Elementalism 101 ( Magic Guild ) ~ 20th ~ Tradetide

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Post by Guest »

IC: The fire still burnt lively within Gaeden. Its flames igniting the lesser thoughts and ideas and incinerating all. The magling had not wanted to extinguish the inferno, perhaps it could help him perform and outdo the lower subjects. So Gaeden returned to his seat with an enthusiasm unlike he had experienced since the encounter underneath the Magick Guild. The mirage and the Heart. Those objects had really caught his attention and now this class might be equally interesting.

Gaeden finally centered himself wieving the magickal plane. The white beacons crashed into existence and so did the strands of energy. Gaeden floated among the energies. Earth, fire, water, air, life and death. Things were different now though. Those threads of earth, water, air, life and death were alike the sanguine strands of fire. There was a discinct difference, and Gaeden could perceive the characteristics of them. The problem was the threads were crimson. All of them. During the earlier class he had learnt to shield himself, but now he sensed no dangers and relaxed. The shield was only an obstacle at his current level, and the magling opted not to create it.

The strange sight of endless red was not about to halt Gaeden's progression, hence the magling would continue in the same fashion as the other students.

'Well. This is not an obstacle. Professor Valen told me I had an affinity for fire so perhaps this is what it is supposed to look like now,' Gaeden wondered. His eyebrows furrowed and he squinted his eyes at the sailing snakes.

Seizing one thread, he began his weave. A net of air. Gaeden placed every thread in the same direction. A cocoon surrounding his fierce beacon. The strands of air began at the top and the wind continued down underneath yet within the shield and then up again and ended in the same place as he had begun. It created a surface in a single direction. The red coloration was visible, but Gaeden payed it no attention any longer. His focus was with the shield of air. The magling carried on feeding strands into the beginning of the shield to create the intended effect of moving breeze. It was a magnificent vision, and although he worked interminably he also marvelled the creation.

OOC: I thought I'd elaborate a bit on the fire-affinity. I hope it's not completely out of my way. You'll have to decide the outcome of the net though?

Post by Guest »

The pale blue lines within the air strands aren't just the energy of air, but rather I believe air combined with another type of energy. Or perhaps strands of air invoked with the property of motion, within its manipulations.

The thought came to Gilanor as he watched the Professor's shield on the Aether for a few flickers as he considered what to do before he even started gathering the threads of air energy to him. First he gather a thread of light and set to using it to link himself to the earth to allow any excess energies to be grounded away. Gathering up the first threads of the air energy he intended to let them flow away down the grounding stand to test it was set properly before he continued further with the exercise.

Further strands of air Gilanor intended to manipulate into forming a lattice work of energy around him in the same way as he had wrapped the strands of shadow around the cube. Each strand in the lattice he mentally secure each other were they cross to ensure it stayed in place before he set them into motion. The mental picture formed in his mind showed it as a section of blue fish netting covering him from the crown of his head to his toes.

The sight of the heat energy coming off his body gave him an idea though, that sat with him better than sending the air all in one direction. After all wouldn't the energy from the lattice behind him simply send out energy directly into him. The addition of making the air movements flow around him to go forward was he felt perhaps more complex than made sense. Plus air flowing in one direction wouldn't stop dust in the air coming in from behind you and smothering you.

Rather like a ripple of what spreading out from a stone falling into water he wanted to set in flowing in all directions at once. He intended to invoke its movement to copy the behaviour of the heat energy flowing away in all directions away from him at once. Pushing out into the still air though with a far greater force than the slow moving threads of heat energy.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Valen paced back and forth up from as they worked. He soon tired of that and proceeded to circle around them as they built their shields. Every so often he would stop and peer intently at them before breaking off to resume his circling.

"I see one of you did not follow my design." Valen smiled. "Well it should suffice. Yes it should suffice." Valen gestured at the ceiling and a rain of fine black dust began to fall. In the case of Valen and Gaeden, the dust struck the swirling winds around them and were swept along with the air of the shield. As more and more of the dust fell, rings of black could be seen swirling about them.

In Gilanor's case, the dust was repelled in all directions spreading the black grit all over the room.

