Bug Reports!

For all your questions and concerns about the website, forums, charactersheet creator, etc...Please come here to report any bugs or glitches you discover!
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Bug Reports!

Post by Tygress »

Nobody's perfect. Not even a Web God of Dancing Towel Girls. Improvements are constantly being made and tested. Therefore, you will occasionally run into a bug while using our site and forums.
Please follow these steps to report a bug. PLEASE do not report bugs via PM's or on the other OOC boards.

1. Check to make sure this is not one of our known bugs. If it IS, please follow the suggestion in that thread.

2. If this is a new bug, please record the following.
-What you were doing when you encountered the bug.
-The exact error message you recieved (screen shots are helpful, although not necessarry)
-Your login name.

3. Please post that info below.

At that time, we will do our best to discover what went wrong where, and let you know what the results are.
Last edited by Tygress on Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

I've noticed that when I visit Tazlure for the first time and try to log in, I actually have to log in twice. That is, when I enter (or rather, when my browser automatically enters) my username and password on the main /board page and I click Log In, the page refreshes, but I am not logged in. When I click Log In a second time, everything is fine and I can proceed as usual. If I log out and close the browser window and then open Tazlure again, I go through the same process again.

This isn't a crippling problem, but it does mean that I never know what threads have new posts because the system treats me as having 'last visited' just seconds earlier. That's a little inconvenient.

Technical specs: MacOS X 10.4.2 (all latest updates); Camino 0.8.4; I am using the OSX Keychain for password storage, not the Autologin checkbox.
Last edited by Abner Klop on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

MM...might be a MacOSX thing...have you tried firefox instead of safari?
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Post by Kaelara Mentahn »

Two things:

1) If you look in the font size box, the font seems to be the same color as the background (so you can't see anything unless you select it). Not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not!

2) You probably know this already, but the skills in at least my character sheet are not connecting to anything.

Hope that helps - the new site looks amazing!

~K
Avatar courtesy of www.allavatars.com - Electra
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Thanks!

Both fixed now!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

When in the character sheet info section (of someone's actual character sheet) at least "Illuminatus" is not linking properly. Not sure if this is more than just that one name, however.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com
Flik Waxwing

Post by Flik Waxwing »

I don't know if anyone has reported this, but I just created my first character and there were a lot of handy links on the "rules" page (the one right before getting to the form). All of the ones I tried went straight to 404 errors.

I'm using firefox on a winxp system if that makes any difference!
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

How to spend money?

Post by Tilha O`Renimin »

Hello,
Having my character leaving 5 banners on a counter, I just noticed all the expenditures in the automatic shopping tool have a unit cost of 0.
Which makes me unable of throwing out any money, even 99 units costing me 0 banners.
Any help on this?

I'll also second the previous message, the links to rules in the character creation page seemed broken when I created Tilha.
Not a big deal though, as the ones on the main page are working properly.
[size=84][i]"Be guided by your heart and your faith."[/i] - Abbot O'Shea 8th teaching[/size]
[size=75]Avatar from [url=http://www.allavatars.com/]www.allavatars.com[/url][/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Hi Tilha,

Generally we don't worry about expenditures such as 5 banners - it's little enough to be encompassed in the "taxes" that are deducted from all players at the end of each IC month by the mod team. These are supposed to cover all mundane expenses.

The expenditure items on character sheets only work properly when mods use them. :) You can add one to your sheet if you wish, including how much money you lost in the "description" field, and maybe a friendly mod will fix it so that it actually works.

But, in summary, it's no big deal.

- Morg.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Technical Q&A”