My dream has never died or lived again... Jy 30t GT (closed)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

"I know a thing or two about mistakes..." He said, and he clasped her hand with his. Sadness, fear, disappointment, regret, horror; they were all dissipating into a void and there were no emotions left in his heart. Politely he spoke, and slowly, as he was nearing the end.

Thank you Kyraii, for being with me. I am sorry that I am so selfishly concerned of my own acts up to now." He said, and in the emptiness there was a small growing warmth. He may have been dying, but it wasn't alone, and right now the company with Kyraii was the only thing keeping him sane- not that it would matter for much longer. All my emotions, thoughts and goals will be as dust... Even these thoughts now do not matter, for in moments I will be gone, and no longer able to think... But Kyraii, she is here as I lose my body and mind to death. She shall pick up my torch... He felt an irrational closeness to her, as his heart slowed.

"Kyraii, please live your life, and love. Spread that love and happiness to all those you know, and throughout the kingdom. It is my dying wish. And please... Remember me through your years. I know that if there is a life after this... I'll remember you..." He closed his eyes and allowed himself to not go out emotionless. There was one feeling that remained in the infinite blackness. His love for existance and life, which was to live on through Kyraii, stood strong. There was still...

Love.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Haikan, giving over to the descending darkness, felt a peace welling in his heart unlike any other he'd felt before. He was down to the last few burns, now, and a smooth tingling had replaced his pain as his brain shut down that part of himself. It was the sweet embrace of the Mother Goddess as she collected her lost child with matronly affection. Kyraii was a strong young woman, but her heart wrenched as he told her to move forward - to live and to love. In her eyes he so purely embodied the one-ness that so many others strove to gain through their faith but couldn't achieve. Beyond that, he was a hero and had saved her own life from the great menaces. How could she love anyone more?

"I will remember you always, Verida..." She whispered and grasping at a fistful of dirt she turned it upward in her palm. From it grew a small sprout with a red tip, and from that a bright red leaf with another across from it in mirror which then gave over to another pair, and another, the rapidity of it increasing as the flickers passed, at an exponential rate that continued uncompromised. "And so will everyone else," Kyraii said, and placed the still-growing handful of roots next to his dying body so that they could fasten to the dirt there and expand. "Where there is death there is life," she said while tears erupted from her copper flecked eyes. The metal in them swamped over the green as her magicks continued to work while her fingers flicked and twitched in urging the plantlet to grow.

Bark started to develop over the base of the sapling, and it in turn snaked up the ever increasing height of the Red Rock Maple - a tree common to rocky outcroppings from the edges of T'aquar up the Howling Ice Mountains. Known for it's bright leaf coloring and rough black bark. The simple and small leaves gave over to five-petaled hand like leaves whose edges were rimmed in bolder red. This small tree continued to grow, and as his life slipped away the adolescent upright tree ate of his energy to help it grow. Haikan was given the feeling of soul and something far greater than himself via the taste of rain upon his leaves and the itch of his roots to the soil and the soft and nurturing energy of Kyraii's guiding hand as winds swept against his branches making him stronger until he was of such as size as for Kyraii to think him safe.

"I shall tend to you always, Verida," she said, and knelt to the ground after much time had passed. She felt the coarse bark, and rose to gather rocks to provide Haikan a cairn. Once stacked she curled up next to it, falling asleep at the base of his trunk beneath the canopy umbrella as the sky broke with long rays of white light.

OOC: Well played, Haik! Sadly, you don't recall anything of this dream in the morning excepting for a great foreboding concerning being late. Up to you whether he shrugs it off or is haunted by it - or something in between!
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Return to “KC Archive”