Eveningtide at the Tavern (27 Chyril ET, OPEN)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

"That sounds like a plan to me; I'd be happy to tell you anything you'd like to know," Anistis said, turning his attention to Matiel, "but I need to be sure that I won't displease the person I'm working with in doing so." He turned back to Haikan. "I'll talk it over with him when I meet with him later this eveningtide and I'll discuss whatever we decide is appropriate with you tomorrow at your house, if you would be so gracious as to have us."

---

OOC: Sorry about the delay. Busy work schedule in the past few days.
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

"That would be fine." Haikan looks up and a smiling barmaid approaches their table, setting down three plates of bread with butter in front of Anistis, Mikail, and Haikan, and places a plate of dark meat in the center of the table. She then returns with a hot cup of water, and a small dish of tea leaves on the side. "Thank you very much!" He says to the barmaid with a smile. Haikan slides the hot water and the leaves over to Mikail. "It seems we are coming to an understanding then. Feel free to enjoy the food my friends. I am happy to say that this was a very productive meeting."

After saying this he slides his food closer toward himself and begins to eat, his hunger being evident. He tears off a third of the meat and places it between two pieces of bread, before doing his best to slowly and politely work his way through his food. After a few bites, he makes sure to chew and swallow before he asks: "Does anyone have anything to add?"
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail slowly pinches out another equal pile of the white powder as the acolyte is talking. He isn't intentionally looking disinterested, as he is listening to everything everyone says, but he appears to be quite occupied with these measurements. I wonder if it would be sound to spend the night at my brother's house, he seems to be really serious.

Mikail looks up for a second as the food arrives, and more importantly for him, the hot water. "Wonderful." Alright, time to give this a try.

"Anything to add? I don't think so. Maybe... finding Friendly's Stables? I'm not sure if they'll be open by the time we get there, but I'd like to find the place tonight if possible."

Mikail scrapes up a white pile and pours it in the hot water. It immediately begins to bubble and froth. As he's watching it he picks up a tea leaf and inspects it closely. Upon finding no blemishes on it, he begins to nibble on it.

His eyes fall back on the brew and he says "Quicklime is mostly Calcite, which reacts furiously with water, hopefully occupying all of the oxygen ions that are weakly bonded with the Hydrogen."

He picks up another tea leaf and nibbles on it, watching as the bubbling calms down a little bit, upon the settling of the solution, he slowly starts pouring in the second white pile, pausing occasionally, and the fizzing calms down, and finally stops before the last pile is finished mixing. This whole procedure takes about five minutes, and he eats a few handfuls of tea leaves before it's done. "Perfect, the solution is settled, and the Oxygen is occupied. If this begins to smell bad, that means I failed to occupy them completely. That would mean that the Mercury and Sulfur are losing their bond, and if that happens this liquid might be dangerous."

Mikail takes the red pile and pours it into the mix, and the whole liquid turns red. "However, as I've added the calcite until all the oxygen atoms were occupied, it is extremely unlikely that mercury oxide will be formed, and the sulfur will remain bonded to the mercury, and the integrity of the cinnabar should hold up." He begins to look a little nervous. "I've been trying to perfect potions like this since I was thirteen. I hope it works this time, I believe I've taken every oversight I've made in the past into account." Mikail stirs the concoction really slowly with his teaspoon, and he begins to mutter quietly under his breath.
Last edited by Mikail on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
Matiel Escariot
Civus
Location: In a place surrounded by farms I my family does not own.

Post by Matiel Escariot »

Matiel considered Haikan's words, but then his full attention was caught by Mikail. He watched the elf explain the reactions and logic behind the crystals he held. He watched him discolor the contents of the brew and hint at its used.

Matiel had no idea what to make of it. He was a man who dealt machinations of a kind easily seen to the naked eyes. Reactions and controlled settings purported through a more instant and invisible baffled him, being that he couldn't see these reactions beyond their scale of effect. He sighed, and knew how fortunate it was of him to meet these fellows. He didn't want to voice it yet though. He wanted to see more before he actually adjudge them as anything.

Matiel rose, with the ending of his meal. He nodded at Anistis, "If ever you need assistance, you will know where to find us."

He turned to the two elves beside him and bid his farewell, "I'll be at your residence tomorrow, provided your house stills stands. If not, then I'll transfer here. Till then, I bid you all a good night. And, Mikail, I wish to talk with you some more over the things you've had going on over the past years concerning your craft. I have a feeling its worth will instantaneously rise someday, and I wish to be there on the beneficial side of it when that happens."

