A Most Eventful Day...(Chyril 25th ET)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Reim Ceoruth
Civus

A Most Eventful Day...(Chyril 25th ET)

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

The loss of the assassin and the acquisition of the knife had left Reim feeling confused and slightly annoyed. He had been running around after people all day and still had no word from Claudio which made him wonder if he had made a fatal mistake in letting him go in order to clear his name, “I wonder what the cargo was that he told me to tell Granger about…Maybe I should check it out…” He remembered that that the “cargo” was supposed to be at the three foxes pier, “I think I’ll go see what’s going down maybe the Jack Ketch is a ship which is or will son be arriving at the docks…”

The sky had turned into a blanket of darkness with the myriad pinholes of light shining brightly upon it. The streets were beginning to become quiet as people moved indoors and Reim suspected that those who were always up to no good, like himself, would soon come crawling out of whatever shadows in which they dwelled. The Achadhiel pulled his hood over his head and paced the cobblestone street and with his face obscured from any prying eyes he began to head towards the pier, “If this Jack Ketch is a ship then maybe the assassin will be there…hmmm… still, I need to get to the bottom of this whole assassin problem, I mean c’mon the woman’s no novice!! Who exactly is she working for?”

The day had been long and this knife had been the only clue that he had managed to get all day. Considering that he had only been employed by Jubal that same day he figured that it was far too late to go back to the Citadel and get a job there because not only was he getting deeper and deeper into this tale of conspiracy his heart wouldn’t let him drop the case without knowing the final truth. Whether or not finding that truth meant death would depend on how carefully he treaded and that was where the Pantheon came in, they had had his back this far and he felt certain that they wouldn’t let him down now, “Pantheon, I humbly ask you once again for guidance and protection. Help me to find this assassin and whoever she is working for, help me to prove Claudio’s innocence, help me to find out the truth about this intricate plot of intrigue…And I pray that you keep me alive through it and after it…”

The prayer was heartfelt and it somehow helped to boost his confidence for he knew that without the Pantheon he wouldn’t have made it this far in life for he had been at tips of death’s fingers before and he certainly didn’t want to return to that place, “Maybe I should have joined the army…but I hear there are even thicker webs of rumour and conspiracy there…” He sighed and gave a light curse in Achadhiel, looking around from beneath his hood and the shadows it cast over his face the Achadhiel continued on to his destination.
Last edited by Reim Ceoruth on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Must be the pharisee in tune with his soul....
Group E
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

ooc: for regulation purposes, we'll set the date for this thread at Chyril 25th ET.

IC:
As Reim arrived at the docks, most of it's workers were already gone. Home, away from those shadowdwellers that would make their living hard if they left their homes unprotected. Lanterns lit up the docks and the warehouses. Now and then a dockworkers came by, carrying cases or rolling barrels, grumbling some sort of hello to the stranger.

The office of the harbormaster was well lit, and two men sat inside, playing cards by the look of it.

Several ships lay in the harbor, some small vessels that were used to patrol the waters around Dort, a few traders, a number of fishing boats, and some that didn't seem to have a clear purpose here. Except for the fishing boats, the crews laid low, either in town or in their quarters, and only a few stayed on deck as lookouts. The names of the ships could't be made out in the darkness unless Reim would take a closer look.

A drunk sailor came towards the achadhiel. "Would ye *hic* spare a few *hic* coins fme t'drink?" he said, his hand missing Reim's shoulder as he tried to grab hold of it. His breath smelled of whiskey and would've surely done no good to any small animal it got into contact with.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

“I can’t see anything in this darkness and if I get any closer the lookouts might have a bit of a problem with that…” His nose wrinkled at the smell of the man’s breath, “Ergh, not as bad as Bills breath…but damn…” The achadhiel watched the drunk man for a moment and decided to use his intoxication potentially against him. A slightly menacing smile broke out on Reims face revealing a good set of white teeth which shone in contrast to the shadow over his face,

“What's your name? I’ll give you enough coins for two drinks if you can tell if you can recognize this knife and if you can tell me if there’s a ship here named The Jack Ketch….”

He took out the sheathed knife and showed it to the man whilst making sure that he couldn’t grab the blade to use against him. With mans name Reim was increasing the amount links he had to use wether it be dropping his name to other people to get information or even using him as some sort of information gatherer.
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The sailor tried to regain his balance. "I be *hic* Marcko t'ye, *hic* me lad!" he said, his voice loud and kind of proud as his eyes closed and rolled as he tried to concentrate on the knife Reim showed him.

