Wolf's bane ~ Samheen 26th

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Post by Guest »

Aeshinera was surprised as hear ears got the doubt of the newly met people. It certainly is a very small chance that such a thing happened. Still it did happen… Cyfrin and Lilliane know each other and still they have not come to a peaceful solution? What is exactly going on to prevent that? She gave a short glance into Sharn direction. Meeting your woman? Hmmm, he is full of distrust to the current event. He must have had quite a hard time to think that way. If your love would arrive, it would be even more unbelieving for you. What would you do then? Still I have no other knowledge about people going on a quest for the avatar and survival of the Adhiel race.

It did not matter how much negativity came towards her from the girl in custody. Her tone kept calm and her voice remained clear. It is a shame that you did not want to introduce yourself properly. Still it is your choice to do so. "Young lady, I am not here to cause you harm. Neither am I here to just gain information from you to kill your friend. What I am here for is to help everyone come to a peaceful solution. You had said yourself that you had listened to the conversation that was present, thus you must have heard that I had said nothing of interrogating you. If there are things you do not wish to tell me, you can just keep it secret." She looked to her with a smile. "I am not forcing you to talk to me either, if it is something you would not like to do, I will give you your right. However, if you do not say anything nobody can help you. If you do wish to talk, please tell me." She remained sitting next to her, listening to the other things that went on around her.

Lilliane's words to Cyfrin held some information to the priestess that she did not hear yet before. She can keep him from killing? The forest is the blame? How did she survive in the hostile woods all be herself anyway? That wolf person must be her guardian. Now she is trapped here it is for its guardian to get her out. If this silver dressed Adhiel was from this group before it seems that it kills off anyone that had caused her harm or agreed to that fact.

Another thought came from the accusation of the girl being a werewolf herself. Could she be inflicted by lycanthropy? If that were the case, this restriction she has will not be able to hold her. Please reconsider and be open to talk with me, otherwise I can not do anything for you, nor for anyone else here.
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban looked upward in response to Lilliane's refreshed protests. It was quite surprising to her that the girl not only managed to pierce her concentration, but completely cut through it. It usually took more to distract the young paladin from her meditations.

Perhaps this means something. Could my senses, or even my god, be trying to tell me something? Maybe this girl is telling the truth.

Galliban got to her feet and approached Lilliane, Cyfrin, and Aeshinera so that she could listen to the conversation. She remained quiet, not thinking it the proper time to interject. She just listened to what was being said.

Good, Aeshinera. Her confidence must be gained, or she will say nothing useful.
Last edited by Galliban Tyren on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Draydis looked at C'aldur and then back to Cyfrin. "Cyfrin, it seems as if our hunt will have to wait a few moments. I need to have a few words with C'aldur first."

He approached the captain of the scouts, and spoke with a quiet voice for only C'aldur to hear. The gold ring of the Emerald Guard was removed from a pouch at his belt. "I suppose my secret is out. I wanted to travel as a common adhiel as to avoid problems that would find me as a result of my office. For today, I am simply Draydis." He showed the ring to the captain and then tucked it away again.

Draydis looked to the others in the group, but continued to speak to C'aldur, using a normal voice now. "I can not speak of Galliban's and Aeshinera's exact destination of their mission, but I was present when they were given their charges. We all left Kes'Levy at approximately the same time...so our meeting here is not that much of a coincidence. You found me first, as instead of sleeping during the night, I pursued the wolf. What I do know though is that there are two important missions currently on hold due to this wolf. We need to reach a solution quickly so we may all move on with our respective tasks."

He looked back to C'aldur once again, "If you would still have me travel with you to your destination, I would happily do so, but we must make haste, as I have a mission of my own as well."

He looked to the girl that had addressed him with her pleas. "The wolf needs not to die if we can understand what it is, how you are involved, why it is killing so many people, and how it can be controlled so it won't kill again." He used a low voice that was calm and steady in hopes of calming the girl. "If we can't understand what is going on, it will be destroyed. We do have ways of tracking the wolf...it leaves behind a very telling scent, just like yours." He smiled at her. "I would prefer for this to end without anybody getting hurt unnecessarily though. Please m'lady."

