Samheen 27th - Looking for a New Ship

Moderator: Mods

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Samheen 27th - Looking for a New Ship

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

Lir sauntered into the Scarlet Hydra Inn and looked about the common room with her one eye. Her nose wrinkled from the smells that emanated from the place as she walked towards the bar and asked for a drink. She casually looked about, her purpose here was to hail a captain as well as offer her services. She had hoped that Raven Darkheart would be back from the Mer so she could try to get onto his ship and become one of his crewmen. Where has that blackguard been hiding? Her expression darkened for a flitting moment as she pushed the past aside. Where has that blackguard been hiding?

Cyprian gives me the creeps. I have no desire for the zealot to try to convert me and demeaning my beliefs. Although, Bayton is also questionable. Too destructive, I have no idea how he still manages to come up on top unless he steals the crew's shares to keep buying ships... She grimaced, the pool is getting smaller by the year. She stirred out of her musings to see if Bayton had made it to the inn, but she knew that most of the meetings were upstairs.

She looked at the bartender and held coins between her fingers, "Bayton arrive yet?" She asked. The bartender would have noticed that there was enough for the drink and a sizable tip for some information that she requested.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The bartender accepted her coin and flipped it through his fingers, making it shine and sparkle as he pushed a drink towards her with his other hand

"Well miss, he might, or he might not..depends on who's asking" he said, as he looked her up and down, measuring her up.

He said nothing, waiting for her to speak, with a face that showed nothing...
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Lir's face suddenly broke out into a saucy smile and her violet eye met his. She stood to her full height and spoke with a bold friendliness, "Blimey! You always ask that question as if you don't know who I am and the hundreds of times I've been in here. Ship healer, need job at sea, and I think ye can fill in the blank with who I be." Her voice was confident and she was here to do business.

This man nor anyone else failed to made her nervous anymore. It was silly for him to turn her away even if there was another ship healer. It was not like they grew on trees. She sighed, "I know that ye know me name and all and even where I be living." She sat down and leaned forward, her chin resting on her hand as if they knew each other since as long as they had arrived here, "Now, be a good dog and let me know if the Cap'n is in so I can get new papers." Her tone was in completely teasing. It was something that the bartender liked to do to feel important, but she hadn't been to sea for awhile now and it was time.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

a sudden grin lightened up the bartenders face
"Ah, but there is nothing like the shine of gold to help one's memory get goin' "

he leaned on the bar and pocketed the coin.

"So, you want a ship? And a job as a healer? I thought ye got yourself a nice little place in town, do you want to leave already?"
he sighed "What will we do without a healer?"

Then he nodded towards the door at the end of the large room.
"The Capt'n is upstairs, better make sure to knock first" he winked.
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Ah, there's the grin I was waiting for. She thought to herself, her smile never wavered, instead it brightened. At the mention of her home, clicked her tongue by the roof of her mouth and looked at him as if he had wounded her. "I don't want it to be me Killick," she retorted. "You know me enough that the Mer calls for me, I take care of the likes of the crew that are taken into the sweet trade." She winked.

"'Course, what would ye do without a healer? Why, they will be poxed, and found with the scurvy, not even good enough to be shark bait." Her eye twinkled happily at the teasing banter. Her brilliant violet eye followed the bartender's gaze and she chuckled. "You know I will." She giggled softly and kissed the bartender on the cheek.

"Now don't let that be anything more than a token of my appreciation. I would not want ye crusty ol' heart to grow dusty with the lack of use." She flashed another bright smile and took a swig of the offered drink and headed off in the direction that the bartender indicated. It was not usually how she spoke but it seemed to make the locals more comfortable to talk in their familiar cant.

As she came to the door, she listened before she knocked loudly. How much do you want to bet he has a whore in there with him? She smirked as she waited.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The barmans face split in a wide grin
"aye lass, we will wither and waste away without your foul-tasting potions and hard hands to care for us!"

As she kissed him he hugged her, and let her go with a slap on the back-side "And who is going to take care of you? huh? And who will heal my ol'broken heart ?" he said, with a mocking sulk.

As Lir reached the door, she did not need to be very bright to guess the Captain hed company; there were giggles, and the sounds of furniture being moved.
Her knock caused some more movement, a loud curse, the rustling of clothes and then the door opened and three girls left in a hurry, looking at Lir with angered looks.

a voice bellowed "What'ya want ? It better be some good, 'cause you just spoiled my evening!" It sounded gruff and obviously not very pleased with the interruption.

Captain Cyprian sat on the bed, his shirt open, his feet bare. One of his boots lay beside te bed, the other lay under the window, together with a womans scarf. A bottle of wine and some glasses stood on the table, but the chairs were scattered around the room.
"So"he rumbled, looking at Lir with his eyes half closed "What is it ya want?"

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

A yelp could have been heard as he smacked her back-side and she shook her head. Everytime...

She grimaced as her thoughts were right and she noticed three girls running out, a smirk appeared. "Ye didn't have to leave on my account." Lir heard the wrong captain bellowing and sighed. Ohh that Squiffy! It's the wrong captain. An extra foul smelling drug for you! She did not look back at the barman knowing that he would probably being snickered at right about now.