Marcko's eyes widened as his jaw dropped and his face went pale. The sailor looked from the knife to Reim with fear in his eyes. "The Gods be with you lad... May Ithrainne and Krynsatis be with you...", shaking his head, a hand pointing faint at the achadhiel. "J-jack K-ketch is a-coming... I need to warn me mates. We be out of port tonight! Go home, lad, go home. Don't take it to us. You be cursed. You hear me?! CURSED!" he stammered and quickly stumbled away towards a far away pier.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim looked at slightly wide eyed and confused, “What do you mean by cursed? Who or what is the Jack Ketch?!” Reim yelled at the top of his voice, “Cursed?! He needs to answer my questions…” Reim attempted to catch up to the man, “Explain yourself!! What do you mean by cursed?! Who or what is the Jack Ketch?! Tell me!!” Reim wasn’t joking any more, the only thing he’d gotten from the man was that he needed to go home and that he was cursed, the man didn’t even take the money that Reim was going pay him, “If he doesn’t tell me anything I‘ll head back to the Mill, maybe someone there will know something…”

This whole situation started with him being employed by Jubal, then someone tried to assassinate Jubal, then he had to chase the assassin and fail in capturing her twice and now he’s cursed by the knife that she dropped, this day seemed to be getting more and more strange, “I wouldn’t be surprised if some random undead pirates started looking for because I have their knife that will allow them to pass into the next world or something stupid like that….dead people are always doing stuff like that…they’re so weird…”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

"Sir?" Reim heard coming from behind him. "Can I help you? I see you're not from around here." the voice said and walked into view of Reim. It was a big, burly man. By the looks of it he was wealthy enough, wearing big leather boots, a clean pair of brown pants and a fine shirt tucked into his belt. He was wearing varying pieces of jewelry and the long sword at his side made the picture complete.

"I kind of overheard part of your conversation and if I may be so free, I'd recommend not to shout that name off the docks that loud again. You see... sailors fear pirates. Pirates have their own fears... and sailors fear those fears even more. Y'know, youngling, join me into my office and we'll talk there, unless you are sure you want to do it right here, out in the open where everyone might hear us. I'm not superstitious and put aside my beliefs many years ago." he continued.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim turned around and quickly analysed the man. The only other person that he had seen looking groomed and somewhat refined was Jubal but even he paled in comparison to the man who stood in front him. Jewellery, fine clothes and a blade to match, “I wonder if he does business around here...” Reim was slightly hesitant about the man as he didn’t need to get himself into an even stickier situation with Jubal especially since he had let Jubal escape.

For awhile he stood there pondering on whether or not to follow the man. Over the past few days he had been chasing assassins and in some cases trying to keep his head safely upon his head but on the other hand he didn’t want to end up fighting pirates who were, possibly, undead, “Cursed?! So the Assassin was carrying around a cursed knife, what for?!!”

A dejected look came over his face, “Alright, lets go back to yours to discuss this…but no funny business…” He began to walk, “Who are you by the way?”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The man started walking away from Reim and pointed towards the harbormaster's office. "Nathan. Nathan Keller, to be exact, but please call me Nate. I'm the harbormaster." he said. The lamps were still burning bright and where there were two persons before, there were none anymore now.

As the achadhiel entered the office, he saw a table with two chairs. A little hearth which had an open space above it to warm keep food or drinks warm. Several maps adorned the walls next to the windows. Most were specifically for nautical journeys and there were two that depicted the stars in the sky. Obviously it must be important to sailors. A cabinet stood at the back wall with several drawers and doors and some papers and envelopes lying on top of it.

"Have a chair, lad. Care to join me for tea?" he said, pouring hot liquid into one of two mugs he had taken out of the cabinet. Not really listening, he poured a mug for Reim, whether he wanted it or not. As Nate sat down, he looked at Reim, his deep brown eyes trying to bore into Reim's. "Mind to show me the knife, lad? I won't bore you with my tales, for I've been a sailor for many a years. I quit though as I grew older and had a family here in Dort. Knowing many sailors and captains, I was offered to be assistent harbormaster some three yahren ago. One yahren later, the former harbormaster passed on and I took his place."