He then looked at Glyph'n for a moment and then approached the man. Draydis knew that Aeshinera had little experience in navigating the woods, and figured Galliban was the same. This adhiel was probably their guide...he certainly dressed and acted the part. With words so quiet only the dark elf could hear, Dray whispered to him. "You appear to me as one with great experience in the wild. I would humbly ask if you would tell me of anything you know of werewolves."
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Cyfrin Gwiwer

Post by Cyfrin Gwiwer »

OOC: Please accept my apologies for tardiness, Real life and all that :)
(Sneaking this in while at work, very naughty).. um, spell checker pop-up won't work here, excuse any spelling mistakes please.

IC:
Somehow the fact that Draydis had been called commander did not surprise Cyfrin, so many things had happened today, that was just a minor thing.
Cyfrin nodded at Draydis's idea about moving away just a little, and was bout to do so when he was stoppped with Draydis's words and all the events that seem to be happening at once.
He stood quietly and listened to what was happening.

He was taken aback a little by Lilliane's words, and the certainty that they conveyed. She can control him, that what she says?

He knealt down to be more at eye level to the girl, "Lilliane, you ask me to trust you, yet you give no explanation of what you say, no proof. This wolf has killed, and not in self defence, protection or for food. It just killed for the sake of it".
He paused and held out his hand to her, "If you want us, me, to trust you, the you must tell us what this is all about, and how you say you can control the beast". With a small sigh Cyfrin continued
"With the information we have, the wolf is dangerous and must be killed. You say that is wrong, well then convince me and I promise by the Mother I will help you".
Mother, Draydis said put my trust in you, this I do now, unconditionally.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

ooc I second that real life comment :)

ic
Lilliane's heart was pounding so frantically she was afraid it would simply burst out of her chest anytime soon. Being bound on the forest floor and being threatened was not what she had in mind when she promised to help Lowen. What would these people think when they knew the truth? Cyfrin, kind Cyfrin from back home. It hurt her to see him caught up in the mess she created.

The woman called Aeshinera called her out, challenged her to talk to her. The lilly-scented woman gulped, unable to stop her stomach from cramping up. Sand was getting between her teeth somehow and she knew she'd have to get her story right or they would never allow Lowen to live.

Meanwhile Draydis approached C'aldur, revealing his true identity. The scout wasn't sure what to say or how to react. That the man in front of him had known perfectly well what he was doing, was obvious. To have him be a commanding officer was quite something else. As a scout he should not be too worried about the chain of command. This area was theirs, not that of any other controlling force. It was not that which worried him.

It was the implications of this man being in the woods! While C'aldur could to little but nod the story spilled out about how this commander and the two women were actually on their own missions which somehow involved travelling through the woods. It explained the presence of a guide -although why it would be a dark Adhiel, was beyond the scout's imagination.

Finally he came to a silent conclusion and reached out a hand. "You need to get going, yet you allowed this wolf to sidetrack you. This means the wolfman is more to you than just a killer...but that would not be my place to pry. Don't worry about our mission. The lady...is dead. But she would have been a lousy diplomat, judging from her actions. So perhaps it was fate. We will complete our mission, you will complete yours. Whether you want us around, is your call."

When the Adhiel addressed the girl she turned her head from Aeshinera to him. He basically told her the same things, except for the added threat of him actually being able to track Lowen. She was trembling in her bonds, tears so very close to flowing again.

Cyfrin mingled in the interrogation...and held out his hand. Lilliane watched the sign of kindness and could no longer hold back. Tears spilled as she watched the familiar man sit in front of her and with those tears came words; words that Galliban had already decided to be the truth.

While Dray moved to Glyph'n, who scowled at the sudden unwanted attention, Lilliane finally spoke up, face red, her slender body trembling like a reed.

"Please, he only kills to eat. He was disturbed in his last kill..." She looked up at Draydis' back. "So he had to find something...someone else. I am SO sorry! This was not meant to happen!" She blurted the one comment over the other, never taking the time to actually acknowledge the periods in a sentence.

"I...I could take care of him, but something changed in the forest. It got him irritated. He ran away from me. I'm sure he'll come back, though. He won't let any harm come to me. PLEASE untie me before he gets angry! The blue....it's just a trick to FIND him. I don't smell him. The light it just something to track him. It's a trick. Nothing more. He's reasonable, really he is."

