The Muster (Open!)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Phillinie

Phill meets Ymir again

Post by Phillinie »

“Well it looks like things are starting to move quickly. Well met again Ymir, I did not expect to see you so soon,” Phill said to his newly found friend and new leader. He then turned his attention to the eager recruit. “And greetings to you Rou. Looks like our future will be tied together for a time and we will see action soon. Any idea which direction we are heading and what we are scouting for?” he said to the two companions.

Phill was very new to the city having only been there for a few days and was still uncertain about geography and politics of this campaign. He was trying to get a picture of the geography in his mind so that he could later jot it down in his journal. He had started a map of the island and of the city Dort from his memory of the charts on his ship, of course charts only cover the coastline and not much detail of the land itself. Phill intended to fill out his map with more detail of the landscape and city layouts as he traveled through them.

Post by Guest »

Ymir didn’t let Marten tell this him twice as he longed for an action. A great smile covered his face as gave a nod of conforming, while turning towards the two lads in front of him. It was a scary sort of grin one you suspect getting from a drill sergeant really going to mess up your day. “Ye’ hear’ the man speak, you b’nch of faerie bois! To the line ye’ be headin’ and git movin’, fodder, MARCH!” With this he grasped the already slapped shoulders of the boys and pushed them rough out of the door. From the mere touch of his grappling, one could easily notice you wouldn’t want to wrestle with him at any given day. Phill’n noticed his grasp was not so severe but poor Enzou got the tightest shoulder hold he might have ever felt. “Goodbye Marten, we’ll see if there be any scum cummin’ th’ way.” Both where pushed outside, with a fast pace no arguments made and they were soon on the way towards the front lines.

As the reached an quiet area outside, a large sigh could be heard from Ymir. “Sowwy ‘bout that Phill’n, ye be a good pal and I’d not want to hurt ye’. Listen to what me hav’ te say and ye’ be all good.” A big grin appeared one his face again as he unwrapped a large package from it’s from its soft grey skin it was covered in. Inside it was the largest falchion they had ever seen. It was a monster over 5’ feet tall, with a long red leather strapped handle with gold and a huge scarlet ruby at the bottom. The weight had to be enormous still he held it like one would a small child, cradling it gently. The sheath it was in was made from soft goldish leather, inlayed with scarlet and oceanic gems. An impressive blade, which could be, understood why Ymir had such a fondness of it. “T’is be my baby… Esmeralda. ” It was like Esmeralda was part of the team already…
Phillinie

Phill compliments Esmeralda

Post by Phillinie »

“She’s a beaut,” said Phillinie with a smile and slight awe. He had never seen such a large ornate weapon. “What dragon did you have to kill to get that? You’ll not only slice them in half but look good doin’ it. Esmeralda, eh? Did you name her or did it come from the craftsman?”

Phill’s quickened speech and idle banter revealed his anxious mood as he awaited the continuing move to the front lines. Phill quickly checked his concealed knives and daggers to make sure they were all in place. He looked over to his companion Enzirou to see his reaction to the sword and if he was restless to begin as well. “Won’t be long before you can put that to good use, Ymir.”[/hr]

Post by Guest »

A slight grin covered the bearded man as he looked at Phillinie, with a reluctant look. “How’d I got her be a long tale, but she be named after mine late daughter…” The tone of Ymir was somewhat saddened, as his eyes seemed to dream off.

It was only for a split second cause then he made a burly laughter, slapping Phil on the shoulder. “Ay’ th’s cleaves as goo’ as it ‘s lookin’ I happ’n to sla’n a man’ foe with this gal! None to worry little man, you hav’ plenty a’ chance too be slay’n those filth’ bu’ do be rem’mb’r we on scout no’ warring, follo’ me lead and ye’ be ah ok!” They slowly moved on and Ymir looked back to see if any latecomers would be arriving. It had be quite often someone ran in on the last minute, having overslept or just being a plain slob.

Post by Guest »

Enzirou looked at Ymir and then at his falchion Esmerelda. "Wow to weild something that big he nust have immense skill and power,he could be quite the force on the battlefield no way I'd want to be his bad side".. Enzirou looked at Ymir again and asked "What challenges do you think we'll meet while we're scouting?"