After a few burns the flow of dust ceased, and Valen looked about at his students. Here and there on their clothing were spots of the black dust but not enough penetrated to make breathing difficult or vision obscured up to the level of the shield. "Excellent! Lattice tightness and speed need a little tweaking but otherwise excellent. Well done."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Tanar had had little time to prepare himself to construct his shield of air around himself before the Professor had sent soil raining down on them. He had watched Gaeden idly for a moment, noting his concentration in his efforts, and then sat back in his own seat and closed his eyes.

He let himself be drawn deep into one centre, a ball of all his energies concentrated into one. Carefully he went through them, analysing and repenting the ones he had no use for. Tentatively, he sent out a strand of air. It spun into a tiny whirlwind around his face like a rippling blue ribbon. He anchored it with a second, then a third, then a fourth. Soon he was surrounded by a flimsy shaking lattice of threads, hardly enough to repel the shower the Professor would send down. Calming himself, he sent a tighter, better composed thread out of his concentration and bound his network by weaving it tightly between them, pulling his shield closer to himself and therefore making it easier to control. But the speed was not there. The threads swam around him like a light breeze on a Summer's day, and Tanar had no idea how to speed them up.

Come on! he thought desperately, clenching his teeth. The lattice tightened yet further, but the breeze stayed the same.

When the light black dust rained down from the ceiling, Tanar's thread held for no more than a few seconds before it collapsed in on itself, covering him liberally with fine black soil. The failed magling reached out a hand to wipe the mess off his drawing, and hoped glumly that his pathetic attempts had not been noticed by either his fellow students, or Valen.

Post by Guest »

A single fledgling failed miserably. Gaeden felt no sympathy. The same thing had not happened to him, and he could not relate. Failure was not an option. Success lurked around every corner waiting there to blossom into a triumphant flower. He flashed a smile - that was all. Gaeden needed to uphold the focus if he wanted to display his talents. The shield was still intact. It held the blackening ashes away from his white tunic. The difference in colors portrayed the balance. Good and evil. An aspect Gaeden did not support.

Pushing these images back, Gaeden regained control of his mind. The concentration had slipped for perhaps a flicker, yet it was enough to wobble the weave. It flickered, but the cover continued to hide him.

Gaeden came to the conclusion it was a pretty basic weave. His imagination was fluttering. There were infinete possibilities, and the magling had not come here to learn but to excel.

The strands were still pulsating red. It was exhilarating to watch them. The dissesemblances were still disctinctable. Water, earth, air, fire, life and death. Gaeden reached out to them. Far away he could hear professor Valen complimenting their accomplishments. Grabbing a vibrating energy of water, he implimented it into the beginning of his weave. Now the serpent followed the stream, and the magling seized another hooking it into an air thread. Around and around it, Gaeden formed an entwined pattern. He created another and then another. These intergrated and intervowen strands ran along the already created weave and ended in the same spray as the first shield he had woven.

Water and air? Two different energies. And these types does not contradict each other on the material plane like fire and air? The concentration of the intrigued magling was the flame and the wasteland. He was far beyond the material plane and did not comprehend what was now going on around his physical being.

Post by Guest »

That could have been me if my control over the thread's hadn't been enough

As the dust stoppped dropping from the ceiling, Gilanor gave Tanar a sympathic look as he considered the dust covered student. The sideways force of his own dust had likely added to the difficulty he had encountered into keeping the lattice together without the threads being bound to each other.

"The whirlwinds were a good idea in themselves, but I think you needed something to bind them together. Their unsecured motion might of in part at least contributed to the weave breaking apart as such." Gilanor said, letting his the energies of his net seep away via his grounding thread.

Then he set to make some use of the excess air energy he had gather as
he tried to set a small mesh like net of air over Tanar's face so he wouldn't get more dust in his eyes. Setting the energy of motion into another air thread sending it away from him as he attempted to lightly blow the dust off Tanar and away from them both. Where they had sat there was only wall beyond Tanar, and so hopefully no else would end up covered.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Gilanor's swiftly improved mesh protected Tanar'a face from the brunt of the dust cloud as a gentle wind blew the dust from his clothes. Tanar's drawing was also picked up by the wind and went fluttering into the wall beyond.