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim had a seat in the chair and handed the knife over to Nate. Reim took a small sip of tea that the man had poured him mainly out of politeness. He felt the liquid heat trickle down his throat and into his stomach giving him a warm, comforting feeling which spread from his gut to the rest of his body, “Mmmm, I should drink tea more often…”

He relaxed slightly and pulled the hood of his tunic off of his head. He hadn’t been in a relaxed environment since he had started working for Jubal and so the change in atmosphere felt good even though he was probably going to be thrust back into the chase, the danger and the intrigue at any moment, “Nathan…What did you mean when you said that pirates have their own fears? If they rule the seas what do they have to be afraid of? And does that knife have anything to do with any pirates because I got it off of some woman…” Reim took another quick sip of his tea and sighed, “I best not give too much away since he might react unpleasantly if he finds out that I’m working for Jubal….”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Nathan smiled as the young rogue tried the tea. "It's good, ain't it? A friend of mine brought it over from the East." he said and took a good look at Reim as he pulled off the hood.

"So... a half-blood eh? Not bad... not bad at all. Ye got the best of both yer lines. And that be very good for sailors. Although you guys could use a bit of extra strength." he remarked pointing towards Reim's arms.

Nathan, having taken the knife from the achadhiel as it was offered, took his first look at it now. Both sides seemed to be inspected inch by inch. Then the young man's question hauled his mind back to reality. "Pirates have their fears, lad. They might rule the seas and they might scare all those who live on the shoreside, but there is one thing they fear... Jack Ketch." he said, pausing dramatically long. "When a pirate is killed in a battle, all will say he died honourable, for as far as pirate code and ethics go. However, when convicted by the captain of their boat, or as prisoners, whenever they have to walk the plank and get fed to the sharks, that's when Jack Ketch shows up. He's Death... he's the Hangman. Whatever one does is good for them, but if a family hears their beloved has been taken by Jack Ketch, their was no glory, no honour. Just death." he continued, looking straight in the eyes of Reim.

"Where did you get that knife, son? You'll be safe here, but I can't guarantee it anywhere else. The knife... well, the boat means nothing, and it sure is a pirate's dagger. However the text... this person is delivering death as a trade, possibly having survived a death sentence. I don't know the one behind this, but it's best to steer right away from it, son. Toss the knife into the deep blue and don't think about it again." he said, placing it tip down into the top of the table.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim nodded in approval to the notion of the tea being good, “The East?! What’s it like?!” He was interested to know as he had only heard rumours and whisperings about the place and even they were ambiguous.

As the man pointed down to his arms Reim frowned slightly, “My arms aren’t small…in fact I have a build that most humans could only dream of…hmph…”T hough he certainly wasn’t as stocky as some humans he still had a fair bit of muscle on him, more so than his adhiel brothers anyway.

Reim looked at the knife stuck upright in the middle of the table, “I don’t quite understand, is this Jack Ketch a supernatural thing? As that’s what you seem to be implying, after all how does someone or something show up where ever a pirates about to have his or her life ended? And even if I have the knife it’s not as if it will be able to find me right?” He paused for a moment and continued,

“As for where I got the knife, an assassin tried to kill a friend of mine, she dropped it while I was going after. She got away though I need to find her to find out why she tried to kill him but maybe this Jack Ketch has out a price on his head or whatever. She’s proving most elusive so I must find her before she gets him…or at least tries to again...Also why exactly would I be safe and not necessarily elsewhere?”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

"Hah! I knew you were gonna ask that, young man. I can't tell you myself, but there are sailors around here who have been there. They bring odd stuff though, but the tea... there's nothing better than the tea from the East. Magnificent. I couldn't do without it these days." Nathan said and took a gulp of his own steaming liquid.

"Jack Ketch... some say he's real, some say he doesn't exist. Some claim to have seen him just before a sailor went into the water, others say he pulled them down faster. I can not tell you whether or not he is real, supernatural or non-existant. I have never seen him with my own eyes. For heaven's sake it might be a fairy tale. However, if you meet a pirate or an ex-pirate, ask him, they usually have the tales you want." the harbormaster told Reim. "It probably will not find you. I guess it's a pirate's knife. A way to scare other pirates. Or just to tell them they will soon be dead."

"Here you are safe, my son, because nothing enters these doors without my permission. And I'll put up a better fight than most of those gangmembers when it comes to it. Outside this shabby hut I can't promise anything about your safety. I hope your hunt will be well, maybe you should try to take a look around at the crews of the ships docked. She might be among them, you never know. Jack Ketch is a sailors and pirates belief when it comes down to it..."

