For all your questions and concerns about the website, forums, charactersheet creator, etc...Please come here to report any bugs or glitches you discover!

Post by Guest »

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to upload a picture, I've resized the picture to the specifications but I'm still getting the avatar needs to be less then 150 pixels width and 200 pixals height.
Gutter Rat
Retired staff

Post by Gutter Rat »

Are you resizing it in a photo editing program, or via HTML? If you want me to help with it, you can feel free to put it in photobucket and then copy the IMG line into a reply on here - that will link me to the source image and I can resize and link back.

If you want, that is.
Daemons come out at night...and so do the rats.
Posting availability: Almost daily, if I can swing it.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

I've also noticed that if you load the avi into something simple like MS Paint and then 'save as' it normally lets you upload the 'new' one just fine.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Gutter Rat
Retired staff

Post by Gutter Rat »

Talanwei Fortisse wrote:I've also noticed that if you load the avi into something simple like MS Paint and then 'save as' it normally lets you upload the 'new' one just fine.

Err... .gif or .jpg is what I think he means. :)
Daemons come out at night...and so do the rats.
Posting availability: Almost daily, if I can swing it.
Morg

Post by Morg »

I think he's just using a somewhat ambiguous abbreviation for the word 'avatar'... ;)

But yes, sometimes there are upload issues with files saved in Photoshop, so loading and re-saving in Paint or some such program might solve the problem.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Technical Q&A”