He raised his hand, slung his satchel on his shoulder, and nodded his goodbye.
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Anistis was happy to see the food arrive and began to eat with gusto.

"No," he said around a mouthful of meat, "I've got nothing to add." He smiled, then: "I'm glad to have met the three of you, however. Thanks again for considering me for your project."

The concoction that Mikail was mixing with his variously colored powders had Anistis fascinated throughout most of the meal. Everything the young adhiel said about what he was doing was completely lost on the acolyte, but the changing colors of the liquid captivated him.

His concentration on this was broken by Matiel. His offer of assistance was met with a smile.

"Thank you so much. It's greatly appreciated." With that, he stood up. "I should probably get going, though. Like I said, I still have someone to meet with this eveningtide. I'll see all of you tommorow, then."

He shook hands all around and stepped out.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Friendly's Stables? I've heard wind of where that may be, but all I know myself is that it's in the Poor Quarter." Watching with great intrigue as Mikail focuses so intently on his alchemic endeavor, it's all the adhiel can do to avoid staring. He laughs quietly when Mikail begins to eat the tea leaves. This is my brother? He thinks. Mikail seems far too awkward and quiet to be related to Haikan, but he said that's who he was... At about this point Matiel and Anistis are walking away, and Haikan sighs.

It isn't that he wasn't enjoying their company and his diplomatic musings with them, but he's relieved when Matiel and Anistis take their leave. Finally! I can ask all the questions that have been whirling in my head about this fellow!

Haikan leans in toward Mikail and begins to ask, clearly excited.

"Mikail, you say that you are my brother. I must tell you that I was raised a single child by a human couple, who would never speak of any real parents I might have had. I never knew of any siblings, nor why I was different. I also have to say that I noticed, when you approached me, you called me Haikan Verida. What is the meaning of that? Is it the name my real father had?" Typically Haikan would not be so believing of a stranger, but something about Mikail, his silent disposition makes the few words that he actually utters seem... very sincere... Not to mention he looks almost exactly like Haikan, only a little taller, and with paler eyes.

"I have many questions for you. I've observed that you are the quiet thinking type, but please, if you would be so kind as to speak aloud and enlighten me, that would be greatly appreciated."
Last edited by Haikan on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Mikail’s words about the concoction he was working on made no real sense to the others, sounding like the babblings of most other professions, laced with jargon and technical references not of interest to most peoples. However, the foaming and bubbling of the liquid were enough to indicate something was happening.

Mikails mutterings, though unintelligible, smacked of the possible incantation of a spell of some sorts cast over the liquid he was working on, or possibly a prayer to some alchemists deity to aid in success. It was hard to tell exactly as no one else at the table was all that familiar with alchemy.

As the liquid began to settle, a very slight smell of rotten eggs could be detected. Beyond that, someone would actually have try it to determine how successful the concoction would be.
By all the Dodos! these are thoughts of weight,
Most venerable, wise, and out of date.
(from [i]The Paradise of the Birds[/i], by [i]W. J. Courthope[/i])

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail quietly watched the others go, politely acknowledging their goodbyes. I wonder if we'll ever even see that acolyte again. The poor fool doesn't even seem to know the back-handed nature of his world. He then focused on Matiel. Here is someone that can really help us should we choose to get our hands dirty with anything we do. I don't know if I trust him, I don't know if I even like him, but this man will get us places we could never get on our own.

Mikail stopped moving for a second and then looked down. Sulfur? DAMN! It's subtle, so it might have been the humidity in the room. It certainly isn't deadly, but it might induce vomiting. For the sake of my craft I have to see if it works, but after we go to the stables.

"Well, I'm glad that the other two left before they could see this. It would seem I made one more oversight. The air in here is humid enough that the sulfur sublimated all on its own..." Sublimated? That's not the right word. "Mmm, maybe more along the lines of evaporated. Nonetheless, its possible that the released mercury formed outside the potion, and if that is the case, then it won't harm anyone. Whether that happened or not, I'm going to try it." He lifted the mug up to his nose and wafted the aroma to be sure. If I know I'm not going to die, I might as well... "Do you have anything I can put this in?"
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

He... he ignored my questions...? Well, I suppose he was in the middle of something... Is he avoiding the questions on purpose? Maybe he feels uncomfortable talking about his... our father when he knows so little about the life I've led. That would be strange, but... Nowhere near too strange for Mikail. The slight smell of eggs gone bad is unpleasant to Haikan's sensitive nose. The outside edges of his lips typically curve up in a slight smile, even unconsciously, but they now turn downward with the putrid scent, and he leans back, to remove himself from the cloud of stink. Waving his hand by his nose, to waft the scent away from him, as he's not escaped it just yet, his eyes begin to water.. Mikail's words make no sense to Haikan, but that doesn't prevent him from being quite interested.

