Spire Bridge Inn Samheen 22nd

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Tristam

Spire Bridge Inn Samheen 22nd

Post by Tristam »

The owner of this inn certainly had the right idea, for no one going to the Spire doesn't have a little coin to spend, for a bite to eat, and a room, at a much more pleasing price than the inn that can be found on The Spire.

Ryiss, meets everyone as they came, and she asks them their needs and wants for there stay, and as has the help get on it immediatly.

Rumors always fly that a noble has slummed into down at the Spire Bridge Inn. Thus, Ryiss, has decorated the inn fit for a noble, with plush, cushions on the chair, and lovely thick dining clothes, with the tables already set.

The one big exception to this Inn is that humans are not allowed lodging here, they may perhaps, stay for a drink, but by no means are they allowed to spend the night.
----

Samheen 22nd Morningtide

The Inn was not very busy this morningtide. The few customers were eating their breakfasts slowly and deliberately and the serving girls moved on the balls of their feet and spoke in soft soothing voices.
Almost all had a thick glass of mushroom broth before them, Moonlady's Gift, a sure hangover cure if ever there was such a thing.

A young adhiel lass with her silver hair in a braid down her back padded over as Yshna entered the Inn. "Good tide to you Miss. Welcome to the Spire Bridge. How can I be of service?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Despite her nervousness, Yshna could not repress a slight grin at the very careful way in which the patrons of the Spire Bridge Inn were handling themselves this morning. Alcohol was a vice she tried not to overindulge in. Her amber eyes flickered over the patrons. Was he here? Only way to know...

As the braided adhiel girl approached her, Ysha brought a quick smile to her lips. Quick and easy...Relax, girl. If you look like trouble, they'll probably kick you out. Or they might help if they know what you're up to...but then, he's paying, and you're not... That last thought gave her pause. Money was a tool she could use if needed, but not just yet.

“Namaste,” Yshna returned the greeting courteously and softly, ostensibly out of politeness to the hungover people, but also to avoid attracting too much attention should the wayward merchant be in the room. “I'm looking for Harrick Elamshin?”

Post by Guest »

The serving girl nodded and waved her hand towards a nearby booth table,

"Take a seat - I'll go and ask the boss if he knows the name. Would you like anything while you wait?"

The braided Adheel stepped aside to place another cup of Moonlady's Gift in front of one hungover patron and looked back at Yshna, waiting for a response.

Post by Guest »

The boss... Yshna resisted the urge to fidget nervously as she inclined her head towards the serving girl. "Thank you, miss. A mug of hot tea would be very welcome." Anything to keep her hands occupied while she waited. She moved towards the indicated booth and sat down, slinging her satchel from her shoulder to the space beside her. And, clasping her hands deliberately on the table in front of her, she waited, dark gold eyes observing the room with a quiet, casual air.

Post by Guest »

The young serving girl dissapeared behined the bar area for a few minutes, then returned with Yshna's order,

"That'll be three Banner, you can pay after you've spoken with Odex."

Without further comment the girl whisked off to attend to a clearly hungover couple who had just stumbled down from the upstairs rooms. The male had the look of a merchantile success while the woman was somewhat younger than he - both looked somewhat sheepish as they drew smirks from a few of the other clearly hungover patrons. Yshna's observation was interrupted as a well-dressed male Dark Adheel walked over to her table, wincing sharply as he banged his knee on the edge of the booth. He sat down and rubbed his leg with a rueful smile before nodding to Yshna,

"Sashia tells me you're looking for someone?"

Post by Guest »

Yshna accepted the drink with a smile of thanks and wrapped her hands gratefully around the mug. The heat seeped into her skin with welcome warmth, soothing the nervous energy that skittered through her blood. She sipped slowly to avoid burning her tongue.

Odex. The Adhiel's fingers twitched involuntarily as Yshna tried to recall all she knew about the Inn and the loyalties of its owners. Please don't let this Odex be related to Elamshin... that would be rather embarrassing. Though wherever his loyalties lie, he definitely won't want any trouble to disturb and damage the repute of his Inn... nor will he be happy with me dragging the lout kicking and screaming from the door... ach... what can I tell him that'll let me see the Elamshin?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the crack of a knee hitting table. Yshna winced as she turned to look at the man with genuine sympathy. “Ouch, that must have hurt. Are you all right?”

“Sashia tells me you are looking for someone?”

'Looking for someone'. *ulp* Okay, okay...what to do now... Then a thought occurred to her. ...She said I could pay after I'd spoken with Odex... Does that mean he's not going to let me see him? Idiot, Yshna!

The Adhiel set down her mug and let her hands slip down to her lap before she betrayed her nerves by spilling her tea. Steady. He hasn't kicked you out yet, and if he does...well...better find the Elamshin another way. But for now... Get. A. Grip.

“Yes. Yes, I am,” Yshna's voice came out steadier than she'd expected. She even managed a polite smile. “You are Odex? Could you please let Harrick Elamshin know that someone is here to see him with a potentially lucrative business proposal?” Best way to lure a merchant was by the wallet. And it was close enough to the truth, though more lucrative for the Guild than for the merchant. Hopefully. If she didn't screw up.

Post by Guest »

Odex nodded his appreciation for her sympathy and listened thoughtfully to her,

"What makes you think Harrick Elamshin is here?"

Odex smiled at one of the serving girls as she placed a cup of something obviously very hot in front of him - hot enough to cause his eyes to bulge wide in pain as he took his first sip. He carefully set the cup down on the table and appeared to be leaving it to cool.

Post by Guest »

OOC: What tier is the Spire Bridge Inn on?

Why indeed... Yshna frowned slightly, though she forced her voice to remain calm. “I heard that he ” was carousing here last night “ likes to hang out here so I thought I would check here first, and maybe save me a bit of time.” She did not have to feign earnestness with her next request, “Now please, I really do need to talk to him. If he is not here, could you please you tell me where I might find him? Or pass on my message if he's here?”

Her eyes narrowed a fraction as she noticed the grimace of pain this Odex made as he sipped his cup. First, he banged his knee on the edge of his own table... and now he burned himself on his own drink. Surely, if he was the boss, the serving girl would know his preferences? Perhaps he was just a naturally clumsy man. Or, perhaps he was the one she was looking for, and he was toying with her. As she took another sip from her tea, the Adhiel girl's gaze flickered over Odex again, searching for a sign that might prove that he wasn't quite what he seemed.

Post by Guest »

OOC: The Middle Tier, right next to one of the Spire Bridges, oddly enough.

Odex raised an eyebrow,

"A lot of people like to..hang out here."

He sipped his now cooler drink, apparently not noticing Yshna's eyes narrowing, before resuming,

"If I might ask, why do you want to find Harrick Elamshin?"

Post by Guest »

Yshna suppressed rising irritation. Can this man not answer a straight question? “What if I said you might not?” the girl countered sharply. “The business I have with him is between him and I.” Her tone softened, “I realise, however, that lately House Elamshin has not been treated kindly the last few days.” Everyone had probably heard of the assassinations and the funerals by now. “And I assure you that the last thing I want to do is cause him harm.” The last was perfectly honest. A dead target would be extremely bad for business.

Post by Guest »

Odex raised an eyebrow slightly, apparently oblivious to her sharp tone,

"This is Gulanadur my lady, there is no such thing as private business. And I'm not fool enough to believe you wish anyone no harm just because you say so. Harrick Elamshin may be here, he may not. If you give me a message I will convey it to him if he is here, if not I won't."

The tavern owner beckoned to a waitress and a second mug of hot tea was placed in front of Yshna.

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”