Post by Guest »

A quizical look came over the man as Enzirou spoke his question. “Ye’ can aspect anything as we be goin’ on recon, me lad! This be a task of stayin’ alive and be seein’ what we can be doin’ without getting’ seen. If there be a small group we can be rough’ ‘m tumble their sowwy ass’, if be big we lay low and watch the numbers, who they be and such. We then be returnin’ and report ou’ finds… Then Marten be sayin’ what be done next, ye hea’?” Placing his arms over together the big guy thought he had been pretty clear, they were going on a little scouting but a small lone battle could also be ‘enjoyed’. Stealth was the key, camouflage their friend and caution their ally, all this together would make surprise their answer.
Phillinie

Phil Ymir and Rou go toward the front lines

Post by Phillinie »

ooc (Can we get in the habit of putting timestamps on the post so we can track when we are as compared with current timestamp?)

“We’ll be quite as the sea on a clear summer day, Ymir, and as violent as a winter storm if need be. We’ll be following your lead in stealth and camouflage. Look forward to learning any of the tricks of the trade. Have you acted as a scout for Marten before?” Phil was starting to look forward to his first adventure as a scout.

“And what weapon and skills do you use Rou,” Phill asked as they walked toward the front lines. It was good to know the strengths of your party as you approached battle.

As he walked toward the front lines Phillinie took in the sights, sounds and smells of an army preparing for war. He was trying to notice the various banners and where they were forming as well as the size of some of the parties. He would jot this information in his journal later in the evening if there was time.

Post by Guest »

OOC: I am uncertain what the timestamp is but when Ana has makes a new thread for us, we are bound to get one, else perhaps his next post might hold one. :)

“Me an Marten be goin’ times back ye hea’. We both been fightin’ trouble a long time, Phill’n.” The strong man smiled at Phil as it became obvious he was preparing himself mentally for the task ahead. He did this in a way somewhat uncanny quite the opposite you might suspect from such a stout and strong man. Ymir was very quiet as they made way towards the fronts and his muscles twitched sometimes as uncontrollable. As they gathered speed into a march, a known eye could see that Ymir was taking a detour then heading straight ahead to the lines.

Without a couple of burns they came alongside a narrow ditch with there hidden if Ymir did not point it out, a small concealed shelter. The well-hidden cover was almost fully hidden by dense vegetation and surrounded by low rocks and one side covered by a large layer of sand. Ymir spoke in a different tone, more focused, as if the veteran had awoken inside of him. “Me friends if ye wish to go scout in safety here be some things ye be needin’.” Entering inside the refuge, he opened a locked metal trunk, with a small key now seen to be hanging around his neck. The veteran gathered several simple camouflaged clothes made from a combination of leather and cloth from the trunk. They were simple dark brown coloured sleeveless shirts with matching breeches and a plain belt with two small pockets attached to them. A close eye could see some places were covered with grey-patched canvas to reduce wear and tear. Also here and there were some dull green coloured areas on it to give an extra blending when ‘travelling’ the highlands and hills.

Looking over to the two young men he gave a thumbs up and showed his shining teeth. “These be a couple of loaners, as I knowin’ ye guys not had much scoutin’ done. I also got some nice mud and grease to cover ye skins, so to be blendin’ in with the hillsides. I be seein’ it may look odd but surprise be our ally here, ay’?” Seeing the clothes they seemed somewhat baggy especially the breeches, which were quite loose around the leg area, compared to the tight hoses the gentlemen wore in town. Phill’n and Enzirou got both a bundle of them thrown in their arms as if it was the regular routine of the day.