There it was.
Truth.
Or rather, parts of it. Somehow something itched in both Galliban's and Draydis' awareness.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban ran her fingers through her hair as Lilliane launched into her next outburst. There was something inside the paladin that was telling her that the girl was at least partially speaking the truth. It was very difficult to discern what was true and what was false, however. While Galliban was certain that Lilliane was telling the truth about some things, she knew that she could very well be lying about others.

"I believe that she should be untied," the young achadhiel said finally, looking to Draydis. "If she is telling the truth, I do not think it wise to risk provoking this wolf. If she attempts to run, she can still be bound again," she added, then turned her gaze to Lilliane. "However, she should repay our accomodation in kind with her story regarding herself and this wolf in full." Galliban continued. Her tone throughout clearly did not suggest an order, for what to do with Lilliane was not her decision to make. However, she was very interested in hearing what Lilliane had to say. If she could just hear the story, Galliban thought, she might be able to more easily decide where the girl's truth and lies stood.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

As no reaction or words came from Glyph'n, Dray returned his focus to C'aldur. "Sir, in these woods, my rank means little...it is your realm. The Mother gave me the ability to find this wolf, and I know it is Her will for me to help resolve this situation. My guide told me of the orc tribe that you seek, so I feel compelled to join with you in your mission as well. If you would have a diplomat, I would be honored to take that role. Our people need allies, and I would be happy to help show them that our people are willing and able to look past appearances and instead look at what is in the hearts of others...even orcs."

He then looked to the others. "Lillane speaks of truth. The Mother tells me this. The Mother gave me the ability to find Lillane by her scent and by the light. I know that our purpose is to help resolve this matter, and I believe we can do so without any more violence." He gave Lillane a deep bow. "M'lady, your words ring of truth. I vow I will not bring harm to the wolf so long as you are able to control him so no more deaths occur."

~It makes sense that the wolf would attack if he knew Lillane was in danger. Her words ring of truth...Mother, you tell me this now.~

He smiled at Galliban. "It seems that Illuminatus and the Mother agree. I say we give her a chance to control the wolf as she says she can...and I agree also that we invite trouble by keeping her bound."

Draydis looked at Lillane, "Can you tell us more if we agree to aid you and release you?"

DMD Member since 2005

Post by Guest »

There was not much the apprentice could do, but wait for Lilliane to talk. She did not expect those to wipe out her approach by means of mingling in her approach. After that Lilliane became the focus point of attention by all the other people. She did not see the use of the dialogue with Lilliane anymore that the Chosen one had offered some time ago. Did they really need her for that? Nevertheless the groups' interaction with the girl was fruitful. They learned a bit more of information. However she felt it was still somewhat unethical to question the girl with a group.

Then there was the promise of freeing Lilliane of the bonds they placed upon her in exchange of more information. If it were for Aeshinera she would not have made such a deal, she would have given her the freedom of move without asking something in return. If it were for her she would have not even tied the girl up like that. Still they made a promise to release her if she would help and they seemed to have the situation under control. Thus there was nothing much for her to do here. She got rather a feeling being in the way than helpful. It was clear now that Cyfric was the only one that could really get through to Lilliane.

Therefore she decreased the pressure upon Lilliane by removing herself. She got up gentle and steady. She looked at how the others tried to make her talk more before she walked some paces away to get out of the focus point of the group. Close to the others but still far away enough from the interrogation; she took a seat on the bare ground.

She took an arrow from her quiver, placed it in her hand with the head downwards. She moved the arrow so that it would look like as holding a writing feather. It was now a good moment to make the pass time sensible. With the arrow she drew the first letter of her native alphabet on the ground in her own style of calligraphy. Once it was done she removed the letter by brushing the sand. After that she repeated the process of making the next letter in the alphabet.
Syra

Post by Syra »

ooc
In the interest of keeping people moving, I am going to post regardless of those players we are missing :)
Forgive me!

ic
"Repay..." Lilliane repeated, sounding rather dull. "Repay.." She looked at Galliban. "I have told you the truth..." It was hard to look at the paladin and not spill the rest of the story immediately. With quite an effort of selfretraint the young woman turned her head. "I will tell you everything you need to know...if you'll allow Lowen to live. He deserves to live. It's not...he's not evil."

