The Royal Troops of the One [Samheen 26th]

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

A silent nod was all that King gave Michel. But, his eyes shoved that Captain just rose in his regard. Even some of the other commander made a grumbling approval. Only Brother John seemed unfazed by the whole encounter. His sharp blue eyes were fixed on the Pax Captain and he regarded him for long flicker before leaning closer to the King and whispering something to his ear.

King just nodded and turned his horse towards his troops and the animal seemed to dance in anticipation. A gust of wind fluttered the banner in his hand and he truly looked magnificent. A scowl was on his face as his voice rose and carried to the troops. "That is what we face. That is what we fight. Darkness has many faces and some are not so obvious. Tricks will not sway our path. We will show no fear. We bring the light. We are the Light. Demons, heathens, heretics. They shall all fall. For Dominicus."

And with a flick of the reins the horse rose on it back legs and whinnied as it turned and then started the slow walk towards the forest. Shouts could be heard from all along the line as commanders started ordering their men to move out. Far to one side men were seen carrying boats towards the river. The Army of the One was on the move. As he passed Michel, Brother John whispered. "It has begun. Taquar will see the light once more. Dominicus have mercy on their souls."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Michel Carbonneau
Commander of the Kings Court Army

Post by Michel Carbonneau »

OOC: sorry for the long delay!!

IC:
Michel watched the king rally the army silently, but with a satisfied smile on his face. They were going to destroy the demons and bring back the light into Taquar.

As brother John whispered his comments, Michel nodded. "The next time we set up camp, I would like to have a talk with you, brother John, about this demon that we faced. I want to learn as much as I can about it."

He then walked to his horse, jumped on it and rode to his legion with the fish oil hanging on the side of his horse. He walked over to one of the sergeants to let his torch be lit and then ordered his legion to move forward. "For the light!" He shouted as they walked into battle.
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

OOC: No problem.
Brother John paused and nodded. "Certainly, Commander. We shall have a talk later." The priest rode on following the King. Michel was left to his own devices and it took him a bit to reach his won troops. They were set in orderly lines. As orderly as could be expected from a freshly formed troop. Faces showed varied emotion: fear, rage, apathy, concern even happiness. Though the last was not so common.

Sergeants already had their torches lit and runners were moving down the lines lighting the torches of those designated to start the fire. The Pax Honestus Legion was held together by those few veterans that were its Sergeants. They knew the little things that made a legion work and they knew their jobs well. Master Sergeant Cleyden gazed up at his commander and lit his torch. He stood by Michel and waited for his order to proceed.

As soon as it was given the grim man shouted. "Alright, you worms. Move out. Keep the line or I will make you. MOVE." His voice made them move. At the last sound of his order the entire legion stepped forward. Ever so slowly they kept approaching the forest. It loomed ahead growing darker with each step. "A bit of fire would do it well, sir. I would say it need a bit more light." The Sergeant cast a toothy grin at Michel as he walked beside him. A couple of days worth of beard was on his chin and he scratched it for a bit.

Suddenly, Sergeant Cleyden's voice boomed next to Michel. "Halt." Ordered the Sergeant as they came within twenty paces of the forest and waited for the line to stop. "Torchbearers. Step forward. To the forest. Let it burn. Cleanse the pagans and the demons out of it." As the men approached, the man realized what he had done and cast a sheepish smile at his commander. "Sorry, sir. Won't happen again. I was carried away in the moment. Should I call them back and let the order come from you?"
Michel Carbonneau

Things were moving at a rapid pace now and there was no turning back. Michel still had the confrontation with the demon on his mind, which distracted him a bit from the current happenings.

He regained his focus when the sergeant started talking to him. "Yeah..more light indeed.." he muttered softly. Looking around he saw the faces of the many new recruits. He was glad he had taken all the men he could take from Pax..they were very much needed here to help keep the new soldiers in line.

As they approached the forrest Michel's gaze was fixed on the forrest. On one hand it looked so beautiful, these ancient trees, plants and animals living in harmony. Nature at it's best. Yet he could also feel and see the Nether at work..the forrest was infested with darkness...with a darkness that had to be eradicated.

And then the voice of the sergeant boomed, followed by a sheepish grin and a quick apology. Michel grinned back. "It's ok sergeant Cleyden. Don't let it happen again." He nodded to the men, acknowledging the command the sergeant had given them. "Do it."
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

With reluctance his men approached the forest. The trees loomed over them and the darkness was impenetrable. Small circles of light were all that went into the forest. Bushes were as thick as the trees and easily reached to the chest of the approaching troopers. Several paces from the edge they all stopped and nobody moved. Then a bit to the right a tall human screamed "For the One!" and brought his torch down.

This seemed to awaken the others and withing flickers many torches sought fuel that would feed its hunger and help it cleanse the darkness from the Taquar. Nothing happened for almost half a burn and then first whiffs of smoke began to rise. A cheer went up from the troops and a youth to the far left screamed a battlecry and charged in, waving his torch about letting the twigs and leaves catch the flames. The others were more cautious and soon the forest was burning. Fire was spreading rapidly and a wall of flames was forming on the edge.

Then a shout went up. "THERE'S SOMEONE CAUGHT IN THE FLAMES, GIVE ME A HAND!" It was the same man that was the first to bring the flames to the forest. THe forest was too far, but a couple of man came to his side and after a few flickers they started hacking the branches and moving into the burning forest. From where Michel stood the fire was closing in on them. In mere flickers it would be there and they would be cutting burning branches. Whether they saw it or not was impossible to discern.
Michel Carbonneau

At first Michel was getting a bit nervous as he saw nothing except a bit of smoke. Was his plan a failure? Would the demon have thought of something against the fire? But then he saw the first flames. Flames which rapidly spread through the forest and created a nice wall of fire.

He grinned as the flames glittered in his eyes. But then he heard the soldier scream and saw a couple of men with him walk into the burning forest. By Dominicus, the fools!

He couldn't risk anyone else going in after them, the fire was burning to strong now. "STAND BACK!" He shouted to the legion and then turned his attention to the group cutting away at the branches. "GET BACK. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO NOW. GET BACK BEFORE THE FIRE REACHES YOU!"

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

OOC: Please move on to this thread. https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=25

I feel that for the time being Michel will be with his troops. When the need arises we can split him of again. I know he plans to discuss a bit with Brother John, but so much can happen till this evening falls. ;)
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “T'aquar Archive”