A new day and a new darkness begin Sam26th MT(Alantha)

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

A new day and a new darkness begin Sam26th MT(Alantha)

Post by Nemesis »

Just as in Taloh, the largest known temple is the Temple to the Mother, this vast and round place shaped from a single tree is the northernmost part of the city and dedicated primarily to the Goddess various aspects. It houses priests and priestesses as well as acolytes who come to study religion, healing and many types of magic.

It is divided in levels according to the three phases of the Mother. The first level, or main level to which the entrance is located is dedicated to the aspect of the maiden. Here many bright colors are found in the mosaics on the floor as well as colors of the room.

Above the main level is the section of the temple dedicated to the aspect of the mother. More themed with birth and sexuality than the main level. This is level also functions as a sort of hospital for expactant mothers. When a mother is in labor she can be brought here to deliver her children. It is the largest of the three levels.

The third level of the temple is actually located under the first level of the temple below the ground. This level is dedicated to the aspect of the crone, or matron. Here those who worship the darker aspects of the mother can be found. Many of the older scrolls and parchments can be found as wisdom and knowledge are the focus here.
<BR><HR><BR>
The night was calm and quite on the night of the 25th. Alantha had gotten settled in with no inconvience nor incident. The room they shared was comfy and cozy. It had two beds, a small tub for bathing, sink with nirror and two desks. There were candles their for light when needed. Tessa and slept soundly after the two spent some time getting to know one another and saying nightly prayers. Alantha however, spent most of the night awake. Sleep came at small intervals and didn't last long. Nontheless morning came and she was well rested.

The first sounds of the morning could be heard creeping into the room. Birds singing their morning melodies and a slight cool breeze entered the room through a nearby window. Sister Tessa bundled herself up as she turned over in her sleep. A sigh of pure content from such an innocent girl escaped her.
Last edited by Nemesis on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see the future, and the future is bleeding.
Alantha Darkstar

Post by Alantha Darkstar »

Alantha looked upon Tessa as she slept, having risen, washed and dressed in her new robes, stating she was now a novice Priestess of the Mother.

The girl was so kind, so warm and full of energy. And while Alantha was not unkind, she had never displayed the level of tenderness and openess that Tessa expanded. Would she have to learn such traits to serve the Mother better? To be able to spread the teachings of the Mother would she have to show compassion, warmth and empathy with others? The thought unnerved her greatly.

Always one to value her own secrecy, Alantha would find it most difficult to open up to others.

She was a creature of darkness, of night and stars and moon, as distant as they are from the earth and as unattainable. There was only one being in existence that would know Alantha, better than she would know herself most likely, and it was with that one being that she despertely wished to commune with.

Not wanting to awaken Sister Tessa, Alantha slipped from the room silently, making only the slightest whisper as her robes dusted the floor.

The new Priestess knew were she wanted to go, and headed back to the main entrance to ask for directions. Alantha wished to head to the lower level, to the floor were the Crone is sought and were Lore is kept, were she would find comfort in the shadows of the Old Mother. Upon reaching the entrance, Alantha headed for the desk, and if anyone was behind it at this time of the morning, " Excuse me, forgive the earliness of my request... but could you possibly direct me to the lower level? "
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

When Alantha reached the desk she could easily see that there were three other priestesses working behind it. None were the same as she had seen last night which would lead her to believe that there were separate shifts split between the women that shared front desk duties.

"Down the hall, and the stairs to your left," was the reply the girl behind the desk told the pale adhiel. Despite the polite manner in which she spoke it was almost obvious that she seemed worried about something. It was written all over her face, and the faces of a few others. The overall feel that Alantha got was that something was wrong.

"But perhaps you would like to take breakfast sister," the girl then said. "Classes will not begin for almost a mark. Or you can just pray," she said as her voice trailed off. It was obviuous she was going to say more but didn't.
Alantha Darkstar

She fought the urge to rasie an eyebrow at the woman's odd manner and apparent 'edge'. She decided to remain silent on the issue, not wanting to press anything that might be delicate to the fellow priestess.

" Thankyou, Sister.... I think I will head down there just now though and perhaps have a look around first of all. I am new, so it will do for me to familiarise myself with the Temple. ", she stood silent for a few moments, wondering if the woman was perhaps going to expand on her hesitations, but decided it was rude and turned on her heel, meandering in the directions the sister had provided.

