Retired staff

TAQ locations

Post by Elvin Motricé »

EG testing in the Temple

Player
*entering*

NPC
<center><b>Timestamp: ...</b></center>
It does not take long for a priest to make his appearance, however it does take the him a while to approach the newcomer, giving Rathien ample time to observe both him and the inside of the temple itself. Perhaps his rather relaxed attitude is due to age. He is tall for an elf, but the way he ambles across the room make it seem as though he ought to be short and stout. This impression is confirmed by the strong smell of cooking around him and several spots of something which might possibly be gravy down the front of his robe.

"Praise be to the Mother. How may we be of assistance child?"

He asked, absently licking his fingers between words. Yet somehow he does not seem out of place in the hall which like the temple's exterior appears to have grown inside the tree. Huge beams or branches criss-cross the ceiling flowing down to the floor where they form arches leading off to other parts of the temple. Despite being inside the air here seems fresher even than outside, full of the scent of growing things...

Player
'...wish to join the Emerald Guard...'

NPC
"Ah! Oh dear. Very well, follow me and don't lag behind."

Replied the priest. An entirely unnecessary warning as to lag behind his leisurely pace Rathien would almost have had to been walking backwards, at least that was the way it seemed. He led the high-elf
to a small room and turned to her: "Please wait here for flicker, I have to go and see if the Avatar is ready for you."

He left through the opposite door...

Player
*in the waiting room*

NPC
The door Rathien came through with the priest opens and a woman steps inside, dressed in a simple gown of green cotton. The woman stares at Rathien and says: "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that someone was already waiting in here. Did you come to see the Avatar as well?"

Player
*answer*

NPC
The woman giggles slightly.
"The Emerald Guard? Oh heavens no, I'm just a student here you see? Do you wish to join the Emerald Guard? Isn't that very dangerous, especially for a woman?"

She takes a seat beside Rathien and smiles, calmly awaiting her reply.

Player
*answer*

NPC
The woman listens to Rathiens every word, before she sprouts her thoughts.

"You have no fear of getting killed? Or even a hesitation of taking such responsibility?"

Her voice remained calm and tranquil, but as clear as the water flowing from a mountain stream.

"I myself study the life around me, in all it's facets. The Mother is an endless source of knowledge."

Player
*answer*

NPC
The woman smiles and takes her hand.
"So you believe in the Mother as well? That is good to hear."

She tilts her head slightly and comes up with a strange question.
"One thing puzzles me though. In the Emerald Guard, you'd have to follow orders, right? What if the order given seems wrong to you?"

Player
*answer*

NPC

(More to be added later, posts can be adapted for use with the player.)
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi

Return to “T'aquar Archive”