The girl shivered, more from fatigue than anything else. "Can we please...just sit here for a while? I promise you he won't attack. He won't. I'm just..." She yawned. It was infectuous.

C'aldur tried to hide it, but he fell to the temptation of the yawn and hid it behind a hand. He took a look at the strange dark guide that had lead the ladies to this strange meeting. Glyph'n did not seem interested in talking at all and frankly, if the scout had to choose, he'd choose the hiding commander over the non-talkative guide any day! Of course this had nothing to do with the dark colour of the skin. Nobody would be able to call C'aldur a racist...it was just that a dark Adhiel probably had other motives! But that was not racist, right? That was practical thinking!

He nodded absentmindedly to Draydis. "No worries. In the woods nothing matters but your skils. You have already proven to be useful. Yet the woman has a point." He shot a look at Aeshinera who was sitting on the ground. "That one too looks fatigued. We should take a rest here and hear this story afore continuing. Agreed?"

He quickly signalled his men. The twins took up first guard while Sharn joined the group in the middle. He sat down in front of Lilliane. "What do you reckon, we cut her loose then?"

C'aldur nodded and swiftly the bonds were loosened. Lilliane rubbed her wrists, not daring to look at the paladin again.

Sharn moved to Aeshinera. "Hey, you alright?" He looked at the young woman. "If you wanna...ya know...rest your head a little, I'll make sure you don't get hurt."

The darkskinned Adhiel stepped in and growled. "She's my charge. Move on." Protectively he stood over Aesh, daring Sharn to make something of it.

Sharn decided not to make something of it, shrugged and moved back.

Glyph'n nodded at Aeshinera. "He's right. You should rest some. The night has been too long already."

[/size]
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban just shook her head mildly at Lilliane's reply. It seemed to her that the girl was being very stubborn considering her situation. The paladin did not want to kill anyone or anything needlessly, but she could hardly promise not to Lowen no matter what. If the wolf attacked, she would have to defend herself and her companions.

Galliban watched as Lilliane yawned, followed by C'aldur. It seemed that the girl was not the only one fatigued. Galliban herself did not have any objection to resting, guessing that Lilliane would be more cooperative if she was not tired.

After it was agreed that the party would rest, Galliban turned to Draydis. She had been intending to talk to him, but she had not yet been given the chance. Then was as good a time as any, so she proceeded to approach him.

"Draydis," she said to the Emerald Guardsman. "May I have a word with you?"

Post by Guest »

She did not care what happened with the interrogation, as it was not her style to talk to people like that. In any case the words were loud enough for everyone to hear. Thus she picked them up as well. Probably Lowan picked them up too. You should free her of those bonds; she kept her promise, keep yours too. If you do not she will never tell you anything anymore. I so dislike interrogation, perhaps there could be something used less stressful and less painful for the emerald guard. It would save the victim a lot of problems. In case of innocence there would be less dislike than such an approach as used now. She did not hear her being freed from the bounds that kept her prisoner thus she only shacked her head.

She continued drawing letter in her own developed calligraphy style. The style consisted of making floratic letters. So far it is at the moment it will not be good enough for documents yet. However placing this art with Daffodil was certainly not a problem.

As if it was magic a sudden stream of yawns came across different people. Suddenly everyone seems tired. She looked up to the sky. The moon is greeting us again. The moon always shades the flora so pretty. Oh, the moon is attracting me. The moon? Is there a faith of the moon? It is yet another thing that I need to figure out. So many unanswered questions, will I ever get all the answers? The priestess did not join in the yawning stream even though her body felt tired. It was not like her to do that gesture in public.