Reaching the stairs, Alantha paused once more, looking down them as though trying to devine her future... Don't be obsurd, your future is in the Mothers' hands Darkstar.

She proceeded down the stairs, shadows swirling in her blood with her excitement which she kept from showing on her features, though the gleam in her eyes, should anyone have seen it, would tell all.
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

Her descent down the stair way to the lower level of the temple wasn't heard by anyone. Her footsteps fell silently on each stair. The air temperature was noticeably cooler than it was on the main level. This was due to it being below the ground more than anything else. It was also darker down below the main level due to the lack of windows to allow in the sun's natural light. The stairwell and halls were illuminated by moss that gave of a bright greenish when it was mixed with water. Surely this wasn't something that Alantha had ever seen before, nor was the moss native to Taquar.

Just like above, the walls were decorated with brilliant mosiacs, just not as brightly colored as the floors above. Immediately to Alantha's right there was an opening to a large room that looked more like a library then anything else. There weren't any doors to the library and the adhiel could see rows upon rows of books and scrolls. Alantha could see that there were more openings similar to this one further down the hall. There was also an intersection about halfway down the hall.

For the moment it was solitude for Alantha. She was alone to her thoughts.
Alantha Darkstar

OOC: Sorry! :D

IC:

Alantha stood for a moment in complete silence and stillness, merely studying the corridor before making a decision. Turning, she walked into the library, in awe with the size of the place and the impressive collection of books and scrolls that lined every shelf and book case, she could tell that she would be spending alot of time down here. It was exactly the kind of environment she enjoyed, quiet.

No one would be asking too many questions, making polite conversation, which were all in all good traits to have, just not ones she herself was particularly good at.

Mother, in your wisdom and strength I will grow, I will learn.... thankyou.

Even in the simplest of prayers, she poured her heart and soul into it. Abeit they were often thought of as cold and hard, made of ice, but she knew her worth, she knew the Mother would understand her thoughts and feelings. What is expressive to one person might not necessarily be expressive to Alanatha Darkstar.

For a time, she merely wandered between the bookcases, not caring if she got lost, for the Mother would guide her to where she had to be.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

ooc: I shall be taking care of you for the moment, Alantha, until Nemesis returns.
[hr][/hr]
"Are you lost, little petal?" A voice asked Alantha, and if she turned, she would see the owner of the voice.

It was a silvery haired woman, in her dotage, yet she carried herself with imperiousness, an essence that seemed to ooze out of her. What was apparent was the intense scrutiny of the old woman's blue eyes, as if winter was within her gaze. It was apparent to see that she was old, yet there was a sense of agelesness in her features. With easy, graceful stride, she moved, her silvery, silken robe rustling within that placid surrounding; the old, ageless, adhiel woman, a pure contrast to Alantha.

"Tell me, little petal, what are you seeking?" She stood in front of the young adhiel, although Alantha towered over the old woman, there was something overwhelming with the old adhiel woman, her silvery features deviating from the misty darkness that surround them.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Alantha Darkstar

OOC: Thankyou! And by the way.. its Asht :wink:

Alantha bowed deeply in respect. " Greetings, honoured Sister. ", she rose her eyes to meet those of the elder priestess. Her own violet eyes taking in the others appearance.

" I come seeking knowledge, Sister, and no I am not lost..... merely seeking guidence I suppose... ", Alantha paused, trying to think of what tp say next. " I wish to follow the Mother, but in truth, I do not know how. I want to serve the Mother, in all her dark glory. I suppose I am seeking teaching, Sister. "

The achadhiel gestured to the bookcases and scrolls lining the walls, " Do I read these? To learn of the aspect I wish to learn.... to know of the forces the Mother governs? ", the darkhaired young priestess folded her hands across her stomach, her face the mask of cold marble as always.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

She had seen so many things, her cold, blue eyes had seen the turning of yahrens like leaves dropping one by one in the season of autumn. Her eyes had seen the plodding of millenia and patiently, she watched -- just as the Mother cared for a single seed until, slowly and patiently, as days and years moved like water under the bridge of time, it grew to a grandious Iron-Wood Tree -- with indifferent eyes the affairs of men and adhiels alike.

