The Dark Knights Guild

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Jadmai
Civus

The Dark Knights Guild

Post by Jadmai »

The home of the Dark Knights demands the eye, as there home makes one's mind think of a castle, though not quite as large, the construction of it, in both architecture and aesthetics brings nothing more to mind than a palace. Giant spires push upwards towards the upper reaches of the spire, Dark Knights patrolling the area, what better home for the elite of Gulanadur of both body and mind.

Dark Knights are the best of what Gulanadur has to offer, studying in both weaponry, and diplomacy. This guild rejects more hopefuls than all other guilds in Gulanadur put together.

However, if one is worthy of the training and the title, they will become one of the most respected citizens in Gulanadur, and the rewards that go with it. For most, Dark Knights after graduating, begin work with Nobility.
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel

Post by Guest »

OOC: Hi! I made an assumption on the gate and on the light from the river. I assumed it shone most everywhere. Looking forward to playing down here. :D

IC:
Jhael’s mind wandered as he approached the palatial structure. He thought of the masons spending their lives and energy to create the magnificent stone foundations before him. He thought briefly on the architect who had designed the guild and how they must have felt at seeing their completed masterpiece. Did he realize how he would affect the lives of our people? Did he know that I would come along to revel in his work and to study in its halls? Jhael contemplated how he only now embarked on the path, started generations ago in the designs of strangers. It is my turn.

Clad in his leather armor and armed with his sword, Jhael felt his heart beat with a strong and noble purpose. All of his training and perseverance had been building to this moment. His ancestors would be proud. He would honor their lives and their sacrifices.

Jhael’s thoughts then jumped to his mother and grandmother. Expectations weighed heavily on his shoulders, but he knew would be worthy of the burden. Last night standing proud and solemn in the presence of his grandmother, he’d seen the look of pride in his mother’s eyes. That was the last time he’d seen her. She did not come to say farewell. In his heart, Jhael was glad, lest she see any doubt or confusion in his eyes.

Dressing before dawn, Jhael left without saying goodbye. The purple hue of the river lent an air of calmness to his short journey. The rhythmic slapping of his sheath against his hip helped him keep his focus while he walked. He was the lone soldier, marching to his test. Now, standing in front of the grand edifice, with no sound but his breath creaking through his armor, his mind leapt between tangents. His mother, the building, the masons . . .they were all distractions.

Realizing his focus had momentarily slipped, Jhael practiced his calming routine. Words formed slowly his head. . .

Spires reach in the dark
Monument to the future
The path before him . . .

His breathing slowed and again he could feel his blood pump through his chest, a deliberate force toward his goal. Clutching two crowns in his fist, he entered the gate.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

There was in fact a slight but steady stream of people coming and going from these gates even on this Morningtide of the 18th of Samheen. Some very obvious Dark Knights in their armor entering and leaving and others like Jhael seeking to join the elite ranks of the Guild.

On the other side of the gates to this miniature castle one could see dark knights instructing drills in military fashion and some select groups holding scrolls in hand with small bottles of ink and ink quills while another lectured. Jhael is ushered into a line that moves quickly up to a stone formation with a polished marble top where a pair of dark knights in full plate made from the blackest of metals stood at either end of a row of not quite as armored but equally impressive dark knights accepting entrants. They wore silver or black chain and each had a sword lain across the table beside them.

Jhael is urged up to the next open man and he looks him up and down, "Two Crowns will pay your way into the dark knights where the rest of your training is bought with blood, sweat, and tears. We take children and make them into adults. The take adults and make noble in the eyes of the gods. Pay your coins, state your name, and any declarations you may have before your time of silence begins."
Last edited by Torigm Khace on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

The show of force before him was intimidating. Looking over their uniforms, he wondered at the significance of the Silver and Black armor. There seemed to be no difference in their function and the Dark Knight’s words sounded routine. Perhaps it indicates rank? Jhael’s curiosity was mildly peaked by the differently armored elves before him.

Unclenching his fist, Jhael handed over the two coins demanded by the Dark Knight. He kept his voice steady and calm as he answered the Knight’s directive.

