By Nightfall (Jygust 30th Early ET)

Moderator: Mods

Damon Ryot
Civus

By Nightfall (Jygust 30th Early ET)

Post by Damon Ryot »

What a day. Damon mused. He couldn't have been any right in that case, events had so far unfolded in a manner that was beyond his control, or possible rationalization. Coincidence seemed to play the foremost role, fate cast as a minor, with all the rest of their colleagues following closely.

The first mark of the Evening tide was just beginning, or halfway, he couldn't tell but for the skies. Their azure hue was slowly disintegrated, replaced by a range of darker colours swirling and swirling, until darkness would be the only primary hue upon the canvas. Rather beautiful, he admitted with all his heart, yet treacherous in its enthralling quality. Days went, some fast; others tad bit slower. It depended merely on perspective and, to a degree upon the powers of perception, how one viewed the world. For some, day began at the first strike of the morning bells; others preferred the night. He wasn't among the latter.

Have to find shelter. Quick for that matter. With absolutely no money on him, any contacts or want to reside to the shadows; he was having a hard time to find somewhere to stay for the night.

All he had on him were the clothes he now wore, his father's sword; his wits, and a very special new friend perching upon his right shoulder. Celeste was her name, a bird who could talk, at least with him. She originally belonged to a young woman named Esther, whom he met in the afternoon. Infatuated, as much as he denied, he was also partly in search of her now; for she also possessed the knowledge and skill to tutor him. Reluctantly, probably with a little coaxing from Celeste, he had thought things over, and learning magic of any kind at this point didn't really matter. Even still, though she may not know the rarer art of sorcery, if unwilling to teach him after his...rather crude remarks, information about it could be obtained.

People, from work or otherwise, were diligently heading back home after the day's deeds. They went to their wives and children, hiding from the approaching onset of the night. Meanwhile, people who hid for the day now wormed themselves out from their burrows and holes, ready to begin fulfil their deeds in the near equal time soon to be provided. The achadhiel wasn't afraid, armed even by little skill with the blade; he may just be able to stand up to some of the thugs; yet only some. He doubted whether Celeste would be much of a help. She would just fly off, sitting at a point of vantage, and watch him get pounded by the underworld's finest.

"Do you have any idea what next?" He asked her, none of the worry in his mind seeping into his calm tone of voice.
He was standing by one of the many streets of Roque, unaware of his position, or where next.
Last edited by Damon Ryot on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time fades, even legend...
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

Damon was still near the Mer de la Luna, but he was drawing nearer to town, and his position was just outside the famous shipyard. The bells of buoys warning ships of land could be heard, and seagulls sang their brief and repetitive cries in symphony with one another, matching the sound of the waves that was now being replaced by the sound of feet against wood. He was near the importing area, and there was a span of wooden dock-area with water below it before the Waterworks yard. Celeste had been quiet for a while but being prompted, she looked him in the eyes.

"I don't know Damon, we could find an Inn nearby that would let you work for food, or you could try to earn some money before it gets too late. I'm sure there is someone in the Bazaar or in the Waterworks who could use a hand. I don't rightly know how to get back to the Bazaar from here though..."
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Living in a landlocked small town, Damon had not really seen a ship before in his life, merely depictions and what his father along with others had described to him. Even worse with birds, he mistook the seagulls for...well just ordinary birds, all birds were the same to him after all. Celeste was an exception of course. She was not considered a bird by him, but a person of equal if not much higher intelligence; he even doubted whether she was originally a bird. There was water nearby; the smell of it was clear due to its unusually saline composition, another unfamiliar fact to him. He knew as much about the sea as he knew about birds, after all.

Where in the name of Dominicus am I? He asked himself, annoyed because he didn't like to get lost. However, he hid his thoughts from Celeste with certainly a casual approach to the matter, as if they were drinking but tea together by the dinner table.

"Work." He repeated the precise word she'd used, not really sure why. "Money that is what I need. That or either a place to stay for tonight. If the latter comes my way, I'll go chasing after money tomorrow."
And added as an afterthought to no one in particular.
"And, tomorrow I need to look for Esther too."

He knew he wasn't going back to the bazaar, if that was the place he'd just been in during the tradetide. The throng of people swarming that area, he wasn't used to cleaving his way through hordes after hordes, only to receive due reaction to his action.
Waterworks? There was no meaning to the word at all, having never heard it before in his life, considering again his limited knowledge of the human dialect once more.