Those words of C'aldur were welcoming. An offer to take some rest, an option to let the dreary mind restore activity. This place would be as good as any. Actually it was even better since everyone was already near each other and nothing had to be moved. She looked up to C'aldur from the ground. With her standard crystal clear voice and calmness she spoke to him. "Yes, I agree with you, sir C'aldur"

The noise of fiddling with the bonds that withheld the girl's actions made Aeshinera sigh with relief. She is getting a better treatment now; I hope it will be positive conversation from now on, without threats and demands. The apprentice looked at Lilliane with a smile, but it was not for long. Her mind was set on writing calligraphy again. It was almost if she was absentminded at the moment. It was partially true, because her concentration was focused upon improving her practiced skill.

Caring words of Sharn towards her made her feel slightly better. Quite softly she said his name, though it was in such an approach that he could read from the voice she appreciated it. Before she could say another word her guide came in between. He looked agitated by the approach of Sharn. After seeing the event between Glyph'n and Sharn she gave a little sigh. She could understand Glyph'n's actions, however it was still rude to act that way to a gentle gesture. Nevertheless she appreciated the protection that Glyph'n executed for her.

It was definitely true, she slept badly last night and this day had already shown its darker side. She looked up to Glyph'n from the soil. It did not take much longer than a few flickers to give him an agreeable nod. On the gesture she added some words. This time the clear words held a suppressed sign of exhaustion. "Yes.. Sharn and you are telling me something I should do. Take you both for your caring words." She looked up to the moon with a short silence. Not removing the moon from her sight she continued talking. "The moon looks beautiful today, do you not think so? I wonder were the faith of the moon is."

Aeshinera stood up and walked to a spot with soft grass. Normally she would change clothes, however with all the men around, she decided against it. She placed all her equipment near her. From her pack she took out two woollen blankets. One to cover the floor and gave something warm to lie on, the other to cover herself. Because she does not have the luxury of a pillow, she used her satchel by placing it beneath the bottom blanket. The small elevation gave a nice place to rest a head on, even if it was not perfect it would do a good job.

In general she told all the people what she was going to do. "I am going to lay down for the night people. I wish you all a good fatigue restorative rest and pleasant dreams." After saying those words to the group, she dedicated her attention to the two flowers in her backpack. She looked at them as their stems raised out of the backpack. Softly she whispered to them. "Flowers of friendship, I wish you too a wonderful Gravetide." Finally she turned her attention to her divine Mother. She whispered this time as well; she knew that the Gracious Mistress of the Leaves would always hear her. With love added to her standard texture of voice she said a bedtime give thanks prayer. '''Thank Thee Gracious Mistress for guarding me through yet another day. Thank Thee Mother for Thy inspiration that Thee hath granted me. Thy love hath warmth my heart. Thy care hath enlightened me. May Thy love be eternally bountiful. I will lay my mind to rest in Thy care.'''

After saying these words she tried to place her mind to rest. She felt safe being in the care of the Mistress. Without the feeling of danger a mind could find rest with ease.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis nodded in agreement to all the words spoken in regard to Lilliane. "It has been a long night for many of us. Perhaps the morning will bring us additional wisdom that our wearyness has masked."

He began to look for a place to sleep, and thought about resting near Aeshinera. Draydis did not know if the woman was still interested in a relationship with him, as they had not had the opportunity to talk since their meeting with the Thorns.

Just as he was about to go talk to Aeshinera, Galliban spoke to him. "Yes, m'lady, I would be happy to speak with you." As he turned to face her, the exhaustion of his body appeared clearly on the guardsman's face. Draydis had been up the entire previous day moving through the woods, and had used all his remaining energy to track the wolf and Lilliane. Only sheer determination kept him awake for the moment. "How may I be of service." Though he was clearly in dire need of sleep, Draydis managed a smile for Galliban. He knew that he could learn much about faith from her even though she followed Illuminatus. He was curious as to what she wanted to speak with him about...

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Though Galliban also wanted to take some rest, she did want to speak to Draydis first.

"I will try not to keep you. I know that you must have other matters to which you must attend," Galliban replied. "I just wished to inquire about your progress. The last time we spoke, you expressed a desire to become a paladin. Though we serve different deities, we still tread a similar path. Of course, I will understand if you do not wish to speak of this with me. You are quite entitled to your privacy." she continued, her tone suggesting genuine curiousity and caring.
Last edited by Galliban Tyren on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis smiled at Galliban. His feelings towards her being a friend grew almost immediately at her words. His smile grew in strength and the light in his eyes grew in intensity. "Thank you for remembering and caring."

