KC: Michel's House with a Guest - Jygust 30th MT II

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Michel Carbonneau
Commander of the Kings Court Army

Post by Michel Carbonneau »

"Good, very good lieutenant." Michel liked Eli, both as a soldier and as a person. He was a great kid and would make it far in the army, with or without Michel.

He thought about other issues that he wanted to discuss with Eli when he suddenly made an interesting slip up. He put his mug on the table and sat up straight, clearly very interested into what the lieutenant had to say. "Not that anyone...what, lieutenant?" He grinned. "Tell me, what do they think of me? What do they say?" He waited for Eli to get a bit more uncomfortable before he made it just a little worse. "Don't make me give you an order to tell me, Eli. It can't be that bad."

Michel had already thought of a way how to make Eli much more uncomfortable if he wouldn't tell him. He could always ask the butler to bring out Cook so that Eli could tell her in person how much he liked her food. But that might just be too much for the poor kid. He chuckled even thinking about it. Man this was a good meal. He had needed this break today. He felt quite relaxed, much more than when he had just gotten to his office this morning. Even with all the stuff that had happened, it was for another day. This day was about freeing Pax and getting Kings Court under his control.
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Just -err, it's really nothing, sir," Eli said quickly, interjecting his questions with an almost plea until Michel mentioned the word order. The young man's shoulders slumped slightly.

"The guys, they just talk about you not having a wife and things, that's all." Guys was one particular lieutenant, but Eli wasn't about to sell his identity for his own slip-up. "I mean - not that it's a bad thing, but one would think that you'd be doing that... and kids." Doing that and kids? Nice... very smooth. You're talent with your native language is almost astounding at times. He chided himself inwardly in hopes that Michel wouldn't outwardly.

"Not doing kids, I mean, having kids, and not you.. shit, Commander, you know what I mean." Crimson stung his cheeks again. "They're just surprised you're not doing that, that's all." And some of them are wondering why. "I think you're damn lucky, not having anyone but your self to report to - you know, at home and all. Most the guys who are handfasted only complain about it anyway. Personally, I think they're just jealous."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Michel Carbonneau

marriage.....kids? He had thought about it before, most of the people he knew from his youth were already married, already had the kids. Most of them had more than one. But not him, not Michel. He had been too busy with his career at first to be really interested in the girls. His interest in women had come later. For some reason he suddenly felt like he had to explain his reasoning to Eli. He managed to give the lieutenant a slight grin.

"I uhh...you know...." He sighed. "Most of the things you might have heard are..slightly overrated. I haven't had every girl in Kings Court...there are still some left." His grin grew wider. "Seriously though, I've never found the right one. And, unlike a lot of guys, I don't feel like getting married just out of political or social reasons.

"The other thing is, if I never date any women, how will I find the right one?" Sure, he wasn't directly looking for a potential wife, but Eli didn't have to know that. A little feisty kitten to play with was so much fun. It was too bad for Eli that he didn't realize that. "I'm just looking around, Eli. Unfortunately, I haven't found her yet. But, since we're getting personal here. What about you? Married? Kids? Significant other?"
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The Commander's sentiments made sense. He was a busy man. For how young he was, he had an important position. That meant forgoing something in his life - the family was the first to go. Eli could get that. One of his brothers was like that.

"Me? Hahaha.. right, married," he laughed uproariously. "Ahh... well, I'm just shit with girls, if we're being honest." Eli managed to not blush at the topic, merely because there were none of the fair gender around, thus making it easier to speak of them. "There've been a few I thought about.. oh, and then one last summer that I wish I hadn't thought about, because it turned out she was more of a handful than I could've imagined. Redheads..." He grinned and lifted his red-hued eyebrows in emphasis with a wide smile.

"I should like to get married and have children, though. It's the thing to do, isn't it?" He shrugged. It was the way things were. Eli just hadn't found a woman who'd accept his proposal. He could be.. perhaps.. a little early in the suggestion of marriage if only to skip right to the intimacy of which he'd had little experience in. "It's just the thing to do later I think."

Finishing up his coffee, Eli set it on the table with a confident and filled sigh. "That.. was some fine food. Dominicus praised," he said. "I imagine I should get back to my post and earn my keep. I will report to you first thing tomorrow morning if I hear anything referring to the girl." He didn't yet rise, still awaiting his dismissal from the Commander before departing, just incase he had anything further to add.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Michel Carbonneau

Michel nodded. "You've got time. Lots of nice women in Kings Court. He thought about Ophelia for a moment. "There are some beautiful women in Pax as well. Might want to check that out sometimes, Lieutenant."

He finished the last of his meal as well, standing up from the table. "Alright, Eli. Good luck and let me know. I'll be in the Palace in the morning, probably in my office. Oh and also keep a look out for the Mercs. I want to find out more about them too."

He waited until Eli had left the house before he decided to take a quick bath himself. He needed some time to think before he went to Pax. It was time for some planning.

OOC: I'm pretty much done here. Need to think about his next moves! Thanks for the thread, it was fun!

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Can't wait to see what you cook up next! Locked for skilling!

SKILLS:

Tactics: +*
Last edited by Ashari on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “KC Archive”