Curse you father. Why didn't you teach me better.
It wasn't the old man's fault though. He'd barely learned how to read and write in his youth, and even then, true steel had been his answer to most questions; on paper or otherwise.

"Well, I do need money, even a little I guess." He said finally. "I'll go to this waterworks and ask around, no?"
With or without her consent, he was already off in the general direction of people's voices. He had no idea what to expect, but was determined either to round up some nickels for the night, or just ask for the nearest inn.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Damon approached the Waterworks, he walked right in through the side entrance by the Mer, which should have had a guard watching it, but didn't. As he entered he saw two tall figures standing on the other side of the gates, talking. It was unclear who they were from this standpoint, but they were generally musing and the word 'money' could be heard.

Celeste whispered in his ear. "These people might be able to help you, I'm sure they work here."

The voices of the two were deep and raspy, and they were low enough that most of what they said couldn't be understood. They were both much larger and thicker than most people though, hulks of muscle, probably useful for pounding nails into a board in one swing, or pulling up a sail by oneself.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

"Yes, I'm sure they work here. Look like it anyway." He said to Celeste, when he really was thinking,
If they don't pound me first.

Damon could see their hulking frames from the distance, though they remained but a silhouette. They were much wider than his sleek achadhiel body, probably a couple of inches on top of him too, but he couldn't tell from where he was.

He'd heard them use the word money very clearly. However, the two characters looked a little suspicious, talking in low voices that made sure no one out of earshot could hear them; that being right next to them.
I know I'm going to regret this...

He took out his father's family necklace, giving the inscribed letters a quick kiss, just for the luck. As he set off walking towards them, the young man first realized a question he'd forgot to ask. What kind of work did these two do? He had no idea what they did, but from observing their muscular mass, it wasn't just prancing about a bed of roses.

Alas, he'd already gained the momentum to move with confident strides and a positive outlook, why he knew he couldn't just stop. It would shatter the illusion, not that he was afraid, not at all in fact. His mother just happened to like his face, and he didn't need to upset the poor woman anymore, she'd nearly had a heart attack when he'd left.

Hope all goes well. He prayed silently.

"Excuse me please, gentlemen." He started off as he was within a reasonable ambit, coming to a halt at a respectable few metres away, just probably outside their arm's reach.

He delivered next words quickly, before the other two would recover from his sudden disturbance. "I am sorry to disturb you, but I overheard you two discussing matters of...finance, so as to say. And, I would like to say I am quite in need of some financing, but don't get me wrong. All I want is some honest work, maybe for just tonight or even more, if that is possible. I only request, gentlemen. If I am disturbing, I'll leave than."

Damon took a deep breath at the end, for the very pace of his tongue had fatigued him. He watched to see the effects.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Both men turned around like a swivel as Damon spoke to them. Long capes of cloak whirled around them and he could now see their green faces. They both were almost a foot taller than Damon, despite his incredibly strange height for an achadhiel, who were normally between 5 feet and 5/8. They at first assumed him to be a human from his height, but noticed his pointed ears. They couldn't care less either way, and the one on the left spoke first.

"What's yer name? We could use some honest work. We'll just need ya for the night and you got a crown with yer name on it." He said, but then he pounded his fist against his palm.

"Don't think about any funny business though, or you're face is mush!" The other orc just watched patiently as they discussed. Celeste climbed onto the back of Damon's collar, holding herself up by the hair on the back of his head. These two workers intimidated her.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon had no idea that they were orcs, having only vague ideas of what one was, mostly sparring stories of his old man who had little detail except the clash of steel on steel of course. Damon thought them, now from a closer observation point, to be just two very big and bloody ugly men with seemingly nasty attitudes.

He felt Celeste shrink away from the two, hiding behind his head in the collar of the cloak. He didn't mind, but her holding his hair had him a little irritated. He, however, swept it aside with the prospects presented right then.

"I'm Damon." He introduced himself, making no initiatives at all, or releasing anything more than they'd asked for. "Trust me, funny business isn't my trade, sir."

Although, what the orc meant by funny business passed by him.
Better not think too much. He reminded, especially for his subconscious to take a long doze now. He'd already messed things up with Esther, who was nowhere to be found, and he certainly wouldn't mind a whole crown to his name.