Meanwhile, Gaeden has yet to drop his weaving. In fact, it seemed to grow stronger. The shield became opaque and thick and shroud of fog oscuring the top half of Gaeden from view.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Gaeden laughed hoarsely. He had not expected this outcome and was taken aback by the shrouding mist.

The tutor had commented on his fire affinity and now all the threads he perceived were red. He could see distinctions. Air, water, earth, death, life, FIRE. It pulsated. The fire energies vibrated, and the magling stretched out. Gaeden halted his movement. He had lost the concentration completely, and the fog vanished.

Annoyed with himself, Gaeden retreated and waited for their next assignment. He had succeeded - outdone the gifted illusionist from the earlier class. His stare wandered to Tanar and Gilanor to see the latter help the prodigy. The superior condition had disappeared with his failure, and Gaeden did not bother to be envious with him any more. Perhaps he surpassed him in creating unreal items, still there were so many aspects of magick. It simply was not enough to just excel in one particular.

"Well. Gone then. It let it fall of course," Gaeden said mostly to himself. He reassured himself he had not failed - he had just let the shield falter and fade away.

"Perhaps we should try fire then. I think that would be a challenging exercise. I would like that, yes," the magling asked the tutor. FIRE. Gaeden was still centered and the magick ran through the white beacon he had become once he entered the magickal plane. It was a strong urge within him to seize the threads and form a myriad of destruction and creations. He did not fall for the tempations though.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"See if you can master the net of fire like you did the others." Valen challenged Gaeden. "There is a trick to it but you have all the elements at hand for success. The pair of you may do the same if you like or you may continue to practice your shields in the kinder elements. Well, kinder in the sense that they kill you less swiftly." He amended with a smile.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Gaeden beamed at professor Valen. He readily accepted the challenge with an eager appearance set on his facade. The opening thoughts concluded it to be another easy task, merely worthy of the magling he had become. It was when the mentor added he had all the elemental forces to use to complete the assignment he began to ponder the different approaches. There was a trick to it and before Gaeden jumped into the weaving he needed to figure out the twist to the exercise.

FIRE. FIRE. FIRE. Gaeden repeated it continuously and began to ponder which component would compliment fire and create a shield. Beginning a mental analysis of every force, Gaeden was sure to find the right to add to the weave.

Life and death were easy to dismiss. Those ingredients did neither to enhance or diminish the possibility to create a magickal shield of fire. Then there was water which would simply extinguish the roaring flames. Earth would neither do anything to improve the spell; it did not burn well and earth could suffocate the fire. So again Gaeden was left with a single element to aid him. Air. Withouth it the flames in the shield would die quickly. There were of course several other aspects of magick. In its purest form magick was the same, but it does take on the form of its surroundings. These were not here, and the fledglings had yet to wield those forms of magick.

Since this was a more complicated weave to perform Gaeden formed it inside his mind before he actually released it onto the mundane plane. He had several fiery threads and wove them together in an intricate square. Slowly he picked a red strand and began in a corner. Then he tore another from the magickal plane and entered it in his weave. One after another he formed an edged area. Slowly the form began to grow and the creation made a perfect square. Finally he implimented an air thread and a second. He made them the same way he had created the first air shield. A source of continuous air to keep the fire growing steadily. The air thread began in one location, continued through the entire creation, and ended in another place to let the air drain out.

Now Gaeden created the same shield of fire and continuous supply of air to keep it growing. He wove it over his head to keep it out of harms way.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The weave of fire roared to life above Gaeden's head filling the room with flickering reds. The net was tight. Gaeden felt sure it would stand against an assault of quenching water or smothering earth. The heat of the flames beat down upon him. Sweat broke out over all his skin causing his robes to stick to his body.

The weave of air did not seem to make his flames burn any brighter but they did channel some of the heat away from him and out into the wider room. Without that, Gaeden felt sure he would have collapsed from the heat of his own spell.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry for my absence I had a bit of hard disk problems namely the fact it crashed.

Gilanor manage to resist the temptation to shake his head when he looked in Gaeden's direction.

