Storm on the seven seas(Dort: Stormrunner)

Moderator: Mods

Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

Anarie was managing to get some water in the skin she carried as she watched her friend move to the shoreline. She went to yell at her that Sea Water was no good but no, let her believe she was helping. Anarie thought that to say otherwise would hurt the Wood Elf's feelings and that was something she didn't want to do. Suddenly like a bolt of lightining she remembered and argument she had with her father, one of many.

SAMHEEN the 3'rd 1220 AD

"No Anarie I will not allow you to associate with those . . . mongrels. I brought you here so we could have a fresh start, not so you would go running around with Humans!" Her father had spoken vehemenetly, his face red with a barely surpressed rage. "But papa, they are good friends and . . ." Sartonis had interuppted her then grabbing her arm and hauling her close. "They are filth! Ragged mongrel pups born of a bitch mother! They live only so long as mayflies, so short that they might as well have never been born! I forbid you to lower yourself to them. Are you a Wood Elf my daughter? A putrid cousin that would share your company with all but a sewer rat?! No, you are not, you are a High Elf and will behave as befits your station!" Anarie stood tall. "Only half High Elf!" Sartonis had felt as though she had slapped his face as his only child walked away from.

Anarie was pulled from her memory by the sound of a knot in one of logs popping in the fire. Even at this distance the firelight from the cave lit up the ground enough for her too see her booted feet. She looked at Lomiodien on the shoreline as a tear ran down her cheek. "Only so long a mayflies. Might as well have never been born." She whispered as her magnificent aqua orbs watched the cave, where the Human captain was surely dying. Anarie fell onto the sand on her knees. Holding her water skin close, she wrapped her arms around her knees and cried.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Mon May 03, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

The storm had brought a lot of seaweed to the shores, the beach was filled with it, so Mio didn't have much of a problem finding food.

As Anarie cried, she suddenly felt a soft, hairy touch on her legs. As she looked down, she noticed a cat purring, as it walked circles around her legs. It was her cat!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie was crying so hard she was hiccupping. Suddenly she felt a tickling sensation against the bare skin below her torn breeches. She thought it was some kind of bug and went to slap at it until her wide aqua eyes saw it for what it was. She made a half gurgling half choking noise as the small mass of gray and black striped fur looked up at her with his yellow eyes and meowed. "Slinks! She yelled, loud enough to scare that cat away, but amazingly he was not scared. He rubbed against her leg and purred happily. She picked him up in her arms and held him, kissing his tiny head and laying her ear against his furred chest to hear him purr. Her waterskin lay at her feet ignored. Lumi had brought her her cat, her only friend in the whole world until Lomiodien had come along.

The half-high elf looked up at the stars and spoke quietly. "Thank you my Father. Praise Illuminatus."
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Sun May 16, 2004 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: Guys and gals? Where ye be hiding?
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: I was actually waiting for a reply from Mio but I'll post tomorrow!

Post by Guest »

ooc: I'm sorry for the long delay! :roll: I've got a load of really important exams coming up and at the moment most of my time is spent pootling away at revision. So I'm really sorry but I'm not sure I'll be able to post all that frequently for a while, though I'll try to as often as I can!

ic: Mio was picking her way gingerly across the beach, collecting the stringy, wet and slimy strands of seaweed over her arm, making her clothes not only wet, but oily as well from the sopping plant. She was completely lost in her own thoughts when she heard the cry, and her head jerked up sharply when she recognized the voice as Anarie's. Abandoning a large piece of seaweed she had been attempting to pull from a rock, she scrabbled and slipped over the rocks and ran as fast as she could back in the direction of the camp, skidding to an abrupt halt in front of her friend, sword out and ready, the seaweed flapping wetly against her side.
'Wha.. What's wrong?!' she gasped between breaths, turning this way and that to find the problem. But, stopping to look closely at her friend, Mio noticed that the tears she was crying where actually tears of happiness rather than ones of fear, or sadness as she had first thought. And the thing that she was clutching tightly against her, that Mio had had mistaken for some sort of furry bag, or cloth, was in fact a small cat. A small, familiar looking cat at that.
'Is... is that...' Mio stuttered, hardly believing what she saw, 'Is that Slinks?!' she stood for a moment in disbelief, and knowing it was Anarie's small feline friend, she felt a smile spread across her face, and neither the sword still in her hand, or the dripping seaweed snaking down her thigh seemed to matter.
'But that's amazing!' she exclaimed, kneeling down beside her companion to stroke the small, furry head, and then realising how stupid she must have looked with her sword out and ready for intruders, and her pile of seaweed still clutched, dripping over one arm. She blushed deeply, and stood again, re-sheathing her sword, feeling embarrassed and stupid, 'I have some seaweed.' she said, trying to cover her embarrassment, 'I'll go and start making dinner shall I?'
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie smiled as the Wood Elf caressed her cat's fluffy fur. "He does not feel that wet. Wonder I how long he has been on land." She stated simply in Elvish. The half-elf never realised how much like her father she sounded at those times but she did . . . indeed.