For what were the affairs of men and adhiels compared to cycle of the season? They were nothing. The Mother was infinity she would forever live eternal even without men and adhiels, for wasn't that the cycle of nature? The cycle of the Mother? Death and rebirth, all circling back to each other, all would go back to the beginning, which was death and would live again in the Mother.

But would this little petal know that? She asked herself, her cold, blue eyes showing nothing as she stared at the dark-haired achadhiel in front of her, inappropriately garbed in black. Yes, she is just a little seed, and with little care she will blossom and she will know, yes, she will know that the Mother is neither black or white, neither dark nor light, that the Mother is far beyond the colors of category that mortals thought of.

For more than a flicker, the old adhiel woman stood, lost within her thoughts, staring at the young woman before her, peering at the young achadhiel and judging her. She had lived more than a hundred yahrens, she had even forgotten her own name and she was simply called the Silver Wise Crone and death and winter was her domain. Would this be the time for the Wise Crone to be revived?

Ara'Fhazia, yes, that was her name, the name that was forgotten, stood and gave Alantha an amused look, as if pleased with her answers. But this young petal is misguided, like Laliel Saliu, the Avatar of the Fertile Mother. Laliel Saliu must be replaced for her Cycle had long been passed. 'Tis now the time for the Cycle of the Wise Crone and the Avatar of the Fertile Mother must be replaced for she is playing with fire and the Mother knows, yes, She knows, but She will not do anything, for we are given choices to choose from. Yes, the Cycle of the Fertile Mother must come to an end and the Cycle of the Wise Crone must begin and you my little petal shall be the key, for isn't that the nature of season, a new cycle must begin...

"Tell me, young petal," Ara'Fhazia asked, her blue eyes intent upon the young achadhiel before her. "What do you mean by seeking the dark aspect of the Mother and why do you seek it?"
Last edited by Scheherazade on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Alantha liked this woman.

There were not many in her life she could attempt to actually liking, and it was a strange sensation for her to experience, not an entirely unpleasent one. The sister before radiated an aura of wisdom and knowledge, from which stemmed a hunger inside the achadhiel. She had stood for some time in silence, regarding Alantha with those curious eyes, eyes which devoured the 'little petal' intently... instead of flinching as many may have done, Alantha continued to find herself drawn.

" The darkness, the shadows.... it is where I find the most comfort. It was my solace when I was young, many a night I would linger in the shadows, allowing the whispers of darkness and of the stars creep into my mind. ", her eyes seemed to glaze over as she recalled those fond memories, " In darkness the Mother reigns also, I believe that standing in the shadows, one can see the light more clearly. Those walking in the harsh light forever can sometimes be blinded by it... ", she stopped, catching herself and for one of the first times in her life, in front of this woman she actually blushed.... only slightly... but enough for a young woman whose blood may have well been ice water.

" My apologies sister... I did not mean to demean the Light, nor that aspect of the Great Mother.... I respect and worship the goddess in all her forms. Rarely have I had the chance to talk freely like this and about my Faith. Many have never wished to hear my beliefs... ", she bowed her head in submission, " The Mother is all things to me, life and death, she is both in the world... a continuous cycle to which all creation bows. "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The old woman cackled a loud chuckle, pleased with the answer of the little flower that stood before her, her laughter echoing loudly around the empty, dark room. Yes, this little, night flower has potential, but will she be able to manage Laliel Saliu? She will be guided, by me and by the Wise Mother, slowly but not openly for the Old Mother is wise, she does not act openly but waits patiently, like a coiled snake, ready to strike when it is deemed the right moment.

"No, young, dark seedling." The Silver Crone replied, her cold blue eyes twinkling with amusement. "No need to apologize, we all have our own faith in the Mother and She does not take offense. She leaves everything to its own nature for that is Her essence. The forest of T'aquar may crumble down, the River of Levy may dry up, but she will remain eternal."

Oh, but you will go far, I am sure. She looked at Alantha with her blue eyes, her silvery robe gleaming under that gray darkness. But are you prepared, little seedling? Are you prepared for the rituals of the Old Crone? You may balk down once you know that there are sacrifices to be made, and those sacrifices may be more than you are willing to give. Involuntarilly, the old woman shuddered and drew her silver robe around her.