"I hope you don't mind my asking brother, but, what exactly will happen if it's not just the humidity and this Mercury stuff was released as an um, a liquid in your potion there, and you drink it?" I suppose that we should start small in our conversation, he obviously isn't very practiced in speaking with people. Maybe in time, as my brother he'll be able to speak normally at least with me. But I still don't know for a fact what he says is true.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail chuckles quietly. "First of all, I imagine you're quite sheltered, seeing as this is the mildest sulferic reaction I've witnessed yet, and it looks like you're about to gag. Second of all, if I'm wrong and there is a small amount of mercury oxide in this potion, I might throw up for a while, but I can walk it off. I imagine the potion would still have an effect, but it'd be pointless if it was vomit inducing."

Mikail whorls a spoon in the potion, trying to see if any more egg smell will waft out of his mug. "You see, Cinnibar, or HgS, has been used for years to treat insomnia and depression, and so by fortifying it in this potion, I am exaggerating its effects." He smells the spoon very closely. "The end result is a tonic causing a euphoric sleep, and if I can perfect it, I can use larger amounts of Cinnibar so that it can even be used to dress an arrow, instantly sedating and numbing the person injected with it. It isn't quite as instant if metabolised through the stomach."

"Unfortunately, if one begins throwing up, then the potion only causes trouble. On the bright side, mercury oxide isn't as dangerous as mercury by itself. I just hope that it was either the wet table or the humid air that isolated the sulfur atoms."

"As for my past, and yours, I will get to that later, for now I need to find Friendly's. Do you have anything I might put this in?"
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Haikan is far from sheltered, he's been many places, and he's known the harshness of nature in many ways. Despite this, he has a very delicate sense of smell, which is not necessarily a well known trait for adhiel, and he has no idea if it's characteristic of his race like the sharp vision and hearing, but the very slight sulfur scent was enough to irritate his nose.

"I apologize, you must understand I'm not exactly sheltered, I've been around the world as an adventurer, but strong scents, aside from the formidable odor of blood, typically aren't something I encounter in my lifestyle." After clearing that up, Haikan reverts to staring at the potion. Mikail's trade is certainly a fascinating one, and Haikan's eyes widen as he gawks enthusiastically at the glowing liquid. As his brother requests a container the excited young elf sucks down the rest of his juice, holding it up for an extra few moments while the last few drops lazily stream into his mouth, and he slides his mug toward Mikail. "You should probably rinse it out, unless you think the sugar and water won't affect the concoction."

"That euphoric sleep potion would be incredibly useful as an arrow dressing! And it would go right in the blood of the opponent, so I imagine it would work instantly!" The young adhiel didn't understand the jargon of the chemicals, but he starts to get a feel for what Mikail is saying when he explains the nature and use of the potion.

"I'm sure on our journey we could find plenty of use for that. And as an alchemic apothecary I'm certain you could come up with plenty more useful potions." What an interesting fellow, this Mikail.

"Good luck."
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

"Hahaha, I don't know if the sugar will do anything other than make it taste good, but a flask would be much more useful for taking it out." Mikail waved the mug away from him.

He looked down at his potion, with a slightly sadder look on his face.
If I can't even get the numbers right at this low concentration I'll never be capable of making an arrow dressing. I wish I knew more recipes.

"Unfortunately, at this low concentration, this can only work through ingestion, and it won't work quickly; twenty burns maybe. Honestly, I only know how to make a few things. Keep in mind I'm only twenty-three, so my experience is limited. In fact, the word apothecary is a little too charitable for me. The only reason I even speak this language is because my parents knew I'd have to come here, so my human mother and our elven father had me learn it from birth."
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Oh, alright... My mistake," Haikan pats his chest, then his hips and thighs, until he feels his waterpouch tucked into his tunic. He draws it out and unties the cover, pulling out a flask that looks as though it could hold about 16 ounces. He unscrews the cap and places the flask in front of Mikail, and the lid right next to it. "No adventurer would be caught dead without one. Remind me tomorrow morning that I have to buy another. Please take no offense to this, but I'd be much more comfortable if there was no chance of leftover refuse from your experiments in my only drinking water." As Mikail starts to show signs of great dismay upon his possible failure, the adhiel decides to come to the emotional rescue.

