Synching with the Sam 24 IMPORTANT

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Synching with the Sam 24 IMPORTANT

Post by Yin Lorin »

In order to move things along and bring everyone up to date, I will do a time jump to the 24th. As of Oct 04, 2005 we will officially start the 24th. By the end of the month all threads that are before the 24th will be closed.

Here is a short synopsis of what will happen:

22nd TT(late)- The Airship leaves for their next destination.

22nd TT(late)- Draydis and Aeshinaera return, report what has happened, a pardon will be granted for the Thorns and Rhimmuld by the Prince, with the condition Rhimmuld never practices shaping again.

22nd ET- In the city strange things start to happen, then after the sun sets, the corpses of all those who died rise from their graves. These undead push the living out of the city, moving North to settle at the bank of a river.

23rd with the city displaced the battle cannot take place. The remaining citizens, now joined by the Thorns, are told they will move North to a port city called Kes’levy. Mostly known as a resort type of city, the royalty have a palace there with a strong wall to keep off the demon led orc army.

24th will be the arrival at the city on the northern coast, the orc army a couple of days behind them.

I want you to be planning to end any thread before the 24th by the end of the month. I want you to post any ideas that you may have that your character would be doing. This is also a chance for you to fudge and have a meeting of your characters to swap info, perhaps on the march north.

The march north would have been a large ordeal. All threads will start on the entrance thread to Kes’levy.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Attempt of fudging to the 24th

Post by Guest »

Fudging attempt for Aeshinera..

Summary ending of the thread "On the road home":
After arriving at Taloh Aeshinera told Draydis about the wish for a pardon for the thorns. As soon as the Draydis was informed she went to the Avatar and told the same news. After informing both the commander of the emerald guard and the avatar of Mother earth she went on to Xe'Dane. Where she passed on the exact same type of kiss that Rhimmuld wanted her to have.

Once Aeshinera and Draydis were done at Taloh they ride back to the Thorns to give the news.

Fudging start:
Sometime later the frustrating news of the undead attack in Taloh the Orc raid had been cancelled even the plans of having a family dinner were negated because of the unexpected turn of events. Once the notification came for abandoning Taloh and going to displace it Aesh got her possessions from her dorm in the school, including the flowerpot – housing the training flower of La'Laine as well as the one of herself - that father Car'ith gave her. In addition to that she packed the things she valued most in her room. Those being her clothes, bed ware, a medium sized makeup mirror, a few pieces of parchment, a few toys that she values and the book about the mistress of the leaves her mother gave her. The things were stored in a large wooden box and placed on someone's cart. In exchange for her belongings to be transferred by means of the cart she offered her effort in pulling it.

At the start of her trip she prayed for protection for the flora left behind in the undead zone.

During the trip northwards she looks to speak with various people (other pcs if possible). She tried to find religious enlightment and training by Xe'Dane and hopefully become a student of her.

Post by Guest »

A daily ritual would for Nyae’rinthas when to awaken is a yoga lesson to make his muscles loose and increase fatigue for the day. Similar to what some people do nowadays actually, those who practice yoga that is.

Fudge attempt:

Nyae' makes sure his shoulder well treated by a healer and rested through yoga, massage and a well deserved night’s rest. Rest of my planning is a lot affected by the emerald guardsman, as being their commander. The plan to retrieve the dagger of Borne would seem impossible unless a thorn stole it and brought it with him. If possible he would also contact Borne, as he must know tons of the dead and would be very valuable on the wandering corpses issue. and also Nyae’ knows certain facts about Blayvanna that his mentor neglected to tell him.

Day 22) It would be good to assume that when he gets back with the others he would see immediate an experienced healer(s), to treat their wounds and his dislodged shoulder. Make contact with commander of the emerald guard to tell of his encounters with the demoness and the orcs.

