'm Liv'ya. Can I show you to the Tinu, Zander? Perhaps I can help you settle in," she giggled again and waited for his reply, still not moving from her very close proximity to the young half-elf.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Zander Urya

Post by Zander Urya »

"Liv'ya." He smiled to himself. It sounded like just the sort of alluring, mischiveous name a Panling should have. "I like that name," he said, thinking of nothing else intelligent to say. He glanced out into the distance, the slight wind still blowing the scent of the flower necklace into his nostrils. The smell made him slightly dizzy. "Humans are funny, you say? Well, I guess I should know, as I'm half-human myself!"

He smiled again, at her this time. Rare, it was, for Zander to be doing all this smiling. I suppose it's the flowers, he thought. Or perhaps it's just Pan, casting his spell on the visitors to his island. He downcast his eyes at the thought. He had chosen Pan for a god, yes. The fanciful, pleasureable lives the Panlings led had enticed him right away. But now when it came to it, it made his cheeks burn to think of experiencing some of Pan's mischiefs. In the half-elven time scheme, he was still young. But in the elven time scheme, he was younger still. Perhaps too young to be on Pan's Isle, and to mingle with Panlings and eat their foods and drink their drinks. Certainly too young to experience Pan's Joy.

He blushed, but inwardly he shrugged.

"I'd love for you to show me to the Inn, Liv'ya."
Last edited by Zander Urya on Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Giggling, the petite elf took his arm and started down the path towards the Tinu Tavern, chattering away wondering how long he was staying on the isle and what had brought him to the isle followed by a narrative on things to do on the island, beyond the obvious. As the approached the inn, she nodded and smiled at a couple of females leaving the tavern.

OOC: Okay... you can reply to this post.. answering her questions. Then this story jumps to the thread titled Tinu Tavern. I will finish this post there and then the tavern mod will pick you up. :)
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Zander Urya

Post by Zander Urya »

ooc: thanks!

Zander walked in step with her, his soft boots padding on the ground. "Well, Liv'ya, I'll be staying on the isle... for a while, I suppose. I guess I wanted to see the world. The world other than Kislovan. And I supposed Pan's Isle was a location that was, indeed, very different than Kislovan. I like it here so far; I suppose I may purchase a small home, for I have no plans to leave."

After that was said, Zander simply followed the elf wherever she was going, and nodded and smiled at what she said. What an interesting place this was!

And before he knew it, they were at the tavern.
Sardith

Sardith

Post by Sardith »

Sardith steps off the ship and looks towards the sun. The sun burned his hazel eyes as he looked away quickly. He hadn't seen the sun in so long, mostly because he stayed under the deck. His tan skin had gotten more pale then it was when he got on the ship. He looks around as his cloak and his brown braided hair blows in the wind. He notices the person at the counter and walks towards her smiling. He waits to be called on as the wood elfs play their instuments next to him.
Thomas Greenleaf

Post by Thomas Greenleaf »

As Thomas stepped off the ship, he admired the beauty of the isle. The sun was out, the tree's were green and the flowers were in full bloom. It was a warm day. He started walking. He didn't know where he would go, or how he would get there, but he knew what he was going to do. Make his family proud.

He went to the guest desk. He chuckled and waited in line.
Last edited by Thomas Greenleaf on Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Aveas Archive”