[Jy-30]ET Homecoming

Moderator: Mods

Skylar
Civus

[Jy-30]ET Homecoming

Post by Skylar »

Immediately her thoughts went to her family. To her stepfather and her sister and brothers. Pa knew, but the younger ones didn't know the secret that she had kept from them. They were still too young to handle the truth the maiden imagined as she stood over her mother's tombstone, a single flower dangled from her right hand.

'With loving memory a loving mother and a beautiful wife' it said. Skylar's eyes went to the years of her life. 1225 listed as the yahren of her death, 1172 was her birthyear. A sigh escaped the lips of the blonde haired girl. "1172," she mumbled as she looked up towards the night sky.

Mother...

Skylar knew that that was just a number probably chosen by her father as the yahren of her birth. Truth be told, Skylar's mother had lived well over 500 yahren, or so she told Skylar one many occasions when Sky was just a small child. The maiden knelt down and placed the flower beside the tombstone where her mother rested.

I love you

Her mother hadn't been dead long. Just a few months but the emptiness she left in the maiden's life would probably take an eternity to fill. Who knew the sadness that her mother had felt in all her yahren on Tazlure? Skylar stood up and turned around, she could her the kids playing inside the house. She could smell her pa's cooking.

Skylar took a few flickers to get herself together before entering the house again. The last time her siblings had been fast asleep. Skylar didn't know how they would react to seeing their sister who had been gone the past few months. She would soon find out.

"Jacob," she called out first as she neared the quaint little house that was her home. "Evan... Sarah, it's me." Excitement raced down her spine as she called out their names. She wanted to hug them so hard that she feared she'd break them.
Last edited by Skylar on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
As virgin as olive oil.
Image © All avatars
Gutter Rat
Retired staff

Re: [Jy-30]ET Homecoming

Post by Gutter Rat »

If Skylar feared that she would break the children by hugging them too hard, the children gave no such thoughts to the matter of breaking her as they burst through the door and latched on with a ferocity never before seen in nature, for even the hungriest constricter in the family of snakes held its prey in a lighter grasp than they did. Skyler would have trouble making out all of the questions and comments made as a tiny chior of voices seemed to sing out at once, the children's mouths moving constantly, barely giving her time to respond. They would at her insistence, calm down and repeat what they had said, of course, but at the flicker, they were a bundle of energy.

To look at them, she would see both the passage and standstill of time, their faces so familiar yet so alien as age shifted them more toward the final design of adulthood and, especially within the girl, Skylar could see her mother's eyes gazing upon her in admiration.
Daemons come out at night...and so do the rats.
Posting availability: Almost daily, if I can swing it.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Archived without skills
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”