Magic Guild

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Torigm Khace

Magic Guild

Post by Torigm Khace »

This thread is for facts about the Magic Guild. I'll try and get information about it from toher threads into this. Thread.

I'd like to establish a fact however in reference to the Library of the Guild.

The library, or at least the first room, is well known to all the current professors and current students (the NPC population of students). The mess has little order and usually only advanced students and professors can use a little magecraft to locate the scrolls and notes they need.

The library in it's totality consists of Scrolls, bound notes, and tomes of knowledge. Few tomes are anywhere near there front of the library. Notes and Scrolls may or may not be false leads about any aspect of magick that the Guild may have studied in its history.

Tomes buried deep in the library may be of more interest but their words may be out of date.

The libaray physical structure consists of a descending spiral to an unknown depth. I would presume slumbering deep deep deep within the library a Librarian might be uncovered. For a bit of fun this could be a very forgettful and ancient Elcid a'Dorn, by now think dirty and dusty old codger. How is he still alive, let the PCs speculate on that one for a while.

How deep oes the library go? I'd say it extends many stories downward and sections are blocked but mismanagement. The first section is being cleared and restored Ssinith and Gilanor. Whether or not they attempt to continue work in the Magic Guild Library is uncertain. But their efforts should be noted at least in the first section.

For all intents and purposes the library is a pretty standard library with two notable exceptions. All the books are by mages, and so are from a mages point of view, but contain very little to no magic. The second exception is that the books by Elcid a'Dorn are valuable to magi in that they talk much about magick and its practice but he was never skilled at magecraft and so his notes about magick may be misleading. (Trying for an interesting contradiction)

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”