Her aqua eyes took in Lomiodien's catch. "Dinner? Oh goody! I got some water from the tree leaves . . . if we need more . . . I don't know what we will do. Perhaps you should fill your canteen as well. I will fix dinner . . . I have cooked seaweed before. It isn't going to be the cooking I'm used to eating but it will dissapate the hunger." She let her gaze drop to the canteen that Lomiodien still had on her. "No. You try to collect somemore water before it dries up. Just tilt the leaves so the water on them runs into your canteen."

The Half-High Elf got up, setting Slinks gently on the ground. She looked around the immediate area for small sticks. The easiest way to cook seaweed was wrapped on a stick.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue May 18, 2004 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Anarie searched for small sticks while Slinks playfully walked in circles around her and between her legs. She almost tripped over the cat a couple of times. The sticks were not hard to find. It didn't take her long to gather enough of them.

Mio got her canteen and filled it up with water from the leaves and they were ready to fix up some seawead within a candlemark.
Anarie Laezuriel

When Anarie got back to their "home" she watched the Captain and wondered if perhaps he was sleeping. Slinks started to wander over to the portly human until his mistress shoed him away with a whispery "No no! Get back here furball!"

She took the wet seaweed and started wrapping it tightly around her sticks. "Seafood kabobs, absolutely FABulous Dahling!" She said in a mock high society voice and giggled to herself. Plopping down in the dirt, she wiggled her fanny until she was comfortable and stuck the first stick near the flames letting a few flames flicker against the seaweed.

Post by Guest »

Mio returned back from the trees with her canteen full of water from the leaves. Setting it down next to Anarie, she sat comfortably near the fire and watched as her friend wrapped a piece of the seaweed she had collected swiftly around a long stick, smiling slightly at her friend's jovial remarks. After watching the method carefully, Mio bent down and, without asking, followed suite. She picked a stick and a piece of seaweed and began to tightly wrap it around the wood, her lips pursed in concentration. Finally finishing, and pleased with the result of her labours, she smiled happily with her neat seaweed-stick and stuck it into the fire the way Anarie had done, turning it gently in the flames. After a moment, she looked up at her friend with a small smile, 'This one is for the good captain.' she told her quietly, before looking back down to concentrate on her cooking.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie turned her head to look at her friend and smiled back. "Glad I am to that I am not alone here." She leened over and kissed Mio's cheek and went back to her cooking. The half high-elf had roasted three kab-bobs and was on her way to a fourth. "You think he will eat this stuff? I've had it before and it is not too bad, but he doesn't look very healthy and it might not taste good to a sick man." Anarie pouted her full lips, frowning at the thought.

She took the fourth kab-bob from the flames and set it down. Grabbing the first one and second one she made the young elfess walked over to the captain, kneeling down at his side. She motioned for Mio to bring the ones she had made for the captain over here. Slowly she roused the elderly man. "Wake now captain dear. Food we have."

Post by Guest »

Mio smiled warmly back at her friend,
'I'm glad too.' she said softly, lifting her seaweed out of the flames and blowing on the stick lightly where it had caught fire,
'I think he will eat some,' she said in answer to Anarie's question, 'If he is hungry enough.' She got to her feet and followed her companion over to the sleeping man, kneeling patiently beside him as her friend spoke to him in common,
'Wake up.' she said in echo of Anarie's coaxing, 'Wake up, captain, sir.'
Last edited by Guest on Thu May 27, 2004 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

OOC msg from Meri: Syra is going to take over you thread:)

IC:The fire crackled and popped when it found new wood to feed on. The improvised foodsticks smelled quite enticing despite their rather unusual contents. The salty, sturdy bits of seaweed warmed their insides and brought some energy back into their limbs.

"Hrmrmm?" Captain Gilmur uttered sleepily. The smell alone was not enough to wake him.

Off in the distance thunder rolled. The storm that had tossed them all together was still playing around. Flashes of lightning illuminated the far away clouds, almost mirroring the dancing salamanders in the campfire. The wind had died down. Everything smelled fresh and new after the torrents, getting ready for a well deserved nights rest.

Another flash in the distance was answered with a lazy roll. The storm finally seemed to have run it's course.

FLASH!
BADABOOM!

The earth shook under their feet as one after the other thunderclap followed the unnaturally well aimed lightningstrikes. One struck right next to the fire, quelling it with it's force. Another went straight over Anarie's head, scorching the tips of her hair. The next blinded all their senses as the clap that followed introduced the end of the world.

A great shadow hung over them. The ground split. Something very big forced it's way through the solid earth and came to a grinding halt right on top of where poor captain Gilmur had been sleeping.

Something hissed and yelled behind them. Another flash and the earth was moving again underneath their feet. When their eyes had finally accustomed themselves to the dark after this assault Anarie found herself in a little, cramped room, staring at two bunks occupied by some sailors, although the lower bed held something more akin to a strange professor than anything else with his balding head and protruding belly.
Before she could react the man in the upper bunk quickly rolled out of the bed unto the wooden floor.

At the same moment Lomiodien stumbled over some ropes into the arms of a complete stranger with skin as black as the night itself. He looked at her intently while his strong arms quickly grabbed hers to prevent her from falling any further.

ooc
Welcome to my playground!
You are both cordially invited to post your replies to the following thread:

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=80742#80742
Last edited by Syrawenn on Fri May 28, 2004 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Return to “On the Water Archive”