"Well, I am ready any time, gentlemen. Just tell me what to do, and you've got yourselves a diligent aid, with some wits about him too."
Damon couldn't keep himself from flashing his selection of fine ivory teeth, some sort of a trademark of his, hopefully easing these two for the disturbance he'd caused and gain a little more trust.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Sure thing, Damon. There are these folk who have been invading the merchant ships and stealing their goods lately, and we need a scout to let us know when they're going to attack next." The taller of the two handed Damon a bow and an arrow. "You might need this just in case, oh and take this too." He reached into a sack on his side and procured a telescope. "Use that to keep watch for the incoming ship."

Celeste whispered into Damon's ear. "Good luck with this work, Damon, I'll be back in a little bit. I don't like being near too many people at one time... Just be careful not to double cross these folks, or else you might not get any money. Heck you might even get arrested. Take care." And with that she flittered away into the night sky.

The two workers watched the bird fly away, but didn't give it much thought. "Don't worry, we've got your back, Damon, and the workers aboard the ship can fight, in case you get into too much trouble."
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon could only feel an encompassing sadness touch his heart, for as Celeste flew off, worry couldn't be warded off no longer. He couldn't understand why she was so intimidated by these two, they didn't look honest enough, sure a bit gruff, yet they had an air of importance about them. Not bent on money, there was denying he was in dire need of some, and urgently lest the night swallow him up. He hoped she would return eventually, already she'd assumed the power and magnitude of a talisman within him, even after just a short afternoon.

Maybe because she can talk. And he had to accept, talking colourful birds weren't you everyday's theme.

He took the bow and arrow, not too adept though, he still probably could knock an arrow a few feet if need be, with what he'd played around in his childhood. He slung the bow from his shoulder, the very spot where Celeste had just been, and just held the arrow in his left as the right accepted the telescope from the taller fellow. Another queer sight, but he did well to hide his puzzlement, not wanting to look stupid in front of the two lest they call him off the job at hand.

"Good to hear that. But, do not worry, gentlemen. I too have some skill with the blade." He removed his cloak to shortly flash his father's parting gift, a fine one indeed.

Taking up his business approach to the matter again, he commenced to ask a few questions related to the task presently.
"Now, if I may ask, sirs. I understand I'm to look for possible criminal activity aboard an arriving ship and then am I to report to you, joining in with quelling the crooks, no? Again, is it a particular sort of ship, or is there the possibility of them attacking just any incoming one."

He stopped there, recalling Celeste's warnings about the going to prison, and not attempting to cause trouble.
How can I? Am I not doing an honest, if not an honourable, deed here by stopping these vandals.
Over with sentiments, he proceeded to ask something more.

"Where would you like to position myself? And could I inquire what I am to do with a bow, and an arrow? No offense meant, sirs, merely my curiosity." He put proper emphasis on having been given only a single arrow, which had him perplexed now. He was still trying to come up with more questions to ask, wishing to be as thorough as was possible.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Good that you have skill with a blade. We assumed by your sword that we could hire you, trusting your ability to defend yourself." The shorter of the orcs spoke, his voice friendlier than the others. "Don't worry though, you'll be in good company, you'll be joinin the merchant ship, but they need to know you ain't a thief when you're boardin'." He said and he pointed to the bow and arrow.

"That's why you got that bow. It ain't fer defedin', it's fer signalin'. If you see the boat, and there ain't no lights on board, ya look with the spyglass to see if there's anyone on the deck, there shouldn't be. Then, yer to shoot this arrow onto the deck, so they knows yer comin', and then take that dinghy over yonder to board. They'll tell you what to do from there."

He pointed over his shoulder to the edge of a dock, and there was sure enough, a small boat tied off at the very end of the pier.

"You got any questions?"
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

It all began to make sense, bit by bit, as the shorter counterpart explained the deal to him. There was little room left for more questioning, not that he had anything to add really, mostly content to be so. However, he thought he had only been needed as a lookout, but seemingly he had duties reaching beyond mere observation.
Perhaps I'll ask a little extra at the end. But, the thought was immediately whisked away. Damon didn't want to be greedy; in fact, he disliked greedy people and those solely after money.
Life's got more than money, boy. He recalled his father telling him vividly. Take what you need to go on, leave the rest for the dogs to fight over.