"Don't worry, your experiment didn't fail for sure. Just like you said, the slight smell of sulfur is more than likely to be attributed to Chyril's humidity. Test it. Be careful, but if it's not lethal, and you think a small dose won't hurt, than test it and see if you succeeded. Even if you are inexperienced, you said you practiced this type of potion time and time again in your youth, working out all the kinks, I have great confidence that you've done it right! In fact, I'm so confident that I would be willing to test it myself!" Dear God I hope he got it right, What in the nether am I saying?! No, no, it's important to help this poor fella get his confidence up, he seems so nervous I can't help but feel sorry for him... He'd never offer to test it on himself if it would do harm. He takes a sip of his juice, only to find that he had just finished it moments before, and he looks a little disappointed. His thirst reminds him that there is still water in his bottle.

"Oh, right." He grabs the flask and puts it to his lips, throws his head back and gulps it down. When he handed it over he had forgotten that it was still half full. "Here you go," he hands the flask back to Mikail.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail gawked at Haikan for a flickers. "I'm flattered that you have so much confidence in me, but I wouldn't be too sure. I'm sure that it isn't lethal, but like I said, it might not feel too good going down, and might even come back up." He took the flask in hand, looked inside, and then shot the rest down his throat. He then shook it upside down over a plate to get all of the water out, and then proceeded to pour the red liquid inside.

"We may leave whenever you like." I really want that horse, but I'm not sure if they're open this late. It's worth finding the place if nothing else I suppose. "And by the way, it takes a lot more than a little precaution to offend me." I wonder how easily people are offended in this human establishment. When I think about it, I can't recall the last time I've even raised my voice at someone. It's possible that this journey might familiarize me with anger. He looked at Haikan and smiled. Certainly not this boy though. It's funny, I know that he's at least twenty years older than I am, but it doesn't feel that way. It's probably just the slow growth of the pure Adhiel blood.
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Haikan feels a somewhat delayed reaction. A slow twisting pressure builds up in his gut, growing more sever with each passing flicker. He is obviously becoming increasingly more and more uncomfortable.

But before Mikail can decide on a course of action, Haikan lets loose with one of the loudest burps that Mikail can remember hearing. Loud enough to draw the attention of some of the other patrons, as they shoot disapproving glances towards the pair.

After Haikan’s expiration of gas, there is again the faint odor of rotten eggs in the air, though Haikan obviously feels much better.

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Haikan chokes down the solution he definitely does not feel the sleepy euphoria that was previously mentioned by Mikail. His face becomes slightly disgusted and he clutches his stomach. "Oh man, this is truly vile. It feels like I'm going to... Uh oh... ugghh... oh god..." Just as it appears obvious that he is going to vomit, a massive belch rockets out of his stomach. He looks somewhat repulsed by himself, and he looks around nervouslyand brightens his face with a huge smile, he decides to act it off and he laughs heartily. "That's what I call a meal!" He announces, but it's somewhat apparent to Mikail that he is humiliated, and he feels hot in his face with embarrassment. Usually he is extremly polite and in-control of himself and his demeanor. Despite this, a relieved smile appears on his face and he relaxes.

"Well, I feel better, I can't tell if it's working yet, but when I start to feel super happy, I'll let you know." He dons a more serious face than before, and he places his hand on his chin, sitting upright with an inquisitive look about him. "I can take you to the Poor Quarter to find Friendly's, but I warn you, it's dangerous at night. There is no guarantee that we won't get ambushed for our money, so be prepared, and keep a close eye on your money and belongings. Now if you don't mind, could you answer my questions from before?"
Last edited by Haikan on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail looks at Haikan blankly, shocked that he sucked down that potion so quickly. He watches hopefully, but as Haikan's face starts to twist his spirits fall. Haikan's words of complaint confirm it. Even if it works at this point, it's useless as a potion if it causes nausea. Then again if it's administered by inhalation or inserted to the bloodstream, it would still work without nausea, seeing as that takes the gastrointestinal system out of the equation. Hmm, it could still work. At least I only put in a few grams, so he won't be losing consciousness entirely if it succeeds.

Haikan lets out a disgusting belch, and at first Mikail winces, but then after seeing his humiliated expression and his feeble attempt to cover it, he laughs a little bit. "That smells absolutely terrible."