He looked to the ground, and it seemed like they were in a comfortable spot. "Would you care to sit and hear of my journey? I respect you infinitely, and am glad that you have come into my life. I appreciate your willingness to lend me aid, and I hope you know I would do the same for you should you need anything." His words were honest and genuine. Draydis did not understand the reason for him being drawn to Galliban, but it was not resisted. Friends were something that was scarce in the guardsman's life...he liked the idea of having as many as he could...

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban gave Draydis a small smile and nodded. She took a few moments to undo the straps and belt that attached her two pairs of swords to her body. She lay her weapons by her side, within reach should she need them. She then took a seat on the ground, adjusting her armor so that she would not sit on top of it.

"Tell me of your journey. I am eager to listen." the young paladin said to Draydis. She was glad for the rest and the oppurtunity to just sit and listen to someone else.
Last edited by Galliban Tyren on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis removed his pack and weapons from his back and sat on the ground facing Galliban. "The wolf is still present, as I can smell its scent. I'll watch your back if you keep an eye on mine." His bow rested across his legs, and an arrow was ready in his hands.

Draydis told his story all the way from the beginning when the Avatar visited him in his house. He told her of the Avatar speaking of his mission and how upon its completion, he would be awared the title of paladin. His story then turned to the faerie that served as his guide, and he told of how his prayer had brought her to him. Draydis spoke of the Howler and how the strange wolf creature had referred to Draydis as Champion of the Woods. Draydis told Galliban about how the Howler had agreed to teach him how to protect the woods, which eventually led to the encounter with the werewolf. He spoke of how he was able to track the werewolf by scent and how the blue light and smells suddenly became apparent to him while the others were not able to see or smell them.

When he spoke of the werewolf, he was careful to keep his voice low so Lilliane could not hear him talk.

He finished his story and looked deep into Galliban's eyes. "I know not if I've followed the right path, but when I had doubt I asked the Mother for guidance. I never felt like I was doing wrong, so I just continue to do my best. I still know that I have a lot to learn...but with faith and help from friends like you, I know that I will persevere."

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban listened to Draydis intently and without interruption. His story was both interesting and revealing to her. It became ever more clear to her that Draydis too was an important part of the divine plan for Taquar. She was especially interested in the part of his tale concerning the werewolf, of whom she had scant knowledge. After he finished his story, Galliban spoke.

"Your words are good and kind. I am glad to know that there are people like you who will be here to defend this land," she said. "I am sure that you will learn many things on this new path, not the least of which will be about yourself. A paladin's life is service and sacrifice; being a paladin means that life will never be easy. I have found the rewards to be many, however. I have not been rewarded with coins or fame, but with gifts of the spirit. I have had experiences which most will never have. I have spoken to my god and have set eyes upon Him. I have seen the afterlife, and now have no need to fear death. Just as you say, I persevere through faith," she continued. "But I ramble. I apologize."
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis listened to the words spoken by Galliban. "I appreciate you taking time to listen to me and give me help. My mission is still the same as was given to me by the Prince." His voice lowered so only Galliban could hear. "I have yet to find the smith to forge the sword. I have agreed to join C'aldur and his men to find an orc tribe that is interested in an alliance." He smiled briefly. "It's funny to think that though my family was destroyed by orcs, and that I was tortured by them and bear the scars of that encounter, I now seek them out for their aid. From what I understand, they follow the Mother....so they are brothers of a kind. I am hoping that I can accomplish both missions and not jeopardize our people."

He looked to the others to see what they were doing and then looked back to Galliban. "Is your mission going well so far?"

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban remained silent as Draydis spoke. She knew little of orcs and their ways, only knowing that the orc tribes of Taquar had been long-standing enemies to the adhiel there.

"I did not know that your family had met with such tragedy. I offer my condolences. I too know the pain of losing loved ones. I lost my father when I was a child, then my mother only a few years after that.