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim listened to Nathan’s words carefully, the man seemed sure of what he was saying which was convincing Reim with each passing moment, “Alright, I’ll go out and check the docks to see if I can pick up any information about the assassin.” Reims picked up the knife from the table and placed it back in its sheath, he strapped the knife onto the underside of his forearm with the hilt facing outwards after all if anything happened he could use it as a hidden weapon.

Pulling the sleeve of his tunic down the achadhiel looked at Nathan with his shocking blue eyes, “If things do get a little hairy, you wouldn’t mind me coming back here would you?” Reims elf-like yet rugged features took on a more boyish look, “It certainly helps to have several places to retreat to in what I’m getting involved in…” The other place he was talking about was the Mill…

As he began to leave Reim smiled at the man, “Thanks for the tea, maybe we can discuss some more stuff next time.” He opened the door and left almost like a boy running home, “I wonder if the Waterstreet members are wondering where I am as I have been gone for awhile…but now to the task at hand…” Pulling his hood up once again Reim stalked off down the docks keeping his eyes and ears open, “Pantheon, I beg of you, deliver this assassin into my hands and shield me from all harm…make me the paragon of your will and the archetype of what it is to be both human and adhiel.”

Reim watched for any sign of his target and any noise which could alert him to danger or to his lead. “Nate said that she might be amongst the crews of the docked ships, so I trust that the gods will come through for me…”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Nathan pondered for a moment, his steaming mug resting in his hand. He then answered Reim's question. "Yes, you be most welcome here, my friend. However, do not dare to come here while you are being hunted and followed. I will not get in the fray for you if you endanger me knowingly. Understood?"

As Reim left for the docks again, Nathan stood in the doorway looking at the departing young man, the tea still in his hand, the light behind him emphasizing his silhouette. Finally, after half a burn the door closed once again.

Several ships lie moored in the docks, all with nice female names. The Angelina, the Joan, the Mary Anne, nothing out of the normal spectrum. As Reim walked past them, there was nothing to noted out of the ordinary, only a few men on the ships deck and that was it. Passing the Mary Anne however, seeing still more boats docked, he heard the sound of voices nearing from afar. The group of voices had a low timbre and was singing aloud.

"Shiver me timbers and shiver me soul
Yo Ho He Ho!
These are men whose hearts are as black as coal
Yo Ho He Ho!

And we sailed our ship 'cross the oceans so blue
Captain Skipster with his cutthroat crew!
No darker tale has ever been told
Of a pirates great love of treasure and gold!"
Last edited by Adanedhel on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

“I don’t like the sound of that…” the song that these men were singing certainly made Reim’s imagination run wild to an extent. The lyrics made it seem that these men were certainly not a group that you would want to run into without your group of men backing you up and considering how Reim only competent at handling weapons there was no way that he would be able to defend himself properly and effectively should he come under attack from more than one of them,

“Shadows!! They’re always good!!

Quickly diverting his route Reim headed towards one of the nearby building which was bathed in shadows. He pressed himself up against the building watched for the oncoming singing troupe of sailors or, worse than that, pirates.

"Don't see me, don't see me, don't see me..."
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

There were loads of places Reim could find that suited his needs and shadows he did find. In front of one of the buildings were some large crates, stacked high enough to hide a horse behind. As the voices came nearer, the achadhiel could see a group of men, fronted by a lone, lanky woman. Some of them were passing around bottles, now and then drinking from them. The direction they headed for was loaded with houses of ill repute. Among them, the Scandalous Seamonster.

As they passed the crates, none of them turned their heads or made any other movement that would indicate that Reim had been seen. An odour of sweat mixed with whiskey filled the air behind them. The group was still singing, and by the looks of it, they were no sailors either.

All of them were dressed very light. Only a shirt and a pair of trousers. Some wore boots and a few were barefooted even. They weren't armed as far as Reim could see from his hiding place. The group consisted of ten, maybe twelve men. They walked on, turning into a street between two warehouses.

As Reim could see the lights on several ships had been doused by now, but there were still a few sailors to be seen on the decks.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim watched as the troupe of pirates marched down the docks. The woman caught his attention though he couldn’t quite tell if that was the woman that he was looking for, after all he hadn’t even seen his targets face but at that moment the female pirate seemed to be the most likely candidate, “There are still a few sailors about so I could go ask them some questions and see if she’s lurking around here but then again maybe I should follow them as there’s no way some random woman could lead a group rough and tumble pirates like that without having some sort of reputation…”

As the lights on the ships were doused the area was becoming increasingly dark and it was these conditions which made it favourable for Reim to follow the group. He waited several moments and then crept from his hiding place, from beneath the hood of his tunic he looked both ways ensuring that there weren’t anymore pirates heading his way and then set off after them at a casual pace so that he didn’t look suspicious or as though he was after someone.