Ymir himself entered the shack, where the noise would suggest he was changing his wardrobe accordingly. When coming out within a burn he had a similar but better quality attire as he gave them with a camouflaged brigandine and belt with various small packs to match. Two sheathed scimitars hung from his belt, quite different then the practice scimitar he had seen. Several other lightweight gears were taken as well, tied firmly onto his suit and pack. A tough grey skin of a mountain beast covered Esmeralda in. The man looked calm, calculated and eager to get started awaiting his new companions with zest and full-blown optimism.
Anarión Herunna

Post by Anarión Herunna »

OOC: Nyae, Enzirou and Phillnie. Why don't you guys move onto this thread.
Anarión Herunna

Gavin

The burly man nodded and carefully turned away from Gavin. He kneeled carefully and lowered his head so that his chin was just touching his chest. His arms were enclosed behind his back, and his hands were openly facing Gavin. Tediously the man leaned forward so that his bare neck was detectable just over the collar of his white and blameless shirt. "Now, I have so far complied with your wishes, Gavin. I know nothing and hence can tell you nothing. Do you really expect that I know anything?

"It is all futile. Whatever I do; or you do, will in the long run change nothing. We are nothing. Killing me will change nothing." So the man had finally admitted something. Or had he?His fingers ran up and down his arms. He remained quiet and unmoving though, challenging Gavin to strike.

"Why don't you just leave me and go back to the camp. I will not report the misbehaviour I have seen here and will not go further with this. You can still release me." Gavin could not see the smirk, yet somehow he felt it.

The three soldiers were worriengly watching the scene unravel before them. Neither of them were able or risked to intervene. Unfamiliar and frightened appeareances were painted across their faces, and the men exchanged worried looks. Finally a man carefully moved forward. "Gavin. Perhaps these men don't know nothing. Do we really wanna kill them - for nothing?"

Post by Guest »

Kelsyk gingerly rubbed his face where he got elbowed. Slowly getting up he looked around the clearing for his two daggers. Where could those daggers be? I definitely don't want to lose those two things. They've been with me since, since, well since I can remember. They're probably over in the bush, so that is where I'll start my search.

"Well if they really don't know anything, then they have got nothing to fear. They did however act suspiciously, so I am guessing they do know something. Oh and make sure are friend here is securely tied up and bound."

Kelsyk then turned and headed over to where he thought his daggers were. Hopefully these guys do know something, or this could get messy.

"Uh Gavin what do we do with these guys don't know anything? Thinking about it, what do we do with them even if they do know something? If we are off fight.." Kelsyk paused, Gavin did say that hopefully this fight could be stopped, so maybe there won't be any fighting, "uh, dealing with the barbarians we won't easily be able to watch or gaurd these two."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin just stood there and watched Hunder. He was really tempted to end it there and then. But, such thoughts were quickly banished. I am not like that. But, a little fear would do him well.

Then the big man noticed the fear in soldiers eyes. His sword was still resting upon his shoulder casually and he smiled at the three. With a slight shake of his head he turned partly and laughed.

"You think I wanted to execute this fool? I could have done that a long time ago. I need the information he has. And I think I know parts of it. I even think I know who they work for. I just wanted to make sure. And now he told me everything I wanted."

His boot poked Hunder slightly in the back as he leaned closer. His eyes were upon Hunder's hands and he was ready to jump back if the man tried anything. Then he whispered.

"Isn't it right, my friend? This war is not between the Clansmen and Count. This is much bigger. There is talk about Lieutenants of Destruction. One tall and one short. They are going to Islay to lead an army that will conquer all of Tazlure. Am I right? But, guess what? It is not gonna happen."

With that he straightened and moved away.

"Tie this fool up, and let us hand them over to the City Guard. I know one thing. They are not going to Islay with us. Now, let us be done here, so we can go back to join the army. I hear the horns, and it seems they are getting ready to leave."

Finally it was time to speak to Kelsyk. With an encouraging smile Gavin walked to the man and patted him on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, my friend. I am not a murderer. But, fear can be a powerful tool sometimes. If you know how to instill it in someone."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Anarión Herunna

OOC: Gavin, I must admit. Nicely put together. Nice to see you're back Kelsyk.

IC: Hunder twisted around when he felt the stench of Gavin come even closer to his neck. He leaned backwards to hear the cogitation. A harsh and ungratifying look glimmered on the surface, yet the man was able to hold his temper. "The all-seeing Gavin. If you really have figured this out, why don't you join us instead. A man like yourself could quickly rise among the powerful," he replied quickly. He spoke low and neither of the other soldiers (not even Kelsyk) was able to hear him. The proposal was meant entirely for Gavin.