Lir leaned against the door frame, with her arms crossed and gave a sweet smile, "I thought ye were someone else." She replied to the half undressed man sitting on the bed. "'Ello Cap't Cyprian." Her gaze did not get shy as she greeted the man. It was not like she has never seen a naked man before. "I need a job on a pirate ship." She told him her purpose here. "I was hearing that some ships were in need of a healer." She spoke casually as she looked about the room in slight distaste. "Ye know they really didn't have to leave on my account. I'll bet ye can call them back after I leave and your evening wouldn't be ruined at all."
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Cyprian eyed her for a fer breaths, then shrugged at the door.
"Har, there's always more where that came from"

He threw his hairy head back and laughed, a laugh the shook the smudgy windowpanes and hurt Lir's ears.

Brusquely he stood, grabbed the bottle and two glasses in one huge, rough hand and wiped the table clean with the other.

"Girls I can do anytime...but business is some other thing. SIT" this was not so much a question.
"Wanna glass of Thurb's finest? The stuff from beneath the counter? " He poured her a glass, not really waiting for an answer anyway. Then he sat down and leaned back

"So, yer want a job as a ships healer huh? Are yer any good? How's yer sea-legs? Can you hold a weapon too? Who've ye been sailing with lately?"

he took a huge swallow from his glass, and a refill while he waited for her answers

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Only until the Captain invited her in did she move forward. "'Course." She replied to the promise of Thurb's finest. She accepted the glass and took a seat in a chair close by. "Healing is my specialty. I'm as good as any that you've come across, maybe even better." The laughter did cause her to wince a little, but she plastered a huge grin on her mouth.

She smirked, "Me sea-legs are grand and I'm not to shoddy with a weapon. I was apprenticed under Dimitri Gandirre before his demise to the Red Rash and have been on the ship Lady Anne and The Ocean Witch before coming to Nether's Gate."

Lir let the taste of the alcohol wash over her and she felt it burn on its way down.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Captain Cyprian laughed his rumbling laugh again.
"And you have your way with words, lass ! don't they say that's a fine weapon too !
But seriously, I like a crew who is not afraid to speak out. Though you can bet on my ship my word's the law, and I can make it stick"
He leaned to her, and his dark eyes held hers in some kind of warning. This was a man one did not fool.

The he shrugged and poured more wine in their glasses.
"Well, I can always use a healer. We seem to be in need of one most of the time. Life on board id rough, but never dull. Can you leave in a few days?"
Last edited by saskia on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

A small smirk, nod, and she purred, "Aye. Me purpose is only to heal the sick and injuried on your ship." Her violet eye never left the Captain's dark eye. It was not a gaze of defiance but one of understanding of who was who.

The smirk had morphed into a half smile when she accepted more wine. She had a slight heart flutter that she would be working again but then it froze a little as she knew who the Captain of the ship was. She took another drink of the wine and nodded without any hesitation. "Aye. Tell me when I am needed and I shall be there."
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

"Oh, but you will have enough healing to do on just my ship" the captain said seriously.
"Somehow people do not seem to like us, and we always and up with just a few bruises and scratched"

He leaned back, musing, looking a bit injured at the thought of all those people not likeing a nice,friendly pirate invasion...

"Anyways...the day after tomorrow, sunset, we will leave, ready or not! Be there, and bring enough supplies!"

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

(ooc: I don't know how I missed this *cries*)

Lir nodded, her mouth formed in a thin line. Few bruises and scratches might be missing arms and boils... She finished her drink and grinned. "I'll be there." She replied happily. "Give me an idea for how much I should pack for." She asked before she decided to depart. It was never recommended to take up too much of a captain's time.
Med

Post by Med »

OOC: Your thread is overdue for a relaunch. Maeve mentioned you moving to KC, so rather than drag out your affair any long I will give you a brief summary and skills taken place during your voyage for being patient.

IC: The trip itself didn't take but a few days, but over the time Lir had problems aplenty. Being the only healer aboard a ship plagued by ruffians, boils, etc.. It was not an easy chore. Endless nights of no sleep tending to many, she was lucky enough to stay healthy herself with the daunting task.

As the ship pulled into a harbor near but not to close to King's Court she was given her opportunity to either depart or stay on board a vessel that seemed hopelessly lost. More and more got sick every day, death was beginning to fill the air with an odor most unkind. The few crew members left healthy were abandoning the ship themselves before such took them as well. More than a few spoke of going to the capitol city of the Western Kingdom near by, but agreed they should split up. Those that traveled such vessels that cam from the Nether Gates were generally not welcomed with open arms.

OOC: You can post to the KC entrance thread. Your time stamp will be Samheen the 29th.

As far as skills go from reading I shall add to your character sheet tomorrow....

Seduction/Woo Basic

Healing (Non Magic) +***

Conversation Basic

If there is anything you think I missed feel free to PM me as I am happy to work with you.
Last edited by Med on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.

Return to “On the Water Archive”