The Houses of Gulanadur

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Torigm Khace

The Houses of Gulanadur

Post by Torigm Khace »

The Noble Houses

Each noble house is ruled by a matron, the females always head the houses’’ of the nobles. Though many appoint figureheads, to keep themselves behind the scenes.

The noble are better grounded in nature than the merchants. Though they do consider themselves a step above the rest of the underground, still they realize that they are at the mercy of the people as much as the people are to them. They rarely seek out the company of others, besides merchants whom they hold political ties with, however they hold who ever is allegiance with them in high regards. In fact, they often look for gifted souls outside of their houses as civil servants (often called acquiring ‘‘Good Blood’’); this of course is not to show their kind hand to the commoners, but to strengthen their own house. If the ’’good blood’’ shows themselves loyal and outstanding at what they do, a form of adoption is taken place, no matter how old, where the servant has the option of taking the last name of the noble house, and be considered a noble to the average elf, however, this is something that some houses disapprove of and rarely do, and most ’’good blood’’ is never treated as well as true nobles. The gestures is more of a honor in most cases, as simple chambermaids and butlers of long tenure and old age are often granted the noble name, shortly before death or after retirement.

Notes:
The noble houses meet on occassion to make decisions on important matters that affect the structure of Gulanadur. They are due to be called for a meeting based on the petitions of the Merchant house of Tuwa who has existed nearly as long as the house of Ach-Lunari. While the Ach-Lunari and Tuwa never saw eye to eye, there is a mutual respect, and Ach-Lunari is in favor of letting the Merchant house be recognized as a Noble house. But there will be many deals cut between many well to do families in Gulanadur before it officially happens.

And perhaps once it happens, the Merchant House of Tuwa, proclaimed Noble House of Tuwa, will have an open door party for the many peoples of Gulanadur.
Torigm Khace

The Noble House of Devir

Post by Torigm Khace »

The Noble House of Devir

As stated is the reigning house of Gulanadur, and holds the most members. Extensive coordination of trade with Dort has helped to keep them in power. However, the new mysterious pact, that lets the elves of the underground surface more, has brought them more power, and a sudden influx of trade offers.

The house worships Molten and so does their ally, Maerret.

Notes:
Both Devir and Maerret understand the trades necessary to maintain their current status. Only through careful considerations do you try to be number one. Better to be in the number two slot as a merchant house with the number one noble house as a backer than to be nothing.

Devir uses its influence to trade with Maerret, Elamshin, D'Altamooriana, and the reawakened Tuwa.

Once all the pieces fell back into place, The Noble House of Devir, was still the reigning house. Though it was the reigning house before the darkness began to rise, it did not simply use tenacity to hold on. It aligned itself with the second most powerful merchant, The House of Maerret. After negations were finished, the rest of the houses took their places for the time.

The matron of the Noble House of Devir then, cleaned up there own house by exiling the eldest feuding sons Marckarious and Erwin von zu Dort Billigh believing that the two were making the House look weak. Soon, after that, it is believed that the Matron Devir made a deal that truly vaulted them into the forefront. The deal is most mysterious, and many believe it has to do with beings on the surface, for elves of Devir are making to surface in once unheard of numbers, as well as other elves who could not surface before except through secret means.

Matron Devir has now used this power surge to put her eldest daughter, Ser'raquine Devir, into position of Queen of Gulanadur. Many estimate her to be too young to hold the position of power, but Ser’raquine is a tremendously gifted young elf, with a dedication to Gulanadur that is unmatched.

Ser'raquine is gifted in Mindcraft and Stone Shaping. These natural talents were fostered wisely bt the Matron and when she comes of age, within months, Gulanadur will change. The Noble Houses will suffer a restructuring that they have never seen. The basin is to be dropped out and a new Tier will form below, and above, the most noble, the Queen Ser'raquine will place glass in her heavens and light will shine upon the queendom. Power will begin to reign supreme.
Torigm Khace

The Noble House of Scha’mur

Post by Torigm Khace »

The Noble House of Scha’mur

The second most powerful noble house, worshipping Anasati they are starting to regain power, as the Temple of Anasati, has mysteriously resurrected itself, and it’s group of followers grow more in numbers and dedication.

The house gains its power from its alchemists, who develop poisons, and drugs of all types, that are sold on the Bazaar. The poisons and addictive drugs are the finest in Gulanadur, and perhaps the world, and is what gives the house the power it holds.

The Noble House of Scha’Mur, is aligned with the merchants house, Elamshin.

Notes:
The Temple of Anasati sends Xipin frequently to the House of Scha'mur. There she has created one of her kind in the Matron's youngest daughter. The Matron is well pleased but does not wish to receive the gift of Anasati herself. Her time should pass and her youngest daughter in time will gain all the power of the current matron and her three elder sisters as they run the house wisely. Then the youngest will take the wisdom of them all and with the blessing of Anasati, take control of Gulanadur, and from there, the seven isles, and then the world.