Oh... But those garbs, the Silver Crone critically looked at the black robe Alantha was wearing. It will not do. Black is not the color of death. Can she not see that winter is death? Yes, she is young and she will know, yes, she will know, in time. Let her carry the black robes for now and in the future, she will voluntary change it. She cackled once again.

"Tell me, young seedling," The Silver Crone asked, peering at Alantha with her penetrating cold, ageless, blue eyes. "tell me, what will you offer the Mother for Her protection and guidance?"
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

The feeling of being judged was a heavy feeling on the comparitively young woman's shoulders, yet it was a feeling she was all to accustomed with. This was somewhat different, Alantha did not know how, it was merely gut instinct that told her such.

In her mind she cast back through her childhood and adolescent years, thinking of anything she might have come to regret doing, even not doing. Was there anything in her past that was not worth losing if she pursued the path she imagined and desired? The answer was not long in coming.

" My life. "

The two words were spoken with one of those revered whispers that could be heard, spoke with a chilling certainty. " I am Hers in body, soul, mind and heart.... it may hold little warmth, but my entire being and existence is here to serve the Mother. In shadow and death. ", such conviction rang in her tone, the cold of winter settling itself comfortably within her mind, running through her veins as ice water. The Mothers' new dark daughter was not incapable of feeling, far from it, her control over them simply tighter.

Another sudden thought, " My apologies Wise One, I do not know your name.... "
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

"My name," the wise old crone repeated aloud. She smiled for a moment, the wrinkles around her eyes showed more than just her age, but an underyling wisdom. It had been such a long time since anyone had actually asked her her name. Perhaps that is the reason why she had forgotten it. "My name little petal is Ara'Fhazia," the old ahiel woman finally said.

"Only fools give there lives young one," the old crone said. "What purpose could you serve to The Mother without your life. Live little one, that is what she would want from you. Devotion... yes and stregnth my flower." Again she looked at the achadhiel as if she were scrutinizing her.

"Now i will ask you once more," she said to Alantha. "Before you answer this time. Close your eyes and feel. Do not think, no, thinking is bad right now. Feel the answer and then tell me."
Alantha Darkstar

The achadhiel woman bowed, " I am honoured to know your name, Sister. ", her head rose, and then her hand to brush away several strands of dark hair from her face, " Perhaps I made myself unclear. I did not mean I would give my life in sacrifice to the Mother, not just yet, I meant I will give my life in service to the Great Goddess. As you say, Wise One, how can I work for the Mother on this world, spread her name and glory, if I spill my blood for Her. ", it was no question, merely rhetorical.

" The Mother has my devotion, I put my faith in Her as I have done for many, many years now. Countless nights I have spent whispering my prayers in the shadows, in Her temple, in my soul. I can only strive and work hard to be considered worthy to serve Her. "
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

"That is very delightful to hear darling," the old woman said. She again looked Alantha up and down with her eyes as if scrutinizing her, or if she were actually looking into the young achadhiels soul itself. The woman was wise and could tell when someone was being honest with her and when the weren't. To her Alantha seemed to be genuine indeed. It radiated from the young girl whether she noticed it or not.

"Will you be taking breakfast this morning," she asked Alantha while ignoring the slight rumbling in her own tummy. It was more of a nuisance to her than anything, and she ate when she felt like it moreso then when her own body suggested that she do so. "The other young ones will be getting to the cafeteria soon. You can eat if you like, or is there something else you would rather do?"
Alantha Darkstar

The thought of breakfast was not something that hounded her, indeed she had not given the morning meal an incling until the older Sister had mentioned it to her. " I would prefer to stay down here, Sister Ara'Fhazia......though perhaps I should eat. ", she fell silent for a moment, wrestling with an inner indecision.

" If I may ask first though. When do I start my training....I know I have much more to learn about the Mother. ", she gestured to the books, tomes and scrolls surrounding her, " And no doubt the Lore within this library holds something for me. Will I learn from yourself Sister? I would appreciate it greatly, though in all honesty, I am still uncertain as to how the training here is carried out. "
Nemesis
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Nemesis »

Ara'Fhazia grinned at the young and eager achadhiel. It was refreshing to see such a young one as excited as she seemed to be about learning about the Mother. It wasn't often that one Alantha's age possessed the fire that she did, at least in the old crone's eye it didn't happen often. SHe placed a hand on her shoulder before speaking.