After hearing his warning, Mikail begins to string his bow. "Sure, I'll answer your questions, just let me prepare for the road first."
Last edited by Mikail on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

I guess I should pay close attention to the way I feel, for the sake of this kid's hard efforts.

"Alright, well really I'd like to know about my real parents. Their culture and their plight. What is life like for them? What is T'aquar like? I should hope to visit there soon, it's one of the few places I've never ventured. I was extremely close to my human father and looked up to him greatly. My mother was very important to me as well, and they'll never be replaced, but I imagine that our adhiel parents live still, and that I may get to know them." His eyes grow wide and he looks truly attentive to the words Mikail would say next.
Despite this he still focuses on his state of feeling, and whether or not it is being altered by the beverage he ingested not long ago.
Last edited by Haikan on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

Mikail's face sank. "I don't know what you've heard, but you wouldn't want to visit T'aquar right now, or maybe ever again." His voice grew very quiet and broken. "Do you know anything? Have you heard nothing? You are of Adheil blood, hence I find it hard to believe that you would ask so starry eyed, as if the blood of your ancestors didn't flood the lands of which we speak, mostly at the hands of those which you call holy. However, father suspected that these words would be hushed within these walls, so he gave me this for you to read."

Mikail pulled out an old looking piece of parchment and his inkwell. "This is not the original, but... this might give you an idea of what we're speaking of. You may think me a bumpkin or a peasant, poor and among the bottom rung of my society. If that is what you think, you are mistaken, for I am one of the lucky ones." He scooted the inkwell toward Haikan. "Should anyone approach and be able to read over your shoulder, it is absolutely critical that you pretend to accidentally spill this over the parchment. I dread what might happen to us if a zealot sees us reading this."

Mikail handed Haikan the parchment. It reads:

Hearken to me, you who will live, you who will find these pages that I wrote. This is the true history of a time that was, a time of a once great nation, an era of a once majestic kingdom, the race of the T'aquar Adhiels. These scripts may be our last words, our last voices for you to remember us, that we were once proud and mighty, that once, minstrels and bards sing of our illustrious kingdom. Listen and hearken to our words.

We are a dying kingdom. Our blood is now dwindling, on a verge of extinction. What once a noble realm is now but a far picture of what we once were. We are slowly dying, one by one; our blood is being sacrificed, like a lamb to a Mad God.

We are slowly dying.

It was our noble blood that was spilled in the desert dunes of Amun Rah. It was our kin who stood defiant against the darkness that blanketed the whole realm. We sacrificed everything for the Mother, for Tazlure, for you to live. Many of us were slain; many of us were sacrificed, butchered like lambs, their voices unheard, their actions untold. Yet still, the One God prevailed for we alone cannot contest against the Madness of the One God. Our brave kin who stood defiant against the Mad God were entombed into the desert dunes of Amun Rah. Out of the depths we cried to our Gods, to listen to the voice of our pleading, yet our Gods were thwarted, left crippled by the Mad God and our prayers were left unanswered. The bodies of our kin were buried in a molten glass of sands, their hands stretched out in supplication against the massacre of our race. Few of us were spared. Defeated, our small surviving race went back to our beloved forest of Tel Aranae Quessir, our numbers greatly diminished and thinned, what once a lush race of T'aquar Adhiels was now but a sparse whisper of once a great and noble roar.

We are slowly dying.

Yet even in our forest, darkness loomed. Must we sacrifice all of our noble blood for the darkness to vanish? Our majestic city of Taloh was torn down, demons and fire ravaged our forest, even in the sanctuary of our weald, our blood were being butchered. Black smoke blanketed our majestic city; fire burned the trees, kindling them to ashes, wails were heard, cries for help floated as the demons attacked us. It was a sad night for the race of the Adhiel. Fathers, mothers, daughter and sons of T'aquar died on that holocaust, T'aquar was awashed with a river of blood, our blood, our race slowly being fed into the fire of extinction.

Cities were abandoned; villages left unattended since almost all of us were left homeless, refugee inside our own realm. Yet, there still loomed trials before us. In the west, Orcs harassed the border of our forest realm. In the south, the zealots of the One God marched on, craving for our blood and there will be no escape against their madness.

Will there be dawn for the race of the T'aquar Adhiels? I am afraid that this is our last age.

We pray that there is hope for us.