A small smile curved his lips, only for a flicker, before he was back to business.
"No, I believe not." He said, going over the details once more. "You want me to wait here and observe when a merchant ship with its light off comes. Then I am to use this bow and arrow to signal them that I'm coming, using the dinghy over there, and wait for further instructions, no?" He paused momentarily, still checking a third time. He saw no flaws or loopholes so far, not that they were but the two most charming gentlemen, but caution was still best and logical reasoning; a sound plan would help too.

"So, when do you think the ship would be arriving, in order for me to somewhat estimates its arrival?" He hoped it was soon, it was getting dark after all, and around the sea it could get a bit chilly.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"That's right, locate ship, shoot arrow, take dinghy, board ship, await instruction." He said, wrapping it up, evidently growing impatient. "Go ahead and get a move on, already. The ship will be here any burn now." He said, and he slapped his fellow orc on the back. "Let's go, Nido."

The two orcs began to walk towards a stone building in the middle of the Waterworks, in the other direction from the pier Damon was instructed to wait by. He could see the dark form of a ship looming in the distance drawing near him, with another pier on the other side. The dinghy was tied off at the end of his dock, and the ship was headed to come in between his dock and another, the two docks being separated by about one hundred and fifty meters of water. There were three workers on the dock opposite him, but they seemed to know what they were doing, and they were more than shouting distance from the boy.

There were no lights on the ship.
Last edited by Haikan on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon watched as the two orcs left, noting to memory that the taller fellow was Nido, not really for anything but archive such; he liked to know people's names when he met them the second time. Good manners you see, and it gave a good impression of friendliness, no matter what.

The young achadhiel took up position so he could see anything clearly till the very horizon, where his vision discerned the horizon, while the telescope was held limp in his hand and the arrow still gripped tightly in the left. In an instant, as the orc had promised, he already saw the silhouette of a ship against the murky backdrop of the great canvas.

It was still, however, too far for him to see much then. To even talk about shooting arrows was nonsensical. That was when he realized, that actually apart from his childhood, he'd never shot an arrow, even those as a child he'd played had been mere fancy toys.
What if I miss? He was aghast at such a possibility. Failure to deliver; complete his assignment, this was an issue of his pride dragged to the shallows.

Momentarily, his face flushed from the induced agitation generated from his galloping thoughts, and his confidence was literally sunk. It had all seemed so simple, easy in fact. Just wait for a ship, shoot an arrow, row a little bit and that's all. He shook his head violently, trying to get rid of the disturbing images of being pounded flat by his two employers.
There was no room for error.

Returning to real life, he saw the ship up closer now. It had no lights on.
My cue, with fate. He smiled, though not all the anxiety had dissipated yet.

Damon took no notice of the workers around; he thought there was no need to, since they hadn't been involved in the job in the first place.
He took a stand at a comfortable place, where he was directly opposite of the ship, about to ready, aim, and-

"Wait!" He loosened the arrow on the bow. "Am I meant to shoot the arrow while the ship is on the move, or when it's stopped?"
He was puzzled, blaming himself for not having been thorough enough. Weighing the two, after a burn or so, he eventually came to decide on the latter as a more suitable option.

"By Dominicus, they may think I'm attacking them." He laughed a little at this ambush scenario. "Better just wait till they dock."

I wonder where Celeste is. Furthermore, where is Esther? I hope she still isn't mad at me...such a pretty woman. I wonder if that's how her hips really shaped, what of the backside; mind-numbing, and those lips, ah!

He may have gone on and on till the early hours, if not for his snappy subconscious.
Damon, concentrate!
And concentrate he did, damn it.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The ship was drawing nearer, but it did not dock. It stopped as it was still fifty meters away, as if waiting for something. He could see Celeste flying overhead, but she seemed to have purpose in where she was going, and she disappeared beyond the ship.

Aside from that, there was nothing, other than the sound of ringing bouy bells and rippling waves.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon did catch a glimpse of Celeste, flying high and far from him, disappearing from sight the next flicker.
Where is she going?

However, the incoming ship caught his attention. Unusual enough, instead of the ship to dock, she came to a stop some fifty or so metres off the harbour.
What's this?
She didn't move, at all, for a burn and more as he stood there observing her. Without a speck of light, he knew what this meant for him.

"Time to earn my crown." He said jovially.
Once more, the bow slid into his cold clammy hands, the arrow in place he took aim.
Hope I get this right... He only had one chance, and one chance only, otherwise he could kiss the crown goodbye; his pretty face too.

