Wiki Broken?

For all your questions and concerns about the website, forums, charactersheet creator, etc...Please come here to report any bugs or glitches you discover!

Wiki Broken?

Post by Guest »

I'm a new player to the site. Actually I just got signed up and haven't even had a chance to submit my character yet. But I am not able to get the wiki to work. I just get a page that says "Page can not be displayed". Even when I click on hyperlinks on the character submission page that link to specific sections of the wiki I get the same error. The page title becomes "Cannot find server" and the final line of details on the page says "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

It's quite possible that it's something wrong on my end. But I don't seem to be experiencing any other issues browsing the net. So, I thought I'd post something here to see if anyone else had experienced any issues with it, or if I should try to figure out what's wrong on my end.
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

Okay, I found the trouble. I'll send a note to our webmaster. For now, if you click a wikilink on it and you get such an error, go to the address bar of your browers and delete the "www." between "http://" and "wiki.tazlure.nl/etc". that should make it work.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Hmm. That's strange; I'm not having any issues myself. Unfortunately, I'm not all that good with computers and haven't a clue what the problem might be. If you have access to another computer, you might try that.

Good luck; here's hoping you'll be able to get things going and enjoy playing.
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

well anistis, it's on our side. Not ALL links are set properly at this time. Recently I also changed the thread in the Triangle Islands that contained links to the wikipages on Dort. Most of them had the same problem.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa

Post by Guest »

Adanedhel wrote:Okay, I found the trouble. I'll send a note to our webmaster. For now, if you click a wikilink on it and you get such an error, go to the address bar of your browers and delete the "www." between "http://" and "wiki.tazlure.nl/etc". that should make it work.

That worked, thank you very much! I'm excited to get started with the character submission part!

- Sasha

Post by Guest »

Adanedhel wrote:well anistis, it's on our side. Not ALL links are set properly at this time. Recently I also changed the thread in the Triangle Islands that contained links to the wikipages on Dort. Most of them had the same problem.

When you're looking for broken links.. all of the links on the first page of the Submitting a Character are broken. The page that outlines how to create the character, and warns you not to use the "back" button on your browser. They're easy to fix once you know how, but other new folks won't know unless they see this thread so I thought I'd mention it so you knew it's not working.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

I checked them and they should be all fixed now.
Thanks for the heads up!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk

Return to “Technical Q&A”