“I am Jhael’lin of the House Baen’rahel. I come seeking the honor of becoming a Dark Knight.” Jhael stood straight and spoke evenly but his voice only masked his feelings. Inside, a knot of nervous energy was demanding his attention.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

"Good, you time of silence has now begun. " A dark knight signals Jhael to a group of other dark adhiel looking much like him. A large knight in black chain stands before you. His long white hair is drawn back into a knot where beaded braids extend for nearly a foot beyond the knot of hair.

"I am Captain Vel'Dorn, you will refer to me as Captain Vel'Dorn or Master Vel'Dorn. anything else is unacceptable. You seek to become a noble dark knight. We shall see. The best Dark Knights to ever grace these halls have passed the tests of knighthood unfailingly and you are all involved in your first test right now. The time of silence is also called the time of listening, because you are instructed to not utter one syllable, one sound. Nothing but breath should escape your lips regardless of what anyone tells you in the next 24 candlemarks.

"As a Dark knight you must learn to listen. You must learn to use your brain before your mouth. When you are silent you are open for learning, when you are talking, you are not listening. To fail to listen could mean death. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Master Vel'Dorn," one student spoke.

Master Vel'Dorn glared at the student and motioned him forward. When the youth was within reach, Vel'Dorn reached out and grabbed the boy by the throat drawing him near, "You have just invalidated your time of silence. You have failed your first test. Go back to that table and tell them what you have done." Vel'Dorn practically launched the boy in that direction.

"That was a prime example of not listening. I hope the rest of you heard with your brains as well and not just your ears. During this time of silence you will begin instruction in the sign language of the Dark Knights. Silence is useful for other things than just listening. Being silent prevents others from hearing you. The sign language is used both up close and from long distances. You will also learn some history, the mistakes of the past should not be the mistakes of the future. "

Captain Vel'Dorn began handing out small slips of paper with symbols on them, "These are your room assignments. The marks indicate a building, a room, and a bunk. You have one tide till your first class. Remember to honor the time of silence test. I will know if you fail, where ever you go."

Other marks on the paper indicate class and schedule for the Dark Knight training.
Last edited by Torigm Khace on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Clasping his hands behind his back, Jhael watched the boy walk away. The violence with which the message had been conveyed did not surprise him. The fact the boy still stood, though, did. Captain Vel’Dorn did not seem the type to administer mercy or forgive mistakes. His and his family's shame will be great. It will be punishment enough. Jhael doubted the boy would return. He turned his gaze back to the students around him, determined not to make the same mistake.

Questions floated through his mind as he listened to Captain Vel'Dorn. How many of us will make it through this training? Who will be the next to fail? Will I be strong enough when the time comes? Shaking the webs of doubt from his mind, Jhael concentrated on the test ahead of him. This was the challenge he needed to conquer, silence for 24 candlemarks.

Contemplating how he would avoid asking questions, Jhael reviewed what he’d seen so far in his head. The guild was busier than he’d expected. Too many Knights wandered the grounds. The reputation of the Knights aside, the number of applicants also seemed high. He knew little of the value of money but two crowns was not a pittance. This was not a task to undertake lightly. Are they building up their forces for something? Is there a greater need for the Knight’s abilities? Or . . .do only so few survive the trials? He needed to see more before an analysis could be made.

He looked down at his schedule, satisfied that the information would present itself when the time was right. Hopefully, his family had prepared him for the classes he’d take. The Dark Knights were legendary warriors and diplomats. He'd received a decent education, but he would only know for sure during the trials where his mind and his mettle would be tested. Well, I’ll see in a tide, won’t I?

Motivating himself to move, Jhael then examined the room information he’d received from Captain Vel’Dorm. He had one tide to figure out where his bunk and room were in the complex. Jhael turned toward the building and peered closer, looking for markings that would indicate it was same as in his instructions. His eyes then moved toward his fellow students. I assume the majority of the group is headed in the same direction I should be. He shouldered his pack and moved with them, still looking for markings or symbols that matched those on his instructions.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The complex seemed much larger on the inside than he imagined. The buildings were clearly marked with the symbols of the Dark Knights. Students began breaking off at various intervals to go towards specifically marked buildings. Jhael's own building was located far across the complex near a small courtyard piled high with stones of many shapes and sizes.

The symbol of the building matched the first symbol of the note. The rooms as well had their own set, and quickly the pattern of lines and curves and circles made itself known and the room was quickly found. The room was outfitted for two individuals but after several burns Jhael realized that he was going to be here alone.