Kelsyk's daggers - or at least the dagger he had dropped when he impacted on the prisoner whom were now held by the pair of strongmen was lying not far from him at all. It shimmered in the Tazlurian evening-sun. The other must have ended up in the bushes behind Gavin, were he had thrown it.

Zing. The sound came from behind Gavin. A missile came flying towards Gavin's unprotected back. It crept forward - passing bushes and branches. It sped forward and landed.

Not in Gavin.

Hunder screamed painfully. He collapsed onto the ground with the arrow buried into his neck. His hands extended automatically, and the prisoner tried to stop the fall. Unable to catch himself, Hunder bumped into the ground. Red colored the grassy turf. It ran from Hunder's neck and streamed freely creating an autumn texture. A single bead of blood ran down Gavin's cheek. It mixed with the sanguine already blanketing the field. Yet somehow it remained unmistakable in the larger accumulation. It was framed in a caliginous and blackish nectar.

The dying man sighed and a final sentence was mouthed. Gavin and Kelsyk were just barely able to understand the intonation. "Forgive. Stop." Then Hunder died.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

OOC: Oh, but that is not all Gavin knows. He did not say everything. These are the things he is sure of.

IC:
A smile crept across Gavin's face as he saw Hunder's reaction. So it is true. Sadly, one of those that lead shall have to remain behind. But, I'll be back for him. And there will be payback.

He was just about to refuse when the arrow struck Hunder's neck. Out of nowhere it came and Gavin inhaled sharply as it struck. Frozen for a moment he felt the blood trickle down his cheek and just stood there watching as Hunder fell. Time seemed to slow down as he watched that man fall to his death. And Gavin felt pity.

He hated Hunder. Or better yet, he hated Hunder's cause. But, somehow he liked the man at the same time. He was funny and could laugh and joke even with a sword poised above his throat. And now he was dead.

"One more score to settle"" / the big man whispered as he snapped back to action once more.

"GET DOWN! AND GUARD THE OTHER ONE!"

Yet he knew better than to play a hero. He hit the ground as soon as the last word left his lips and pulled Kelsyk down with him. It was then that Hunder's last words came and Gavin squeezed man's hand as he watched the light diminish in his eyes.

And then they were glassy and Gavin turned to more practical concerns once more. His eyes scanned the woods from where the arrow came. The danger was still there and only now did he realize in what he had gotten himself.

Post by Guest »

Well, at least I got one of my daggers so far. Now, to find the other, it's probably over in that bush where I threw it.

"I didn't hear any horns, maybe my hearing just isn't as good." Kelsyk grinned slightly. "Before we had back though, I need to find my other dagger. I think it is in the bush over there. I didn't really think you where a murderer Gavin, it's just," Kelsyk paused slightly before continuing, "you did seem to come pretty close to just killing the man."

Kelsyk looked over at where Hunder was still knelling on the ground. He felt a small amount of pity for the man. It didn't seem right to Kelsyk that this man had just been doing he job, and was going to be punished because he superiors had made a bad choice. He was still looking at him when the arrow came flying from no where and hit Hunder.

"What is goin.." Kelsyk began to say before Gavin yanked him down. "Seodhiu gani," Kelsyk muttered as he saw the arrow piercing Hunder's neck and blood dripping out.
Anarión Herunna

Zing.

Both Kelsyk and Gavin could see that the missile was sent from the bushes right about where the knife Kelsyk had hurled was lying. It didn't matter. At least not now. The pair were hopelessly stretched on the grassy hill with nothing to do. Neither Kelsyk nor Gavin could intervene.

Although Gavin had screamed, the men were tediously reacting. The soldiers turned their heads to see what the fuss was about.

"WHAT???" Scared looks became apparent on their faces and an equally frightened appearance veiled the prisoner. His entire appearance became blackish and unreal when he realized the weapon was meant to kill him. He withered and fell weakly into the arms of the soldiers.