In case of an attack he most likely he would help out holding of the wandering dead, in which he excels being a spearman, so the people could escape safely. Perhaps he can acquire some polearms and armour like; a breastplate or chest-guard, light plated armour covering the torso, shoulders and perhaps thighs and hips, as full plate would be to cumbersome and perhaps a helmet. If this isn’t the case he cannot do much but retreat as he done before from the encampment already. He could help out the guard or maybe even join them, as they seem barely able to hold their ranks due to the losses.

Day 23) He would then make way with others in the ‘caravan’ escape, helping out where he can with relieving injuries as a masseuse, as well perhaps some military matters. There is bound to many a sprained ankle, bad back or cramp to relieve tension from.

Day 24) Arrival at the city…
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Just to clarify

22nd, not much left of the day but ET, this is when they flee the undead.

23rd as of MT they are moving North, on a trek, the whole day is taken in travel. There willb e time to share information, but no time to practice skills.

24th is where the new thread is starting, and you can all post to the new thread.

Reminder, all threads prior to 24th will be closed as of Oct 31st 2005
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

22nd, not much left of the day but ET, this is when they flee the undead.

Given the new orders of the Avatar in the "prince" thread, Dray is going to spend time with Pemy, Lopus, and Leandral giving them temporary command of the Guard and also having them train him in the areas of soundless movement(forest), hiding (forest), two weapon fighting, dodge blow, resisting multiple oppenents, and martial arts, as he figures those are skills he will need on this mission. 99% of his time this day will be spent on training.

23rd as of MT they are moving North, on a trek, the whole day is taken in travel. There will be time to share information, but no time to practice skills.

Dray will spend the day talking to the Prince, the Avatar, and his captains. He will split his time between studying prayer and serving the Mother with the Avatar, learning about battle strategy and tactics from the Prince, discussing battle plans and tactics with the Guard captains, and surveying the forest around the new city planning spots which would make good ambush points. Dray's goal is to have ambushes and traps set up on the way to the new city so the orcs will be harmed significantly prior to the actual combat at the new city. He will also speak with the individual members of the Guard. Dray wants to know each guardsman personally...their name and a little bit about them. He knows that being a good leader includes having the respect of the troops. He will use this time to build rapport with everybody and show them he is a compassionate leader as well as one that is willing to fight on the front lines just like anybody else. If they have questions or concerns, he will do his best to calm their fears and teach them with words as best he can. Tactics and strategy will be discussed with anybody that is willing, as there may be good ideas from the individual soldiers that have not been thought about before.

Additionally, Dray will have Leandral help him practice his soundless movement and hiding as they walk along the forest path.

24th is where the new thread is starting, and you can all post to the new thread.

Dray will be taking off this day to find the Master Smith to get the demonslayer forged.
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

Nyae's thread is now impassable due to his most recent post. So until his current thread is through there will be no need for him to post here. Yin you can PM me if you have any questions about this.
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

I suppose that I should put in my comments concerning what my character shall do in the interim...

22nd late MT-ET:
After the meeting in the Palace, Galliban goes with the Avatar to the Temple to help her gather whatever she can from the library. After the undead awaken, she does her best to aid in the evacuation of the city.

23rd:
Galliban uses the travel time to collect information on the happenings in Taquar from soon before she arrived to up until Taloh was evacuated, and also on the orcs. She also tries to collect information on their destination and what they are planning to do when they get there.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Thanx for those who posted their fudges. We need the fudge of the other players though so we can continue with the 24th. We'll wrap up the 22nd posts asap so we can start with the 24th.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Actually I have really no idea what Golden will do in that time, depends on his old friend the Gryphon. I guess he'll try to get the wanted help from the creature. He'll help evacuate the city, commanding on the 10 people the prince placed him in charge of and help in all that he can on the way to the city, like doing scouting missions and stuff.

I really need to know how the Gryphons can help before I can know!

Golden.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Based on Dray's new mission, I have updated my post above for what Dray is going to be doing until the 24th.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005

Return to “T'aquar Archive”