Fools rush in. The Professor had earlier indicated that fire barriers could be dangerous until you had learnt shielding. So Gaeden unless he had acquired training in such might well be risking serious physical harm, yet he had jump in with both feet from the looks of it. Gilanor eyed the distance between them for a moment, and was very glad that the other student hadn't sat quite so close to him.

Flickering his gaze to the class room furniture around his fellow student he wondered what if any weave had been used in protecting it. It was hard to tell with the haze from the weaves but was the stone desk next to Gaeden starting to smoke.

"Professor, in regards to your earlier discussion in regards to Shielding. Should I take it that such techniques are designed to prevent a backlash of energies from hurting the weaver if a spell goes astray. In which case is intended to work in conjunction to grounding or separately?"
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Shielding and grounding are quite different things." Valen answered Gilanor. "Take Gaeden's situation here. He is sending the excess energy he draws down his grounding lines and keeping his flames about where he wants them. Or where I presume he wants them. Where he has them in any case. That still leaves him with the heat of his flames that close to his body. That's where shielding comes in. It is your first and in many cases your only defense against magically created forces. A shield does not absorb energies but deflects or difracts them such that they are no longer a danger to you. "

"It is possible to create a shield from your grounding lines and so funnel away energy but that is an advanced technique not often used." Valen continued after a moment. "Mainly because you then have all the extra energies of your spellcasting deliberately running through your shield. That can become very unstable over time."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: Me to sorry about delay. Will try to give Gaeden (that of course, includes you both Tristam and Gil) more of the attention he deserves from now on.

IC: The fire roared above his head and beads of sweat ran down his entire being. A flood of salty moist turned the tunic into a drenched garment; it clung to Gaeden and yet he was not willing to let go of the weave. It was beautiful and malignant.

Gaeden was uncertain whether or not the air he had implimented in the shield really did anything to it - except from keeping him conscious during the inflamed and heated period underneath the enkindled protection. When wielding magick the only limitation is the imagination. Anything is within reach and nothing is irrealizable. The magling tired quickly; the shield began to sway and shiver. He was fatigued now and did not know how long he could endure the heat. Gaeden permitted the flaming protection to evaporate.

Upon the demateralization of it Gaeden felt diminshed and lesser. Perhaps the reason was he did not currently wield any powerful magickal weaves, or was it the fact he ached to utilize the ability to control fiery constructions. Fire had during the class became nothing less than a part of his being.

Gaeden wiped his forehead and fidgeted his hear. He was back along with professor Valen and the other apprentices. Exhaling and inhaling, the magling began to control his emotions and refused the affinity for fire to take a hold of him. He returned just in time to listen to the final exclamation from the tutor, and it made him feel uncertain the shield of shadows he had created earlier was sufficient. He thought it had absorbed the attack from professor Durell; perhaps it simply had deflected the shards?
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: Waiting on Gilanor or Gaeden to actually say something to Valen.

:)
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: LOL! Well, I guess we'll have to leave that to Gil. He is after all leading the conversation. Not me. So Gil; your move. :wink:

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry for the hold up I thought I had posted something here a bit ago but its nowhere in sight. Scratches head and trys to remember if he actually hit the submit. Sigh, anyway....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gilanor thought about the description the professor had provided for a few moments before replying.

"So shielding is like a rock in a current of water, and grounding is like a pipe for excess water to use to travel away from you. I take it the shielding can be constructed from any energies as long as they aren't in synch with the energies you are manipulating. Or is that not an issue since they are seperate energy constructs as such?" Gilanor asked, already forming a idea for how he might set a shield in place about himself.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Your analogy is apt though I would think of shielding as more a special suit you would wear while bathing rather than a rock in the stream." Valen replied. "As for your personal shield, it can be anything." Valen began to pace again. "Fire, water, screams, cloth, anything. It is more a mental contruct than a weave you see. Form is immaterial, only the will of the sorcerer that constructs it matters."