The House of Scha'Mur has cut back as much as possible is any illicit business that might upset other Noble Houses and rival merchant houses to Elamshin. While they have tried to counsil Elamshin as much as possible in these matters, the pride of the Merchant House may be their downfall.

Consequently, Scha'Mur is fostering the welfare of a very small merchant establishment, should the need arise to shift there attentions away from Elamshin and turn the blind eye to their fate. The turmoil that exists within the house of Elamshin is whispered about in family meetings. Xipin, does not look well towards Elamshin from her vantage point, and may try to seek the destruction of the Merchant house to make way for the other which also favors Anasati and seems much more willing to be grunts.
Torigm Khace

The Noble House of Ach-Lunari

Post by Torigm Khace »

The Noble House of Ach-Lunari

This the oldest house of Gulanadur, and it holds the oldest citizen in Gulanadur as well, Matron Ach-Lunari. These households high respect amongst the commoners as the house worships the Moonlady, the main deity of Gulanadur.
The house deals in most moral of aspects: medicines, healing, and has been known to take in those downtrodden, that are worshippers of the Moonlady.

For this, at times they are sensed as weak, but with respect of the average citizen at their side, none would dare make an attack on them, without a death wish, or a plan of ingenious proportions.

They are allied with the strongest of merchant houses, D`Altamooriana, who also worships the Moonlady.

Notes:
Of particular note, the House of Ach-Lunari, is a secret backer of the Dark Knights and of the Hunter's Guilds. They has kept secret for generations their knowledge of the magicks of prophecy. They train select sons of the family in this gift and record their fortunes in various tomes that they keep hidden within the walls of the house.

These tomes are not great in number and they are always in riddle and rhyme. Whatever leaves the future open for interpretation. This is the principle reason that Ach-Lunari has survived so long. They plan ahead and try to build their House not just physically but spiritually. There is not much arguing within the house and the symbols of the Moonlady are present everywhere, by themselves or woven into designs.

Ach-Lunari sees many coming wars but they talk about this with no one. Instead they try to use the predispositions of the other houses to further their own goals. The Army of the dark Adhiel would best serve as a line of defense against the rising darkness within and outside of the city, though other noble house and merchant houses would like to see the army conquer the realms.

Matron Ach-Lunari has held council with Moonlady and a couple of other dieties. She is vying for the attentions of the pantheon in the hopes that she may one day walk the moonlight path and sit amongst the heavens. While she has a great deal of time left inside of her, the prophecies grow ever stronger towards the darkness and time may not be what claims her, her noble family, Gulanadur, or indeed, all of Tazlure.
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

The Merchant Houses

Merchants belonging one of the three merchant houses, hold themselves high above the commoners for the most part. Merchants see themselves as the royals of commerce, leaving the next household to their most capable offspring, which can lead to much inner tension. Adding to that tension is the hired hands, most of them just work for the house with as servants, though merchant houses often need the help of the highly educated, thus adding another party to vie for the head of a merchant house.

The merchant houses rely mostly on the nobles, to coordinate the innovations of goods, and the merchant houses handle the selling, and maintaining of the market. They do like to think themselves independent of noble houses, but without their support, the merchant houses would just become aspects of the noble houses. A task, the nobles feel would be more of a burden, thus they allow the existence of the merchant houses. Of course, none of the merchant houses see it this way.

Notes:
An old but not very active Merchant House, The House of Tuwa, seeks to be admitted into the status of Nobility. Tuwa has a pecularity in their mannerisms, in that they allow no one to wear shoes within their house. The reason for this is a special lining on the floor that rising up through the soles of a walkers feet to hinder violent tendencies. Unfortunately this also hinders ambitions, which accounts for the drop in the merchant house's activity.

Over a long period of time however the members of the merchant house have developed an immunity to the chemical of the stone and so, seeks once again to regain their position amongst the ranks of Gulanadur and feel that their age as a Gulanadir establishment gives them the right to be considered Nobility.

As a Merchant house, Tuwa deals in contact poisons, calming medications and herbs, and a special rope woven of the threads of the deep worms.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The House of D'Altamooriana

The strongest house of merchants it is back to full force, after a fire, which claimed many of its core family members (still unknown if this was attack or not). D`Altamooriana deals a great deal in arms distribution, dealing with all guilds except the Assassin’s Guild directly. Most of there average weapons can be found at the bazaar, but it one must pay a visit to the house itself, to find the truly exotic weapons they are known for. In the respect of weapons, this house does act independently from its noble alliance. However, they do work in conjunction with Ach-Lunar, with producing magic potions, scented oils, and other delicacies produced from the unique and various mushrooms of Gulanadur.

