The Final Farewell [Temple of Molten SH 24 lMT/eTT]

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Her Majesty smiled at Ssinith's caution; a mixture of respect and amusment was in her gaze. "Yes such things are known which is why I have taken steps to ensure I am safe from them." She gestured towards the lava flow. "Molten protects us here, Firebrand. Only The Burning Lord hears our words beyond this chamber, is that not right Temperer?" The Queen bestowed her smile on the priest.

Caldera nodded yes. "It is for that reason that the followers of Molten pray over the highest mysteries here and disclose to him the fears of our hearts in private."

"So you may speak freely, Ssinith." The Queen informed him. "Please, we would hear your counsel."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

*Gulp*

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Good..." Ssinith replied.

Relaxed about what he was about to reveal, he raised his head to the queen.

"... Your Majesty... we have a portal in the temple..." Ssinith began, giving a few flickers to let that sink in.

"Unoperational, but a once-working portal that I am certain was made by our dwarven bretheren in Nazareen. In order to remedy this tragedy, the temple must walk into the realm of the political to seek aid in restoring their spiritual brothers from whatever happened. This could lead to many possibilities, Your Majesty... a worst case scenario is that the enemy figures out how to open our portal and has direct access to the heart of Gulanadur... the best-case scenario is that the portal can become fully operational and we have access to new alliances to aid us in the Ascent."

Ssinith sighed, not knowing what to say now other than the obvious.

"To breach upon going to the surface without the consent of she who desires us to make ourselves known to the surface would be a crime. Considering the energy it takes to create a portal, destroying it could be hazardous to the temple and its foundations if done improperly."

Ssinith then looked at the lava that poured from this room... and wondered if it was a natural occurence or a blessing from Molten. If it was natural, however... things could be a whole lot worse if something went wrong...

"So..." Ssinith replied, turning his gaze back to the queen. "I believe our best option would be to guard it tight for now and find out what happened at the other portal... at least informing Nazareen that their bretheren are in danger and require a second opinion on how to heal them. Helping them in this way would open doors. I do not trust anyone at the Mage's Guild to handle such a thing without using either using it to their benefit, or letting their ego get in the way of getting the job done. As much as I respect my craft... sometimes I truly wonder why the people who share it take their attitiude in the direction they do..."

She is... elegent and cute at the same time! how is that possible?

She is the Queen...

But women are usually one or the other! I have a tougher time talking to girls who are elegent!

Well, that proves how much you know about women even in your studies...

I never said I knew anything about women!

Then quit thinking like you do!

He awaited the queens response, still looking at her face and stature. His ears relaxed in a quiet yet polite revelry from his knelt position.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Her Majesty said nothing for a few burns. Her fingers fluttered in the air as though adding things up on tallying stones. She turned for a flicker to look into the heart of the lava flow. "Are we right, Temperer, that the dwarves of Nazareen were once frequent visitors back before the Portals failed?" She queried.

"That is so, your Majesty." Caldera replied. "The priests at the time interpreted this as a lack of faith on the part of our Nazareen brothers. Some called our faith into question of course." Caldera added. "But we stopped speculating on both counts when the mages reported their Portals had stopped functioning as well."

Queen Ser'raquine nodded and then turned back to Ssinith and the Temperer. "Thank you both for this information. Now we shall share some of our own with you." She stated calmly. "We will find no allies in Nazareen. We have our contacts in Dort. According to them, the dwarves have been fleeing Nazareen and bringing stories of great destruction and dark invaders." She shook her head sadly. "Yet another people needing our aid. Perhaps in time we shall be able to come to their aid as well. How likely is the chance of invasion from the Portal, Firebrand? Dare we hope that the failure of these invaders to follow the dwarves you speak of means that they lack the means to do so."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Wha?!

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Nazareen has been invaded?!" Ssinith replied in surprise. "..."

He tried to calculate in his head the possibilities... if it was, indeed, the Oneists, they may have the spiritual power to override the energy using the portal. Ssinith went from kneeling to sitting down, trying to figure out the possibilities. He went into his satchel with shaky hands and tried to write in order to help him assess things.

"Well... if it was the Oneists that invaded, they most certainly would have at least the spiritual force to open the gate on the other side... however... the Oneists, from my studies, are also VERY against the use of the arcane and may not know what they have in their grasp. I do not wish to underestimate them, however, and will assume they know what they have is a portal."

He took out his diagram, looking inquisitively at the Temperer.

"You said that the Mages lost access to portals around the time of the accident? ..." Ssinith inquired. "... I shall put that into account. That would mean that the problem came from the connection in the Aether and not the portal itself."

Ssinith was trying desperately to figure out this entire puzzle, pondering the matter deeply. He thought of what possibly could have happened in the Aether to prevent the portals from working. He drew a circle around the connection area between the portals and drew a portal "M" to the side of the portal "G".

