A Bard in the House - Promonade Theatre (Early ET Chyril 22)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

From behind of Rhoddrin and Vito a hiss of anger was to be heard followed by "Sshe won't be happy... Vita... ssss'not al all !!!"

Vita waited for none, he dashed down the street, forcing his way around corners until he finally succumbed to his fatigue and crashed into the stones. Blood dripping from his lips while he was fighting to get some air into his lungs.

"We...... we.... we.... have.... to.... hide....have...to... ask.... call Lida.. hiding" he pushed something that looked like a shell with a hole in it, in Rhoddrin's hand and lost his contentiousness...
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

As the fat man spat his warning at Vito, the thought of a snake spitting came too Rhoddins mind again, but he hardly had time to process the thought as he followed the older man.

Although younger and fitter than Vito, something seemed to have given the older man a burst of energy, maybe it was fear, but whatever it was the younger man needed all his concentration to keep up with him as they dashed through the streets outside.

He only finally caught up with the older man as he crumpled to the pavement, passing something to Rhoddin, and mumbling about hiding and finding someone, Lida, whoever that might be.

Rhoddin squatted next to Vito, offering him some support, and attempting to wipe some of the blood away from his mouth. "Steady old man. Steady now, let's find a quieter place, and maybe you can tell me about Lida." Even as he spoke, Rhoddin realised the older man was unconscious.

Confound me in the Seven Hells, now what! Rhoddin knew that something was clearly amiss, and maybe he had got into something he shouldn't have, again.

But here he was and there was little else to do. He pocketed the object that Vito had passed him earlier, and used his not inconsiderable strength to hoist the old man up, supporting him with an arm across his back.

Now where the devil am I, it would have been hard enough if he knew the city a bit better, but they had just dashed down streets he didn't know, and his sense of direction was lost, at least for the moment.

Looking around Rhoddin searched for a comfortable, and safe place to seat Vito, to see if he could get some sense out of the old man.
[color=blue]Back from the brink, but still lost, damn some times just never change.[/color]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The old man murmured in several strange languages, in a feverish voice... Liangua Lida, Asstradia marda enia Lida..... Strangely enough every time when the word Lida left Vito's lips, the pocket where Rhoddin had placed the shell seemed to warm up.

It was a very quiet alley with old and worn cobble stones, ignored by the local people. The ancient alley that had no entrances nor window openings, It even ended in a old brick wall. It would be a death trap for someone who was followed by a enemy. If there was something strange about the place it would be the fact that it was clean, especially compared to the usual state of the city roads.. Maybe that was because nobody lived here, not even low level beggars....

I was easy to leave the alley and enter the main streets again.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

The young bard listened to Vito's words, committing them to his memory, even though he did not understand them. Maybe he could puzzle them out later. He also couldn't help but notice the effect of the word Lida on his pocket, and by inference the object that Vito had passed to him. Still, no time to ponder that at the moment.

Rhoddin looked around, initially dismayed by the apparent dead end they had stumbled into, then somewhat interested by the unusual state of cleanliness that the alleyway seemed to be kept in. Even if it was abandoned by human traffic, there was little chance that animals wouldn't make there way here, unless it was clean for another reason.

The easy option was simply to leave, but Rhoddin sensed that maybe something else lurked here that needed a bit of further investigation.

Placing himself between Vito and the entrance of the alley, Rhoddin allowed his conscious and sub conscious to merge, entering a light trance that enabled him to perceive the flowing energies around him. It seemed to the young man that his ability in this strange art was increasing each time he used it.

It this strange half world of his trance he observed the alleyway again, searching for anything that might have been out of place.
[color=blue]Back from the brink, but still lost, damn some times just never change.[/color]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

It took a few flickers, then a new picture showed of the place. The place was filled with strange lines of energy all ending in what seemed to be a door at the end of the alley.

The power and intensity was so great that Rhoddin was almost not aware that one line of energy came from his pocked, ending inside the door.

Shadowy figures watched from the walls, their energetic outlining barely visible, their form lost in Rhoddin's inability to focus. Now all the forms moved towards the bard as if they suddenly became aware of him, it felt like a storming wind coming towards the young man, clearing the alley of all filth.

A strange smell, of what would be called ozone in other worlds was getting stronger.

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

As Rhoddin entered the etheric plane his heightened senses where nearly overwhelmed by what greeted him. The young bard very nearly lost his focus and was close to retreating to the physical plane again, before he managed to assemble his thoughts and cast a quick survey over what he beheld.

Still relatively new to the lore of magic and energy, the young bard perceived a place a power, and clearly some importance. He nearly overlooked the strand of energy that eminated from his pocket, and focused on the door like point at the end of the alley.