Summoning extreme calm and concentration, after half a burn of making precise mental calculations and positioning, he let loose with all flair, using nearly every inch of muscle he possessed.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Damon's arrow flew with a glorious and satisfying arc overhead, and it landed with a thunk! on the deck. The ship continued to remain stationary, except one man stepped out of the shadows where the arrow had struck. The man looked around for awhile, but even though he was far away, he appeared to be waving Damon over. He soon slinked back into the shadows, and nothing more was visible at this distance in this lighting, aside from the ship and the water.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon was most satisfied to see he did possess some marksmanship after all; for the arrow flew in a lazy but decisive arc, landing somewhere on the ship's desk evidently, though he couldn't hear it hit the deck.
Not half bad, if I say so myself.

He was not quick enough to utilize the telescope; however, he was unable to see the person who appeared on the deck, as the man soon was engulfed by the ship's blanketing darkness.
Was he waving at me?

He slung the bow back round his shoulder, and set off, in the direction of the dinghy. Energized already from his initial success, he glided across to the small boat. Once again, his inexperience with ships and water-related things was imminent. He had by now realized where he was, he wasn't that ignorant, but he'd never rowed a boat to talk of even having been onboard one before.

"By Dominicus." He said, inspecting the dinghy set before him. "It's going to take me forever to get there. Not sure if these can take me there." He looked at somewhat undeveloped arms, wishing he'd possess more of his father's brawn right now than his mother's brains and agility.

Oh well. He merely shrugged his shoulders. Open to new experiences, a little physical exercise wouldn't be bad for him anyway. He only hoped he'd have enough energy left in case of a fight broke out onboard her grace.

Damon sat down in the small boat, clearly meant for no more than two people, if even those two could fit in. He gave his necklace another small kiss for luck, and set off, his hands working as his arms pumped them to row and row, until he'd hopefully reach his destination.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Though he'd never rowed a boat before, gliding across the water was surprisingly easy- especially with just one person aboard. It only took him a burn and a half to get out to the ship, and when he did, he could hear footsteps active on board. A rope ladder was thrown down for him.

"You must be the scout! Well, get on board now, hear?" Hushedly barked another raspy, masculine voice at Damon. He couldn't see the source, but it sounded characteristically similar to the voice of Nido and his associate.

"You'll get yer orders and your first payment when you get on board!"
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

The rowing was like child's play to him. It didn't take long for him to eventually reach the ship, and as soon as he'd come next to it; he heard a certain number of people on board walking here and there. A rope ladder followed soon.

Damon heard the voice, that of a male's and, certainly similar to the man Nido and his shorter counterpart.
Probably more ugly men. He amused himself with, though swept prejudice aside when he heard that he was about to receive his first payment once on the ship's deck.

He climbed as fast as he could, a lot faster than he rowed for certain, and quickly joined the rest of the crew on the ship.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Two greasy thick hands grabbed his shoulders as he neared the top. Those greasy hands were twice the size of his own, and belonged to a massive green man, who was much burlier than even Nido. He was pulled onto the deck, roughly, and the man threw him to the ground, about two meters away from himself, and began to bark orders at him.

"Alright you piece of crap! Our cook is dead and we need you to make us food! Got any problems with that? You can share his fate!" Shouted the orc. He had no weapons, but he was a good deal thicker and brawnier than Damon was, and he had an assistant standing behind him, who was also weaponless, and a good deal thinner. Other than the three of them. There was noone on the ship.

"You thought you were gettin' into honest work? Moron! Orcs and humans don't work together, unless it's filthy stinkin business with knives under the table. And don't you ever forget it!" He shouted. Once again he could see Celeste buzzing overhead, and she locked eyes with him. If and when he looked up at her, she would buzz away, back towards the docks.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

When a pair of strong hands grabbed him from his shoulders, he initially expected a little help, but was shocked for his light body to be tossed more than two metres across the deck. He wasn't actually hurt too badly, just a few small scrapes and other from the friction. He was about to stand up to argue against such brutal treatment, when he saw the enormous green man standing before him, forcing his gaze to travel skyward nearly.

These guys keep on getting bigger and uglier all the time. He wasn't amused though.

Before he could open his mouth to talk, the green man was in voice, and oh boy, wasn't he really in voice. He got a load of spit on his face, sadly, that wasn't the most exciting part of the little sermon.
Cook? By Dominicus, what am I in? He worried silently, as the man continued shouting.