"It seems that this nation will need all available help. There is another disturbance in this realm. I am sure that you must have felt it too. I do not know its origin, but it is most certainly alien to this land. It remains to be seen if it is hostile," replied Galliban. "As far as our mission, it is going as well as can be expected. I do not know this land except for what I saw during the trip between Taloh and Kes'levy, but Glyph'n has proven to be a capable guide, if somewhat taciturn. What will be waiting for us at our destination is for the most part unknown; it is only known that there is evil lurking there. The artifact must be recovered, however. Without it, Blayvanna cannot be destroyed. I am glad to be of service to Taquar, even though it is not the land of my birth. It is a special realm, and Illuminatus Himself seems to have a vested interest in preserving it. That is ultimately why I am here.

"I just hope that this business with the werewolf will conclude swiftly and without further bloodshed. There is enough death and destruction in the world already."

OOC: We should probably give the others a chance to post. We wouldn't want anyone to feel left behind.
Last edited by Galliban Tyren on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

ooc
Thank you for your consideration, Galliban. I really appreciate players who take each other into account :)

I will make a small remark as the mod of this wonderful thread: Aesh has fallen 'asleep' at her own request. We have something cooked up there between the two of us. You need not wait for her.
Goldentree has vanished and it is two weeks since Cyfrin posted.

I will send Cyfrin a pm tonight to ask him how he is doing. Give this thread a rest for 1-2 days, but feel free to continue after that. I'd hate to see great movement and interaction go to waste and I assure you I can easily write the others in again once they re-appear :)

[/size]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

OOC: Gave it 3 days. :)

Dray nodded at Galliban's offering of support for the demise of his family. "I stood there and did nothing as my father was cut down in front of me. Mother was killed as well, but I was spared the pain of witnessing that." He ran his hand along the well-used bow that was once carried by his father. A few moments passed as he traced the grain of the wood with his hand and eyes. "I have made peace with the Mother about it all. The only scars I bear now are physical ones."

Even with armor and clothing on, Galliban could easily see the gnarled scars that started at the sides of his neck and snaked beneath the clothing on his back.

"I am sorry for your loss as well. I am certain they watch over you even now, and I would suspect they do so with proud eyes." He smiled at his friend, knowing that somehow his parents were watching over him.

"If the orcs follow the Mother, then they are friends. I will see to it that they see that even an adhiel like myself can see past their exterior and see the hearts within them. I will personally see to it that they are not harmed by any adhiel." He thought for a moment about the orc attack that had happened as they first had approached their new home. "Besides, my guide told me that I have a sibling that is living with this orc clan..."

Draydis still did not know what to think of the thought of living with orcs considering all that happened to his family, but if they followed the Mother, they were certainly not to blame. He smiled at the thought of how faith had changed even his hatred into compassion.

"You remember those holy symbols I found on the orc bodies when we were attacked outside Kes'levy? Have you thought any more of that? I still tend to think that the orcs were there to help, and somehow we were the aggressors..."

He answered Galliban's statement about the realm changing. "Yes, I have felt it as well. The woods are not as they usually are. They are much more dangerous....uninviting. It is as if they are struggling to defend themselves and purge something from them. Perhaps it's that blasted demoness and the poison she put into the Mother's Tree."

"I am glad you are here, Galliban. I will look forward to seeing you again upon the completion of both our missions. I know that Illuminatus watches over you constantly, but I am certain the Mother keeps Her eyes upon you as well. What you have done and continue to do for our people is certainly deserving of much more than a simple thanks."

He smiled at Galliban and stretched slightly while yawning. "I beg your forgiveness, m'lady. I have not slept in a very long time and the world of dreams seems to be pulling at me quite strongly."

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

OOC: It's a pity that the others have seemed to abandon this thread, but I suppose that we'll just have to be patient.

IC: Galliban knew that Draydis was right about her parents watching over her. It had been proved to her when Illuminatus had rewarded her by allowing her to visit them in the Aether even as she lay unconscious in the Temple of the Mother in Taloh.

"Love knows not life or death. The barrier between this world and the Aether does not stand against it. I am sure that your loved ones see you now as well, and also look upon you with pride." she replied to Draydis, a thoughtful tone in her voice.

Galliban was glad to hear that Draydis had been able to see past the injury done to him by orcs in the past. She herself despised racism, having had her own mother leave her homeland lest her child be subject to it.

