A Calming on the Sea

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"If it is what you wish but I see no reason to sacrifice your sleep for his. He could make something in a flicker and you both could have a peaceful grave tide. It doesn't tempt you?" the blonde figure asked. She couldn't help but press her argument. There was no reasoning that she could see in his decision. Perhaps, he was too tired to think things through.

Post by Guest »

"do you think so? That he could give me something that makes me sleep without dreaming?"
For a moment he was silent, stared out over the sea.
"He did sent us away you know. No, I must overcome this myself. I cannot live for the rest of my life depending on some kind of herb.
Let's first see if I reach my nameday again and live. That is just a few nights away....
Let's go to sleep. I'll leave the door open if you don't mind. If you wake up and sense something is wrong, try to wake me up, if you want."
"Not that she would notice" he thought, "she 'd be to far away to sense anything, and wake up in the morning to discover my cold body...."
He shivered.
Looked her for one moment straight in the eyes.
What did she think of him? That he was a weakling? Someone that better could have been left out in the cold to die? Just because he now feared his dreams?

Return to “On the Water Archive”