The smell of sweat lingered in the air and at times he found himself holding hus breath for a few short seconds to save himself from discomfort, “Whiskey and sweat don’t do any favours for one’s body odour…” He sighed somewhat exasperatedly as his hunt seemed to throw up new leads just when he was beginning to near a dead end. He kept the group in sight but made sure that he was just far enough to not be heard by them and if his keen achadhiel eyes spotted them turning towards him he would be able to run to a hiding spot fairly quickly and, hopefully, unnoticeably.

As he rounded one corner the muffled grunts and groans of a sailor and one of the many whores who offered their services to any wayward wanderers filled his ears. As the woman saw him she stopped her moans of pleasure and once the sailor realised this he stopped his grunting and looked at what she was looking at. The two of them just stared for a moment as the hooded achadhiel neared them with his face hidden completely beneath the shadow of his hood, he walked on by not regarding them in the slightest and they resumed their pleasure filled activities, “Hey, if I saw some random hooded man walking around at this time I would stop whatever I was doing too…”

He continued to follow the group and then realised something, “Nate said that it’s pirates that this Bill Sway comes after so what if the assassin was after both Jubal and this pirate woman? It could be perfectly possible that she was doing two jobs at once but it could also be possible that these pirates and Jubal are doing some sort of deal together hence the reason why she tried to take him out and was at the Seamonster earlier, she was probably waiting for this woman to arrive!! If that’s the case then she can’t be too far away!! Hell, she might be in the Seamonster now!!!”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Reim was able to follow the group of loud sailors straight to the Scandalous Seamonster. A few of them whisked away into alleys with women, but the rest were waved into the tavern without much trouble by the bouncers. As the achadhiel tried to enter, he was waved in too. The group of sailors was pushing tables together, already inviting ladies to be with them, while the female among them was going for the bar.

It was a usual evening here, as far as Reim would know. Shady types sitting in booths, sailors singing, cursing and drinking everywhere. It sure was packed with a bigger crowd then the day he chased the assassin. Enough free space to sit down if he wanted to, with the advantage of being able to see the sailors from every corner of the room.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim watched as the raucous group sat down at a table and began to get merry, “They seem like your stereotypical sailors; no doubt they’ll be drunk and knocked out before the night’s over…” Out of the corner of his eye he saw the woman heading towards the bar, he pulled the hood off of his head and then headed round the other side of the tavern casually and managed to grab a seat by the bar as well. He signalled to the barman for an ale and just sat casually letting his eyes wash over each of the patrons of the tavern but beneath that he was making sure to soak in their faces and movements as he might be able to spot his assassin amongst them.

“Now all I have to do is be patient…something will kick off at some point…I’m sure of it…” He was still dependent on the Pantheon and knew that he wouldn’t have come this far had they not been looking out for him so he prayed silently that they would continue to look out for him.
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The bartender poured an ale and brought it over to Reim, collecting the money before he went back to washing some jugs. In the meanwhile, the woman walked up to him. She looked athletic, only a few inches shorter than Reim. Her red hair was tied back in a ponytail and her grey eyes twinkled. She wore high leather boots with tight pants. Her shirt was simple and hid anything under it from sight. Her full lips cracked into a smile.

"Hey there boy, have we met before, per chance?" she asked the achadhiel. Nothing about her seemed to give away any hint of the assassin he followed the former evening. She put down a glass of whisky and took the seat next to Reim. "Who are you looking for anyway? I might be able to help for a fair fee." she said, peering out into the tavern, looking around.

In the meanwhile, the men were served pints of ale by the wenches and most of them already had a woman of ill repute at their side. They were now singing shanties as if their lives depended on it, now and then having more attention for the women than they had for either the beer or the singing.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

“Hehehe I knew this was gonna happen…maybe I’m getting good at this whole tracking down thing…soon I'll be able to read people like a book hehehehe.”Throughout the whole “adventure” Reims self confidence had been building though he made sure that he didn’t get too cocky and high off himself as he knew that a fall from his perch could, and probably would, end painfully.

Reim took a sip of his ale and replied to her, “No, I don’t think we have met, what’s your name?”