Galliban had not expected Draydis to bring up the holy symbols worn by the orcs, partially because she had forgotten about them. With all that had happened, that detail slipped her mind.

"Those symbols are somewhat troubling in light of what I have heard. If those orcs were truly followers of the Mother, then their deaths will likely prejudice the others against helping us. I can only pray that those orcs killed at Kes'levy were the true aggressors." she said.

Draydis's mention of the demon was a good explanation for the twisting of the forest, but not the more recent distrubances.

"There is something else in the forest besides the influence of that demon. I do not know what it is, but it does not belong here. It troubles me."

Galliban gave Draydis a small smile when he mentioned his fatigue.

"Of course. You need your rest and I would not seek to keep you from it. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me."
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis nodded at Galliban's words of his own family looking down at him. He did not know if he truly believed it to be true, as he had on several occasions called out for his parents to show him a sign that they were present...and there was never an answer.

At her mention of another force besides the demoness, Draydis had one thought. "Dominicus is here as well." It came out as a statement, but he intended it as a question. Dray hadn't seen any evidence of the forces of Dominicus entering the forest, but he knew from meeting with the Avatar and the Prince that their soldiers were definitely heading towards the forest.

He smiled at the consideration of his paladin friend. "I am sure you need your rest as well, m'lady. It sounds like you have a sizable fight ahead of you as well. I'd hate to think of any harm coming to you ever." He blushed slightly for some reason, but quickly recovered his composure. "I know not how we are all going to work out watches for the night. We need to make sure that it is openly obvious that the girl is not being harmed. I'd hate to provoke an attack. That wolf is stronger and more cunning than any I have ever encountered...even those demon dogs do not start to compare..." There was a hint of worry in his voice, and Galliban could tell that the guardsman was indeed wary of the beast.

"Just be safe this evening, m'lady."

DMD Member since 2005
Cyfrin Gwiwer

Post by Cyfrin Gwiwer »

OOC: Real Life emergency, resulting in my mother passing away unexpectantly :(
However I am back now, so watch out!
This post is trying to encapsulate all that has gone on from my last post until now (basically Cyfrin listened)

IC:
As others, seemingly one by one, had taken over the 'interrogation' of Liliiane Cyfrin took a backward step and let it flow. It seemed to him that now he had managed to get her talking, others were getting more information from her.
He listened carefully to the dialogue, speaking his agreement to the untying and nodding that the girl had told the truth, not all of it I am sure, so I will keep alert.
With the girl and wolf problem seemingly sorted out, to some degree at least, talk suddenly seemed to shift to sleep. He saw the look Draydis gave Aeshinera, and noticed something more than just interest, but also that it quickly disappeared when Galliban spoke to him.
Realising that they may have forgotten he was there, Cyfrin listened to the conversation between the two, fascinated at the stories told.

When the talk turned to watches, Cyfrin felt he should now speak up, "I will take the first watch Draydis, I do not seem to be as tired as the rest of us, perhaps in two or three hours I could then wake C'aldur or one of the twins perhaps"?, Cyfrin chuckled, "I am as you know, but I give you my word, I will not fail in this duty"
With that Cyfrin hoisted Draydis's given weapon, and looking around, decided that standing at one end, with the occasional walk around would be the best way to post guard.

OOC: could I have a pointer to the thread Draydis spoke about with the Avatar etc. be nice to actually read what Cyf's supposed to have listened to :)
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

OOC: I'm very sorry to hear that, Cyfrin. I offer my condolences.

IC: Galliban was noticibly interested by Draydis's mention of Dominicus. The thought that the Oneist forces had invaded had lurked in the back of her mind as well.

It must be them.

It seemed that Taquar was not going to catch a break. The demonic forces had already invaded the land, and now the Dominicans were coming as well. While there was no guarentee that they had come to start a war, Galliban had the feeling that was the case.

Galliban was grateful for Draydis's consideration for her. He seemed to be genuinely concerned about her welfare.

"Indeed, I will keep my eyes open." she replied.

It was then that Cyfrin came over to offer his services as first watch. Galliban stood up to meet him.

"I will be glad to take the second watch." she said to him. With that, she proceeded back to her tree to sit and relax for a while.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”