From a small window Jhael could see the courtyard with the stones. A singular dark knight was there inspecting the stones and picking up any small strays in the courtyard and tossing them into the larger pile. Soon another of the students popped his head in, he waved silently, but then whispered, "what do you think he is doing?"

The whispers seems to take on a life of their own in the stark stone room and you could hear them echo down the hall and far away. The knight outside paused for a moment but then went back to his work. The student who had spoke looked fearfully around.

Post by Guest »

Jhael stepped into the room and examined his surroundings. He removed his pack and sword and looked out the window. The Knight seemed out of place in the courtyard. The complex held a sense of order, an order reinforced by the structured actions of its inhabitants. But this Knight bordered on aimless as he wandered among the courtyard. He couldn’t just be picking up stones could he?

The unexpected whispers sliced the air and caused Jhael to wince. He turned to face his visitor and smiled softly. The rules had been broken, but he did not want to shun the boy. No doubt, he would need friends in the days to come. Still, he would not make the same mistake.

Jhael raised his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders indicating he did not have an answer for the student. Placing his index finger on his lips, he motioned with his head toward the window. Standing, he made eye contact with the boy and began a series of hand signals he hoped would be understood.

First, he pointed to the Dark Knight in the courtyard. Then, Jhael cupped his ear with his right hand and pointed to himself and the other boy with his left. Hopefully, the boy would catch his meaning. The urge to mouth, “he’s listening to us you fool” welled up inside him but stopped in his throat.

With the inability to speak, Jhael suddenly understood the value of the sign language mentioned by Captain Vel’Dorn. The Knight was so close his words would easily be overheard. He would give himself and his companion away with any noise. The lesson was simple but clear. However, his gestures were only guess work, the possibility of a misunderstanding between him and his companion was high. A sign language, understood by both, could be invaluable. That is of course, if it isn’t too dark.

Turning back to the room, Jhael pulled out his schedule information. Offering it with his left hand, he pointed to it with his right and gave the boy a quizzical look. He wanted to know if the other student had a similar schedule and hoped that his facial expressions and eye motions would convey his message.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The steady steps of the knight in the courtyard below could be heard and he started to hum to himself as he cleared out what appeared to be the last of the stones. He walked the length of the courtyard several times slowly as Jhael and the other student looked on.

The other recruit examined Jhael's schedule for a moment and pulled out his own. The markings appeared identical except for the symbol of the room. He tried to come up with some kind of hand signal to communicate with Jhael in a similar manner but you think that he wanted to go away and dance as he move his hands ungracefully about.

You can tell that he was about to say something else as he opened his mouth but he shut it quickly and shrugged as he left the room. The knight in the courtyard had gone, only a large pile of stones remained jumbled at one end.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry for the late post. Just getting back on pace from vacation.

The young applicant watched his visitor leave. Alone now in his room, Jhael examined the furnishings and layout. It would easily suffice for one person. On the surface, Jhael was pleased he did not have a roommate. It would give him time to contemplate and he would be less distracted from his studies. But something in Jhael’s subconscious made him feel slightly abandoned. He was not homesick but the thought of being in this room, isolated and unaided, presented a challenge he hadn’t anticipated. His dour expression darkened further. These were not comfortable thoughts on such a glorious day. He had begun training as a vaunted Dark Knight. Feelings of loneliness shouldn’t be dimming his mood.

With a huff, Jhael forced himself to review only facts and ignore his feelings. He only knew he was required to be at his first class by the end of Morningtide. But with both the boy and Knight gone, Jhael was unsure how he should spend the rest of his time. He was not tired, he didn’t feel like writing, and he had no desire to unpack. Looking out the window, the pile of stones drew his attention. Had the Knight finished, he asked himself. What exactly was the Knight doing? Could the stones mean something? Jhael’s curiosity was peaked and he headed out toward the courtyard. He would see for himself what the pile of stones was all about.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Jhael found the exit into the courtyard easily and a couple of fellow students where standing in the doorway signalling to one another trying desperately to communicate during the time of silence. Out in the courtyard the dirt was pristine clean of stones as they were all bunched up on one end. Being this much closer to them, one could see that the pile was easily twice the height of an average Adhiel. This said quite a lot for the sheer volume of stones that had to have been piled into the far end of the courtyard.

