Spire Bridge Inn Samheen 20th

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Tristam

Spire Bridge Inn Samheen 20th

Post by Tristam »

The owner of this inn certainly had the right idea, for no one going to the Spire doesn't have a little coin to spend, for a bite to eat, and a room, at a much more pleasing price than the inn that can be found on The Spire.

Ryiss, meets everyone as they came, and she asks them their needs and wants for there stay, and as has the help get on it immediatly.

Rumors always fly that a noble has slummed into down at the Spire Bridge Inn. Thus, Ryiss, has decorated the inn fit for a noble, with plush, cushions on the chair, and lovely thick dining clothes, with the tables already set.

The one big exception to this Inn is that humans are not allowed lodging here, they may perhaps, stay for a drink, but by no means are they allowed to spend the night.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

A fire withen (Samheen 20th)

Post by Guest »

A lone dark achachiel sat in a corner booth looking absently into an empty mug of ale. The inn was busy this evening, many labors coming directy from work had stopped in to get some ale and converse with collegues. The achadhiel seemed oblivious to everything around him, an impatient barmaid interrupted his thoughts as she asked in broken adhiel "Yu redy fer anuthir rund Mr? Nodding absently the achadhiel watched as the maid filled the cup to the rim.

The achadhiel sat in silence as he took another sip from the ale. He'd been in the inn for the last 3 days since his expulsion from the Dark knights guild. The realization that his dreams were shattered still had not registered with the numb achadhiel. He still could not believe that just 4 days ago he sat in this very inn full of unfullfilled dreams and hopes.

Taking another sip from his drink Jarlon sat back in his seat and stared into his glass thinking of his last day withen the guild. He stood in silence with all of the other students from his class as the instructor handed his class the instruction to gesture in silence. The instructor had dismissed the class to the dorms to look the book over.

Jarlon quickly opened the book and begain to memorize some the gestures. The silence was broken by a soft whisper by a student behind him. Though it was a whisper it sounded like a scream. The other students ignored the student. Jarlon, taking the example from the others also kept reading and ignored the student.

The achadhiel sat on his bed and for several candlemarks he continued to study his book. Softly spoken words interrupted his studying " Ahoy friend, me nam is Ghal". Jarlon looked in annoyance at the strangers manner of speech and the fact that he had broken silence again. Many of the students shook there head as the trainee seemed oblivious to everything around him. So absorbed in his studying Jarlon didn't even realize that the student had taken the bed next to him.

Jarlon again went back to his book and after a few moments the achadhiel was interrupted again as the trainee again broke the vow of silence and whispered another greating to Jarlon. What is the idiot doing? Does he realize that he can be expelled from the order Jarlon thought to himself.

The silence was broken again as a bell could be heard in the distance. The trainees left the dorm to line up in single file line outside to head to dinner. Broggos voice could be heard as he barked at his students for not moving fast enough. Straightening his bed the achadhiel looked in annoyance as the trainee stood at the end of his bed motioning for him to join the others. The student whispered " Lets join the others before we get in trouble" For a brief moment Jarlons instinct told him to keep his mouth shut. Not wanting to see someones dreams not come true the achadhiel whispered back " Be quiet you idiot, we're in a vow of silence". The student shook his head at Jarlon and made us way down to join the others.

"Excus me sirrah, ye be needin anutter refil'? Shaking of the memory the achadhiel noticed that his glass was once again empty. Nodding at the maid he watched as she filled his glass once again. The maid was young probley no more than 14 by human standards, he was suprised that she was even allowed in the establishment. Depression started to set in as the achadhiel started to review his last hours in the guild.

After dinner as Jarlon and the other students entered their dorm they were met by Broggo. "I always like to catch one the first day" The instructor said softly. Jarlon shook his head as his eyes rested on the idiotic student, oh well he had warned him. The achadhiel was shocked as the instructor made his way to him, lifting him above his head the instructor tossed Jarlon down the stairs.

The achadhiel seemed to come back to the present as he rubbed his bruised ribs. His body still hurt from the instructors handling. The former dark knight trainee sat in silence as the realization that the one dream he had been wanting had been snatched from him by a foolish error on his part.

Depression started to sit upon the achadhiel as he realized that very soon he would be without a coin to his name. He very well could not go back to House Maerrett. The world seemed like such a big place as the youngster continued to drink away his problems as he had done the last 3 days.

It was eveningtide as the achachiel made his way to his room. Not even able to make it to the bed Jarlon closed his door to his room as his head begain to spin. The achadhiel dropped to the floor, loud snoring could be heard from down the hall.
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 08, 2005 4:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: Gonna snag you here before you go nighty-night.

Depression started to sit upon the achadhiel as he realized that very soon he would be without a coin to his name. He very well could not go back to House Maerrett. The world seemed like such a big place as the youngster continued to drink away his problems as he had done the last 3 days.

"Your mug seems to have emptied itself again, my friend." A smooth cultured voice observed. "Let me take care of that for you."

A gesture brings a serving girl with a tankard filled with a much higher class of brew than he had been drinking. This was no surprise considering the look of the adhiel who bought it. He was dressed in fine cloths of purple with silver trim. He held a goblet of polished black stone in his hand half full of some dark spirit. "Perhaps you would be kind enough to drink it with me. I have a table just over there."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

The meeting

Post by Guest »

OOC No worries at all Tristam

The achadhiel looked wearily at the stranger, his suprise was evident on his face as he continued to observe the stranger. Could the rumors be true? Was there a noble residing in the inn? I need to be weary here achadhiel thought to himself.

If this was truelly a noble standing before him then refusing to join him would offend him. Nodding reluctently Jarlon said "Many thanks for your hospitality" using the etiquette and speech approriate for that of the strangers station.

Jarlon tried to read the strangers expression as he masked his own emotion. The drink had started to take effect as the achadhiel slowly stood on wobbly legs. He slowly made his way to the strangers table.

Sitting down the achadhiels vision started to narrow as he continued to observe the stranger, the drink was in full effect. The stranger took a seat opposite of Jarlon. Trying to keep his head clear was a difficult task for the achadhiel as the two sat in silence, one taking measure of the other. [/i]
Tristam

Re: The meeting

Post by Tristam »

Jarlon wrote:OOC No worries at all Tristam

The achadhiel looked wearily at the stranger, his suprise was evident on his face as he continued to observe the stranger. Could the rumors be true? Was there a noble residing in the inn? I need to be weary here achadhiel thought to himself.

If this was truelly a noble standing before him then refusing to join him would offend him. Nodding reluctently Jarlon said "Many thanks for your hospitality" using the etiquette and speech approriate for that of the strangers station.

Jarlon tried to read the strangers expression as he masked his own emotion. The drink had started to take effect as the achadhiel slowly stood on wobbly legs. He slowly made his way to the strangers table.

Sitting down the achadhiels vision started to narrow as he continued to observe the stranger, the drink was in full effect.

OOC: Just a reminder not to control the NPC's actions. That's my job. :)

The adhiel pulled up a chair a little to Jarlon's right as though they were old friends. He sat back and gave him a brief but appraising glance.

"I've seen you here for past several nights and I've heard the stories of why you do so." He opens without preamble. "You have skills and I think I can make use of them. Are you interested?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”