"Now defensive wards or barriers of the elements to protect and harry opponents, those are a different story. Those are true weaves and thus must follow the laws of the elements from which they are constucted and the laws of the Aether through which their energy flows." Valen continued. "Can't hurl a fireball through a waterfall and expect it to do much more than create steam."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"Since Shielding is a mental construct and not an actual weave so thus its not really using weave energy at all. Doesn't that mean that its really the will of the weaver preventing a magical backlash of energy from his weave. The mental construct is simply a mental exercise in order to focus his will on preventing it from occuring, there is no energies other than concentration spend into it." Gilanor replied, a flicker after the Professor had finished speaking the implications of it having hit him immediately.

"Which does make sense because if you were using energy to protect yourself from energy you would be at risk of being injuried from your shield itself if you lost hold of that weave. Rather your mind should perceive the mental construct as a fundamental seperation of your form and the energies you are working with. Thus resulting in any backlash of energies being divert away on some reflex level of self-preservation."

Gilanor feel quite as he considered the implications of this technique.

]the core of all energy being the same naturally the energy involved in a energy and the energy in the body would merge. However, the mind's preceiving the differences in the energy would then cause it to harm the weaver. The mental construct forced a perceived environmental restriction on the energy being manipulated by the weaver. And since the weaver had been the last force controlling it before it went wild the restriction stayed in force.

Then how does the shielding protect you from other weaves, or does the enviromental restriction apply to any energies trying to touch your form. Thus the mind or awareness controls your immediate environment at some level thus forcing restrictions on other energies that first have to be overcome before weaves can effect you.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Shielding is very instinctual." Valen nodded. "It is the will demanding that it must continue. That it will continue! And the universe will bend to that command!" Valen laughed loud and long.

"When it come right down to it lad, shielding is like walking. Past a certain point, you just do it and thinking about how you're doing it only you slows you down." Valen decided with finality.

"I think you have gotten all you'll be able to get out of me today." Valen concluded. "Best you seek answers elsewhere for awhile."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Taking his time Gilanor centred himself again and mentally put together a pipe of earth energy grounding him into the stone floor of the classroom. Then put together a mental picture of a thick layer of cool water covering him from head to toe without even attempting to draw upon the energies. Just a mental construct in his mind, the same way he would picture an weave before releasing energy into its form.

Then taking a thread of fire energy he visualised the same effective motion he had put into the air shield. Visualising a net of fire with the force, heat, and energy of it all heading away from him. He carefully started to construct that net about him, ready for the fire energy to pass into it.

Taking the idea from Gaeden he also prepared a weave of air to draw off excess from inside the shield. With the mental imagery of the heat flowing outwards from the shield he wasn't sure if he would really need it. But safer to grow a bit cold than burn oneself with the flame.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry, Gil. . . Just want to help ya. :P

IC: Being close enough to listen to the conversation between the tutor and the other magling - Gaeden came to realize what he had perceived. To shield was merely a mental protection to absorb or perhaps deflect another truly magickal weave. It was interesting to hear the pair go at the intricate ways of an uncomplicated layer. Then again; nothing was really that elementary when it came to magick and the weaving of threads.

Gaeden watched the ending display of the other magling and figured he might participate and even help the other in the quest to master these concepts.

So the magling began his own creation. He formed a triangle with his hands and fingers. It was comforting to return to the magickal plane now. He was quite aquianted with it now and embraced the power it offered him. So there they were - magickal threads in different shapes and colors - running along in the chamber. Red, yellow, green, blue. All the colors imaginable and unimaginable. He was among the strands and became transparent himself.

Again he opted for the shadow magick. Gaeden formed a mental picture of grey running around his entire being. It flowed like a wild river and especially around his joints he strengthened it. That had been the weak points on every earlier attempt. He concentrated and it began at his fingers and moved like wildfire around him. He was covered and protected. Biting liquid formed the defensive shelter. It tingled, and Gaeden shivered slightly.

Now to the helping part. The other student had formed absorbing and deflective layers so it should be interesting to see if those two weaves really protected him. Yes - he only wanted to help the magling now comprehend just how powerful the shields of his own were. Gaeden formed a small ball of shadow. He seized a greyish thread from the magickal plane and rolled it into a small circular piece. Then he lunged forward and took hold of another and implimented it into the weave. And another. And another. The ball grew larger and larger until it was about the seize of his own head.