"When do you begin," she asked with a slight tinge of amusement in her cackled voice. This young girl was quite the spark. "My child," she then said to her as she pulled her in for a hug. "You already have begun."

AFter the slight embrace she held Alantha at arms length but still keep both hands on the young girls shoulders. "Long before you were even aware my flower, you were training," she said. "Before you were born the Mother blessed you with her grace. It was a path predetermined for you well before you even knew what it was that you wanted in life."

Ara'Fhazia went on some more about how there are some people in life that the Mother choses to do her will, Alantha being one of them. Many yahren had passed since Ara'Fhazia had seen this 'miracle' for herself. She would know to, she herself was also one of the chosen few.

"Now all we have to do my dear," she continued. "is to harness that energy that is already inside of you. We have to nurture it and make it grow. Then, then you will see yourself, yes, that it was there all along."
Alantha Darkstar

She had already begun?

The words sank deep into the young priestess, sending a thrill of excitement up her spine, yet to all outward appearance, she remained void of emotion. " Your words are comforting to me, Sister. To know that I have always treaded the Path of the Mother is more than I could have hoped for..... though in a way, I have always known. The Great Goddess has forever been in my heart, mind and soul...even when such has soared high enough to brush the stars and when I have spoke to the darkest of shadows in the deep of winter. "

Again, she found herself spilling forth words, thoughts and feelings which she had kept locked away for many a yahren. None save the Mother ever knew the depths to which she could actually feel, it was merely the control she had on her emotions that made her appear incredibly indifferent to many things.

" To harness even a fraction of the Power and Might that the Goddess holds would be beyond this mortal world. Will you teach how to touch the magic of the Goddess, Wise One? "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The pair travelled for more than a day and weariness could be seen etched upon her flawless face. She had seen much, she had seen the slow decay of the Weald of T'aquar and it pained her so, she who was the High-Priestess of Life, she who held the ritual of the Sleeping Mother, for in Her slumber, nature dies. She wept silently as she travelled across the expanse of Weald and she knew, she was dying as well, her Tree, The Temple Tree of Atara Arda at Taloh, in which her essence was intertwined was slowly decaying as well, and she knew, time would be ending for her, Rhimmuld had done it so.

Why, Rhimmuld? Why my beloved? Xe'Dane asked, as she moved ever so silently, caring and tending for the dying body of L'essuin as well, this Master Shaper who carried the Essence of T'aquar inside herself. They were both dying and it pained her even more so to hear the soft groan of pain coming from the graying lips of L'essuin. We both love the Mother so much? Why have you done it so?

Now, here they were, at Kes'Levy, at the Temple of the Mother, their tread as silent as a doe, their faces grave and sorrowing for she felt it as well, as much as L'essuin was feeling the destruction of the Land of T'aquar, but she had to be strong, for T'aquar and also for brave L'essuin, who carried her pain with silent, dying faith.

"I am dying, Old Mother." Alantha heard a soft voice from the door and saw a naked woman with breath-taking beauty. Her skin was pale green, her moss-like hair falling behind her with leaves and small branches and the dark, young acolyte Alantha could feel and see the weariness of the woman that was part dryad and adhiel. "We both are dying, Old Mother." The half-dryad's green eyes was looking at the Old Priest , and a pitieous sob broke out from the green-skinned half-adhiel. It was then that Alantha realized that there was another woman standing beside the half-adhiel, all covered with a green cloak, the face obscured by a hood, pulled low yet Alantha could feel great power from the cloaked figure which the half-drayd supported with her green arms.

"The Great Tree is dying, Old Mother, and L'essuin and I are both weary and dying as well." It was pure will alone that held her together, her will that supported L'essuin as well beside her.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Thu May 11, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Alantha's deep violet eyes were drawn to the two figures. The power that one of them exuded drew her attention and curiosity the most. It was the green womans words that also drew her... The Great Tree......Dying......

Death was apart of Her. The Goddess to whom Alantha was dedicated to in heart and soul. Winters chill ran in the young Priestess' veins, she felt apart of the Afterworld, the realm where her Goddess also reigned supreme. Alantha glanced to the Old Sister, looking for her reaction. The strangers beauty did not go un-noticed by Alantha, yet it was not something the achadhiel gave much thought on. Her own beauty was a dark beauty, she saw the beauty in shadows, in the rage of a winter storm, the cold of ice.