Nearly that is, and as his minds eye suddenly was drawn to that thread of energy, only be called back to those energies that surrounded him as they began to swirl and flow towards him.

Rhoddin realised he had two choices, well maybe three. Flee, and hope to outrun the energies that approached, a forlorn hope at the best! Stand and fight the energies that approached, but again this seemed a forlorn idea as the energy in the alley certainly seemed more than he could hope to cope with alone, and it seemed Vito had certainly left him alone for the moment.

Therefore he did the only thing that was left in his mind. Concentrating as best he could, the young man bent down to the ground, resting one knee on the ground and bowed his head, making as small a profile as possible.

Next he pulled his own strands of energy back to himself, fashioning what could at best be described as a shiny cloak, which he wrapped tightly around his etheric self.

Finally, with all the concentration he could muster, the young bard imagined himself as a smooth pebble in the river, with the waters flowing over and around him, slipping by, but not moving him, anchored as he was to the floor of his imaginary river.

These things he sort to achieve in the flicker that existed before he was engulfed in the swirling energies of the alleyway.

It was almost by second nature now that as he sort to avoid oblivion, his free hand grasped the small shiny pearl bequeathed to him by Archlos, those many months before.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

If someone would have watched the young bard in the ally he would have though that the man was a will o the wisp, he was shining with the light of the energetic beings.

Rhoddin's shield hold on easily, as it was clear that the creatures made no attempt to reach the young man's body, still they stayed, sipping on the energy the young man provided. The bard felt his energy flowing away in a alarming rate, he was getting more tired by the flicker..... this was not something that could last long.

Strange enough the creature's totally ignored the fainted Vito on the ground.

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

The young man was surprised when no immediate attack came, he had been sure the entities where about to engulf him.

It was then that he felt the loss of energy, as the entities that assailed him seemed to be sucking his energies away, rather than trying to overwhelm him.

By the seven hells, now what! Clearly his shield was not helping, in fact it seemed to be hindering him. Therefore, he reasoned that if the entity fed off his accumulated energy, concentrated on his shield, the opposite might be his best defence.

Well, here goes nothing... Rhoddin considered the energy about him, then considered it flung to the far reaches, rather than tucked into himself, he imagined himself spread out, far flung, feeling for all corners of the alleyway at once, rather than concentrated on his own body.

At the same time his physical presence threw out his arms, creating the odd tableau of a kneeling man, with his arms flung out seeming to crowd over another man lying unconscious on the ground.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The creatures quickly lost interest and disappeared back into the walls of the ally... Rhoddin still had a feeling that he was being watched. The only visible energy beam was the slight connection between the shell and the what seemed to be a door at the end of the alley.

Suddenly heavy footsteps could be heard rushing towards the alley. And not from one person...

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

Rhoddin breathed a sigh of relief, slowly regaining his energy, with an uneasy feeling of being watched still hanging over him. He noticed the small strand of energy linking the shell like object Vito has given him, and the apparent door at the end of the alleyway.

His temporary reverie was suddenly shattered by the sound of pounding feet, seemingly headed his way. For the love of K'Tan, what now! The young bard had no intention of waiting to find out. If that was a door at the end of the alleyway, he intended to take it, gathering up Vito as best he could, Rhoddin made for the end of the alley, and apparent door that seemed to exist there.

Hoping it was more than an illusion to tired mind he moved as quickly as his burden would allow him.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The wall gave easily way when Rhoddin touched it, sending a flow of cold through his spine while the young man with the weight in his arms stepped into it.

Several things happened after that, first he heard behind him a hissing voice shouting "Sssstop shat bastardy boy.... ssskill him if needed... ssdo it now... damned !!!!!!"

At the same time Rhoddin's eyes where blinded with bright white light, that forced them to tear and made everything disappear into a blurr... from this a clearly female voice stated "What the nether does the cyclopod drag in ? You know that I stay outside the matters of things like you Vito... and what is this young species doing here as well ??
Hell die if he stays here to long !!"

Roddrin's other senses told him something strange... energy was flowing faster now then ever before... it was like time was flowing faster...

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

Hells bells and buckets of blood, for the love of K'Tan what have I gotten into now!

It could have, the young bard would have spluttered, but he couldn't, for some odd reason. In fact he could do bugger all with Vito still in his arms and sight impaired by firstly the blinding light, and then the tears that flowed as a result of the said light.

Even as his mind began to regather itself, he felt the odd flow of the energies around him, yet another cause for concern, and what did she, whoever in the seven hells SHE might be, mean young species?