He smiled at her but kept half an eye on what was going on around the tavern, “Then again maybe I’m not that great as she doesn’t look like my assassin…this isn't the action packed adventure I had imagined it would be where I finally catch the assasin, find out that she's some beautiful woman, preferrably around my age, find out why she tried to attack Jubal then explain to her that she's got the situation all wrong, then go hunt the real man who killed her father...or brother...or something like that, get him so she has revenge or whatever and live happily ever after...with plenty of adventures mixed in with the happily ever after...” He sighed inwardly and continued his conversation with the woman, “

How do you know I’m looking for someone…for all you know I might just be…errr…enjoying the scenery?” He said the last part of the sentence in a somewhat confused manner, almost as if he didn’t know what he was saying himself…
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The woman gave him a seductive smile. "Robyn. But my friends call me Ruby, handsome." she said, her eyes going over him for a long flicker. "I don't know how well you know the Seamonster, lubber, but one doesn't come here to enjoy the scenery. You are either looking for someone, or want to be left alone with your drink in a shady corner. Judging the way you sit and look around, I bet it's not the latter. So tell me, maybe I can help you." she continued, wettening her lips afterwards.

A rather slender, but small, young man came walking into the tavern and headed straight for them after a cursory glance through the establishment. He wore the clothes of a sailor, yet looked more distinguished. He stopped about a yard short of them. He looked at Ruby and said "Hey Ruby, you know what I ju...". Midsentence he had suddenly stopped and looked surprised at Reim, and then back at Ruby. He nudged his head towards Reim and said "Sorry for interrupting, Ruby. My bad.". She ruffled through his hair once and said "It's okay Rat, you can go back now. Tell Michael what we discussed, alright?". Rat nodded and let his head hang down.

"Sorry for that, love. He's just keeping an eye on me after recent events." she said, downing her whiskey and ordering a new one. "What do you think, is there anything I can do for you today?" she asked, leaning closer to Reim.

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim was certainly being drawn into this womans allure but before his mind could runaway with all the possibilities of this encounter he reined himself in and quickly analyzed the situation,

“Haha she’s using all her womanly charm to try and find out who I’m looking for. I mustn’t get caught up in all that since I don’t who she is…for all I know she could be working with the assassin…I best tread carefully and try turn this around on her…”

Reim had learnt from others that interest, such as this, from a woman you have just met usually means there is some ulterior motive to the interest that she has taken in you, luckily Reim was a quick thinker, if he hadn’t he might have told her something that could end up getting him or even Jubal and the Water Street Gang in trouble.

He watched and listened carefully to the exchange that occurred between her and her associate and then took the first step in changing the game to his advantage. A mischievous smile crept over his face accompanied by roguish glint in his eyes,

“What can you do for me?”

He smiled once again as he felt her getting closer to him but didn’t shy away or move in closer, he wanted to see what she was going to do next, “ You really want to know who I’m looking for? I’ll tell you…If you tell me what exactly these recent events are.” A massively mischievous smile overtook his face, to use modern terms the ball was back in her court and if anything Reim made sure that she could see that he was having fun with this. In a way he was passively flirting with her. He took another sip of his ale and looked back into her grey eyes, waiting for an answer, “Let’s see what you do now…I haven’t even told her my name yet…”
Group E
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

"What I can do for you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. "What do you think yourself? I'm female, been out at sea for a long time and the skipper forbids any sexual or love relationships between the crewmembers. Catch my drift, love?" The words hadn't left her mouth or she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, yesterday I was being chased by a few men. Really, some drunks. I'm not that good looking, am I? Anyway," she said "let's talk about better things right now. Maybe somewhere... more private?"

Special:
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

“Chased by a few men? Water Street Gang members? Maybe…” Reim had a feeling that it wasn’t just a bunch of drunks and that this woman wasn’t exactly telling the whole truth but then again neither had he,

"I suppose if your involved in the less respectable professions you need to be wary of who you tell your business to…still if she was being chased by Water Street members maybe we’ll be able to catch some of them loitering around on the streets right now but what can I do to get her out of here…Ah!!”

Reim smiled mischievously, “I’m staying over at the Duck while I sort some things out here in Dort…it’s far more comfortable and private than this place. Your friend, Rat could come and pick you up in the morning…” He let the last part of that sentence hang in the air as he took another sip of his ale, he was partially hoping that some Water Street members would waltz into the tavern the same way they had when he was delivering Claudios message but if they didn’t then he hoped that he’d bump into some of them on the way to the Duck, “Let’s hope she follows…”
Group E

Return to “Dort Archive”