" May I ask what you mean, Lady? I am Alantha.... perhaps I speak out of turn.. ", another glance to the older Priestess. " Perhaps I will be able to help in some small way. ", even her words held a chilling tone, no warmth or deep expression coming from them, but the meaning was genuine. The Dark Daughter was ever honest and offered no help unless she meant it and intended to see such a task through.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

ooc: I'll be taking over this thread for you, Alantha.

The Old Priestess turned at the sound of Xe'Dane's words, her blue eyes widening with alarm as she saw the apparent weariness of the two woman before her. I am old, and I should die first, not you, young flowers. Oh, Old Mother, give me more strength upon this dark times and watch over your flowers. She prayed, shuffling towards the two woman.

"We will think of something, Sister Xe'Dane." The Old Crone crooned softly, her voice breaking with profound emotion. "The Old Mother will guide us..." Yet there was a hint of sadness and fear with her voice, as if the news she had heard could have overthrown the ancient wisdom and eld experience she carried upon her shoulder. Now, she seemed very old as the Ancient Priestess supported the Half-Drayd with her shaking, old arms and like a green flower, the green-skinned Achadhiel wilted upon the Old Woman's arms.

"Little Flower," Her ancient blue eyes turned towards Alantha, seeking and pleading her aid. "Take her..." The Old Priestess directed the Dark Acolyte Priestess towards the cloaked figure, who was slowly slumping into the cold floor without Xe'Dane's support. "They will need utmost caring and if the Mother takes them now, it will be the end of T'aquar."

"Come," Ara'Fhazia almost carried the green-skinned, nude achadhiel, supporting her as she walked out of the door. "We must quickly go to the Sanctorium of the Old Mother Crone..." Her voice came whispering back to Alantha, the two beings of the Mother was slowly being covered by the shadows of the corridors beyond the opened door of the cold library.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Wed May 24, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Alantha, unphased by any of this, simply strode swiftly to the slumping figures side, putting am arm around the waist, and pulling one arm over her shoulder for extra support. " Fret not, stranger, I can carry your weight for now, lean on me. ", her words, though short and cold, held a whispering tone that induced calmness, the no nonsense attitude sometimes more reassuring that simpering nurse maids.

The young Priestess knew now was not the time to bombard the Old Sister with questions, though she desperately wanted answers to the ones that swam in her mind. The end of Taquar? How could such be possible? The Goddess' would never allow such to happen, for Her power was absolute.

Mother, Crone and Mistress of The Dark Realm. Shed your shadow over us all, the Light may be failing, but righteous darkness will rise with the strength of the blistering winter chill to lay ruin to your enemies. Should Taquar be threatened, I will defend it and your glorious name. She uttered her prayer in silence, allowing the words to roll within her mind, knowing they would reach her Goddess, even though the Mother may not respond. She heard all her Children, from the Light to the Shadows, she heard all.

Alantha focused her thoughts on the Old Sisters words for now, following in her wake, carrying her burden without objection nor complaint. Such never served any true purpose, shoulder your responsibilties and they in turn strengthen you for what is to come in the future.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

They walked, robes rustling within the shadowy darkness of the underground corridor, their light footsteps echoing lightly, bouncing from the brick walls of the hallway. They moved, footsteps after footsteps, inch by inch, led by the Old Crone, whose movement were slow yet steadfast, as if a purpose held her, a purpose that could neither be descried by mundane cognition.

"It burns..." The heavily cloaked figure Alantha was supporting moaned ever so slightly. It was a female voice, her words adhiel and Alantha could feel her body burning through the heavy green cloak that clothed her. The figure groaned again, leaning heavily upon the young acolyte Alantha, giving her all of her body weight. "T'aquar burns..." The cloaked figure moaned again, her small voice echoing around them and Alantha could feel a vast power emanating from this heavily cloaked figure.

"We are nearly there, Master Shaper L'essuin." The old voice of the Old Sister came ghosting back from the front, her voice held a soothing strength that seemed to pull all of them together. "Hold on a bit longer..."

It might have been longer than a mark, no one knew how long they had been walking, for time was meaningless underground, within the shadowy realm of the Temple Tree of the Mother. And then, they were before a large doubled door, a leafless tree engraved upon it with the moon and stars and there, before the door, the old priestess stopped and declared with her quivering voice:

"I am here."