The stones themselves came in all shapes and sizes. Some stones where the small stones Jhael witnessed the dark knight earlier tossing into the pile, while others were gargantuan and irregular, where many men would be hard pressed to even think about lifting the stone. How they got into the courtyard Jhael cannot be certain.

"Curiosity may lose a battle," A dark knight arrived into the courtyard looking at the three young applicants. One of the others tried wordlessly to indicate something and the dark knight help out his hand, "Stop, don't even try, and don't speak, I'm not going to try and goad you into words to break the test."

He gathered Jhael and the other two out into the courtyard and turned them to the empty end. The empty end of the courtyard was spotless of stones whatsoever. It appeared to just be a perfectly square container of nothing. "Curiosity may win a battle as well," he said. "It is wisdom to know when. I am Tophin, I will be one of your instructors during your training but you may not see me for quite some time. Now is the the time for me to be curious. I will know who you are now, is some time later, and when it is time for us to meet for lessons, by curiosity will have paid off.

"I think your curiosity so early in your studies should pay off as well. I will teach you two things now. The first is that you will soon have to move every stone from that end of the courtyard to the other end. The other are some simple signs." Tophin proceeded to quickly instruct the three on seven signs. Question, Time, Gather, Danger, Move, Retreat, and Inspect.

"These will help you get some points across. And I've taken up quite a bit of your time, anything you try to ask?"

Post by Guest »

Jhael listened intently to the Dark Knight’s instruction. Mentally he made notes on the hand symbols he’d just seen. Subconsciously he made the symbols with his hands while he memorized the movements. These may come in handy. Jhael was pleased to begin his training, even if the lessons were simple.

Hearing the instructor’s question, Jhael almost answered. He caught himself and just shook his head. He had a thousand questions but he would not break his time of silence. Instead he went to examine the empty, square container. The young adhiel motioned to one of the other students to join him. He made the sign for Inspect and moved toward the bin.

Moving the smaller stones across the yard would be easy, but he was concerned about the larger ones. He looked around for anything that could be useful in moving the stones. In pairs or as a group, they might be able to move the stones, but he was not certain. Is there anything I could use to pry them up, he thought, careful to keep his questions internal. If we could roll them, they might move easier or if they were resting on something else that moved . . .

As Jhael pondered the dilemma of the larger stones he motioned to the other students who had witnessed the instructions. He wanted to begin but he did not know if he could. Again, he folded and flipped his fingers, indicating the symbol for Question, then pointed to the rocks and signed Gather?
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

"Yes, you will do so in time, but Captain Vel'Dorn will tell you when this test will begin. Do not begin it before hand. The tests like assignments, have specific instructions and until you know those instructions fully you cannot truly begin."

The other students grasped the sign language well enough as well and asked the time. Tophin looked around a couple of times and after grasping his chin for a moment, "It's probably time for you to move along." Tophin adjusted his scabbard a little and checked his sword. The black metal of the blade became visible for only a second before he clicked it back into place. He brought his feet sharply together and gave a short bow to all three at once.

Post by Guest »

Jhael’s eyes were immediately drawn the blade of the knight’s weapon. The sword fascinated him; a tool necessary for when negotiations failed. He knew from his tutors that the true master never used his sword. He’d also learned, though, that few become a master. When the Knight bowed, he tried to examine it more closely. Even his father had rarely let him view his weapons. He could hear his fencing instructors voice echoed through his mind,”the sword is merely a tool, Jhael, the wielder is the true danger.” His tutor’s words followed the adage with a reminder of etiquette. He quickly returned the Knight’s bow in as formal a manner as he knew.

With the tide burning slowly away, Jhael headed back toward his room. He would pick up his instructions and head toward his first lesson. In the short distance to the dormitory, he again pondered the puzzle of the stones. He knew he would learn more in time but the mental exercise intrigued him. Curiosity. The Knight had rewarded the group but had also warned them. They had been lucky, this time. Jhael had never thought of himself as curious but more as a seeker of knowledge. But yes, I am curious. It was such a childish description. Yet . . .another yet . . .he was still a child in the eyes of many.