"Our greatest concern right now is that whatever enemy that stormed Nazareen would solve the problem we currently have with our portals and storm in for an invasion. Since we know now that enemy forces are now occupying Nazareen, I would put prayer and energy into keeping the bloody thing closed until we can figure out why the connections for Gulanadur's portals was severed so abruptly. In the meantime, if we can get more information about the forces occupying Nazareen, we can be prepared for the worst if they do arrive... if it is the Oneists..."

Ssinith paused a moment, smirking to himself and tapping his quill to the side...

"... Depending on their number in Nazareen, we may be able to use this as a surprise attack if we solve the problem first. The odds are in our favor are that our enemy, if they do know it is a portal, has no idea where it leads... and if they are smart, will not use it until they know where the other side will bring them. Considering that we will be making our presence known in the war, once they do realize where it leads, they will do everything in their power to open it."

Folding his hands, he rests his chin on them and thinks of the possibilities there.

"Now the question of the tide will be; What will happen once it opens? Considering that even the mages lost the ability to portal, that means that there is something very wrong in the Aether area around us for portaling... whether it has subsided since the accident, we are not sure. For if it were merely a problem between the portal at the Temple and Nazareen, then the portals which lead to gods know where at the Mage's Guild would not have ceased to function. In any case, keeping the door spiritually locked on our side would be our safest bet until we hear from the Mage's Guild that another portal in Gulanadur has been used successfully. Because if they open that side with our side securely warded, they will have one rude awakening on the journey... I would also wait for word on what these 'Dark Forces' are before rushing in. The Oneists are closer to us and should be dealt with first, but to keep this from becoming a two-front invasion, I see a little more scouting as necessary. I pray that their invaders are orcs or some other type of primate species who have no idea how to use portals... that would be our most ideal scenario."

He stood up straight as he sat to stretch himself a little, and looked up at the Queen.

"Pardon the long rambling, Your Highness, but when I get started... I like to cover every possible outcome, particularly something with such a hazardous potential. Though too late to make a long story short, we should keep a constant prayer vigil on keeping that portal closed is a necessity until we have more information. Ward it against problems more than the Mage's Guild Alchemy Lab... I would say a small unit of Dark Knights patrolling that place would not be out of the question either... better to be paranoid than invaded."

He looked over to the Temperer to see if he agreed.

"Any other possibilities that I might have missed?"
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Caldera shook his head no. "You have been most complete, Firebrand. I know my brethren are loath to let those not of the faith in the deep places of the Temple and I share those views. The power of the Molten and the strength of his priests shall suffice to guard the portal. If we cannot stand against the foe here at the heart of our power then then is no hope for us at all." The Temperer concluded confidently. His faith in his fellows was secure.

The Queen said nothing for a burn and then slowly nodded her head in agreement. "We shall leave this task in your hands and the hands of Molten, Temperer. Our trust in you has thus far been well placed. We see no reason why should not trust you now."

Her Mjaesty turned once more to Ssinith and favored him with a slight smile. "We shall not forget this loyal service, Firebrand. When you have played your part in the Great Ascent, we shall speak again." Her smile widened a bit at that thought.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

His eyes blinked in surprise for a few moments... a girl, let alone a Queen, wanted to see him again? This was a first! He wrinkled his nose in a cute manner as his ears perked at the thought.

"Ah... thank you, Your Majesty!" Ssinith replied in a slightly surprised, but humble tone.

He then remembered that he requested to speak with Molten on a couple of things. Shaking out of his revelry, he returned his focus to the Queen.

"I... was going to commune with Molten one last time before departing for the Ascent, My Queen" Ssinith stated. "... Sort of a Final Farewell in the case I... fail to make it back. It is my way of paying respect and also what Molten wants to see in this war. After all, I can not give everything to Molten's cause if I am ignorant of it. Though I have a general idea, there are a few important issues which need to be addressed. If you have any others which I may inquire of Him... now would be the time to ask before we get into the full swing of the war."

He looked sheepish again, running his fingers through his braided locks.

"If you think it is hot here, that antechamber will melt you! I learned the hard way not to wear robes in there. I would hate to think of you enduring something like that, particularly wearing that crown... oh gods, metal in that heat?"

Ssinith... your rambling again!

"Ah! Excuse me Your Majesty... I just get frightened and excited at the same time when I think about meeting Molten again..."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Her Majesty turned her face for a moment as he spoke but not before Ssinith could see the slight amused smile that she simply could not hide. He is so earnest. So guileless. I had forgotten what it looked like. More I had forgotten how endearing it could be. Still however well meant, he must know the strength of his Queen. When she turned back towards Ssinith there was no sign of amusement though her smile was present and warm.

"We have been before the Burning One before, Firebrand." She chided him gently. "We presented ourselves before Him and tested our right to rule by fire. As you can see we survived. As did our crown." She smiled a little wider. "Though it was all that survived."