The deadly weapon brushed through the colored branches and leaves. It flew forward creating a hissing noise. Somehow it appeared that everything around Gavin and Kelsyk slowed. The bashful weapon ran through the atmosphere on delusive wings. Over their heads it floated. There was no stopping to it. The man would die horrably just like his comrade.

Finally the soldiers reacted and threw the man to the cushioned soil and nothing happened. The arrow zinged through the mass - hitting nothing. It continued its path into the bush and was gone. The three men were still standing motionless and ogled the scene. Fearful appeareances was replaced with befuddled looks. Eventually they follow Gavin and Kelsyk and the unknown prisoner to the ground as well.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin sighed in relief when the arrow missed. Yet the danger still remained> Something had to be done about that archer or they could all go to sleep waiting for the danger to pass.

"Kelsyk. Over there. The bastard is over there. On my mark you go left and I'll go right. Run to those bushes over there and try to get to the bastards. Keep moving and change the direction as much as possible. I'll go to the other side. Good luck."

Gavin judged the distance to the first bushes and hoped that the man was already gone. But, he had to make sure. He had to remove the danger for sure.

"Ready? Now."

With that Gavin jumped and ran to the right, having fate in Kelsyk that he would do his part. If he managed to get to the bushes he would circle towards the archer trying to be as difficult a target as possible. And then he would let his sword speak.

Post by Guest »

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse. You know, I have be seeing this dirt up close quite a bit lately, =I really hope this trend doesn't continue for much longer.

"This day just keeps getting better and better, first a world domination conspiracy, then a wrestling match with some conspirators, now I get shot at by an unknown archer. What next, the gods personally come down to beat us?" Kelsyk muttered to no one in particular, as an arrow flew over head.

"Ready? Now.," came the command from Gavin. Hearing it Kelsyk started to rise. He ducked slightly incase another arrow came, before sprinting off towards the hushes. Reaching the bushes he slowed down, and once again tried to move quietly and stealthily. Setting of slowly he headed in the direction he thought the attacker would be hiding.

This guy is hiding right where I think my dagger is. He better not have taken it or i ea dainibh seodhielibh aidhanabh nin.
Anarión Herunna

OOC: My apologies for the shortness. Am in a hurry.

IC: From within the bushes a noise could be heard. It was barely hearable and the rest of the group (not counting Kelsyk and Gavin) would not have heard it. It seemed like an object hit the ground and began to manouever himself further into the forest to escape them.

Gavin successfully made it to the brink of the forest and entered the myriad of autumn colors. Red, yellow, organge. He heard something running to his left, nearer to where Kelsyk would be - if the comrade had unscathed made his way from the clearing and into the forest. Quickly the sound began to diminish even while Gavin moved further among the trees and bushes.

Kelsyk, ran quickly to the brink the forest as well. In the corner of his vision he could see something moving - trying to get away from his pursuers. Then it was gone. And then it was back again. Blackness against the colored scheme of the forest. It was moving quickly and would soon be outside their reaching-distant.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As soon as he heard the footsteps Gavin knew the archer was gone. But, he had to pursue him or the man could circle and attack again. And he needed Cheerio. Hunder was dead and now Cheerio will talk.

As he ran through the forest branches whipped Gavin's face, but he kept moving. The sound was coming from Kelsyk's direction and Gavin slowed down a bit. The man was obviously in full retreat and there was no need to follow him further. Yet, he dared not yell to Kelsyk to stop, for the man might hear them and return. He hoped Kelsyk was smart enough to stop the pursuit himself.

Instead Gavin moved in the direction where he judged the assassin hid. He planned to search the ground in that area for any clues and to see if can at least get an idea who the unseen assailant was.

Post by Guest »

Well, at least I didn't get shot. Now to find the archer.

"Wait whats that, looks like a shadow," Kelsyk muttered to himself. As the shadow began to move away from him, Kelsyk followed as best he could. "Who ever this is, I don't think he wants to be caught."

Seeing the shadow moving faster, Kelsyk broke into a run, trying to catch up. As he ran he felt branches and bushes whip past stinging him, but he ignored them. He was totaly focused on catching the attacker. Still running, he pulled out his second dagger, incase he needed to use it.