Jhael took a deep breath to let his mind relax. His encounter in the courtyard had opened many avenues to consider. He did not need all the answers immediately, he told himself. Now was the time for his first lesson. Excitement welled within as he approached the area of the class.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Jhael found his way to a chamber in which many like him were seated. Some students were talking and some weren't. The two other students who were with him in the stone courtyard accompanied him to class. They were silent.

The chairs where students were expected to sit were situated in rows that increased in height away from and around a central podium. When Captain Vel'dorn entered, all fell immediately silent. He glanced around the room with a gaze that seemed to penetrate the throat of each and every adhiel there.

"It is important to know where you came from," he announced. His voice was booming echo over the silence. "And part of your studies will be a history of the Dark Knights. There are things you must learn in your training that require you to be a very physical adhiel, and there are things you must learn to improve your mind. The great Dark Knights of the past were great for a reason. They encompassed both the body and the mind of what is to be what you are trying to become. "

"unfortunately for you. Our books that detailed the actions of our great heroes have slowly slipped from our grasp over the course of the decades. We suspect that the mage's guild has been accumulating them. So, we must pass on what we remember from word of mouth. Your studies in the history of the dark knights will be given to you by many of the senior knights, pay attention, remember, and learn."

Vel'Dorn proceeded to speak of various names that show up commonly in the bedtime stories of the youth of Gulanadur. Famous names and the tales that went with them were being rehashed before Jhael and the others. But in every tale that Vel'Dorn recounted he added information that was not commonly known. While it may be tempting to presume he was making some of it up. The matter of fact manner in which he recounted the stories made them all believable. More believable than the bedtime story versions.

Class seemed to go quickly and Vel'Dorn had a way with words that enraptured. "So, are there any questions?" he asked, smirking as he glanced around the room."
Tian Cross

Post by Tian Cross »

One student, sitting opposite Jhael'lin did indeed have a question. The fact that he dared to speak at all demonstrated that he had passed the time of silence.

"Captain Vel'dorn, have you ever had a part to play in any of these tales you speak to us of?" He glanced at the others in his class, seeking approval. His eyes rested on Jhael'lin before returning to captain Vel'dorn.

Post by Guest »

Jhael listened carefully to the Knight’s tales. He thought back to the stories his family had told him about his ancestors and was gladdened at the similarities. He’d often imagined himself the hero of those stories performing feats of amazement and bravery. The tales now told by his instructor reinforced his feelings that he had been chosen for this role; he was destined to be a Dark Knight.

The other student’s question caught him off guard but he perked up immediately. Yes this should be good. Is our instructor the hero as well as the tutor? Jhael could not place Vel’dorn’s name among the stories of his youth. However, just because he wasn’t the main character didn’t mean he hadn’t been there. Jhael was familiar with the techniques of storytelling his mother and grandmother had used. They never told lies, but sometimes the truth wasn’t as exciting without something extra.

Jhael noticed how the student’s eyes stopped on him. I wonder what he sees, he thought, and self consciously ran his fingers through his cropped hair. He gritted his teeth at the barrier to his speech and he made another mental note to look up the boy when his time of silence had passed. His list of notes was getting long.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Captain Vel'Dorn climbed the raised steps to stand next to the student that asked the question. His eyes glanced over the cadets uniform appraisingly. He was looking for something it seemed but did not find it.

"Yes," he turned and walked down the stairs with a straight back and puffed out chest. "In some of the tales I've had parts. Some I've witnessed first hand. In some, I've been told after the fact, because my part of the tale lay elsewhere. And in one tale, one alone, I will give the credit to another, a dear friend of mine who fell later by an enchanted blade in the hands of a coward.

"You must come to understand through your training that being humble is part of who you must be. We are not here as elite heroes. If you are such, then you will be remembered as such, however, while you serve, you are a dark knight. You are brothers and sisters. You put the needs of all dark adhiel before yourself. You are humble, courteous, strong, brave. You are many things. To be a Dark Knight is an honor that is placed upon you by this guild and none other. It's an honor that hopefully you will all one day wear with pride.

"Dismissed."
Tian Cross

Post by Tian Cross »

The student who had spoken listened intently to his teacher. An eyebrow was raised as he spoke and as he listened he nodded. However as the "dismissal" was sounded he appeared unnappeased. After appearing to reconsider his next course of action he decided to speak once more, even though their was a chance that the Dark Knight's wrath would be incurred.

