NorthBridge (Entrance Thread)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Julian Sandrose

Post by Julian Sandrose »

"Uh, no. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention and just fell in behind this cart. It is quite interesting about the bondhouses though." Julian watched as the cart he had been following pulled into the bondhouse. Maybe I should go in, just to get an inside glimpse of what is there and the security actually in place.Deciding that he would probably not be allowed in without goods, Julian waved off the idea. "Is there perhaps a merchant guild in town that I may visit? Also I would like a place to rest and find a meal, is there a good inn in the Mouth?" Of course there is an inn, what kind of city would it be otherwise. <p><p>

((OOC: Sorry so short, i'm not feeling to well.))
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

"A guild of merchants?" responds the guard, giving Julian a curious stare. "No, sir, we have none. There never has been a merchant guild in the Mouth, though I've heard of some such from other places. We have a guild for the shippers...governs teamsters, dockyards, pilots, the like, but that's the closest you'll get. Why, I suppose the Merchant's Council may be a guild in it's own right, but all are welcome to trade goods here with or without any guild memberships or credentials."

"Now, a place to rest? Straight down the street..." he says, turning to point down an amazingly long street lined with immense stone buildings that ran to the very heart of the urban forest. "You'll find the Flying Dortman at the end, in Rhoddam Square. You'll find work there, too, if you need it. You'll also find a few merchants, clerks, and brokers that trade at the Avaritia, since it's just at hand as well. A good place for you to start, seeing that you're Dortese, and interested in trade."

As he spoke, the guard had drawn Julian forward, in an effort to keep traffic flowing smoothly. A quick glance to one side gave Julian a brief glimpse of a well dressed man emerging from the bondhouses with a uniformed soldier. As he watched, the soldier placed a neatly pressed and cropped billet of paper into the merchants hand, a paper that had a pressure imprint upon it and the strangely uniform and monotonous writings that spoke of a printing press only just within.

(OOC Note: Feel free to post at the Dortman, or any other public place you'd like, or even here, if you wish to remain!)
Julian Sandrose

Post by Julian Sandrose »

With every fiber of his being, Julian kept his curiosity under control. Oh that I knew what went on in that bondhouse he thought to himself. With a shrug the thought was banished and he returned his attention back to the guard that was speaking to him. Walking with the man he moved out of the way of the other foot traffic as the guard pointed down the street as if one could actually see the places of which he spoke. "My thanks to you for all your help. Perhaps one day I will be able to return the kindness." Knowing full well the man was only doing his job did not matter to Julian. Better to be kind and thought crazy than be rude and thought an ass. "Perhaps I will visit this tavern you spoke of, good day."<p>

((OOC:Sorry for the delay.))

Return to “World's Mouth Archive”