I hope this guys trip and falls. I don't want to have to chase him for too long. Hopefully Gavin can catch... uh where is Gavin. Sanai, I hope he didn't get shot. No time to think about it now, must catch this guy.
Doran
Civus

Here

Post by Doran »

Doran tromped through the field. He had no trouble finding his way here. A drunken gnome could have found it he thought staring a huge mass assembled here. The only thing he wondered was who he exactly was he suppose to report too.
He left an hour or so before dawn an arrived as sun was coming over the horizon. As he walked through crowd see many old men and young boy's gathered here. He sighed and thought to himself hope were fighting bunch old women all the help them lads will be. He continued on and to his relief saw some actual soldier's assembling. Glad to finally see someone other than the soon be deceased. He walked over to what appeared to be ranking officer and asked " Sir whom am suppose to report to?"
Anarión Herunna

Gavin and Kelsyk

Kelsyk barged forward and the assailant was suddenly closer. Still it was enough that Kelsyk could not see anything really. An ominous cape flowed behind the running attacker and underneath brown and earthy trousers. In an instant, he turned his head and although the color on his facade was white - perhaps even ghastly-white - a pair of glowing red balls were situated on either side of the nose and underneath the eyebrows. This man could see with those burning charcoals.

Then he picked up the pace and began to move further and further away from Kelsyk. It seemed that he doubled the pace and Kelsyk could not keep up. Quickly the assailants was gone in the thick forest.

If Kelsyk looked down he would see that there were no signs of the assailant. Branches were not broken and all else was strangely undisturbed.

Gavin followed the sprinting pair more tediously. He was able to locate the place where the killer had been hiding. Nothing on the grassy and leafy soil indicated that anyone had been there merely a couple of flickers ago. There was nothing - except a mysterious and penetrating cut in the tree. That was it. Just a sagacious cut. It went about an inch into the tree and there it stopped.

From the hill came the three men with Cheerio walking down. The men had surrounded their captive and were shielding him their own bodies. "Gavin!!! Kelsyk!!! Where are you guys???"
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was starting to dislike the entity that was behind all this. Hunder was dead and just because he might have said something to betray Gavin's unseen enemy. The man hoped that the other captive, Cheerio, had some information Gavin could use. The big warrior had no doubt that he would tell everything he knew.

The warrior rose from the crouch and examined the cut and fiddled a bit around it with his dagger. He remembered the black stone the dead men gave him on the crashed ship and thought that maybe something was stuck in the tree.

Either way he would not linger long. The assailant was gone for now, but may return and they were extremely vulnerable in the forest. He strode back to the clearing and smiled when he saw the man protecting their prisoner.

"Over here. Excellent work, men. Take this man to your Captain and keep him there. I'll be there shortly to take him away. Tell Will that he is to give to prisoner to me alone. I won't send anyone else, but will come personally. Also, there will be a reward for each of you. I'll see to that to when I come back. If the Count won't do it, I'll pay you with my own money. Now, go and take care. I'll wait for Kelsyk and we'll take care of the Hunder here."

With that Gavin moved to the corpse and rolled him to his back. Once the man were out of sight he would search the dead man for any clues and then settle to wait for Kelsyk.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"By k'tan's Heights! What was that thing," Kelsyk muttered to himself.

Kelsyk slowed down, realizing he could keep up, never mind catch the assailant. Maybe he dropped something. Kelsyk glanced down to check for anything, then did a double take. None of the branches are broken, nothing is disturbed, well apart me. It's like he, it never came through he at all. This is weird, I better go find Gavin and tell him.

Kelsyk turned and started heading back towards the clearing, as he went he checked the ground in case the assailant dropped anything. When he reached the clearing, he walked over towards Gavin.

"Gavin, what's going on here? I just chased a guy who had flaming embers for eye, and didn't leave a trace. I don't mean there were no tracks, I mean no trace, no tracks, the branches and leaves in his path weren't moved. it's like he wasn't real."

Return to “Dort Archive”