The student was slight, even for one of the Adhiel but a confidence crept into his words as he spoke. His respect for Captain Vel'Dorn was obvious in his tone "Why did you become a Knight, sir? Was it to take your place in the tomes of history? Did you long to be amongst the figurs of legend?"
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Captain Vel'Dorn crossed down the raised steps and across the floor as many students filed out. A few had remained to listen. Before reaching the door to leave the classroom, Vel'Dorn rested a hand on the handle and turned to the inquisitive student. His face was stern and his demeanor cold and distant. "I became a dark knight because I was told to."

His quick movements afterward to exit the classroom left no room for further questions or comments.

Post by Guest »

Jhael rose and headed toward the exit of the classroom. Captain Vel’Dorn’s words intrigued him but it was clear he would not discuss his role in any of the tales. His answer though, resonated with the young dark elf. Because he was told to. But why was he told to? It was a simple yet loaded answer.

The story behind the why was sure to be interesting. It was the message behind the answer that carried the lesson Jhael learned. He did what he was ordered to. He was ordered to serve; to follow this path. His own desires meant nothing; his own plans for naught. This is what it means to serve as a Dark Knight.

Ready for his next assignment, Jhael looked down at his class schedule. He thought it odd that this little piece of paper held so much sway over his life. Where do I go next?
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The lecture had taken a good deal of time, but it felt as though it passed quickly. The paper offered free time until late eveningTide. Jhael might have to find a way to pass another tide of time. Several of Jhael's fellow students milled about the room desperately trying to communicate with one another while showing papers to one another.

One took to writing on the floor with a blade pulled from his boot. He scratched out the words for the Spire Bridge but others shook their head "no". He then scratched out "Bazaar" and "Mage's Guild". Some indicated one, and others indicated the other. The two who knew the same words in sign language as Jhael looked towards him to see his input.

Post by Guest »

Jhael acknowledged the two students who had accompanied him from the courtyard. Making the sign for Inspect, he pointed to the scrawled word for Bazaar. He looked at his comrades to see if they were interested. Part of him wanted to rest and reflect on his lesson but his proximity to the older students and Knights only raised questions; questions he couldn’t ask.

At the very least the Bazaar would allow him to pass the time. It had been more than a yahren since he’d been there. His studies and preparation had been his sole focus. His only concern was that his sword was still in his room. Jhael contemplated gathering his sword but decided against returning. He was not going to battle, only to wander the market.
Tian Cross

Post by Tian Cross »

The student that had questioned captain Vel'Dorn nodded to Jhael and the others and left the room at a trot. As Jhael's fellow students began to mingle one was watching the adhiel's actions. He had taken note of their presence during the lesson but felt it prudent to wait until after to approach.

Belael Dem'Orhan was also a student taking his time of silence at the guild. However, unlike Jhael and his newest companions, he had yet to learn anything of the silent code they appeared able in, at least in basic form. He had only recently signed up to the guild, on his father's insistence, and was keen not to be by himself.

Without knowing anyone he was keen to at least find soemone to accompany him after lessons and the three students across the courtyard seemed better than most.

He straightened his back and approached them. In basic hand signals to Jhael he indicated that he wished to accompany them. He finished with a simple shrug of the shoulders, awaiting his response.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry for the confusion on the first version of this post. It's must be that British version of English or something ;)

IC: Jhael understood the boy’s meager hand signals. He wanted to join them by the look of it. He had no major qualms about letting the student join him. His only concern was that the boy didn't appear to know any of the hand signs yet. Perhaps his curiosity had paid off. He would do his best to convey what he knew to the boy.

Once again, the time of silence frustrated him. His friends had no names, only labels; my friend who joined us in class, my friend from the courtyard, and my second friend from the courtyard. He was in danger of confusing himself. Jhael looked closer at his friends, making an effort to study his companions, to learn an identifying feature about each. At least "the tall one" would be easier to remember over the next day.

Jhael looked the new boy in the eye and nodded. He could join them. Then, trying to catch the student’s eye, pointed to their destination, the Bazaar. gathering his comrades, he headed out of the classroom and towards the Middle Tier.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”