"I know your offer is well meant, Ssinith, but there shall always be issues that must remain between us and Molten." She stated firmly. "Seek your answers within the antechamber and I shall seek mine."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Buh...

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Ahh... that never crossed my mind. Forgive my impudence, Your Majesty." Ssinith replied with a sheepishness...

Of course Molten would have tested her!

Yes, now continue...

He lifted from his seated position back into a kneeling one, still paying reverance to whom he was speaking to. Pushing his sappy side to the back of his mind, his heart once again took over.

"I will do as you say and serve Molten and Gulanadur in this War with everything I am." Ssinith began, with a determined tone. "The primates on the surface will pay for wounding us and our surface cousins... but all will know what we are capable of, and see us in a greater fear and respect. I believe in your dreams, Excellency... I will see them come true in the coming yahren."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Queen Ser'raquine Devir seem to dismiss Ssinith by solem silence, but just as the dark adhiel would leave, she would for one last time speak up to him before he left.

"I would not have one of my citizens leave my kingdom without power behind there words. Ssinith, when you go to the surface, nay, even as you go before Molten, you will be of Good Blood. When our surface brethren speak to you, let it be that they are speaking to someone who is the closest entity to royalty, without having the birthright."

She stopped, and paused for a moment looking at Ssinith, "If I sent you away, in any other manner, I would be sending you away unprotected. You may take your leave now. You also have my permission to visit the guilds, and take what you believe only you need. That includes all of them, Dark Knights to Merchants."

Her majesty removed a scarf from around her neck, a black silk garb, of quality Ssinith would never imagine. She handed it to a servant, who then handed it to, Ssinith, "Our ilk is on the surface already, individuals. I hear from them, a blindfold helps them bear the light. Sometimes the light can be a burden except this for your protection."

"Farewell to you, Ssinith. May I hear from you soon, my newest ambassador. You have your leave."
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

She likes me!

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Remaining kneeling, he accepted the scarf as a near sacred object. The silk was unlike anything he had ever seen. He gazed at it in his fingers before returning his gaze to the Queen while still kneeling... he bowed his head before her, almost unable to speak from the honor she just placed on him.

"... Yes My Queen..." Ssinith replied with undying humility.

His heart was racing... he was recognised by the Queen and a Good Blood! He had never expected this meeting to come around and had already purchased everything he could afford and need. With this new title, he would have to make one more run... after all, if the Queen expected him to be an Ambassador, he would need to get something more... serious than his robes. Still, his current attire would fit things on the field. He began with the scarf, however, placing it around his own neck as a sign of reverance. He would wear it into every battle during this war. He stood up and turned to the Temperer, nodding in his direction.

"How much time have I? I will not deny My Queen's desire for me to be prepared to the fullest." Ssinith said with a serious tone as he replaced the hat over his eyes. "I will have my final words with Molten directly. How much time before Eveningtide?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Timejump:

A voice came to Ssnith, "You can speak with me anywhere, son, beholder of power. But I shall speak to you once you have proven yourself on the surface, then I promise you shall hear my true praise. For now, there is no time to waste get to the surface, speard my word."

It was the voice of Molten, no one else heard it and it was gone.

The queen gave Ssinith 10 crowns for his new life, and a piece of parchament, and was instructed to fill out what he think he would need--this would be seperate from the ten crowns as these items would be of service of Gulanadur.

As a scribe took the list of goods and it seemed clear it was time for Ssisinth to be one his way...to the surface.

OOC: sorry that took so long, I am still recovering from my surgery.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Yes

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Son?

This caught him off guard to hear his god call him 'son', but he accepted his words with humility. Bowing his head and nodding, he understood what he had to do.

"Yes, Father... I should have known you knew my heart, but how could I say farewell to you when you will not leave my side? I will go."

He set forth immediately, now a wealthy man. He was still unclear what he would do exactly with those ten crown... but he knew he would put it to some great use.

(The Note)

- Clothes worthy of an Embassador of Gulanadur, but still combat appropriate.

- Armor which permits great movement and an extra reinforcement of blows for unarmed attack (as I will be learning martial arts). Does not need to match the above-mentioned clothes, but it would be an added bonus.

- A bandoleer which can hold flasks instead of knives. As exotic as this sounds, I also need vials capable of holding Aether-rich concoctions without breaking, but swift to take out for an offensive spell. A matching belt pouch for the field would also be appreciated.

- Books on the Human Language, Politics, Warfare (particularly tactics), Sorcery (particularly use in battle), Teachings of Molten, and information regarding Oneists and Dominicus.

- Paper and ink... lots of it.

- A swift and trusted messenger to send reports, requests, and observations back to the Queen.

((He is a patient man, so whenever they can get the stuff to him is fine.))
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

SKILLED!!!

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”