It would easily penetrate the protective layer which surrounded his embodiement. Then Gaeden aimed it at the shield which Gil had created. With a simple flick of his hand, Gaeden let it fly. He cut off the threads at the same instant the ball began to move away from his hand and make its way towards the shield.

Then Gaeden let his own veil drop to protect him from any retaliation. He quickly picked up red threads and began to form a weave which would be the first line of defense. He formed a thin square shield of fiery protection. Like he had done earlier he implimented a few threads of air to filter the heat away from him and keep the fire growing. Finally he let it onto the mundane plane and then immediately after the roaring fire appeared he brought up his first shield.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: OK doing a bit of pruning and weaving together so that everyone has their chance to act and react.

Concentrating upon the desire for protection, Gilanor called forth a cool spring of energy to flow and cover him. As always he found a gulf between planning and execution. The flow of energies was uneven, thicker in some spots and thinner in others. Clearly the thinner areas were points of weakness an enemy could exploit. A few burns of concentration smoothed out the shield somewhat. It wasn't perfect but Gilanor felt it would do.

Then came reaching for the energies of the room. His own shield obstructed him. No longer could he simply reach out for the threads freely. They had to be threaded through his shield like string through a chain mesh. This too took burns of concentration and some trial and error.

Finally, the net of flame was woven and with the laying of the last strand, the net burst into life! Heat radiated in waves outward. The stone desk began to grow warm. Between his shield and directed nature of the spell, a mere fraction of the heat made it back to Gilanor. It was like warming oneself before a bonfire. Gilanor could feel more heat at his joints though.

By this point Gaeden had raised his own shields and a good thing he did for the heat from the fiery net might have been uncomfortable otherwise. Gaeden was weary from his eariler spellcasting and the heat from his own weave. The threads of shadow danced away from his sluggish hands. Still, they could not evade him forever and soon the desired ball of shadow was collected. As he hurled it at Gilanor, Gaeden noticed that the ball shrunk a little before he could cut off the strands that fueled it.

Unfortunately for Gilanor maintaining the shield and the net required most of his concentration. Accordingly, he did not notice the shadow ball until it was too late to do much about it. It passed without resistance through the net of flame and headed for his shield. Pure instinct took over and his net of flame dropped in favor of full concentration upon his shield. Shadow collided with water and the ball broke into a fog of shadow that harmlessly spread out upon the shield. Here and there at his joints, Gilanor could feel a slight chill where the shadow energies touched him.

Gaeden began another weave.

Galen simply watched them both with curiosity and with his own shield in place.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Gilanor turned to look at Gaeden and saw his concentration on yet another weave, and his eyes narrowed slightly. He didn't know what this arrogant's sots game was but he'd had just about enough of him. They only thing that he had gained from his little game was a reinforcement of how useful shielding was to prevent others assaults. He'd have to spend some time practising with Ssinith or someone to make sure he got the weak points of the shielding sorted out. The joints and also the problem with weaving after the shield was in place, perhaps he wasn't quite getting it set up correctly.

"Did you consider what might have occured if my shielding hadn't held? I've not seem what that energy striking someone unprotected does have you?" Gilanor asked, wondering how he had ended up in the same class with this individual. Who was apparently more interested in playing pranks and blowing his own trumpet, than he was in real serious study and considerations of the magical arts.

Post by Guest »

Gaeden did not really know what he had expected. Perhaps an attack. The fledgling had only stated the anger about the kind act. Gaeden at least considered it to be a helpful move. Now he was himself infuriated with the other magling about the selfish reply. Quickly frustration and anger welled up inside him, and his facade turned a whiter color than its usual white.

It was an effort to remain collected - Gaeden did succeed however and behind his back his clenched hands let go.

"I believe these classes are to prepare you for what is outside the safe walls of the Magick Guild. I am simply trying to create a more realistic approach. No need to apologize for your rash behaviour, student, in the foreseeable future you might be grateful for my unselfish help," Gaeden again assumed the position of the tutor. He had only wanted to assist and now this, a malevolent and ungrateful response was hurled at him.

Gaeden dropped the weave he was creating. It was no use now that the other part was not going to retaliate. That was not wanted - it was only expected and then he could also prove that his own shields, both the first and second layer of defense, would stand against an attack.

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”