The Bazaar - Samheen 24th MT (open to all)

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Post by Guest »

Rylagh closed his eyes.

Breathe in.

The Achadhiel turned his sensed inward as the Magus instructed. He could feel his lungs filling to capacity as the sound of the air could be heard from within.

Breathe out.

It was damply cool in the tent, just as in all of Gulanadur, and that coolness on Rylagh's skin felt as a blanket to a babe, securing against harm within its comforting grasp.

Breathe in.

There was a mild ache in Rylagh's feet and calves, a result of his day spent on his feet, though it was a mild pain. He concentrated on the pain, then willed himself to endure it, pushing the pain to his subconscious.

Breathe out.

The familiar earth-scent of the City had subdued in the tents, and Rylagh could detect the smell of some sort of faint incense, wafting in from some unknown source.

Breathe in.

The sounds of the recruitment camp played a rapid staccato to accompany the steady, hypnotizing rhythm of Rylagh's beating heart.

Slowly letting out another breath, Rylagh nodded his head.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The magus spoke as soothingly as his rough voice would allow so as to not break his concentration.

"Next you are to open your Inner Eye." The Magus instructed. "Air flows in and out of your body; fiery warmth flows in your veins and pulses from your heart; cool intellect and the dark and light of emotion swim through your mind. Focus all the more on those three, your breath, your pulse, your thoughts. Then extend your awareness. Imagine a third eye looking down on your body and will it to open. Sense the energy within you and tell me what you see.

OOC: You are free to describe what if anything Rylagh sees. Feel free to PM me or check out other magic threads for ideas.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

The student did as the master instructed, feeling all that was his inner self. Then, with considerable mental effort, he pushed his consciousness "beyond" and turned his "sight" within.

Rylagh at first could see nothing, but then he saw it, almost as if it were so out of focus that he had been looking through it all this time. But now, Rylagh could begin to see himself, as that view began to come into focus. Still a blur of energies, it was difficult for Rylagh to distinguish detail, but at the edges, he could see where certain energies stood alone: the fire of his blood, the air of his breath, the water of his soul, and the earth of his frame. Throughout all danced the lightness and the darkness of his emotion, a ballet of cacophany just waiting to be tapped and released. Rylagh strained to open his "eye" even wider, reaching out to grasp the energy...

...and found himself looking once again into the eyes of the Magus, one arm stretched out, almost touching the Magus' robes.

The youth was quite spent with effort, sweat drenching his brow and every muscle in his body burning with strain. He let his arm fall to his side and spoke, the fatigue noticeable in his voice.

"Magus, it... it was... amazing! I saw it! The...," he struggled for breath, "the energy was there, almost... as though I could reach... out and touch it!"

Rylagh crouched down slightly, hands on knees, resting a moment, looking about him for any sign of passage of time. "How long was I... within?"
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

A wheezing noise issued forth from the Magus and his shoulders shook. It took a moment to realize that he was chuckling. "Burns only, Rylagh. Burns only. It seems wrong does it not, that such a world changing event was a mere eyeblink." He wheezed again.

"In time, looking within will be easier than looking without." The Magus assured him. "We must work upon your endurance. Only then can we begin to work upon your perception. To use the precise language, Rylagh, what you have done is called centering yourself. The process attunes your mind to your body such that you can see the Aetheric energy within. If you feel you have the strength, center yourself once more and hold it for as long as you can. Let us begin to stretch your boundries further."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”