This House is aligned with the Noble House of Ach'Lunari and are followers of the faith of the Moonlady.

Notes:
D'altamooriana is pulling back in its distribution of weapons in the bazaar to supply the Nobles and the Dark Knights guild with weapons for the Army of Gulanadur. The special weapons section of the house has been quicikly rebuilt in order to continue their development of fusing magicks with steel.

One development is the special black metal that cleaves through stone. Tophin, the Dark Knight, is the only Dark Knight currently carrying one of those blades. Very few others exist and they lay within the walls of the Merchant House. Other blades with very special properties are kept under magickal guard within the house. Should any of these blades get out the merchant house will stop at nothing to retrieve the blades. The head of the merchant house sees these are works of art that need to stay within the family and only go out to the most loyal of their people and the dearest of their friends.

A thief from the mages guild had infiltrated the house and made off with several items. One of these items was the Nether Stone which the Mage's guild keeps very close and is the focus of another series of plots. D'altamooriana however doesn't want to draw attention to that very precious loss, but once its location is revealed, they will seek to retrieve the item. Other things such as helms, swords, gloves, etc. were taken and the house seeks to reclaim these items. Some have found their way out of Gulanadur and so the Hunter's Guild may be employed to retrieve these items. Within the city, other means are employed to recover them.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The House of Maerret

This house has the masonry business cornered, though masonry in Gulanadur is much different than any human would go about it. The elves use magic, to reshape the stone, never taking away from it, or adding to it. In an environment such as this, this skill is highly sought after, making House Maerret a fierce competitor with D`Altamooriana.

Still, it is not enough to compete with weapons flow that D`Altamooriana creates, however, they gaining on them fast with their ties to The Noble House of Devir, and there new found dabbling in alchemy. Both Maerret and Devir pay homage to Molten.

Notes:
The development of stone forged weapons is a front to try and preoccupy the house of A'altamorriana. Maerret's true development are the living stones guards that they have developed to maintain thier Manor grounds. These statues move only at selected times of day and never under the eye of anyone obviously watching. Fashioned to look like any random dark adhiel, these living dark stones are an awe inspiring site.

Maerret tried to keep the stone magicks away from the Mage's Guild and refuses to do any business with the guild. Thei protect their items with enchantments that break down along with the item shoud the goods come in contact with Mage Guild grounds. While the stone shaping magicks can be found throughout Gulanadur, only Maerret has refined the skills to produce works of art. The common skills can only roughly shape stone and move it to build buildings. Maerret however is always called into apply finishes to building and to rebuild.

In fact a stone shaper from the House of Maerret was called in to assist in the rebuilding of the house of D'Altamooriana, but was kept under constant and careful scrutiny. It is the rebuilding of the temple of Anasati that has confused the House of Maerret however and they seek to somehow find the mage that accomplished the incrediful feat, as they do not believe that Anasati is still alive or that devine intervetion rebuilt the temple.

The Temple however was rebuilt by Babin who at first only dabbled in the mysteries of Stone Shaping and once his Vampirism took hold, his endurance for such strenuous tasks enabled him to perform amazing feats in stone shaping. Stone shaping magicks require both strength and endurance for large tasks and for small task as well with the addition of incredible focus.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The House of Elamshin

The most decadent of all houses, they deal with greatly with hallucinatory mushroom, and their derivates, poisons, and are always more than happy to train a make-shift assassin for hire. This house feeds on turmoil, making their status of power hard to judge. Other merchant houses cannot figure out what exactly keeps them from bankruptcy besides its noble relations, but they do seem to enjoy a limited amount of prosperity.

The House of Elamshin has aligned itself with The Noble House of Scha’Mur. Among their numbers the wordhip of Anasati is prime.

Notes:
The House of Tuwa used to be the biggest rivals of the House of Elamshin. Elamshin, though decadent, did not make the mistakes that Tuwa did. Tuwa seeks first to take up the house of Elamshin under their wing in their rise to nobility. Tuwa will seek to change the young minds of Elamshin in such a way to both support them and to change their way of thinking to the Tuwa way of thinking.

The elders of the house of Elamshin are aware of this subtle change in the atmoshpere of Gulanadur but their inability to pass on knowledge to their youth because of their own grasping insecurities of letting go of power. The House of Elamshin however has one thing that other houses so not, access to a personal Harbour. The magicks of Elamshin are kept under very close guard and only given to those who are willing to keep the old ways.

The magick of Elamshin is that through an underground harbour, the merchants are able to transport ships to and from the surface and deal with pirates and select cities on the Eastern Empire's shores. In return they get wealth to maintain their status and soil from the Eastern Empire to develop their mushrooms and flora from the Eastern Empire to experiement with.

Return to “Aveas Archive”