Orc? Is that what this man...I mean person is?
That was when his father's acute description surfaced, and it couldn't have been any less more pin-pointed.

'Remember to watch out for anything big, green, and bloody ugly, boy. These are orcs, boy. They speak bad, smell bad, and ain't no good idea to hang around with them.'

Marvelous, absolutely fantastically marvelous. Must be Dominicus' children, ugly things. He was revolted, but knew to hide it, he had no intention of joining their former cook; he couldn't swim very well after all.

"As you wish, sir." He answered flatly.

He didn't see Celeste, his eyes locked on the large orc, and the smaller friend of his. He noticed that there were only two of them aboard, but who knows, more of them might be hiding or sleeping down below.
Have to be careful here. Real careful.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Good boy" it said.

"You'll refer to me as boss, and this kid here is Waiga." He stuck a thumb out toward his shorter, thinner counterpart. "You behave, I'll be righ' back with your list of wares you can work with! Waiga, keep an eye on him!" And he left, going into an elevated door that undoubtedly led under, with a curved roof that went down to the floor.

Splash, splash. There were sounds coming from Damon's dinghy, clawing sounds and splashing, but Waiga didn't seem to notice.

"Alright kid just don't try anything funny and e'rything'll be just fine, you might not die if you're good." He said, and he leaned against the wall and began to whittle at what looked like an ugly round oval of wood.

"And don't try jumpin' off, I'm the best swimmer from my clan. If you try to get away, you'll be breathin' water, if you catch my drift."

splash, splash
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

He watched as the large brute left, heading below deck probably, to get his wares or whatever. As he disappeared, Damon now took a more detailed inspection of the smaller orc that had been told to guard him. Waiga was his name, and if it had had a meaning; it would most likely be along the line of a wimp. Waiga was still significantly taller and wider than him of course, but he doubted the orc was as much of a threat as this other one, but better to evaluate the situation in the long-run.

He heard the splashes, clearly coming from the direction where his small boat was. Waiga didn't hear or care and Damon thought not to say anything just yet. Anyway, he wasn't ready to fight his way out, and escape seemed improbable. He may be faster than the orc on land and much more agile, but they were sounded by maybe more than fifty metres of water. He couldn't swim at all, and didn't doubt the orc when he said he would catch him. Drowning didn't sound pleasant either.

The splashing continued, but he still tried to ignore it, concealing his worry from his face.
"So, Waiga." He said, enunciating the name carefully. "I understand that this is no honest business you people are into. What is it exactly that you, your boss and Nido with his friend are up to here?"
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Waiga snorted. His form was sleek, and nimble. Not quite as agile looking as Damon, but vastly moreso than Boss. He stabbed his wooden oval and snapped it in half.

"What do you care? You ain't gettin' out to tell nobody! All we're up to is makin' people realize the truth behind our ostracism. You fuckin' elves and humans think you're so god damned perfect, and when one of us shows up for a drink, you run us outta town! Despicable, loathsome, arrogant selfish people." He pointed the knife at Damon.

"Yer all the same! Nobody gives a shit about an orc, and that's just how it is! So, we're here to retrieve one of our own kind, who works in the shipyard, and build us a small army. We're going to have some fun with Roque D'Ancourt! Gyahahahahaha!!!!" His cackle was bloodcurtling, and the clawing and splashing was growing fainter by the dinghy. The sound of bubbles could now also be heard.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

This man-orc I mean. He's crazy.
He wasn't intimidated by the orc's knife pointed at him, and neither was he impressed by his raving and ranting. As far as he remembered, he'd never done anything to an orc before, hell; he hadn't even met one until now. And, what a first impression he had already.

"Good to hear that at least one of you does some honest work." He said.

Then, he realized what had just been revealed to him by Waiga.
He said I wasn't going nowhere.

That meant he was going to end up like their former cook after all. He needed to escape somehow, before the big fellow would return, against whom he'd have no chance with even his swordplay. He'd be crushed, and with Waiga on his side; the two against one prospect didn't sound flattering at all.
Rather, three against one. He thought dryly.

The splashing noise continued, with all the clawing accompanying it. Then, bubbles, like-
Someone's drowning... He realized. Although he wasn't entirely sure of that.

Without Waiga's consent, he edged carefully beside towards the side where the noises were coming from, to peer over to see what was going on down there.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”