And slowly, the double door opened inward from the middle, inch by inch, blanketing them with blinding light for almost a flicker until the door was wide opened to show them a large, circular room with a small, black pond in the middle of the room and a very ancient, leafless tree growing in the middle of that pond. The Old Crone purposely shuffled inside, supporting Xe'Dane within her old arms until the two came upon the pond with its black water, the room illuminated by a silver light that seemed to exude from the ancient tree that almost filled the ceiling.

"Give Sister L'essuin a drink from the pond, Little Petal." The Ancient Sister gently ordered Alantha as she set the Half-Dryad near the bank of the black, silvery pond, cupped her wrinkled hands and plunged it in the water and offered the drink to the green-skinned, naked woman. From the ceiling, moths started to flitter through the air and descended upon the Old Sister and hovered around her.
Last edited by Scheherazade on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Master Shaper L'essuin. At least now I have a name for the stranger.

As the doors to the Temple opened, Alantha found herself holding her breath in suspense. What was she expecting? The Goddess Herself to be there? She wanted to scoff at the very notion, instead she stayed her breath and walked into the temple in humbled silence, this was the Heart of the Old Mother. The pond, the tree, Alantha had to fight the urge to fall to her knees, forget her burden and pray until her lips bled.

" Mother, thankyou... for this moment. ", she whispered it under her breath, barely audible. As the elder Sister instructed, Alantha guided the Master Shaper to the pond, where she helped her sit down by its side. Cupping her hand in the same manner the Ancient Priestess did, unblemished, prestine and almost too white skin slid from the black sleeve. Well kept and clean nails fell under the water, allowing the coolness to wash over her every sense. Bringing the graceful hand up, she held it to L'essuin. " Drink, Master Shaper. ", eyes the colour of midnight violet, shroaded by shadowy black hair, studied the Master Shaper, flicking to the tree and then the Old Priestess.

" What happens in Taquar? ", her voice, calm and clear, sounded suddenly. " You say it burns, Master Shaper. How has this come to be? "
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Deep blue eyes regarded Alantha just under the shadowy cowl of the Master Shaper, eyes that were filled with profound pain, sadness and despair. With great thirst, the Master Shaper took the young acolyte's hand, her hands trembling with fatigue and tiredness. It was odd, Alantha saw that the skin of the Master Shaper's hands were dead gray, almost pale and she could see her veins throbbing within those pale, gray almost dead skin. Gently, the Master Shaper bent her head to drink from the young acolyte's cupped hands and the cowl dropped back, revealing the Master Shaper's full face, face that would have been flawless and breathtaking.

It was as if Alantha was seeing a pale ghost. L'essuin's long, flowing blonde hair was shredding, a few bald spots could be seen upon her head and her hair that was once blond and lustrous was now sickly yellow and matted. Her lips which were once pink were now pale gray and small, dark veins could be seen throbbing within her gray face, spanning weblike. With small moans, the Master Shaper drank from Alantha's cupped hands and she saw L'essuin's skin faded back to normal flesh, the veins upon her face fading away and as suddenly as it appeared, her sickly coloring resurfaced once more.

Yet, there still was the profound power that the Master Shaper carried, looming before Alantha, intoxicating her and when L'essuin touched her, the young acolyte of the Old Mother saw a vision of a regal Adhiel Woman with a crown of leaves and garb in a majestic gown of flowers and petals and she was burning and as suddenly as it appeared, it vanished, leaving Alantha before the Master Shaper again.

"Let her rest, Young Flower." The Old Priestess replied as she tremblingly stood. The moths around her flittered and as if speaking to them, those small insects suddenly flittered around the naked-green skinned half-nymph and covered her. "They are both carrying great burdens..." Ara'Fhazia continued with a heavy sigh.

"Come," The Old Crone beckoned, slowly removing her garments and stood before Alantha naked as the day she was born. "It is time for you to be annointed as a Sister of the Old Mother Crone. You will need Her guidance for you will see what is happening with Her chosen land." Imperiously, the Old Sister, with grace that belie her old age, waded towards the black, silvery pond and stood just under the huge tree.

"Come and you will see why T'aquar burns."
Last edited by Scheherazade on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Return to “T'aquar Archive”