Onwards and Upwards - Sam 25th, early MT - Acies

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Onwards and Upwards - Sam 25th, early MT - Acies

Post by Guest »

Acies woke with a start, somewhere in the early marks of the morningtide - from the sound outside it was hard to tell exactly what the time was, but she estimated from the absence of sound within the house that it was perhaps a mark or two before breakfast. She shivered, slightly, and lay still - a growing knot of excitement and adrenaline at the day ahead forming in her stomach - somewhere between apprehension and joy, leaning not to one or the other but to both.

What will become of me? I wonder... so many opportunities will present themselves, but I cannot know which those will be or how I might react until they make their way before me and... then... I simply act. Or do not act. The Great Ascent! It is almost too much to even think of. That I might be a part of it... this very day. May Molten guide me in all things - for I will need his guidance now more than ever...

Acies shook herself roughly from her idle contemplation, knowing it to be futile - nothing more than speculation at her future without any real basis in fact or any solution that she could possibly venture at this point. It was very unlike her to rise at such an early hour, but without even a thought to her book or her bed she shoved back the sheets and padded softly on bare feet around the room, pushing her silver hair away from her face as she did so. Travelling clothes would be called for, she was sure - something practical and yet... if Lady Vlast were travelling also - would she be? Acies supposed so, and yet - the lady might be needed with the queen. Such a valuable piece would not be discarded lightly - no, that is the place for a pawn such as me... And I'd bet they lay hopes that this pawn turns out to be a more powerful piece of her own. But we shall see.

Something practical and yet stylish then - suitable for travelling and still flattering and tasteful in its cut and colour. It would not do for one in her position to be seen in anything less than noble attire, for first impressions meant a great deal - and though Acies spent much of her energy on thought and word games, as did all of money in the position to do so - she could sometimes be a trifle vain and an opportunity such as this to indulge such a weakness could not be passed up. She rifled through her clothes with the energy and carelessness of one who has not learned to tidy up after herself, having had others to do such a thing for her, and selected appropriate garments, tossing others on to the floor. Strange as it felt to dress without help, she did not expect to be interrupted at this mark by any at all - though she, in truth, had no idea what mark exactly Lady Vlast intended to send a servant for her. This drove her to prepare quickly.

And only left her prepared, perhaps a little hastily and without the usual care she might, and seated on her travelling trunk in the manner of a coiled spring - waiting. How very frustrating, to be returned to waiting, and when on the verge of something to great!
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The door opened silently and Cecilia backed into the room carrying a tray. Her movements were absolutely silent, a skill honed after suffering the wrath of waking her mistress in less than a pleasing manner. Cecilia deftly spun around and closed the door with a bump of her hip. Her eyes swung up and she jumped at the unexpected presence of her mistress awake. Cecilia managed to save the breakfast on the tray with only a drop or two of tea coming free from the china cup. Acies could see the breakfast tray contained her favorites and rather sizable portions of them.

"Sorry, mistress." Cecilia curtesied briefly and then brought the tray to her. "I did not expect you awake so early." Cecilia was wearing drabber clothing than usual but sturdy. She too was ready for travel. "The servants your mother have selected are ready to take your trunk the moment you wish it."

She set down the breakfast tray on the bed and brought over a table for Acies to eat off of. "Also your new bodyguard is outside." Cecilia smiled at her mistress and leaned in. "He's a handsome one, mistress." She informed her. "Tall, dark, well muscled. He certainly looks the part, mistress." Cecilia unfolds a napkin and places it in Acies's lap. "Your mother said he was due to start Dark Knight training. His name is Darnoc." She smiled in remembrance.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”