Gathering his wits together, yet again, the bard faced the voice as best he could. "Sorry to intrude, but well, Vito was in no condition to tell me otherwise, and it would appear to me that there is some odd snake sounding individual out there who seems to think killing me might be a pretty nifty idea.

"Coming through the gate seemed a good idea at the time," and his voice dropped to little more than a whisper, "although I'm not so sure anymore."

Still Rhoddin straightened as best he could, more bluff and bravado than real confidence, he managed to speak once more, "My name is Rhoddin, and I am a bard, previously to the late King Balthazar. It seems I am at a loss as I know not whom I address, or what place this is I find myself.

"I beg your pardon if I intrude, but I merely seek shelter for myself, and my injured companion" at which rhoddin nodded in Vito's direction, "from thos beyond your door who seek us harm."

Figuring he had said enough for the moment, the bard took pause to catch his breath, and better arrange his thoughts, scattered as they were.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Something that seemed to be fingers touched the face of Rhoddin, and the female voice sighed.
Te
"Your even younger then I expected ! How can Vito bring someone in here who is less then at least a hundred of his yahren's old...."

A few flickers passed... "Lets make it a bit more comfortable for you, young species..." suddenly it became pitch dark, what was better then the blinding light. Hands, clearly more then two pulled Vito's body away. While others picked up Rhoddin and placed him on something that was soft and leather like, but warm as was it alive.

"So species called Rhoddin, how does a kings bard end here with Lida ? tell me what do you need of her ? Tell me in your own words what is Vito after... Lida wants to know ... Lida needs to know... So talk while Lida heals Vito, what shall take a file because his infection is bad... Tell Lida why followers of Demon are on her doorstep cursing and swearing while using your and Vito's name.... "

The surrounding darkness fell back into silence...

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

The young bard took the offered seat, although the rather lifelike feel was somewhat disconcerting.

Still, it seemed that the woman, or whoever it was, seemed to be on his side, well Vito's at least.

Taking a breath, and steadying his jangled nerves, Rhoddin began his reply. "Well, Lady Vida, it seems that Vito had heard rumours of cult activity in the West End. He had asked me to investigate these rumours and report back to Vito, why I'm not sure.

"We hadn't got that far when old snake voice out there arrived, and then we were running, and then we were here" again there was a drop in volume, "wherever in the seven hells here might be."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

"Your not that away from the truth as you think with your last remark." she said with clear amusement in her voice.

"Good young species, if Vito trust you I have to trust you. Just know that if you betray us.... you betray more then you ever know...." The last words where sly and lost their amused quality.

Then she resumed drylee "And our name is Lida, you better remember it. It can save your existence. You have skill's that are valuable and we shall ask you to go to the West End and search below the city. Something has found a lair there, and is now collecting servants. Keep my shell with you. Find out what is creating the cult. I have seen its followers and they are growing in numbers. Your reward shall be that, you protect those you care for. Other rewards will follow... we don't forget easily..."

You better leave this place Bard called Rhoddin, before its consumes you. we can see may paths in your future... filled with what your species calls good and evil. You could gather much power and wealth following each of them. Also doom is embedded in both... you better use your voice well."

The shell became warm again and a frame formed emits the darkness...

Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

Rhoddin was having a bit of trouble following the story that being unfurled for him, but it seemed this person was on Vito's side, which by default seemed to be the side the young bard had fallen too as well.

Shrugging his not inconsiderable shoulders, Rhoddin listened to Lida, trying to absorb as much of what she was saying as possible. One thing seemed certain, he had a date in the West End, and he was looking for something unpleasant, and dangerous by the sounds of it.

As Lida finished speaking, and before he could frame any response, it seemed he was bound to exit the darkness, and with a stammered "Look after Vito, he seems a nice old rogue..." as a goodbye, the young bard stepped out of the darkness and into, K'Tan only knew what!
Morg

Post by Morg »

As Rhoddin stepped through the darkness, it retreated around him like a liquid draining away into a gutter, and light began to emerge in front of him. It was the light of many lantern-bearing Mouthie citizens going about their business of mid-eveningtide. He was on the street that ran past the Promenade Theatre and continued into Southbridge and the East Arch. Behind the bard was a solid brick wall, and this one did not give way. For better or for worse, Rhoddin was back in the land of the living, although with only the semi-cryptic words of a mysterious being to guide him.

(OOC: This appears to be a good stopping point, and since this thread is well behind the synch date I'll close it here. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss how to proceed, bearing in mind that the Mouth is closing for play.

Locked for skilling!)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “World's Mouth Archive”