If not, we pray that you remember us.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The once ignorant elf reads the tear-stained parchment, and with each passing sentence he feels like he could not possibly handle any more, but he read on. He knew nothing of this, he was never told of the blood of the Taquar adhiels. He knew little of the war to begin with, but he was almost certain that it was against demons and Orcs, but... now this??

His fist clenches almost to the point of drawing his own blood. He starts to loudly shout "How can-?" But he catches himself immediately, and his eye begins to twitch. Very quietly as he finishes the text, his blood begins to boil. Anger, an emotion he has never felt strongly before, is raging inside of him, and as he fights to control this alien emotion, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

Oh Dad... If only you were here to see this, thank the heavens you and mother were taken to Aether before our own people brought such sickening shame and disgrace to our hometown. How!? How can this go unpunished? Is there no justice amongst the gods? Something must be done... But I'm sure that there are already rebellious ones, who are plotting for retribution. My ears shall remain open for them.

The mortified young elf leans toward his brother and whispers. "Mother... Is that your Goddess? My Father told me when I was a child about, well I don't really remember, but he was originally from the Seven Isles and he mentioned three that made a, union of light or something like that. Mother, Father, and, I can't remember the third but well... I always disagreed with the obsessive and ignorant fashion in which Dominicans worshiped, but my father hushed me and warned that I must present myself as a Dominican to live peacefully here. I... I never thought that I was splashing so much blood on my name when I did that... I... The Mad God... I'd heard that but..." He feels despair as he clutches the paper in his hand, He looks down at it and his heart slows, he recovers his mind, recollects and goes on, grateful they are in the far corner distant from other patrons, and in a voice completely inaudible to any further from him than Mikail.

"I don't know that I can ever call myself a Dominican again... When we go on this trade commission... Maybe we best not return, there is so much that I need to learn, to make up for my ignorance." Folding the parchment and placing it in his satchel he does his best to well up his reserve of valor, and he hopes that his extreme emotions may be alleviated by the happiness potion he recently consumed.

"I would like for you, at least once a day, to tell me a little bit about our home and our history, before the holocaust, during, and after. Despite that, we should continue our business as normal. Suspicions are high, and we still have much to do for our Trade Mission."

I still have to find the Baron, I have to learn to be a good leader, and a skilled combatant and tactician. But I'll do that tomorrow
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

As Haikan was reading, Mikail began thinking about his potion. I think I understand now. The reason it keeps failing! If you mix powders in a humid environment, they will lose their potency and in some cases, such as this one, chemically change altogether! I suppose I can't make a potion just anywhere. I'll have to do my sensitive work in a closed room on a dry day. I can only mix lipidous and solid materials in a humid environment because they won't be saturated. I was an idiot to think I could handle something like this. Kairot showed me the ingredients, but I don't yet know enough to make potions this advanced. I'd better stick to the more mundane things, like mouthwash. Mistakes like this could cost me my life... I got lucky this time, I'd better not be so hasty anymore.

Haikan began to look very disturbed. The message was obviously getting to him. I'm glad... he chose family over the Mad God. I'm one step closer to the capability of making a difference.
Last edited by Mikail on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

He's got to be telling the truth, there's no way he would take such a risk if he wasn't my blood relative.

"Brother, would you like to speak further of this in the privacy of my home? It is quite dangerous in a place such as this, and I long to hear more of your people... Well, my people. I have many questions, but I wouldn't dare raise them in public. You say you are stricken with poverty? I'll grant you shelter. But I'm trusting you, and you have to give me your comradeship and trust me, and I in turn will trust you. I don't think that your potion worked, but I'll take note of any change in feeling I have."

I don't feel anything just yet, I think it's safe to leave about now, I'll wait another minute or two, but I'm tired and would like to sleep soon.
Mikail
Civus

Post by Mikail »

"Granted, it is not safe to discuss much more here." Mikail began gathering his things around him, and began stringing his bow. "I will tell you everything I know, and I will be your comrade. After all, you're the reason I came to King's Court."

After rounding up all of his things, Mikail met eyes with Haikan. "Shall we?"
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Sure, let's head to the Poor Quarter to find your horse. In the morning I have some business with the Baron, and then we have to meet our two business associates at my house and go to the library. I would like to do some research regarding Magick and the practicality of Learning Magick there, but that can wait until tomorrow."

He waves his hand again for his brother to follow him, and if he follows, they walk out of the Tavern.
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Locked for skilling

(Avatar by LEW 1998)

Return to “KC Archive”